Injuries? Yes, fix needed

Yes AI teams struggling too. I think 1 or 2 players injured in each game.

Have a look at the injury table. That should show you. :thup:

This. I'm sure that injuries can be prevented with clever use of tactics, but for us non FM experts it has become unplayable.

If you have issues, either upload the save and post in the bugs forum as asked or create a thread in the tactics forum and detail what you do in training and with players lacking match fitness.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injuries have been well documented elsewhere on these forums. Try managing your training differently, not playing an intensive pressing/aggressive tackling game until your players are match fit.

I found several players were getting injured during preseason when they were unfit but once they were both in good condition and match fit the injuries have thus far reduced considerably.

Injuries are absolutely crippling my save with Aston Villa..

Usually when I am winning a game comfortably i look for those with the lowest fitness levels to replace them so in my latest game with Stoke I was 3-0 and replaced the three players with the lowest energy levels between the 70-80th minutes.

In the final 10 minutes of the game I got three injuries resulting me to finish the game with 8 men!

The thing is - this isnt the first time it has happened.

I have constantly picked up injuries since this game started and non of my training levels are set to high!

Injuries are never anything minor either - they always seem to be longer than a month!

I get injuries are part of football but this is just silly!

Injuries are absolutely crippling my save with Aston Villa..

Usually when I am winning a game comfortably i look for those with the lowest fitness levels to replace them so in my latest game with Stoke I was 3-0 and replaced the three players with the lowest energy levels between the 70-80th minutes.

In the final 10 minutes of the game I got three injuries resulting me to finish the game with 8 men!

The thing is - this isnt the first time it has happened.

I have constantly picked up injuries since this game started and non of my training levels are set to high!

Injuries are never anything minor either - they always seem to be longer than a month!

I get injuries are part of football but this is just silly!

Well, what are your training settings exactly?

How many do you have out injured on average or even right now?

The match with 3 injuries might be worth uploading to the FTP and posting in the ME bugs forum. It's not completely unheard of, but SI can take a look anyway. :thup:

They are set to Team Cohesion (average) and then match tactics for Match Preperation.

As I look at my team now I currently have 7 first team injuries. Bare in mind that Benteke has just returned from his (real) long term injury and Delph has just returned from a 5 week injury.

And what's the date in-game? This is during regular season, not pre-season? Have you had training on Team Cohesion all this time? Is it always as high as 7 (7 is still normal but on the high end of normal) or has it been lower at times?

GET IT PLEASE!

The TOTAL NUMBER of injuries is not the unrealistic problem. It's fine.

The thing is that injuries happen too often IN GAMES. I've also noticed a pattern of several injuries affecting guys in the same position in the same game. That is, my winger is injured, I put on another winger, he gets injured etc.

Also one could argue that the severity of the injuries happening during the games are too much. I've tried all training settings, and besides my players on loan get injured very often as well.

GET IT PLEASE!

You could use your own advice here. We need info. Numbers. Facts.

How many injuries in a game? Regularly? How match fit were they? When are they getting injured in the game; early, late, random?

GET IT PLEASE!

The TOTAL NUMBER of injuries is not the unrealistic problem. It's fine.

The thing is that injuries happen too often IN GAMES. I've also noticed a pattern of several injuries affecting guys in the same position in the same game. That is, my winger is injured, I put on another winger, he gets injured etc.

Also one could argue that the severity of the injuries happening during the games are too much. I've tried all training settings, and besides my players on loan get injured very often as well.

You need to clarify what type of in game injuries you are talking about.

Are these all "red" injuries where you are forced to replace a player? "Green" injuries? or just simple knocks that lower condition to some extent?

I recently downloaded the FM15 demo on recommendation of some folks who have played FM for years. The game is very fun, but all the stories in the weekly newsletter are about injuries from across the league. Even in the sidebar of headlines, there are only a couple non-injury stories.

