EHM Wishlist thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see defensive d-men able to garner higher ratings. Currently I find they seem to always average below 7 even if seemingly playing well.

That same question has been asked ever since the first version of EHM. There was a reply from one of the developers back then (around 2004) that the average rating that the players got was tied in to what salary they requested for their new contracts.

If this is still the case (and it could well be) then that is a valid reason for the lower rating for defensive players as they usually command very much lower salaries in real life. It would take a total revamp to the entire salary system and keep separate ratings for that part in order to allow higher ratings for defensive players. Some sort of "player role" system would be welcome and could perhaps be used to introduce weighted ratings without screwing up salary requests.

There was a reply from one of the developers back then (around 2004) that the average rating that the players got was tied in to what salary they requested for their new contracts.
Interesting...I've never heard this before
Some sort of "player role" system would be welcome and could perhaps be used to introduce weighted ratings without screwing up salary requests.
There is a Player Role system in the new EHM! There are 47 different Player Roles in the new EHM!

For example, there are three different types of "defensive defensemen" (d_def, d_def_finesse and d_def_physical) and six types of "defensive forward" (c_def, c_def_finesse and c_def_physical & w_def, w_def_finesse and w_def_physical).

By CA the "top talent level" is certainly lower, as a 170-200 CA is the elite range and in TBL 8.2 there's only one defensive D above a 150 CA (156) and only 4 defensive forwards above a 150 CA (top 160)

Interesting...I've never heard this before

If I remember correctly it was an answer saying that it wasn't possible to just shift the positive figures up for defensive "acts" during the game (shot blocking, takeaways etc.) as a higher average "game score" would then cause the player to demand a higher salary and that would unbalance the salary requirements for the different type of players.

I know there are player roles in EHM but those are reactive (the game decides the role based on what attributes the player has). I was thinking of a proactive system. - I tell the players how to play and the game score takes that instruction into account for morale/display but uses the unmodified value for salary demands.

I was thinking of a proactive system. - I tell the players how to play and the game score takes that instruction into account for morale/display but uses the unmodified value for salary demands.
You telling the players how to play sounds like tactics (in particular personal tactics) to me; I agree that it'd be nice if the game took into account how the player performed at the assigned tasks when determining the AvR.....in regards to morale, isn't that already in the game? an offensive player potentially unhappy when told to play defensive?....I'm not sure it'd be good to use in connection with salary demands [for example, a sniper with high Attributes who was asked/told via tactics to play defensive might have a poorer AvR (because he wasn't fulfilling the "role" given him via personal tactics) but I don't think that would/should necessarily lower his contract demands]

Like many I too would like a defensive player who played a good game to have a 7.0 or greater for his AvR (I too think that further tweaking is needed in this area to better recognize the efforts of defensive players)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont know if was posted already by anyway :

I would like to assign a position to a player, this way, even though i do my like with the help of the assisting coach, it would automaticly put my player in the position i've choosed.

Example : i've Player A and i wish to play him on the 2ND LINE RW, and the 2ND PWP RW. At the moment the computer always put him on the 3RD RW LINE and no PWP. So if could state that he should be on the 2nd line and the pwp, i would not have to manually edit the lineup.

I'm not sure if it's already been suggested, but I'd love to get mail alerts saying when players in the league you're GMing in retire. I don't really know of any other way to see when players retire.

On a similar note, I love hiring ex-players to my coaching staff, but it's really hard to have to sort through all available staff to find players who have just retired and are now staff. The mail alerts would be nice since you can check if they're now a staff player by clicking their name (as you would do on the Hall-Of-Fame page), but it would also be nice to have a filter just displaying ex-players (although I don't know how necessary it would be with the mail alerts).

Espoo/Jukurit/Beijing will be in once the game will start in 2016.

Not sure about Vegas since it'll be from 2017

Good to know, thanks a lot. Would be intresting to play whit Beijing.

I'd like to see more improvements down to the match screen. There's such a lot of free space not being used up and the text at the bottom of the screen (not the commentary) showing the lines, goal scorers is too small on hi-res screens. There's just such a lot of space. I'd like to see up pop up boxes like FM which we can open up alongside the rink view.

