EHM Wishlist thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UI - anytime you click on a player name, it brings up their profile.

- when you hover over the attributes of a player, it gives a brief description of what that attribute is ie: acceleration - How quickly your player reaches top speed.. etc. etc.

I would really like to have the option to choose when player contracts start, like at the beginning of next season or whatever.

So tired of having the player rights expire before july first, so if you try to sign young prospects before that date, they effectively only get a 2 year first contract.

edit: maybe its been fixed?

this may be too heady, but it'd be cool if the terminology changes to reflect the choice in currency. British pounds makes use of the term 'fixtures', 'topping the table', etc. I think that for most players who want their local terminology, it makes things understandable, but for us hardcore players, we get to experience the differences when we manage around the world. Makes things feel different without really being different. The eurozone puts a hole in that specific idea though. Maybe like Euro-Finland, Euro-Slovakia, etc.

I wish the scouts would submit their rank lists at the amateur draft.

If a scout has 7- 5star prospects, he still has an opinion as to which one is best. Rather than rank them alphabetically, if it would actually put the his favorite prospect on top of the list.

Also, an ability to see, sort and compare the "report cards" so that you do not have to open each and every player. It get's teadious in round 7!

Resolution stuff

-Being able to play in windows mode if my resolution height is equal to 768 pixels.

-Windows Touch support.

-Widescreen

Decline all

Some way to decline all offers at once. I often Offer All a player just to test his current value.

Then I have to go through them one by one.. just to decline them all... (do this often, and it's a recipe for tendinitis, lol!)

Have a list of players you are uninterested in

Some way to "block" a player. I noticed teams will always offer the same player on multiple deals and there is no way to tell them you absolutely don't want that player.

Just like you can block a certain player from a potential deal (when exchanging offers with the CPU), it would be nice to also be able to completely block that player from all future deals.

Chat to player (from player menu)

Things you could say or ask to the payer:

-Congratulating him on his good performance or attitude lately (Kinda have the reverse effect of Discipline player.)

-Encouraging him to work harder. He is an important piece of the team. (or team future) **In some case it could help the development or preparation during the summer camp.. or it could just discourage the player and make him unhappy

-Asking him, what he thinks of the team. (Wouldn't it be nice to ask your captain, what he thinks of the locker room atmosphere? Or what he thinks are the missing piece to becoming a better team?)

-Asking the player to raise his NTC. (Instead of discipline him...) The player could simply refuse, or he could give you a list of team (or only 1 team like Martin St. Louis said he would only raise his NTC to go to the Rangers...)

Player chat to you (in newsfeed)

Occasionally, some player could come up to you (without you starting the interaction with them)

-Player could complain about head coach, practice schedule, ice time, being benched or certain players

-Player could ask for a trade, if he's really unhappy

Better Captaincy management and effects

-Players could dislike current captain (if influence is too low?)

-Current captain would react badly (unhappy) if you remove the "C" from them.

-Ability to ask your coach, who he thinks should be the captain?

Basically, switching your captain too often, should have a negative effect on your team.

Selecting a bad captain, should also have a bad effect.

Assistant GM should give you recommendations on which players you should pursue or call up.

Team report should tell you where the team is struggling, whether they're struggling offensively or defensively. If the PK is doing badly or the PP is doing badly.

I like the Press Conferences from FM15, so maybe there should be a variant of it for after the draft or signing of a player to a major deal.

Ex: GM you drafted XYZ in the first while most projected him to be a second rounder, whats your reasoning behind that move?

A player's potential should have a 1-10 ranking. The positional rankings are good but it'd help when making decisions.

There should be a very slight chance of an average-above average player showing up at your open training camp. Not like there's always a good player showing up yearly, but like an Undrafted College player shows up.

Why not something like on www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections/ ?

It combines the Traditional Realistic Potential Rating (1-10) and the Realistic Probability Rating (A-F)

1) Better Fantasy mode. The ability to set up a fantasy league with a customized structure and include lower tier leagues as needed (CHL, Euro leagues etc) and to be able to choose you start year (ie start in 1922 with no league history, using historical rules and financials)

2) A League Expansion Wizard/Structure editor ... the ability to grow or contract your league either manually or through random events (optional). The ability to manually or automatically (optional) relocate teams.

3) When using fictionalized names, the ability to also clear team records

4) Better screen resolutions for modern machines

that's it for now, I'm sure I'll think of more as I get immersed in the game again.

I would like some control over the development of my prospects who are not with my NHL team. Something like player x should work on skating or shooting or whatever.

Probably shouldn't reply here ... but I have a work around for that in a non-online league ... add a human GM to your farm team and take control of it

I would like to be able to assign scouts permanently to previously only temporary assignments like the draft. I send the same guys every year, and keep them on it all year anyway, so it just ends up being routine busy work.

