FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Can you please post a screenshot of your tactic?

Sorry, were you referring to my tactics or EuskalHerria's? His right since mine is pretty bog standard :lol:

He's managed to grab a few important goals for me as well. When my strikers are struggling (and Sturridge is injured of course...) he'll cut in from the right and score. And if not him, then Sterling.

I really like this Liverpool side on fm15.

Indeed! The team has a lot of dead wood though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, were you referring to my tactics or EuskalHerria's? His right since mine is pretty bog standard :lol:

Indeed! The team has a lot of dead wood though.

Yeah, and some of that dead wood is not so easy to get rid of... But there's som exciting talent in the club as well. The struggle with Liverpool (both on fm and irl) is to nurture Sturridge and keep him away from the physios.

Yeah, and some of that dead wood is not so easy to get rid of... But there's som exciting talent in the club as well. The struggle with Liverpool (both on fm and irl) is to nurture Sturridge and keep him away from the physios.

As soon as I start a save, almost the entire backroom staff go, along with Enrique, Johnson, Borini and Toure. Gives me an extra 30m(ish) to play with on top of the transfer budget.

I started a Liverpool save. I just got through the pre-season and played a couple of BPL games already.

I've bought Munir, Jesus Vallejo, Lucas Romero and Mattia De Sciglio. I've sold Borini and Johnson. In my shortlist as future potential signings I have the likes of Rudy, Valdes, Caulker, Balanta, Lucas Silva, Will Hughes, Ward-Prowse, Deli Alli, the 2 Bilals, Carlos Fierro and Berardi. But I'm open to suggestions. I'm playing a 4-3-3 tactic that is more like a 2-3-2-3 but morphs into a 3-4-3 at times:

o6i2CXf.jpg

G4AjDOd.jpg

It uses a Standard Mentality and Very Fluid Team Shape. It also has a bunch of PIs for each role/position but I won't bother with those unless someone wants to know more details.

The season started with a home game vs Man United. The first half went well, scored a goal (Coutinho), controlled possession, Rooney got sent off in the 43rd minute and then Di Maria left injured right at the 45th minute. But then in the second half, out of nowhere, RVP struck a free-kick very hard and Dede scored from a rebound. Sturridge was playing poorly (6.4 rating) so I decided to bring on the new signing and wonderkid Munir. Boy, did he make me look like a genius.....10 -15 minutes in and he makes a beautiful cross field lob pass to Sterling on the left side, who is left with nothing but to finish past De Gea. After another 10 minutes or so, Munir decides to score himself by dribbling into the penalty area and scoring with a low shot at the near post. And then in the dying minutes of the game a perfect counter-attack ends with Baloteli unselfishly (!!!) laying a perfect pass to Munir to finish of a nice team move. Needless to say the kid was POTM.

Next game is away to Leiceter, who got killed 7-0 by Man City in the opening game. I'm up 3-0 but I get sloppy with my game management and they score two goals, but I still win 4-2. Who scores the goals? Sturridge, Steerling, Munir and Baloteli.:D I know with this tactic my front three will score goals.

As soon as I start a save, almost the entire backroom staff go, along with Enrique, Johnson, Borini and Toure. Gives me an extra 30m(ish) to play with on top of the transfer budget.

Yeah me too, Moreno, Flanagan and Manquillo are more than capable of doing a good job in the fb-spots.

However on my current save I've kept Johnson since I'm playing a 3-4-3 and he can play WBR/MR.

I started a Liverpool save. I just got through the pre-season and played a couple of BPL games already.

I've bought Munir, Jesus Vallejo, Lucas Romero and Mattia De Sciglio. I've sold Borini and Johnson. In my shortlist as future potential signings I have the likes of Rudy, Valdes, Caulker, Balanta, Lucas Silva, Will Hughes, Ward-Prowse, Deli Alli, the 2 Bilals, Carlos Fierro and Berardi. But I'm open to suggestions. I'm playing a 4-3-3 tactic that is more like a 2-3-2-3 but morphs into a 3-4-3 at times:

o6i2CXf.jpg

G4AjDOd.jpg

It uses a Standard Mentality and Very Fluid Team Shape. It also has a bunch of PIs for each role/position but I won't bother with those unless someone wants to know more details.