Also, I'd like to see live PP stats popup during powerplays showing the player(s) in the box, reason for penalty, and shots taken.

I generally find it quite hard to keep up with everything, following what's happening on the ice, who's in the box and why, player ratings, stats etc.

The ability to lock up players to long term 7-8 year deals with a more realistic AAV cap hit deal. Yes star players want to get paid. But they also want to win and rarely leave their team empty. Right now the only way to lock up your franchise players is to pay them 15mil a year and even that usually only gets you 6 years. I am sick of having to renegotiate a contract with my franchise players every 3 or 4 years. That is not very realistic at all. Let me sign him to an 8 year deal and be done with it. Look no further than Stamkos and Hedmen who both signed 8 year deals in the 8Mil range because they wanted to be in Tampa, wanted to get paid, but also want to win.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Haven't had time to play this game in quite some time but plan on starting soon since the longing for hockey always grows in the summer!
I had some feedback from last time I played, maybe some things are fixed or changed now but I'll paste it here because I'm sure not all of it is fixed=)

-The "Affiliate update" is unclear, what does it mean when they say Troy Bourke could play top line minutes now, in the AHL or NHL? Could if we let him? And Calvin Pickard would be a starting goaltender? Would be if he was a little better? Again, NHL or AHL? Maybe the update could be a little more useful.
-I want to be able to scout free agents and players becoming free agents, more of a focus than a filter afterwards.
-I'd like the calendar to be more helpful, Important dates such as start of free agency, draft day, training camp etc. Maybe even put in own reminders.
-I know some people are against it but I would still argue for an inflation system of the salaries. Because that's the way it is in the real world, the salary cap rises, most years (even if you don't know with how much). And also because a lot of contracts today doesn't make sense if the salary cap is the same each year.
-New NHL OT rules (3 on 3)
-Set scouts to scout own training camp
-Be able to arrange own Rookie camp
-Las Vegas! That's one of the most exciting things for managers in the NHL right now. I want to take the upcoming expansion draft into consideration when managing my team! And maybe even start in the 2017-2018 season as the manager of Las Vegas "Trumps"!

Thanks for a great effort!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if something similar has been posted yet, but the European salaries in the game are rather unrealistic.

I'd love to manage a team in the Finnish top league, but player salaries in European leagues seem to be way too low across the board. As a result, it's too easy for even the smallest top-level clubs to sign free agents who can become star players in the league.

In the Finnish league the average salary for a player seems to be somewhere around 50 000 euros a year (about 56k dollars) and even the best players earn less than 100k a year.

As far as I know, players in the Finnish SM-liiga earn about 80k euros a year on average (mean). The median is around 60k €, high-profile players earn about 150-250k a year and the very best players in the league land at around 300k a year. I believe the figures are pretty similar, probably slightly higher, in Switzerland and Sweden.

I would like to see the European financial figures fixed to something more realistic, as right now it's way too easy to compete for star players in the market even with a relatively small club.

1. Invest in fixing the online experience. People will always find ways to beat the AI. And when they do, they will be bored. They'll never get bored of trying to beat 25-29 other competent human GMs.
  2. Fix signings. Euro UFA signings shouldn't flood the North American market in the middle of the playoffs.
  3. Fix the backup goaltending issues. If you're simming, you should be able to set how much your backup plays. If you're simming and your starter gets hurt, your AGM should not place your AHLer in net over your backup..

Ways to fix online gaming

1. Make it easier and less time consuming to launch the game. You shouldn't need to sign in all 30 gms to launch the game.
  2. Make the game stable with 10 or more players in the game at once. Right now, even 5-6 guys makes the game act up and sometimes crash.
  3. Allow guest players to download reports/tactics etc to their computer, not the host computer.

• SI Staff

The next update has been in the works for a while now but obviously this being the busy time of year with regards to FM development, the progress on EHM has been a bit slower than usual. But there is another update in the pipeline and the work on an editor also continues. So keep the suggestions coming, thanks !

15 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

The next update has been in the works for a while now but obviously this being the busy time of year with regards to FM development, the progress on EHM has been a bit slower than usual. But there is another update in the pipeline and the work on an editor also continues. So keep the suggestions coming, thanks !

