FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, im back now i have my new pc. So im back on the saddle with my save.

Just entered the 3rd season, after winning just the Prem anc CL last season Oh and World Club.

i have sold quite a bit of deadwood, and noticed that Spurs had put Eriksen up for sale so i brought him for 26 million. Few weeks later I saw that Gotze had rejected a new contract at Bayern so they listed him and i got him for 29 million.

So my attacking mid and cm is sorted for atleast 5 or 6 seasons.

I also signed Neves for 26 million, and Del Fabrio for 2.8 million (good cb).

The worst thing i have noticed about this season is that Skrtel who was my fans POY last season is utter garbage... getting 5.5's

I am tempted to start again with a new tactic. I'm in November of season 2 and I'm first but my players are just not performing like the season before...Sturridge is not scoring at all and hasn't for a long time. I also want to try a tactic with two strikers and just generally change the way the tactics that I use but not sure if I should or not.

Dear SI,

It is my third season in charge. I have won numerous trophies and am on course to win absolutely everything this season. On the last day in Jan, two more players wanted to leave to seek trophies at bigger clubs - Raheem to RM and Tielemans to Juventus - this was on top of 3 players in the August transfer window.

I promised cups and they are Slt but performing OK.

Last season it was the same. I won the League Cup and they were all happy. I will be playing the league cup final soon. If I win, then obviously a happier squad for the end of the season.

But SI, you really need to tone this down. Demanding to move to clubs for trophies when they are at the club delivering trophies (so far the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Club tucked away) season in season out is just not on.

Is anyone else really getting fed up with this side of the game?

I have just had a question in press about being the side that commits the most fouls and receives the most cards in Prem League.

But then again, all my players have hard tackling as an individual instruction!

Players with high tackling skill a must for the tactic I use :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sounds like a interesting and demanding tactic that I wouldn't want to be at the other end of ;)

I am tempted to start again with a new tactic. I'm in November of season 2 and I'm first but my players are just not performing like the season before...Sturridge is not scoring at all and hasn't for a long time. I also want to try a tactic with two strikers and just generally change the way the tactics that I use but not sure if I should or not.

It's been a while since I last used 2 strikers but it's something I've been wanting to do as well. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out.

Balotelli and Sturridge should make good partners on fm.

I'm really enjoying my game. I'm in my 3rd season and still haven't won a thing, but I'm taking it a bit easier, using downloaded tactics just to change things up, trying to sign some more experienced players rather than diving into youth development, stuff like that. With that last point in mind, I have my entire u21 squad out on loan and am only using the 24 (I think) players in my senior squad. I have a couple of u21s - Odegaard, Harry Wilson, Sascha Horvath - that I am keeping a keen eye on, and a solitary imported regen in my u18s amongst a sea of local and Danish waste, a young Czech DM/MC of 2.5-4.5* potential, who I signed for £400k. I still don't let my DoF (Stewart Houston) manage any transfers, but all staff contracts are handled by him, I got Angel Vales as Head of Youth and he handles all the admin for the younger players as well, and Dave Fallows rules the roost over the scouting network, although I am thorough in using that network because it's first time I've had the variable attributes on.

Recently I've been using a downloaded tactic called Eradicate 2-5-3, which has a pair of CDs, one X one D, two CWBs on S, two RPMs flanking a DLP on D and three DLFs on A. It worked really well in a brief test I tried with Barcelona, and it's been OK for Liverpool, although it doesn't suit Sturridge especially well. Neither does the slightly tweaked copy of Sabine's post just up the page that I have been phasing in. In fact, Coutinho has outperformed Sturridge, Balotelli and Origi as the F9 in that formation, which means 3 talented, expensive, and varyingly temperamental strikers on the bench. Balotelli is on an awful lot of money, and does take a lot of man-management but when he's up for it, he's fantastic. Has been my top scorer with 49 goals in 77 league games for the club in 2 and a half season.

I also use 3-4-1-2, but mainly against flat 4-4-2s because it's so easy. And it lets me give game time to two of those 3 goal machines I have bursting to show what they can do.