The season started with a home game vs Man United. The first half went well, scored a goal (Coutinho), controlled possession, Rooney got sent off in the 43rd minute and then Di Maria left injured right at the 45th minute. But then in the second half, out of nowhere, RVP struck a free-kick very hard and Dede scored from a rebound. Sturridge was playing poorly (6.4 rating) so I decided to bring on the new signing and wonderkid Munir. Boy, did he make me look like a genius.....10 -15 minutes in and he makes a beautiful cross field lob pass to Sterling on the left side, who is left with nothing but to finish past De Gea. After another 10 minutes or so, Munir decides to score himself by dribbling into the penalty area and scoring with a low shot at the near post. And then in the dying minutes of the game a perfect counter-attack ends with Baloteli unselfishly (!!!) laying a perfect pass to Munir to finish of a nice team move. Needless to say the kid was POTM.

Next game is away to Leiceter, who got killed 7-0 by Man City in the opening game. I'm up 3-0 but I get sloppy with my game management and they score two goals, but I still win 4-2. Who scores the goals? Sturridge, Steerling, Munir and Baloteli.:D I know with this tactic my front three will score goals.

Good games! I always struggle against Man U so it's always nice to hear them get hammered :)

Balanta is doing well for me, altough he is outshined by Sakho who's amazing. I Also bought Juan Jesus from Inter and he's been doing ok as well.

I wanted to sign Munir but he wasn't interested in joining...

How's Gerrard been doing for you as HB?

After looking at my team and how other teams have strengthened, I don't think I'm doing it so well. Might reload it again before I buy players (but have still sold players that I have wanted to get rid of). Don't think I need another DMC since I have quite a few so £17 on Neves would be wasted. I do really want Reus but £21m and £200k p/w is just too much for me to handle right now considering I have so many options on the wings already.

After looking at my team and how other teams have strengthened, I don't think I'm doing it so well. Might reload it again before I buy players (but have still sold players that I have wanted to get rid of). Don't think I need another DMC since I have quite a few so £17 on Neves would be wasted. I do really want Reus but £21m and £200k p/w is just too much for me to handle right now considering I have so many options on the wings already.

What season are you in? 21 mil for Reus sounds reasonable but 200k/w is way to much. Plus I guess it's much more than any other in the team which may unsettle them.

How have the rest of you been handling Gerrard and his contract? I tried offering him a new one in the begining of the season, mostly for nostalgic reasons, but he wanted a raise + Key player, big sign on and high bonuses. I want to keep him but those demands where just way to high.

Good games! I always struggle against Man U so it's always nice to hear them get hammered :)

Balanta is doing well for me, altough he is outshined by Sakho who's amazing. I Also bought Juan Jesus from Inter and he's been doing ok as well.

I wanted to sign Munir but he wasn't interested in joining...

How's Gerrard been doing for you as HB?

Gerrard is doing fine as HB, but he needs a sub around the 60-65 minute mark, because of his low stamina. The role requires a lot.

You shouldn't have had problems signing Munir at the start of season 1. You just have to pay his release clause. I gave him a Rotation status and 65k/week (in euros).

What season are you in? 21 mil for Reus sounds reasonable but 200k/w is way to much. Plus I guess it's much more than any other in the team which may unsettle them.

Summer transfer window heading into season 2. Yeah, that £200k/w is just ridiculous in my eyes and I'd rather let my other players flourish and given game time. Yeah, that's true, I didn't consider how it would have unsettled the others, particularly since I haven't offered anyone a new contract even when they want one - I just say (paraphrased) "show me loyalty etc" and that's shut them up for a while - only Romero and Coutinho so far though.