Can't wait for the editor. :D

On 13.9.2016 at 22:24, rooneymagic88 said:

Miles tweeted yesterday that there are no plans for future versions of EHM which leaves the future uncertain.

Very sorry to hear that :( Please reconsider, Miles.

I'm sure there is a marked for this game, with an updated UI.

On 9/14/2016 at 09:00, Riz Remes said:

Cool feature would be NHL alumni for every euro/ncaa/major junior team, because sometimes is hard to keep the track of how many of players that started their careers on my team played in NHL (I am in 2040 in Sweden SHL) :)

And also for every team club icons or club legends, like in FM

Would be nice if we can see small changes in loan screen. Adding filter to league and country will save time of scrolling down and we will get more teams to loan players. I'm also still waiting for red/green arrows visualisation to see player development in player attribute screen.

Hopefully the editor will have a changeable start date - sad to see there are no future plans for update. 

I wonder how far short sales for the game were for their target - presumably they'd have had a target in mind which would've increased likelihood of releasing another game. 

4 hours ago, Colorado said:

Hopefully the editor will have a changeable start date - sad to see there are no future plans for update. 

I wonder how far short sales for the game were for their target - presumably they'd have had a target in mind which would've increased likelihood of releasing another game. 

I dont know how accurate it is, but on steamspy few days ago I saw over 100.000 copies...

• 2 weeks later...

From the Riz on the HFBoards:

EHM numbers on SteamSpy were around 30-40k before the HumbleBundle deal where a lot of people then got it basically as a freebie as a part of a package of games. So those numbers can be a bit misleading.

And yes, the plans was always to get EHM back on Steam to allow us to work on it even as a side-project after the initial release with future versions something that we can look into depending on how it all goes etc.

As for the lack of updates lately, I've been quite busy with the FM release cycle this year so not a lot of time to put into EHM in the office hours. I'd like to do more EHM stuff "off-the-clock" but having our first-born daughter join the family this year has taken the front seat on the allocation of my spare time :)

And like it was posted above in the thread, there is a very good 3rd party editor in the works on TBL and I'm also working on a built-in editor for EHM itself and that work has been ongoing since before we went into Early Access originally. It's just a  complex project that takes time, since all the playable leagues can nowadays be setup via the database.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=122695899#post122695899

Edited by Archibalduk

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see KHL refined a lot. A lot of small things that bug me when trying to play KHL as Jokerit (my irl home team).
Not being able to buy Finnish juniors (Jokerit don't activate Foreign offer release clause. Maybe a KHL release clause would be better?)
Not being able to offer contracts to players drafted by NHL-teams (Drafted, not signed. Why should KHL respect NHL rights when NHL doesn't give a darn about KHL rights?)
An actual KHL draft. 
Addition of MHL and VHL as playable leagues.

Not everyone wants to play NHL in EHM, and getting a less-than-realistic experience really drags the game down for me.

12 hours ago, DonTirri said:

I'd love to see KHL refined a lot. A lot of small things that bug me when trying to play KHL as Jokerit (my irl home team).
Not being able to buy Finnish juniors (Jokerit don't activate Foreign offer release clause. Maybe a KHL release clause would be better?)
Not being able to offer contracts to players drafted by NHL-teams (Drafted, not signed. Why should KHL respect NHL rights when NHL doesn't give a darn about KHL rights?)
An actual KHL draft. 
Addition of MHL and VHL as playable leagues.

Not everyone wants to play NHL in EHM, and getting a less-than-realistic experience really drags the game down for me.

You posted this on TBL and didn't reply to my questions, so I'll try asking you here (or maybe someone else knows the answers).....

Wasn't the 2016 Draft the last KHL Draft? http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/khl-abolish-junior-draft-recruitment-struggles/

Aren't the players coming over to NA to play junior hockey in hopes of getting drafted by an NHL team? i.e. it's the players that don't give a darn about KHL rights
My understanding is NHL Draft rights only last two years; are there any examples of IRL NHL draftees choosing to play in the KHL when the NHL team still has rights?