Another stand-out has been Captain Hendo. He will get a minimum 7.5 in pretty much any position. Scores massive goals for us, runs the midfield, covers his full-back, tracks runners, splits defences, does everything. Hasn't missed a league game in 21 months, and has missed a total of 5 days, from a gashed leg, in the 2 and a half seasons I've played.

So, entering January 2017, I'm sitting 2nd, 5 points behind Man Utd - for whom Falcao is tearing the league up with 18 goals in 12 games. I have offered a pre-contract to Jese Rodriguez of Real Madrid. Not sure why as I have a ton of excellent players, as well as Odegaard, in his position. I think I'll probably withdraw the offer. Profitable as he may be, he would be an expensive (£70k a week) rotation player, and I can't risk unhappiness, the pile of egos in my squad is tottering enough.

Andre Wisdom has been promised he'll be sold. It's irritating because he's homegrown, but he's not good enough this time around. I can probably fetch £10m or so from someone like Arsenal who are always sniffing around my squad. I was thinking of making my next CB signing an u18 that I can make HG because I would still have Sakho, Balanta, Can, Darmian and Bender who can all play CB. So I may splash out on a classy-looking regen I have my eye on.

Quick squad list:

Rulli

Curci - leaving on a free

Wisdom

Balanta

Darmian

Lovren

Sakho

Moreno

Flanagan

Bender

Kovacic - outstanding and my only big buy, at £33m

Coutinho

Henderson

Lucas Romero

Emre Can - always feel like I'm forcing him into the team, but his physical prowess build such a steady platform, wherever he plays

Allen - consistent, never moans, tied down to £48.5k/week until 2020

Suso

Sterling

Markovic

Sturridge

Origi

Balotelli

Looking at that, and bearing in mind I'll have Odegaard and Horvath next season, I think I'll definitely withdraw my contact of for Jese. I'm just always looking to get a good free transfer, but I just have a feeling he won't be worth the hassle or the money.

I think I'm pretty well-stocked for a few years. Even with small defence, I have so many players that can cover multiple positions it means I'm never short.

But like I say, I haven't won anything. I've reach two Champions League semi-finals and finished 4th and 3rd in the league. Can't remember about domestic cups. This time round, I'm out of the League Cup - who cares? - my next game is at the Emirates in the FA Cup 3rd round. Don't think I care though. I have a good shot at the league with my best squad to date (on this save), but it is a small squad. I think I'll send out the likes of Wisdom, Allen, Suso etc and hope they give it a go. I finished in my CL group so I have Real Madrid in the 1st KO round. Haven't faced them yet. I fear I may get battered, but I want to be able to put out a full strength team. And, like I said, I think if I cut the silly results (0-2 against Watford, 1-1 at home to Palace etc) I can take the league this time.

Chelsea and Utd are the best domestic teams, with the best manager and the most carefree spending policy, respectively.

City sacked Pellegrini, hired then sacked Unai Emery, now have our Rafa who is slowly bringing them up the league after they were 18th after 11 games.

Arsenal are being Arsenal, Spurs finished 2nd in 2015, 11th in 2016, are currently 7th, who knows what they are doing. Everton and Stoke have been good. Villa are in the Championship.

No-one else is up to much, teams have come up and gone back down and vice-versa. The usual managerial merry-go-round every November and June.

I think it's the most fun I've ever had on FM, and I'm putting it down a few things. First, I'm not micro-managing everything. Two, I'm trying to keep transfers realistic, not selling the entire spine of my team and replacing it with 19 year olds who I know are going to destroy, and 3 - the tactics. I have always been aware that I'm not great at FM. I could never do LLM, I relied way too heavily on advice off of forums and y'know -10 shortlists and stuff, but I always persevered with my own tactics, which was based entirely around the top names in my squad, after I exploited the finances on the gamble that I would win enough to pay the debts, because I had the best players.

