EHM Wishlist thread

For Riz, in case SI decide to make the Danish League playable.

Structure in Danish League (Metal Ligaen):

- 10 teams in the league.

- Each team plays every other team 5 times for at total of 45 games. Each team plays the others 2 times at home and 2 times away - the fifth game is random, but all teams should obvioiusly end up with the same amount of home games in total (though some will get 22 (the bottom five from last season) and some will get 23 (the top five from last season)).

- 3 points for a win, 2 points for an overtime win or shoot-out win, 1 point for an overtime or shoot-out loss.

- Overtime is 4on4 for 5 minuttes in the regular season with a shoot-out (3 players each) if the game is still tied - in the play-offs teams keep playing 20 minut periods of 4on4 until a winner is found.

- most games are tuesday and friday - a few are sunday - all games (except sunday games) are played in the evening (starting between 19.00 and 20.30).

- If 2 or more teams have equal points, their placement is determined by (points in games between the teams, then goaldifference in games between the teams, then in goals scored in games between the teams).

- The top 8 teams qualify for the play-offs. The first placed team picks its opponent among the teams placed 5-8, then the second placed team picks and so on. If this is to difficult to implement, then just let number 1 play number 8, number 2 play number 7 etc.

- In the semifinals the top team from the regular season again picks its opponent among the two remaining worst seeded teams from the regular season. Again, this could just be implemented as the best placed team playing the worst-placed team.

- All playoff series are best-of-seven, with the top placed team starting with a home game followed by away-home-away-home-away-home.

- Bronze game (between losing semi-final teams) is a 2-game series with the aggregate winner taking the bronze-medal. There is no overtime or shoot-out in these two games.

Regular season: around 15th of august (18th this year) until end of february (28th this year).

Playoffs: beginning of march until mid-april.

Danish Cup:

- 12 teams - 10 teams from Metal Ligaen and two teams from the First Division (these two teams should be randomly picked among the teams that are not 2nd teams of the Metal Ligaen clubs).

- The four best placed teams from last seasons Metal Ligaen don't enter until the second round.

- The remaining eight teams are drawn against each other, allthough the two First Division teams can't meet each other. The two First Division teams automatically get to play at home - the other games are drawn as to who gets the home advantage.

- The four first round winners join the top 4 from last season in the quarterfinals.

- The teams are drawn randomly and play each other home and away - overtime is used in both games. 4on4 is played continuously in 20 minut periods until a winner is found.

- Semi-finals are drawn and played the same way as the quarter-finals.

- The final is played as one game - the home team is the best placed team from last seasons Metal Ligaen. 4on4 is played continuously in 20 minut periods until a winner is found.

First and second round: first two weeks of september

Semi-finals: beginning of january

Final: sunday in mid-february

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The few features i would really want to this game are; More randomization for injuries. (i have now on whole league's injury list and there are 28 players injured with hip flexor strain and 15 neck strains. This really is annoying). Then it would be nice if when you put roster--> Ask head coach ---> roster & all lines option would sometimes put goalie 2 on the goal also so second goalie won't get unhappy since he hasn't played any games on whole season. Maybe when all lines have been set they would be seen in the roster windows on their own bar. Like L1, L2, L3, L4 etc.

And then for computer trades if i put someone on the block i hope other teams wouldn't spam me with offers without any realism. if i put phil kessel to the block i get offers with one or two draft picks from 10-13. It would be good to have button where you can reject all offers so you don't have to click reject to all of them one by one. And i think it would be good if scouts would have some default scouting they are doing like they are in real world.

Option to "offer new contract for every expiring player" it's tidious work to click them one by one. Line chemistry is really a big thing in NHL. No team is good if there isn't any chemistry between lines and players.

Maybe something info about how players are being trained. What stat has grown on the time period.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the full release, thus far.

A few things that could use improvement

Scouting Assignments: Something more fluid and informative. It's difficult to maintain good scouting coverage. Would be nice if there was some scheduling that allowed you assign a series of teams, competitions, et al to a scout so they continue to have work.