With the editors being worked on (by Riz and by Archi) in the future you'll likely be able to make what you want to happen actually happen :-) but if it doesn't happen IRL, it seems to me it's more something to expect to be done with an Editor and not in the default game

And again, as I said on TBL, it's a "Wish List" so I certainly don't begrudge anyone asking for something!

Edited by Nino-33

8 hours ago, Nino-33 said:

You posted this on TBL and didn't reply to my questions, so I'll try asking you here (or maybe someone else knows the answers).....

Wasn't the 2016 Draft the last KHL Draft? http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/khl-abolish-junior-draft-recruitment-struggles/

Aren't the players coming over to NA to play junior hockey in hopes of getting drafted by an NHL team? i.e. it's the players that don't give a darn about KHL rights
My understanding is NHL Draft rights only last two years; are there any examples of IRL NHL draftees choosing to play in the KHL when the NHL team still has rights?

With the editors being worked on (by Riz and by Archi) in the future you'll likely be able to make what you want to happen actually happen :-) but if it doesn't happen IRL, it seems to me it's more something to expect to be done with an Editor and not in the default game

And again, as I said on TBL, it's a "Wish List" so I certainly don't begrudge anyone asking for something!

The reason why the lack of KHL draft in the game bugs me is because the rest of the infrastructure is there. KHL rights and reserve list being the most obvious. And since the default database starts at the 2015-2016 season, having a KHL draft WOULD be realistic. Of course if SI wants to wait and see what the new proposed system is going to be like before adding it, I understand. Having the option for a KHL draft would still be appreciated.

And I understand the argument you make, but I just find it irritating that I can't even make offers to drafted players who've moved to the NA juniors. Infact you can't make offers to anyone who play in the NA juniors, drafted or not. Sure, they probably won't sign with me even if I make an offer, but not even being able to offer is quite limiting.

4 hours ago, DonTirri said:

I understand the argument you make, but I just find it irritating that I can't even make offers to drafted players who've moved to the NA juniors. Infact you can't make offers to anyone who play in the NA juniors, drafted or not. Sure, they probably won't sign with me even if I make an offer, but not even being able to offer is quite limiting.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying (by not giving an example of it ever happening) that what you're asking for has never happened before.....that seems "realistic" to me and not "limiting" (I suspect that Riz/SI would get complaints if what you asked for happened by default, as far more people play the NA Leagues than the KHL and they likely wouldn't like losing players in a way that doesn't apparently ever happen in real life)

But editors are being worked on! So I suspect you'll be able to make this rule change yourself in the future :)

On 2/11/2016 at 14:27, Nino-33 said:

If I understand you correctly, you're saying (by not giving an example of it ever happening) that what you're asking for has never happened before.....that seems "realistic" to me and not "limiting" (I suspect that Riz/SI would get complaints if what you asked for happened by default, as far more people play the NA Leagues than the KHL and they likely wouldn't like losing players in a way that doesn't apparently ever happen in real life)

Well, I agree with DonTirri. Most of the players whose rights are owned by KHL team mention in interviews that they were actually offered contracts by their respective KHL teams. It's true that at least for higher-caliber players usually such offers are rejected, but I also think, why shouldn't we get the chance to do so...?

And having VHL and MHL playable I think it's a must. It's kind of frustrating to work your arse to develop a good pipeline of prospects and send them to dummy leagues without a true impact on their development.

Btw, DonTirri, what happens with Finn juniors? With Russian clubs I can buy Russian juniors (well at least I can make offers, it's hard to buy good players, but it's just the way it should be).

1 hour ago, kidhander1983 said:

why shouldn't we get the chance to do so...?

Because it's a simulation of the IRL hockey world, and not a fantasy world, and as far as I can tell based on the complete lack of examples of what's being asked for ever actually having happened (or likely to happen) it's something that shouldn't be part of the default simulation

2 hours ago, Nino-33 said:

Because it's a simulation of the IRL hockey world, and not a fantasy world, and as far as I can tell based on the complete lack of examples of what's being asked for ever actually having happened (or likely to happen) it's something that shouldn't be part of the default simulation

??