Yes please!!! This has been on my wish list since the original!

I have a few interface requests. I'd love a scout/assistant report pages that looks like the on in the FM games, with a current and potential rating instead of having to go to the drop down menu every time I want a second opinion on my players.

I'd also love the ability to see my results like in FM, with the green/red circle denoting wins/losses and the option to right click players on my roster menu, again like on FM. A general tidying up of the whole interface to make it work more like recent FMs, really. I guess I just really like FM's interface after all these years of improvement so at the moment playing EHM is like playing an old Championship Manager game interface wise.

Also I'd love to play the British League as soon as possible.

Do the attributes still turn green to show progression and red to show decline in training? If not, add that please! I think it was in EHM 07? After playing, I didn't see the attributes turn green or red.

I've mentioned this before and i will continue to until they actually put it into the game but we need Wild Card Standings in the NHL. It makes it so much easier to comprehend the playoff races. Not to mention it's a lot more visually pleasing to the eyes. I can't be the only one that wants this. Speak up boys so we can get this in there :)

Besides mac version :p

U.S. Collegiate... if you need help with ideas on some of the mechanics... I don't know... I have a doctoral degree in Statistics so I'm good with math. I know that's a stumbling block all around as the amateur/collegiate side operates as a very different animal.

I look forward to poking around the game as soon as I can get my windows machine working again... lazy lazy lazy...

- NHL teams should be able to loan out their newly signed prospects to their former team (for example some Europeans signing an NHL deal are getting loaned out and stays in the same team, though they have an NHL contract.

- Teams should be able to loan out players in different countries (for example if a Swedish team has a Finnish player, they should be able to loan out the player to a Finnish club and not just Swedish clubs)

I'd like to see college and HS hockey handled properly. It's a bit disheartening to see NCAA have teams filled with 22+-year-olds, and high school teams similarly have improperly aged players.

I agree with some of this. I'm not even saying the NCAA has to be playable at this time, but it would be great if teams at least brought in new players properly and they could only stay for 4 years. However, there are many players over the age of 22 in NCAA. Most players do not come in at age 18 unless they are really good. They usually play 1-3 years in juniors before going to college (USHL, NAHL, BCHL, etc.).

Also, it should all be one big league with the conferences as subsets of it. The stats and scouting are affected because of this. There are plenty of other things that could be done to make it more realistic, but I think you have to just start with the basics for now.

As for high school, I think it would be a matter of limiting the max age for players (18) and having the game generate new players at a freshman age (14-15). Of course this should also be limited to a 4 year max "contract". I know most of these high school teams were user-added to the database, so maybe that's a problem? In any case, the creation of new players is crucial to having NCAA in the game properly because they need plenty of players to recruit every year.

I have expressed an interest in attempting to update the NCAA rosters, but I'm not going to go through the trouble until the league structure is in better shape. Nearly a third of all NHL players come from the NCAA, so it's about time that it is represented properly.

Not sure if any of these have been posted but I would love to see;

- The British Elite League and English Premier League back in the game.

- All teams from all the World Championship Divisions from Div III all the way to the Championships with all teams playable.

- Auto-Gen players if a national roster doesn't have enough players.

- Ability to be able to turn financial rules off before a game so you can have a proper save and a 'fantasy' save.

- 3D Match Engine.

- Ability to replace current teams with custom/classic teams. For example I may want to replace Buffalo with Quebec City.

Would be nice to see more fanfare around championships and awards. Aesthetic, but certainly helps immersion.

Fans are pretty fickle. I stole Drew Doughty from cap-strapped LA. After confirmation, I received three news items. Two stated that the fans and the board were upset with the trade, accusing me of poor asset management. The third was the fans being excited about the acquisition of Drew Doughty.

My reaction: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2589361/wuhwhat_medium.gif

Los Angeles acquires

Callum Booth: 21 years old, goalie prospect. Highly rated, but surplus to my needs after acquiring Olle Eriksson Ek

Samuel Morin: 23 year old stay at home defender, with room to grow.

Michael Parks: 26 year old right winger, scored 15 goals and 17 assists in 59 games the previous season.

Philadelphia acquires

Drew Doughty: 29 years old star defender

Los Angeles' 2019 second round draft pick

Any sort of Roster Editing feature / Team / League editing feature embedded in the game would make a great addition.

Also having shootout scores on the 3D view, or being able to select boxscore as default view again would be excellent and greatly appreciated.

A real 1920x1080 would be pretty nice and I also would like to play in EBEL (Austrian League) but not in the way as it is as a non-playable-league in the game now, because there are just the Austrian teams included and not Znojmo, Fehervar, Bozen and Ljubljana. I also would like to see INL in the correct form, but it doesn't have to be playable, but would be nice.