Now, I steal the tactics and do all the other hard work. The scouting, I like it a lot, never done it properly before. Had guys out, but would just snap up 20 or 30 regens every couple of years and then cherry pick the top ones, throw the others away. I like narrowing down my search and tracking players.

TL;DR

Fun game. I'm not very good at it. Really enjoying it.

Dear SI,

It is my third season in charge. I have won numerous trophies and am on course to win absolutely everything this season. On the last day in Jan, two more players wanted to leave to seek trophies at bigger clubs - Raheem to RM and Tielemans to Juventus - this was on top of 3 players in the August transfer window.

Last season it was the same. I won the League Cup and they were all happy. I will be playing the league cup final soon. If I win, then obviously a happier squad for the end of the season.

But SI, you really need to tone this down. Demanding to move to clubs for trophies when they are at the club delivering trophies (so far the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Club tucked away) season in season out is just not on.

this and the constant moaning from rotation & back up players about not getting games. players fitness levels should be taken into account before they moan about not playing

after finishing 5th in my 1st full season narrowly missing out on CL football. The Barcelona job came up for graps (I have a world class rep after my time at PSG) They have offered me the job.....what do I do!?!? best club in the world on a bit of a transition after loosing the league to Sevilla. OR stay and build on my Liverpool team after getting back into Europe

End of Season 2, finally..

Success in all competitions.

Won EPL, ECC, FA Cup, Capital Cup and ECS.

Origi was a star, leading goal scorer, with Sturridge not to far behind.

As far as rating go, Origi topped the charts there with 7.67, Romero and Coutinho so very close behind.

Main team was

GK: Mignolet, Butland.

DL: Moreno, Barbero (regen)

DC: Balanta, Sakho, Rugani

DR: De Sciglio, Flanagan.

MC: Alaba, Henderson, Romero, Tielemans.

AML: Coutinho, Shaarawy.

AMR: Sterling, Lacazette.

ST: Origi, Sturridge, Boye.

Bench: Suso, Lallana, Can, McLaughlin, Gerrard, Johnson, Ojo, Rossiter, Wilson, Pelosi.

And some Regens of cause.

after finishing 5th in my 1st full season narrowly missing out on CL football. The Barcelona job came up for graps (I have a world class rep after my time at PSG) They have offered me the job.....what do I do!?!? best club in the world on a bit of a transition after loosing the league to Sevilla. OR stay and build on my Liverpool team after getting back into Europe

What year are you in? Building a new dynasty with Barca might be interesting but Liverpool is always Liverpool ;)

this and the constant moaning from rotation & back up players about not getting games. players fitness levels should be taken into account before they moan about not playing

+1. Annoying.

What year are you in? Building a new dynasty with Barca might be interesting but Liverpool is always Liverpool ;)

2017 -18

Messi is 30

iniesta 33

Lots of the good youngsters are still there but haven't been given the chance (no Munir tho) so it is tempting.... I would build a team of home grown players however maybe purchase a replacement for Iniesta

But a bit off topic lol

End of Season 2, finally..

Success in all competitions.

Won EPL, ECC, FA Cup, Capital Cup and ECS.

Origi was a star, leading goal scorer, with Sturridge not to far behind.

As far as rating go, Origi topped the charts there with 7.67, Romero and Coutinho so very close behind.

Main team was

GK: Mignolet, Butland.

DL: Moreno, Barbero (regen)

DC: Balanta, Sakho, Rugani

DR: De Sciglio, Flanagan.

MC: Alaba, Henderson, Romero, Tielemans.

AML: Coutinho, Shaarawy.

AMR: Sterling, Lacazette.

ST: Origi, Sturridge, Boye.

Bench: Suso, Lallana, Can, McLaughlin, Gerrard, Johnson, Ojo, Rossiter, Wilson, Pelosi.

And some Regens of cause.

how much did Alaba cost you??

It's been a while since I last used 2 strikers but it's something I've been wanting to do as well. Give it a go and let me know how it turns out.

Balotelli and Sturridge should make good partners on fm.