Maybe I wasn't clear. Watch these interviews. The title is enough: http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/news/702112/ 

ИВАН БАРБАШЕВ: "ДИНАМО" ПРЕДЛАГАЛО КОНТРАКТ, НО ХОЧУ ИГРАТЬ В НХЛ" - Ivan Barbashev: Dynamo (Moscow) offered me a contract, but I want to play in the NHL

http://nhl-news.ru/khl-barbashev-otkazalsya-vernutsya-v-dinamo-iz-ahl «Динамо» предлагало контракт нападающему Ивану Барбашеву, который выступает в АХЛ за фарм-клуб «Сент-Луиса». - Dynamo (Moscow) offered a contract to forward Ivan Barbashev, who plays in the AHL for St. Louis' farm team

1 hour ago, kidhander1983 said:

??

Maybe I wasn't clear. Watch these interviews. The title is enough: http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/nhl/news/702112/ 

ИВАН БАРБАШЕВ: "ДИНАМО" ПРЕДЛАГАЛО КОНТРАКТ, НО ХОЧУ ИГРАТЬ В НХЛ" - Ivan Barbashev: Dynamo (Moscow) offered me a contract, but I want to play in the NHL

http://nhl-news.ru/khl-barbashev-otkazalsya-vernutsya-v-dinamo-iz-ahl «Динамо» предлагало контракт нападающему Ивану Барбашеву, который выступает в АХЛ за фарм-клуб «Сент-Луиса». - Dynamo (Moscow) offered a contract to forward Ivan Barbashev, who plays in the AHL for St. Louis' farm team

So in EHM a player that's been drafted by an NHL team and a KHL team can't be signed by the KHL team? I realize there's no KHL Draft ingame, but still...are you sure it's not a database error, because you didn't give Rights to the KHL team in the database? Because I just checked TBL 8.2 and Ivan Barbashev has no KHL Rights assisgned (I would have thought you would have given KHL Rights to KHL draftees)

18 minutes ago, Nino-33 said:

So in EHM a player that's been drafted by an NHL team and a KHL team can't be signed by the KHL team? I realize there's no KHL Draft ingame, but still...are you sure it's not a database error, because you didn't give Rights to the KHL team in the database? Because I just checked TBL 8.2 and Ivan Barbashev has no KHL Rights assisgned (I would have thought you would have given KHL Rights to KHL draftees)

Complete KHL rights information will be in next release. Unfortunately I didn't have time back then. I'm not even done, by the way, but I think I will on time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently on 10th or 11th season with the Rangers and what a journey it has been. I am now reaping the benefits of the very first players I drafted in the 2016 draft who are among the very best NHL players in 2026 and it's such a wonderful feeling to see your 2nd round pick from 2016 grow into an NHL superstar.

Anyway - the game does become a little easy over time even if I'm not a tactics genius. I have identified two issued/wishes:

1. Trading AI - This is obviously very, very hard, but AI teams should value their picks (especially future picks) higher than they do. They seem to throw 2nd and 3rd rounders after me all the time.

2. Visibility of potential - When you reach 2018/19 and onwards it becomes increasingly difficult for both the player the AI to identify the very best draft picks. The draft ranking is very poor in hindsight and it means that come 2020 it almost doesn't matter if you pick 1st overall or 20th overall. The PA value perhaps needs to be less hidden, if you follow what I mean. The draft rankings should be a lot more predictable and the AI teams should be following the ranking more when using their high picks.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

Jersey retirements are already in the game. They happen automatically but are rare though.

I mean change to choise yourself in GM what number are freeze and when. Example Oulun Kärpät and when Lasse Kukkonen retires, it would be nice if I can freeze Kukkonen's number 5 in Oulun Kärpät.

I think that manual jersey retirements is better system than automatic.

On 12/16/2016 at 09:18, Riz Remes said:

Typically not something the manager himself gets to decide in real life, but he might have a say in suggesting it. I'll add it to the long term wishlist.

Okay. Thanks you! How about International friendly match, it is coming? I would be nice when you can play friendly match with your NT. Example only Lithuanian international games is World Championship and Olympic Games if you're lucky.