Every club in the league, and even national teams, all pick up many injuries in the preseason. You can see the scale of injuries in this screenshot. My club had 2 double hernias and another long-term injury before the season even began, along with several short-term injuries.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/43110509110156879/56E541BCF1DE71E1C2B2493D58144E8285A5B21A/

Can't wait for the Superkeepers thread.

I'm still not replicating this unless I increase pressing, raise tempo and increase training intensity, at which point you can SEE you've created an issue by maxing stuff.

Even then, it's not become 'unplayable' per the hysteria on here, just clearly harder as a result of my settings.

There's a distinct lack of bug threads with uploaded evidence of the footballing calamity that has befallen son in here - anyone would think some people are on a bandwagon for the hell of it. Reckon Humter has asked about uploads at least fifteen times and still not got an affirmative response - this tells us everything really.

I recently downloaded the FM15 demo on recommendation of some folks who have played FM for years. The game is very fun, but all the stories in the weekly newsletter are about injuries from across the league. Even in the sidebar of headlines, there are only a couple non-injury stories.

Every club in the league, and even national teams, all pick up many injuries in the preseason. You can see the scale of injuries in this screenshot. My club had 2 double hernias and another long-term injury before the season even began, along with several short-term injuries.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/43110509110156879/56E541BCF1DE71E1C2B2493D58144E8285A5B21A/

You'd be surprise how common injuries are in real life. Go look at injury tables around different leagues.

Can't wait for the Superkeepers thread.

I'm still not replicating this unless I increase pressing, raise tempo and increase training intensity, at which point you can SEE you've created an issue by maxing stuff.

Even then, it's not become 'unplayable' per the hysteria on here, just clearly harder as a result of my settings.

There's a distinct lack of bug threads with uploaded evidence of the footballing calamity that has befallen son in here - anyone would think some people are on a bandwagon for the hell of it. Reckon Humter has asked about uploads at least fifteen times and still not got an affirmative response - this tells us everything really.

Spot on :)

This is my favourite thread on the forum right now, 10/10 for entertainment value.

I lost a few at the tail end of last season, but that was 40 games into a season where players start to get jaded. Out with that i dont really struggle, i get a few players who get knocks quite often during games, but there is no reason a player on 70% fitness cant finish a game, i also rarely sub green arrow injuries unless they are potential hamstring or groin injuries. 90% of the time i dont suffer because of it. Green arrow injuries are usually just knocks, no reason to sub off.

11 players injured. Most of them for more than 3 months. SI, is this really like the real life???

I have to play games with players from under18 team.

Seriously dude, if you have that many injured players at once, the blame lies solely with you. Other than it just being horrendous bad luck.

Spot on :)

This is my favourite thread on the forum right now, 10/10 for entertainment value.

Mine too. Not least because injuries took me aback on the beta and I reeled somewhat when finding 3-4 players could be injured at any given time. I then took a balanced view of previous FM games where I never got to throw my kids in at the deep end because there were never any injuries, even my backup players were moaning they never got a game. It wasn't realistic. Hell I could get Agger and Gerrard through a 50 game season unscathed with appropriately high injury-proneness levels?!?!

Overall, with careful rotation, fitness monitoring, training levels monitored and attention to the impact of little things like wet weather on a passing/pressing game I find I have a reasonable and realistic level of injuries varying from the severe to the niggles. Liverpool, Newcastle and Manchester Utd IRL are pretty good examples in case.

SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move.

Okay the way I see it is use your reserves or youth players to compensate the losses of injuries.

Too many over the top complaining going on when in truth in real life top teams have loads of injuries and they have to get on with it just like we do while playing the game!

SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move.

My thoughts as well.

I think a lot of guys are still in the "set it forget it" mentality when the game is encouraging day to day management with each and every new version.

11 players injured. Most of them for more than 3 months. SI, is this really like the real life???

I have to play games with players from under18 team.

Is it like real life to have to play occasionally with reserve/under-18 players due to injuries? Of course it is.

Screen or it didn't happen!

Would be fun trying to get a draw playing 7 on 11 though

This is how it ended.