Yonko: Yeah you're right, was thinking of Adama Traoré who wouldn't want to join me according to my scouts. Met Munirs release clause one offered him a contract so hopefully he'll be joining in jan.

Yonko: Yeah you're right, was thinking of Adama Traoré who wouldn't want to join me according to my scouts. Met Munirs release clause one offered him a contract so hopefully he'll be joining in jan.

Traore has even lower release clause at the start. But you have to jump on him quick or he will sign a new contract with Barca or someone else will buy him. Either way you won't have a chance for him anymore.

Munir is amazing. I also have a Barca save where he out scored Suarez in the first season and was my third best player behind Messi and Neymar. Check out the Barca thread where I posted about my save.

Traore has even lower release clause at the start. But you have to jump on him quick or he will sign a new contract with Barca or someone else will buy him. Either way you won't have a chance for him anymore.

Munir is amazing. I also have a Barca save where he out scored Suarez in the first season and was my third best player behind Messi and Neymar. Check out the Barca thread where I posted about my save.

Missed out on Traoré, his release clause is now somewhere in 150 mil region... Was mostly 'cause my scouts told me he wouldn't want to join me that I didn't act on that sooner.

But Munir looks amazing. Determination 20! Love him already... Thanks Yonko!

Season 1 review

League:4th

Champions league:group stage

Europa league:S/f

Fa cup 3rd rd (Lost to a conference team)

Cap one cup:3rd rd

Sold Balotelli as he did fit into my formation ill post mu squad later on

edit: Utd just signed Falaco for 46mill & did his cruitce ligament is out for 8 months :D

Defending in this game is a joke

How are you doing Glen? I'm only a few months in to my first season so haven't noticed anything major so far but I have seen others saying the same about the defense.

Season 1 review

League:4th

Champions league:group stage

Europa league:S/f

Fa cup 3rd rd (Lost to a conference team)

Cap one cup:3rd rd

Sold Balotelli as he did fit into my formation ill post mu squad later on

edit: Utd just signed Falaco for 46mill & did his cruitce ligament is out for 8 months :D

Hos much did you get for Balotelli? Did you list him? I saw someone in here that sold him to Bayern for 50 mil.

Too bad about Falcao ;)

How are you doing Glen? I'm only a few months in to my first season so haven't noticed anything major so far but I have seen others saying the same about the defense.
When you let in 70 goals in the league never let that many in any version of football manager maybe 40-50 in a season hope the update fixes it

How have the rest of you been handling Gerrard and his contract? I tried offering him a new one in the begining of the season, mostly for nostalgic reasons, but he wanted a raise + Key player, big sign on and high bonuses. I want to keep him but those demands where just way to high.
I edited him to go to La Galaxy

48 million but gonna use Sinclair & Origi as backup to Sturridge

Origi looks really good. Was looking at Lacazette for potential transfer but he won't be needed with Origi coming in next season. Have you been playing Sinclair or was he on loan your first season?

I'm dreading the upcoming draw for the 1st knock out in CL. I won my group 3 pts ahead of Real Madrid (and they could have been knocked out if us and Shaktar had played a draw in the last game, but Markovic and Sterling ran them over). However Bayern finished 2nd in their group so I've already accepted the fact that we are sure to get them in the draw.

Origi looks really good. Was looking at Lacazette for potential transfer but he won't be needed with Origi coming in next season. Have you been playing Sinclair or was he on loan your first season?
1st season mostly cup & dead rubber europeon game will use him as a backup incase Sturridge gets injured

Hos much did you get for Balotelli? Did you list him? I saw someone in here that sold him to Bayern for 50 mil.

Too bad about Falcao ;)

I also managed to sell Balotelli for £50m, but to Man City. But you have to offer him out early or Man City will spend the money on other players e.g. £57m on Munir and £34m on Moutinho.

I also managed to sell Balotelli for £50m, but to Man City. But you have to offer him out early or Man City will spend the money on other players e.g. £57m on Munir and £34m on Moutinho.