Scouting Reports: Particularly for the drafts, would be nice if the scouting reports could be retained in some way. If you have scouts that were assigned to the the NHL Draft, but reassign them, the reports disappear and you have no reference for them from the main draft screen.

Shortlisting: Would be great to have multiple shortlists.

Training: Some sort of progression tracker; even as simple as exporting an xml or csv of the visible player attributes so that differentials could be performed outside of the game.

I would LOVE to see customisable goal horns and goal music. This would be huge for making ME fun and the community is in place to support such features.

I believe this is already in the game. It just needs somebody to create some sounds.

In playing The Blue Line's challenge I noticed: The 'variety' of scouting reports is a bit odd. I don't expect scouts to all agree on a player, but to have 8 different scouts have the same category as B- or B+, but no more variety is a bit strange. I have two of the exact same report cards, half the scouts say a player is one, half say he's the other... it feels too formulaic.

1.Tutoring, brings a new element to the prospect developing of the game. Just like Football manager, nothing more annoying when you have a dynamite prospect but his personality attributes sucks. Must be included in the future!

2.Player traits. Would personalize each player much more and reflect the reality in a greater way. just like FM here as well.

Player Conversations would be a great addition, i've seen a few people mention it so far. It'd be good to be able to talk to potential signings before making an offer, try and reveal their contract demands etc... then obviously all the conversations to try and boost morale, discipline players and tutoring.

Add named agents individual and the company agents to the game maybe? have them offer you players and have the ability to request an agent to try and find a player for you.

Sponsorship deals with CCM, Reebok, Warrior, Bauer, Sherwood, Graf, Adidas etc...

Change ticket prices, season ticket prices etc..

One thing I'd love to see, to help with immersion

When taking control of a team, say Boston Bruins. The Current GM, rather than getting sacked, becomes the assistant GM to you instead. Saves these great GMs being useless once you take the job from them.

One thing I'd love to see, to help with immersion

When taking control of a team, say Boston Bruins. The Current GM, rather than getting sacked, becomes the assistant GM to you instead. Saves these great GMs being useless once you take the job from them.

It's that even realistic?

maybe for next years verison of the game

- Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament (In August)

- U17 Tournament (In November)

- Junior A Tournament (december 13-19)

This would help our players who we draft when we are playing in the OHL, also gives us a chance that when we are drafting for CHL Import to give us a chance to scout more possible look at some players.

Would like to see more fights.

Would like to see fighting become a visible attribute rather than hidden.

Would also like to see a better way to keep track of who has fought who and who won.

Would like to see having an enforcer in your side give real benefits.

Would like the option to target opposition players with either "roughhousing" which could put them off their game, "wind up" to get them to fight and potentially get kicked out the game, "drop gloves with" your enforcer will target them.

Would also like to be able to set enforcers the same way extra attackers are set.

All i want is 3 on 3 overtime like the NHL has now. Also, I don't know if it has been said I might have missed it. But, I want to be able to scout a whole page off the draft list, instead of having to manually click on 200 kids.

If I recall correctly, 3 on 3 OT is in the game.

Really? I'm using the blue line rosters and I'm playing as the oilers, and so far we've went to overtime like 9 times and all of them were 4on4 OT then shootout. Totally unrelated also, but whoever did roster ratings must not watch oilers because Hall is the worst deker of the kids, yet has best deke rating on my team lol.

Really? I'm using the blue line rosters and I'm playing as the oilers, and so far we've went to overtime like 9 times and all of them were 4on4 OT then shootout. Totally unrelated also, but whoever did roster ratings must not watch oilers because Hall is the worst deker of the kids, yet has best deke rating on my team lol.

What version is your game? And I don't recall if 3v3 is only when you start a new game after a certain update or if older games have it.

• SI Staff
All i want is 3 on 3 overtime like the NHL has now. Also, I don't know if it has been said I might have missed it.

It has been in for a long while now but if you are continuing on an old save that was started with a DB created before these rule changes were implemented, the old save will still obviously run with the old rules.