Will do mate. That's what I'm hoping for too, as I do firmly believe that they'll make good partners in real life too! If given the chance and one of them isn't played out of position. Think I would need to buy another striker though. Though I'll hopefully try to get Munir this save and have him as a makeshift striker. Any other suggestions on a good, and kind of cheap striker in the first season? I guess it depends on if I can sell all the players I want to sell. But I'll actually be using some of my younger players a bit more this save, which will mean that I'll have a big squad to choose from I guess.

Kinda getting excited for the new save now! Setting it up now!

Will do mate. That's what I'm hoping for too, as I do firmly believe that they'll make good partners in real life too! If given the chance and one of them isn't played out of position. Think I would need to buy another striker though. Though I'll hopefully try to get Munir this save and have him as a makeshift striker. Any other suggestions on a good, and kind of cheap striker in the first season? I guess it depends on if I can sell all the players I want to sell. But I'll actually be using some of my younger players a bit more this save, which will mean that I'll have a big squad to choose from I guess.

Lazacette is rather cheap in the begining of the game.

Dybala from Palermo has a 10 mil (euro) release clause for teams in the CL.

Benzia might be available for 8-12 mil.

Klose should be cheap as well. He's old but he'd be a good tutor as well!

Good luck!

Dear SI,

So I won the League Cup and they are all now happy!

The LEAGUE CUP!!!!!!!!!!

Lazacette is rather cheap in the begining of the game.

Dybala from Palermo has a 10 mil (euro) release clause for teams in the CL.

Benzia might be available for 8-12 mil.

Klose should be cheap as well. He's old but he'd be a good tutor as well!

Good luck!

Cheers mate and thanks for the suggestions. Will look into them. Especially a good tutor like Klose! But wondering if I should develop Sinclair, not sure how he'd turn out but with Klose's tutoring, could turn out to be awesome! Deffo going to be selling Borini.

Check out Carlos Fierro. Also, you can re-train Coutinho as ST - he is very effective either as DLF-support or F9.

Started a new save with LFC, after a very successful save on the first pach. Going to play a 4-5-1 (flat) formation and aiming for the Premier League title the first season. Really satisfies with my transfer, and also have £9 m left to the january transfer window. Will update after the season. Here are my transfers:

In:

15.07.14 Eder Alvarez Balanta (River Plate) - £6.75m

17.07.14 Lucas Romero (Velez) - £7m

21.08.14 Danilo (Porto) - £14.5m

01.01.15 Martin Ødegaard (Strømsgodset) - £1.3m

19.01.15 Lucas Silva (Cruzeiro) - £14m

Out:

11.07.14 Glen Johnson (Tottenham) - £17m

20.07.14 Kolo Toure (Swansea) - £550k

31.07.14 Fabio Borini (Crystal Palace) - £7m

01.09.14 Jose Enrique (Spartak Moscow) - £3m

01.01.15 Jon Flanagan (Newcastle) - £3.8m

05.01.15 Rickie Lambert (Q.P.R) - £1.2m

Might start again so I can work on a formation to get coutinho & sterling in the starting line up
I play Coutinho behind Sturridge & Sterling on the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation depends what your favourite formation is

I play Coutinho behind Sturridge & Sterling on the left in a 4-2-3-1 formation depends what your favourite formation is

I normally play a 433 with AMR/AML but on this version I've been playing a tweaked version of that with an AML and then the AMR is now playing to the right of the ST as a False 9

so it means I rotate Sterling & Coutinho in the AML position. its been strangely successful for me so I've kept with it but leaves me with having to bomb Lallana (who I hate in the game anyway) and Markovic almost from the start. markovic does a job as cover for the F9 position but I prefer to buy Lacazette in the first season and then target Barbosa to give me a front line for season 2 of Lazazette/Sturridge & Origi/Barbosa