Man City probably could use a striker on my save, they're in 5th right now - which may be down to a lot of injuries. They haven't really splashed the cash so far though. Bought Yarmolenko which they always seem to do.

Looks like i got a tactic going tweaked it now not leaking to many goals problem is im getting to many injuries

Good to hear about the tactic, but not so about the injuries. Seems like more tired, jaded and unfit players so far on fm15. Some changes to condition and the physical aspect of players.

Beat Sunderland away with 6-1, 2 goals by Sterling, 2 from Ayew and 1 each by Sturridge and Coutinho. Coutinho has 10 assists and 4 goals in 14 games. So top of the league after 16 games, same points as Chelsea but better goal difference.

I been trying to play my save a bit, but for a bit under 2 months straight I've had a match every 3 days I hate it. I will hopefully get knocked out of something soon. Except I never realise what I'm playing in and played a full strength side in all my Cup matches against rubbish sides.

I sold Balotelli for £53 million to Bayern but I'm regretting it now. I need to set my personal differences aside in real life for clearly top class players. :lol:

As much as I don't like him IRL and as much I think his low teamwork+workrate don't suit my tactic, he is actually doing very well for me. He scored a hat-trick for me in 3-2 win away to Bayern Munich in the first CL group game. He has scored some other goals and has made some nice assists. His PPM "shoots with power" comes in very handy often and he is pushing hard for a regular starting spot. But Munir, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge are all playing very well too, so so far I'm spoiled for choice up front.

4 Injuries in one game, so down to 10 men, and Lambert playing as a defensive midfielder...

LOL

Lambert is a versatile guy :) I've surf him as a AMC playmaker sometimes due to injuries, it's nice to have someone up there for the GK to aim at.

Edit: *surf = used. Not sure what happened but why not :)

I sold Balotelli for £53 million to Bayern but I'm regretting it now. I need to set my personal differences aside in real life for clearly top class players. :lol:

He's been doing ok for me as well, but like Yonko I can't give him that many games since Sturridge is keeping him out. So now he's conplaint for the second time in 3 months so I agreed to list him.

Yonko - Isn't he concerned about not playing on your save?

I've decided not to countine with my current save as I've did a month of games & crushed both times I'll wait for the transfer update due out end of February or beginning of March I have some Xbox & ps games that will keep me busy until then

What do you mean crushed mate?

you crushed AI or Ai crush you?

Tell you what i dislike about this game is, is the players moaning about EVERYTHING!!

i dont get it. players who play 15 out of say 25 to 30 games moaning they arnt played enough.

And Mario Balotelli missed two training sessions, after the first one i warned him and then second time i fined him a weeks wage the whole first team went against me... WTF?

So my first game crash of this version happened earlier today. Couldn't salvage a thing because I always delete back up saves after the end of each session.

A bit stupid on my part, but I did only make it to February.

What do you mean crushed mate?

you crushed AI or Ai crush you?

Tell you what i dislike about this game is, is the players moaning about EVERYTHING!!

i dont get it. players who play 15 out of say 25 to 30 games moaning they arnt played enough.

And Mario Balotelli missed two training sessions, after the first one i warned him and then second time i fined him a weeks wage the whole first team went against me... WTF?

So pissed at Balotelli right now, can't wait to get rid of him. He's complaing about first team football and when he does play he mixes brilliant peformences with apalling ones...

So my first game crash of this version happened earlier today. Couldn't salvage a thing because I always delete back up saves after the end of each session.

A bit stupid on my part, but I did only make it to February.

Sorry to hear that...

Gonna do a new Liverpool? I was thinking of doing a Valencia save when I need a new challange. They have an interesting squad.

Yonko - Isn't he concerned about not playing on your save?

No, not yet. He has started all 3 CL games so far and he has started 3 BPL games also. Btw, he is now my leading goalscorer so far. Then it's Sterling, Munir and Coutinho, but the latter is leading in assists.

Archived