Injuries_zps39ece331.png

I was lucky I was 2 goals up, 3 on agg when they started popping off like teenagers in a horror movie. Won 2-1, 5-3 agg.

It's not a bug per se, but if you're ending up with 7 men due to injury (basically 7 players got injured in one game) plus all the other complaints, I think there needs to be some explanation as to why this is happening. Let's be honest, the 'feedback' is unprecedented compared to previous years.

It's not a bug per se, but if you're ending up with 7 men due to injury (basically 7 players got injured in one game) plus all the other complaints, I think there needs to be some explanation as to why this is happening. Let's be honest, the 'feedback' is unprecedented compared to previous years.

What if I know exactly how it happened? Also, it's the first time anything like this happened in a 5 season save.

Nothing wrong with the injuries, hopefully SI will leave them as they are.

Just finished my first season with Novara and all the way through I had constant problems with my midfielders, I hardly went 2 or 3 games without having to reshuffle due to injuries in those positions, just the way it should be.

In previous releases you could go 10 games without having to reshuffle.

I got unlucky that it was always my midfielders, although I did sign 1 or 2 that could be potential sick notes, I am looking at you Mason from Spurs!!

That is just football management, you have to manage through the bad spells as well as the good.

I have finished a couple of games with 10 men due to injuries but now I just keep 1 sub up my sleeve, if you are finishing with only 7 players then I would suggest uploading the game for SI to look at and maybe look at how your team is training and what you are asking of them during the actual game.

I think the evidence of current injuries in the EPL should be evidence enough. As mentioned, look at United, I don't think they've fielded the same defence back to back because of injuries. Jones, Smalling and Evans have had multiple injuries already this season, so that should shut up people complaining about the length and severity of persistent injuries. Walcott, RvP to name just two players tend to have a spell on the sidelines at least once a season.

Give the players a rest after a match, alter training intensity around the fixture list, don't start unfit players, sub players who deteriorate, when you're 3-0 up in a game after an hour reduce your intensity etc etc etc. Very few high intensity teams IRL maintain it when they're well up in a game.

I think some people assume they should never have to put a striker on the wing or a right back at right mid or call an unknown 20 year old into the team for a couple of games.

Initially I thought the injuries were far too frequent but come to the end of my first season, it's really not that bad at all. I'm coming to the end of the season with Champions League finals and so on and I have only one player out injured throughout my whole first team. Which is pretty damn good considering the amount of games being played.

Everybody I know who plays the game is saying there's a problem with injuries, but S.I will it seems continue to deny it. There's so much wrong with this years game. They need to stick to the mantra - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Everybody I know who plays the game is saying there's a problem with injuries, but S.I will it seems continue to deny it. There's so much wrong with this years game. They need to stick to the mantra - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

and what have you or any of the others done to try to improve your injury situation?

It all comes down to the basic fact that its not happening to everyone. Therefore we can conclude that a % of users are able to manage their teams and have a reasonable level of injuries.

So as I said earlier in the thread you either misunderstand what a "reasonable" amount of injuries are or you are failing to manage your team as well as other users.

If you have a save with a large number of injuries you could upload it and post a link. I would be happy as I'm sure others would be as well to have a look and offer some advice.

I had a game where 4 of my players got injured in 70 minutes and the opposition also had 2 injuries. This led me to having 10 men for 20 mins and conceding a late goal. The OPs picture is fine, but my only instance of exaggerated injuries was too far fetched

There's no injury bug in game, the levels in game are if anything, slightly low compared to real life.

Things which increase injuries in game:

High training intensity

Non-match fit players playing matches

High intensity tactics

Injury prone players

Bad luck

If you see the Premier league injury table, you can see they're quite high - http://www.physioroom.com/news/engli...jury_table.php

Already this season, Man Utd have had 35 injuries and we're not even in December yet.

Hi, What i would like to know is that you say "non-match fit" players could also get injured if they play games. To avoid them getting injured how much match time do they require if you need to build them up for 100% match fitness slowly ? At what %'s. I'm curious thats all.

cheers

Archived