T

I normally play a 433 with AMR/AML but on this version I've been playing a tweaked version of that with an AML and then the AMR is now playing to the right of the ST as a False 9

so it means I rotate Sterling & Coutinho in the AML position. its been strangely successful for me so I've kept with it but leaves me with having to bomb Lallana (who I hate in the game anyway) and Markovic almost from the start. markovic does a job as cover for the F9 position but I prefer to buy Lacazette in the first season and then target Barbosa to give me a front line for season 2 of Lazazette/Sturridge & Origi/Barbosa

Apart from Lallanas injury proness he's been great for me scoring over 10 goals in a season was gonna use the current 3-4-3 formation not sure if it will work though

I was going to start a new game when the next patch was released but due to the number of transfers I have decided to start a new one now and not bother with the data update.

Started as LFC again, started reshaping the defence and GK. Had too many problems with these areas in past saves.

In

Lloris £24m (10m up / 14m 24mth)

Balanta £6.25m

Lucas Romero £7m

Ruben Neves £17m

Jose Gaya Loan – option to buy at £25m

I also wanted Munir at £10.25m but Barcelona always kept offering new contracts to him in previous saves. This time when they offered him another contract I managed to get them to accept a loan with the £10.25m buy clause and when the loan started I offered the 10.25m which they had to accept so he is joining me in season 1 on loan and I’m only paying for 50% of his wages and then he will join me at the end of the year permanently.

Out

Mignolet Napoli £12m

Toure Sunderland 500k

Lucas Roma £13.5m

Allen Spurs £20m

Johnson Fiorentina £8.25m

Borini Inter Loan (180k monthly plus 100% wages)

This has dropped my wage budget down to £1.6m per week. I plan to reduce that by selling the below. Aiming for £1.4m p/week.

Then I plan on selling Lovren, Enrique (if Gaya form is good), Lallana, Balotelli, Assaidi, Borini, Aspas, Luis Alberto and Coates at the end of the year. I may only look at signing Horn, Kovacic and maybe a solid CB and RB depending how Sakho and Skrtel

get on.

It should leave me with a great team for many years whilst keeping some of the experienced ones for the bigger games.

Won the league in the first season. Finished ahead of Chelsea on goal difference. Had to win the last game and Gerrard scored a penalty in the 2nd min. But then Flanagan took a red card in the 50th and Sakho another red inte 70th min! 2 men down but we still managed to see it through and win 1-0.

Will post a season update after the FA-final against Chelsea and CL-final against PSG.

Ok third season went extremely well. Won everything except the FA CUP so im still awaiting my first clean sweep.

Strange season as Skrtel who was my POTS the last season was utter garbage so he only played 10 games.

I have encountered the bugs of first teamers whinging they dont play much and the other one where a player wants to leave to win trophies but has just won all bar the FA cup.

Zlatan was my star player, at 35 he managed a career best of 57 goals. The most i have ever seen one of my player score.

Florenzi was another top player Avg was 7.7 over 40 odd games. :) bargain at 15 million.

Gerrard and Xavi both retired. Though Xavi decided not too lol. he didnt play much. i will post up my squad later. too many AM's.

In the league i was P38 W30 D8 L0.... i won the league by one point!!

Zlatan was my star player, at 35 he managed a career best of 57 goals. The most i have ever seen one of my player score.

In the league i was P38 W30 D8 L0.... i won the league by one point!!

Zlatan is a player I'd really like to try. When did you buy him? Fee/wages?

Lol, amazing to be unbeaten all season but only win by 1 pt.

Tell me about it. I have NEVER seen the AI play that well. It was Chelsea though and with Berardi scoring 45 in all comps they were going be a problem.

I got Zlatan start of 2nd season, was 13 million and a bit of a joke bid to see what happend then when the contract was accepted i had to say yes.

300k per week 6mil sign on.... eurgh but 51 games 57 goals in his second season is pay back!! :p

ALSO he is an amazing Tutor.

Got an absolute beastly regen coming in for a whopping 15M. Huge outlay for a 16 year old, but he just looks so good.

Worried he may not get a work permit though, so trying to get an affiliate in Croatia just in case.