Champions Hockey League would be great, as well. But in my opinion that's not as important, because to have a good CHL in EHM you would need all leagues, which could send teams to the tournament.

I also would like to see the non-playable-leagues simulated, so that there are standings and similiar stuff. If it's already in the game, then I apologize.

Another great thing would be a owner or gm mode, where you can move the franchise for example from Buffalo to Little Rock, or where you can build your stadium in an editor, or where you can be try to get admitted in EBEL or KHL in Europe, or even try to reach an expansion in NHL.

If you would realize a gm/owner-mode, then you also should be able to create a completly new franchise, at least this is my opinion.

But I love the game as it is right now too! I mean, it's early access so, there's enough time :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to quick sort player ratings after a game? I'd like to be able to quickly view who had a good game and who had a bad one without having to sift through the list player-by-player.

Not sure if it´s been mentioned, but in the old EHM 07 the AHL-Teams signed way too many Veterans or depth players instead of playing players with an NHL-Deal from the parent club. It should be a good mix, but sometimes it was pretty much lopsided. Some prospects had season with not a lot of games (sometimes zero games) and then went on to rip the AHL apart in the next season.

Haven´t had the time to play NHL:EA so far, so it might be fixed already.

Better stats for free agency - at the moment all the stats go blank as soon as July 1st(?) passes, so any time you're not sure about a FA you have to go into their history, gets pretty annoying when you're looking at a large number of them.

An indicator of how well a line is gelling, and whether players are having good chemistry would be nice

when requesting a coach's opinion on a player they could mention whether they're playing well and deserve promotion up the lineup or whether they're struggling, also random news items that say things like coach X says that the 2nd line's play has grown a little stale and could use shaking up. Player X has been playing well on the 3rd line and deserves a shot at injecting some energy further up the lineup.

set a time on ice and goalie rotation that your HC automatically tries to stick to.

line management screen that allows you to see the suggested players for each role, for instance when you're looking at PP1 and selecting players it could have "HC's suggested lineup" below.

When scouting your own team it could also incorporate a lot of the above; which lines are working well, players who are struggling and should be sent down the lineup/to the AHL as well as the opposite.

Better indication on the best way to manage prospects would be good as well, whether a guy is NHL ready, should be in juniors or the AHL.

Slightly nit picky but at the moment the top 5 draft picks are all years away from playing for my team (e.g. McDavid, Eichel and Hannifin), seems pretty unrealistic, each draft year has at least a few players that take the next step straight away.

Also the ability to set an asking price for a player - e.g. a news item that says "player X seems to be available from his GM, with the asking price reported to be a 2nd round pick or a top 6 forward". The replies given when offered to all have improved, but at the moment seem to be only influenced by team needs set beforehand

Additional thing I just thought of:

A bigger deal needs to be made when you make a decent player a healthy scratch, a player could maybe ask you why he got scratched with replies varying from "we had to give someone else a shot at the team they've been outplaying you" to "your on ice performance hasn't been good enough to earn your jersey". If a really good player gets scratched a number of times in a season it could potentially become a news item and even effect his trade value. This definitely happens in real life so would be a good addition IMO.

News articles about players doing really well in the minors would be cool as well, with you being asked to comment on them, with one option being something like "We're keeping a close eye on him, he's closer to getting a shot in the big leagues" - which would have a positive effect on his moral - unless he doesn't get called up after say two weeks at which point they think you were lying so the relationship sours.

I'd find it interesting for players to occasionally get asked to comment on the organisation/your performance/ specific trades or signings, potentially slating you or standing by you, but for this I'd really like the fans reactions to trades optimised, the amount of times I've traded 8 rubbish picks and players for the 1st overall and got the fans and board raging at me is ridiculous, it real like that would be an epic win for me.

A news story on the best and work deals of the trade deadline, draft and free agency would be cool as well - maybe ranking each team and giving them a grade like some blogs and websites do.

Can we have EBEL league next please?

I think they should wait with EBEL league until they can, because there will be some changes within number of teams for next season. Most probably Medvescak will return to EBEL from KHL, but it will be offical after WC in Prague.

I really like the way the final transfer day is handled in FM, and I think deadline day in EHM could work the same (ie. the option to participate, and the longer sim day)

I would like to second this. In Canada anyways, the NHL trade deadline and opening day of free agency are major events with non-stop coverage from the two major sport networks. The game should be able to properly represent what actually happens on these days, with 20+ trades happening over a few hours.

I would also love to see a more useful Assistant GM in trade discussions. Instead of just saying "This greatly favours us" or "This favours us slightly", provide better feedback. Something like "This trade greatly favours us. I don't think team X will make this trade, but if we included Player Y, they might be willing to listen." The assistant GM should do more than just state the obvious.