[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2017 at 09:27, oneronaldo said:

Podeschi is 6"6 and can't head a ball to save his life? :lol:

I think he may actually be a giraffe my partially blind HOYD found.

On 24/02/2017 at 10:22, clarkehwbu said:

A very bipolar European campaign but in the end, worth while!

You definitely needed that too!

On 24/02/2017 at 12:35, noikeee said:

Excellent result against Malmo and making the Europa League groups is a big achievement for now, even if you've done it before.

Cheers guys :) 

Youth Intake Day!

6ee6a779d30b2f3ace8c5dc70a19cb71.png

a7b8815b7f3831106fd10b0382a7626a.png

That's a quality LB prospect for our level. Solid defensively, surprisingly capable going forward and decent physicals. Excited about him.

89321698e1e0c3233914faa294ed0064.png

We could actually do with a new starting keeper, but I have no idea if he'll grow good enough. Some of his stats are questionable at best.

c579205bad9d4965063a72dba9195647.png

He's quick.

d42f278bac088b50668212a6e5b7a5c3.png

Tackle him and he'll nut you. Hard. I'm a big fan of less technically gifted players who make up for it with hard work, determination and aggression. Shame he's only got one out of the three.

Youth Intake Day!

55751dc3ef5774f1ca1621074cdf55fb.png

71af2668594a25d30bb623b330325179.png

He looks like a quality prospect. Don't worry, Riccardo. We'll find whoever did that to your head. And cheeks. And chin.

45659cbf7df7eef768af5ec8b74fbf51.png

We've got way too many defenders. He was actually bald when he joined the club - he's just been waiting a while for his chance. Anyway, I don't see how he fits in.

Thanks guys :) 

37 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

Sorry to ask, but which file are you using?

I tried Claasens, but these lowly countries don't seem to have many players in their clubs

I'm also using Claasens. I can't speak for other countries, but the squads in San Marino seemed to be a decent enough size?

Season Review!

League

The bad part of the Sammarinese league system, as the eventual winners of the league won just 8/21 games in the regular season. We went down to 10 in the final, threw away a lead with five minutes to go in Extra Time and lost it on penalties.

Cup

That's one trophy, at least.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: La Florita lost 4-1 to Stjarnan from Iceland, Tre Penne lost 5-0 to Dundalk and Libertas lost 5-0 to Differdange from Luxembourg.

Next yearI hate the Europa Qualifiers. I think our chances of making the groups are incredibly slim.

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

Sorry to ask, but which file are you using?

I tried Claasens, but these lowly countries don't seem to have many players in their clubs

Did you click "add players to teams" (or something along those lines) at the start when you were setting up the game?

11 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Season Review!

League

The bad part of the Sammarinese league system, as the eventual winners of the league won just 8/21 games in the regular season. We went down to 10 in the final, threw away a lead with five minutes to go in Extra Time and lost it on penalties.

Cup

That's one trophy, at least.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: La Florita lost 4-1 to Stjarnan from Iceland, Tre Penne lost 5-0 to Dundalk and Libertas lost 5-0 to Differdange from Luxembourg.

Next yearI hate the Europa Qualifiers. I think our chances of making the groups are incredibly slim.

Man, the Leicester of the Sammarinese league

21 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Now that the forums are hopefully back:

We won the league, lost in the cup Semi Final. Here's the tracker:

e9ef5756e937abe689d31177a47b9f4c.png
601a610d5262f5e581375b6292d298f2.png

A bit concerning that despite making the Europa Groups our league ranking dropped. Something to keep an eye on.

Where do you go to find your club ranking?  I am having a minor PBKAC issue trying to find it in my save....

Nice job getting to the EL Group stage.

Thanks,

Jellico73

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

Where do you go to find your club ranking?  I am having a minor PBKAC issue trying to find it in my save....

Nice job getting to the EL Group stage.

Thanks,

Jellico73

At the end of the season, you should get a message that pops up in your inbox telling you your club ranking (on the same day that you get the league ranking one). I'm not actually sure where to find it apart from there, but I'm sure it's around somewhere.

Youth Intake Day!

c74cdf6a70b3300ea5e28cc8a49119df.png

3384e6800bc9fc07a5536f21660604b3.png

I haven't been this excited about a prospect in a while. He's a winger with decent technicals. not awful mentals, and is rapid. Here's the thing - right now, we don't use wingers. So, we have two options:

Change from our narrow 4-3-3 that's served us well to move to something like a 4-4-2.

Or... we could retrain him as a striker. Pace absolutely kills at this level, and his attributes for a striker aren't too shabby. 

Thoughts, guys?

ff5d8f317c9a891c6962eb99ae568911.png

A 6'6 targetman who's actually decent at football? Sign me up! 

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

Change from our narrow 4-3-3 that's served us well to move to something like a 4-4-2.

Or... we could retrain him as a striker. Pace absolutely kills at this level, and his attributes for a striker aren't too shabby. 

Thoughts, guys?

He looks more like a DLF than a Poacher or other 'attacking' forward...my tuppence.

Jellico73

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

I haven't been this excited about a prospect in a while. He's a winger with decent technicals. not awful mentals, and is rapid. Here's the thing - right now, we don't use wingers. So, we have two options:

Thoughts, guys?

In similar situations in the Faroes, I was retraining guys like this as strikers or centre mids, mostly strikers where I found the pace made them more useful.

Perhaps have him try to learn "likes to round keeper", which should make his finishing less important.

I use 4-4-2 and it works a dream for me, i'd suggest switching to that with and advanced forward and a poacher, with a BWM and DLP in midfield. Then Wingers, full backs, and normal CD's.

if you wanna see my tactic, i'll get this tonight for you

That's a tough one because he's clearly more fitting as winger, but your tactic is working out as it is.

Perhaps retrain him as advanced forward? That still trains up crossing, I believe. So you can make him into a versatile player that fits both positions/roles, and then choose between whatever works better for you.

13 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

He looks more like a DLF than a Poacher or other 'attacking' forward...my tuppence.

Jellico73

Interesting.. what makes you see him as a DLF? I was imagining him as a 'poacher' type of player.

13 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

In similar situations in the Faroes, I was retraining guys like this as strikers or centre mids, mostly strikers where I found the pace made them more useful.

Perhaps have him try to learn "likes to round keeper", which should make his finishing less important.

That's not a bad idea :thup:

13 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Celli and Muccioli are your new forwards, the little-and-large 4-4-***king-2 is back :brock:

I am tempted :lol:, but we have a fair few good strikers at the club already.

7 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

I use 4-4-2 and it works a dream for me, i'd suggest switching to that with and advanced forward and a poacher, with a BWM and DLP in midfield. Then Wingers, full backs, and normal CD's.

if you wanna see my tactic, i'll get this tonight for you

Aye, I'd be interested to take a look. Cheers.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

That's a tough one because he's clearly more fitting as winger, but your tactic is working out as it is.

Perhaps retrain him as advanced forward? That still trains up crossing, I believe. So you can make him into a versatile player that fits both positions/roles, and then choose between whatever works better for you.

Superb idea. It doesn't train crossing, but it does train dribbling, which is the area he'd need to work on as a winger, anyway. He's going onto an AF training schedule for now, and we can re-assess the situation as he develops. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

19 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

He looks like he's come from a 60s or 70s hippy band. Looks like a very good striker though.

You're kinder than me, because I was worried that we may run into a problem if we had any games within two miles of a school...

Archived