I love picking my own feeder teams.

Got an absolute beastly regen coming in for a whopping 15M. Huge outlay for a 16 year old, but he just looks so good.

Worried he may not get a work permit though, so trying to get an affiliate in Croatia just in case.

I love picking my own feeder teams.

I have got to that stage as well now. Although I just tried and as start of April, no cash in bank. Of course, after all the prize/TV money comes in, I'll be rolling again. So just have to wait a while longer.

And lucky you for a decent regen. There have been none in my game for the past season and a half. Luckily, most of my players are teens/early 20s.

I will also be looking to sell 3 or 4 players. Not sure which ones yet, but I have real issues rotating all of them and Sturridge/Balo are looking expensive - although both score an average of over a goal a game. Then again, so does every one of my strikers, so not essential it is them.

Has anyone tried replicating Rodgers' 3-4-2-1 with any success ?

More or less, yes.

Played with:

3 DC

2 DMC

1 MR/ 1 ML

2 AMC

1 ST

But I abandoned it halfway through the season. Got some good results with it still.

Finished my first season, which was really successful. Won the league and finished with 93 points, two points ahead of Man Utd. Also won the FA Cup, after beating Man. Utd 6-2 (!) at Wembley. In the Capital One Cup i was playing with the subs and many players from U21, and was knocked out by Leicester in the 4th round. In Champions League we got to the semi final, but were eliminated by Real Madrid.

For the new season I'm changing the formation from 4-1-4-1 to 4-3-3 (flat). Got the board to increase the transfer revenue from 35 % to 50 %. Made some interesting transfers for the new campaign.

In:

Marquinhos (PSG)- £35.5m

Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid) - £4m + Adam Lallana

Calum Chambers (Arsenal) - £28m

Out:

Sebastian Coates (Southampton) - £5m

Andre Wisdom (Aston Villa) - £3.6m

Lucas Leiva (Fiorentina) - £10.25m

Martin Skrtel (Southampton) - £5.25m

Luis Alberto (West Ham) - £4.2m

Joe Allen (Sunderland) - £12.75m

Adam Lallana (Atletico Madrid) - P/Ex Jan Oblak

Tiago Ilori (Leicester) - Loan

Ousama Assaidi (Lyon) - £9.25m

Iago Aspas (Hertha Berlin) - £8.5m

YAY! Francesco Totti is Liverpools and the Premier Leagues oldest goal scorer at 40 years and 326 days old!!

He scored on his Anfield and league debut against Manure on the opening day!!

side note does anyone know why i cant get him to tutor? hes a player coach if that makes any difference.

YAY! Francesco Totti is Liverpools and the Premier Leagues oldest goal scorer at 40 years and 326 days old!!

side note does anyone know why i cant get him to tutor? hes a player coach if that makes any difference.

What is his role in your team? I couldn't get Kuyt to tutor anyone coz he was only listed as Backup for me, so it may be related to that

Just finished my first season. Tried a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic to begin with before switching to a 4-1-2-2-1 formation which my team reaped the benefits from.

Won the Champions League, runners up in the FA Cup, finished 3rd in the Premiership. Not to sure when i went out in the League Cup.

Star players were Romero (Rock in DM as a half back), Sturridge(struggled playing with Balo but once upfront by himself he was a machine with 35 goals), Sterling(Insanely good as either a shadow striker or inside forward) and Coutinho(couldnt get in the team for a long time until i switched formation then he ripped it as a AML IF finished with 23 goals).

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/333/NAmLIB.jpg First Season Ins and Outs

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/3144/twoZfh.jpg Team start of Second Season, still to improve

What is his role in your team? I couldn't get Kuyt to tutor anyone coz he was only listed as Backup for me, so it may be related to that

Have a look in here (it is related to both tutors' and tutees' status/roles) - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/416871-Young-players-cannot-be-tutored-due-to-senior-squad-role-help

It seems that there are certainly a few problems with tutoring that the bug team are currently working on - fingers crossed.

Archived