Their is a lot of things on my whislist but i will just mention some of them

Make u18 national teams and competions playble

Make all Juniorchampionship divisions playable

Make all u20 and u18 national teams playable

Fix so you can arrange practice games with national teams

Give national teams money that they can use to develop facilities in the country, and build new arenas. It would be really nice to develop a nation and take control of all national temas from u18 to senior.

Fix a alternative their clubs can invest money in their facilities

I'd like clubs to be able to purchase their own arenas after a while. When I took control of Coventry Blaze we were regularly selling out our arena, had millions saved in the bank but couldn't do much with it.

The CHL/Continental Cup as always would be nice (Come onnnnnnn). Even if it's not the actual cups, just pluck the champions/2nd place teams from all the leagues and stick them in the Sports Interactive Euro Cup or whatever. I just want a reward for winning the EIHL/Challenge Cup/Playoffs.

This has probably been mentioned a few times, but please look at trade deadline day improvements! This is one of the busiest days of the year in the NHL and should be simulated properly in EHM.

Just played another season, and I cannot begin to tell you how much it sucks to hit continue for trade deadline day, then all of a sudden have 50 new messages including good players going on the block, and get traded for without giving the player GM a chance to react. Right now it is just a frenzy that only the AI is allowed to participate in.

Some suggestions:

- Slow simming to hourly on trade deadline day.

- Add a "deadline hub" interface with a live trade block, waiver wire, team needs, rumours, etc.

- Give the player an option to bypass the deadline if they wish.

I would like to see a rising salary cap. With the cap locked at $71.4m all teams have salary issues in a couple of seasons. In 1 savegame I was in the 2021/2022 season and stars like Seguin and Stamkos get signed in februari to 1,5 year $3m per year deals. The UFA market is flooded every year with star/superb players, and some star players even sit out a complete season as FA.

Another thing I want to see improved is the scouting. When I scout a player and assign a specific scout to watch the player, still other scouts watch him and the scout I assigned doesn't. Could it be that the game selects assigned scouts over not assigned scouts, even if you manually select a scout?

Make it possible to scout leagues/nations/regions for draft elegible players, searching on age doesn't work that well.

When I go to NHL Draft and set the filter to scouted only, no players show up although I've scouted over 200 players. I can even go to View->Scout report select a scout and get to see their scout report, still if I set the filter to Scouted Only all players disappear. Note: Found out how it works. Only players who still have to be scouted appear after filtering scouted only. I would prefer if this filtered out all players I have manually scouted throughout the year.

If I have assigned a scout permanantly, his search results get cleared every 3 months but the scout report is still in the player card. It would be nice if I could still see them if I go to NHL Draft View->Scout report. Now these scout report information is from the scouts page but I think it would be more useful if this information came from the player card.

Here is an example. The player Jesse Puljujärvi has been scouted multiple times, but because the search results have just been cleared there shows no scout report for those scouts, while the scout report is still in the player card.

12068679_10153120110206222_4251363577288717822_o.jpg

• SI Staff

I'm not using an old save. I had EHM 2007 but that's on a computer that died a long time ago. Is my game just glitching out?

Was that a pre-season game ? There was an issue still in 1.0.2 with the exhibition game rules not picking up the 3-on-3 OT for the pre-season games. It will be fixed in the next update for the pre-season games. Regular season games should all feature the 3-on-3 OT.

This has probably been mentioned a few times, but please look at trade deadline day improvements! This is one of the busiest days of the year in the NHL and should be simulated properly in EHM.

Just played another season, and I cannot begin to tell you how much it sucks to hit continue for trade deadline day, then all of a sudden have 50 new messages including good players going on the block, and get traded for without giving the player GM a chance to react. Right now it is just a frenzy that only the AI is allowed to participate in.

Some suggestions:

- Slow simming to hourly on trade deadline day.

- Add a "deadline hub" interface with a live trade block, waiver wire, team needs, rumours, etc.

- Give the player an option to bypass the deadline if they wish.

Excellent suggestion!

