[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake Day!

2ea040b0ae72cc7d1421d6bebc09cfc8.png

We got an Englishman! Unfortunately he's absolutely rubbish.

67fb3ad9f67a58005a824aa614359942.png

He's got decent physicals, and the ability to play a pass, although not much else. Definitely has some tools to work with as a playmaking type.

6e3c3c0f671bd54f9962bc5c52398bee.png

We've been crying out for a striker who can actually finish, so he might get a chance here.

16 finishing, with 11 composure and 10 off the ball?  I suspect that's fantastic for San Marino...

Got to love the role/duty assessment of him as a Target Man...all 5'7" and 130 pounds of him.

Sorry, Michele...5'8" in your boots.  That's right.  You're a big boy, you are.

18 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

16 finishing, with 11 composure and 10 off the ball?  I suspect that's fantastic for San Marino...

Got to love the role/duty assessment of him as a Target Man...all 5'7" and 130 pounds of him.

Sorry, Michele...5'8" in your boots.  That's right.  You're a big boy, you are.

Aye, that's basically unheard of for San Marino. We get a few 16's, but only in mentals and physicals, never technicals.

Compared to our current Target Man, who's 6'6, 202 pounds, I think our assistant may have slightly misjudged this one. Unless he thinks our current one could eat him.

20 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

[...] I think our assistant may have slightly misjudged this one. Unless he thinks our current one could eat him.

Thus gaining his strength...?!?!

Season Review!

League

Even when we breeze through the league, we make hard work of the playoffs. We won it (in extra time after diving for a penalty...), but we're going to mess this up soon.

Cup

Champions.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Siroki Brijeg from Bosnia, Faetano lost 7-0 to Danish Brondby and Tre Penne lost 5-1 to Sion from Switzerland.

Next yearI want to make it back to the Europa Groups. It's been a while.

Now that we're 30 years into the save, I thought it would be a good time to take a look under the hood and see how other teams are developing their facilities. The first field (tabs highlighted gold) is the value in 2016, and the second (tabs highlighted green) is the one in 2046.

fff3972a105e2c245dcd640450b3b9b0.png

Whew, boy.

Remember how Youth Recruitment seemed easier to upgrade for the AI than the human? Yeah. Every other team - bar one - has been able to upgrade their Youth Recruitment from the starting value. We haven't - even though we're doing better than them in every measurable category. By far.

On one hand, it's good that they're able to develop this, so that the standard of Sammarinese youngsters they produce increases and the National Team gets more help (as well as us getting more competition and help in Europe from the other teams). In particular, Murata have recently produced one winger who's PA is 111, which as far as I'm aware would be the best player produced at any club in San Marino since the start of the save, including ours.

On the other hand... argh. It's so frustrating to still be stuck at 2/20, when if the club was being managed by an AI manager they'd surely be higher - at least at 8/20 and likely even higher. This is clearly a bug/broken mechanic, but AFAIK they haven't found a fix for it yet. I wonder what it's going to take for us to actually be able to upgrade it?

On a brighter note, it's nice to see most of the team's upgrading their other facilities, including youth coaching (junior coaching). The AI definitely seem smarter in terms of squad building than on FM 16, and hopefully we actually get teams good enough to challenge us, considering we've won the league 20 times in 30 years and 17 times in the last 18 years. We'll see how that goes.

5 hours ago, Keano16 said:

That's frustrating re results and youth recruitment again. :(

Tell me about it :( 

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Just out of curiosity, why aren't you upgrading your training and youth facilities with all the money you have?

Good question. We have been upgrading it a fair bit (mainly the training ones), but there's a few reasons why we haven't taken it higher:

1: I'm really not too bothered about upgrading youth facilities right now. Any half decent youth prospect gets chucked straight into our first team squad anyway, so the youth facilities are really only for the second rate prospects who probably aren't going to make it.

2: I'm very paranoid that money can become an issue on these saves. Last year I did this and we ended up in some heavy, heavy financial trouble which really held us back. I'm probably being overcautious, but I'm trying to save a lot of money in the bank for a rainy season or ten.

3: With that said, we don't actually need better training facilities right now. Our problem isn't that players aren't growing to reach their PA - it's that their PAs are so low they pretty much peak when they're 20. It's all about youth recruitment right now (but I will still upgrade our training facilities when we get a bit more cash).

3 hours ago, BathCity said:

This is great, keep it going! :)

Cheers Bath!

53 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day!

f362b8c03e351036b6041b58e47b1dc4.png

Ugh.

328a0355985bed93a47b0bc9ed41b199.png

A 6'5, English/Sammarinese poacher. He's unique, I guess.

6'5'' with 5 strength and 6 heading :D

49 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

He's 6'5", can't head the ball and is a 163lbs stick insect, has no work ethic and is also a coward. Boy have you got your work cut out with this one. :lol:

Grapefruit has fixed worse.

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Only in San Marino would you get a 5'7 target man and a 6'5 poacher!

Our scouts try their hearts out, bless them. They're not exactly sure what sport this is, or how you play it, but they do try.

3 hours ago, Kubson said:

6'5'' with 5 strength and 6 heading :D

Yeah... he very much put all his skill points into 'tall'.

2 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

He's 6'5", can't head the ball and is a 163lbs stick insect, has no work ethic and is also a coward. Boy have you got your work cut out with this one. :lol:

No wonder he's come to San Marino. Poor guy was terrified of London. So many people. So much to do. We'll make something of him yet!

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

Grapefruit has fixed worse.

I think we may need to place an order for some.

Season Review!

League

We made hard work of the final - again - but we held on for the win.

Cup

Oh well.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Juvenes Dogana lost 3-0 to Lech from Poland, Libertas lost 6-1 to Linfield from Northern Ireland and Murata lost 2-1 to Sparta Prague, which is a damn fine effort.

Next yearI want to make it back to the Europa Groups. It's been a while.

Season Review!

League

Not all that convincing, but who cares. Championes!

Cup

Double.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Murata lost 4-1 to Domzale to Slovenia, Fiorentino lost 4-2 to Siroki Brijeg from Bosnia and Libertas lost 4-0 to FC Nordsjaelland from Denmark (that took five minutes to type out and I'm still not sure I spelt it right).

Next yearEuropa Groups. Please?

Archived