I'd like to see contract negotiations improved, starting from the very simple change of allowing us always to alter the term of the contract. I was just trying to hire a couple of assistant coaches, but for some reason the length was locked at the 6 years they asked for. Why couldn't I offer them 3? 4? 5?

It would be good in the KHL to ask players with dual nationality to renounce to the "other" national team so that he won't be a foreigner. Eg I just signed a dual nationality Russia/Kazakhstan. Now, I'm scared that the Kazakhs will call him for the national team and he'll be a foreigner for me. It would be good to ask him to renounce to play for the Kazakh national team... ideally even before he signs.

I wish that we could go back to the old fast forward game speed. Ever since the new update came out the speed has been noticeably (and frustratingly) slower. I don't know if it's a bug or an intended feature but I would like the change reverted sooner than later haha.

Increase the game speed to how it was in early access.

Ability to start as a NT manager as well as a club manager at the start.

Also, any chance of being able to increase the leagues? I'm aware the EIHL has only 10 teams but it would be so much more fun if we had the option to add 10 extra teams in to make it a proper sized league. Not sure how that would work with fixtures though.

If we can't have the CHL/Conti Cup could we just have a competition where the champions of each league compete for a nice shiny trophy/bit of prize money.

I would like to see a rising salary cap. With the cap locked at $71.4m all teams have salary issues in a couple of seasons. In 1 savegame I was in the 2021/2022 season and stars like Seguin and Stamkos get signed in februari to 1,5 year $3m per year deals. The UFA market is flooded every year with star/superb players, and some star players even sit out a complete season as FA.

I think the problem is more with how bad the AI is with managing a team with a salary cap and how the AI can't seem to plan ahead for anything such as free agent signings or current players that will be demanding much larger contracts when they re-sign. In real life, players' salary demands will increase with the salary cap so having a fixed salary cap is not the cause of the AI's salary cap issues in the game.

I think the problem is more with how bad the AI is with managing a team with a salary cap and how the AI can't seem to plan ahead for anything such as free agent signings or current players that will be demanding much larger contracts when they re-sign. In real life, players' salary demands will increase with the salary cap so having a fixed salary cap is not the cause of the AI's salary cap issues in the game.

Well, I tried a game with a $73 million cap and it looked better. No star players sitting out seasons, but they signed short term deals in july. I think in real life, agents base the contract demands on a rising cap. If the in-game demands are based on irl demands, contracts get overpayed for this cap. And not because the AI is bad.

I struggle a bit with the tactics side and I don't really have time to mess about with it too much. I usually just use one set of tactics and don't get into the unit tactics. Could be a nice option to still be able to select a pre-set for each line such as scoring line or checking line.

Also similar to how football manager lets you select preset roles I'd like the same for Eastside. Sniper, grinder, two-way, power forward etc for forwards. Stay at home, two-way, offensive for d-men. Enforcer for your fighter.

I struggle a bit with the tactics side and I don't really have time to mess about with it too much. I usually just use one set of tactics and don't get into the unit tactics. Could be a nice option to still be able to select a pre-set for each line such as scoring line or checking line.

Also similar to how football manager lets you select preset roles I'd like the same for Eastside. Sniper, grinder, two-way, power forward etc for forwards. Stay at home, two-way, offensive for d-men. Enforcer for your fighter.

I second this.

not so important, but I'd want a better looking tactics-screen, preferably with numbered jerseys instead of player names (like Football Manager). Would make for quicker and easier management. Also the ability to move whole lines up/down

• 2 weeks later...

Handling tactics for defensive pairs and offensive lines separately would be nice. Like being able to match my top defenses AND 3rd line against the opposing 1st line.

I use the player report a lot (the one with A+ to E ratings) i'd like to be able to access it more easily. Even having it as a view option on the roster list. I'd also like to use it when searching for players.

Scouting is a bit tedious and complicated right now. Although I have spent a lot of scouting "cycles" on NHL players I still don't have a scout's opinion on every players in the league.

More interaction with medias and players would also be nice. Like being able to congratulate a player for a great game or winning an individual award.