FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Think I'll leave stevies deal to run down. Slight thrown on Suso, can play CM and AMR and so can ward-Prowse who has better deadball stats

Do you need to sell Suso for economic reasons? Otherwise loan him out and buy Ward-Prowse and decide next summer.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had a great first season scoring over 20 goals but he's always complaining. Majority of the deal is over 24 months

Yeah, same for me. He was my best scorer but was still complaining about first team football so I sold him.

Yes. It's major part of the tiki-taka style.:)

And in case you are wondering, I haven't noticed any difficulties while using it in bad weather.

But I was wondering, if you or anyone else here knows, if a player can get used to a different style of play? Sometimes you're ass man will say a player is used to play a more direct game, for example, even when the team is fluid in the tactic. I tried to ask this in the training forum but didn't get an answer.

Finished first season this morning.

Won the league

Knocked out in League Cup by City

Lost the FA final against Man Utd

Lost against Bayern in Quarter Final in Champions League.

Bought Peruzzi, Romero and Balanta. Sold Johnson. Will try to keep the team as intact as possible. Will be selling most of the people that are on loan first season.

A lot of teams are going after Coutinho, Balotelli, Sturridge, Peruzzi, Borini and Sterling.

Both Balotelli and Sturridge did over 40+ goals. Borini around 25. Can best midfielder with 7 goals and 14 assists.

Normally I tend to buy in all the normal wonderkids and superstars but this time I'm thinking of playing it a bit more realistic. Not spending lots of money on wages and try to keep the same core as long as possible. And promote youth into the team as fast as possible.

Just lost Sturridge for 4 months time for Origi to stand up

Too bad... Hopefully Origi can make a difference. He looks pretty good but this is my first season with him in the team so no opinion on him yet.

Too bad... Hopefully Origi can make a difference. He looks pretty good but this is my first season with him in the team so no opinion on him yet.

Usually he turns out really okay. Good rotation player that you can sell for around £17-25 millions two-three seasons down the line if you don't fancy him.

I bought Jovic that will arrive 1/1 2016. He looks terrific and I want to have a go at him.

Yes. It's major part of the tiki-taka style.:)

And in case you are wondering, I haven't noticed any difficulties while using it in bad weather.

About your tactic Yonko, been experimenting with a tacitc for my 2nd season and have few questions about yours :)

Will you always use 'much higher d-line'? Even when facing a team with pacey wingers like Chelsea (Hazard, Willian) or Roma (Gervinho, Nani)? Isn't there a risk you'll give them to much space to run into?

Will you always use the 'close down much more' regardless of the opposition? I tried your tactic in the community shield against Chelsea and even though I won 2-0 Chelsea should have scored at least 1-2 goals in the end when they started pushing forward in the 50th min. They brought in Remy half time and played a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. On several occasions one of the DC:s would rush forward to close down leaving a big gap in the defense and since they where pushing forward they came in 3 on 1 opportunities several times (but somehow missed).

Also I found that sometimes when they attacked on the wings with speed my DC:s occupied the exact same space in the box. My wing-back would try to close the opponent with the ball down, 2 opponents would move into the box trying to get on the cross from the wing and the half back tracked back to mark them. But the DC:s where standing close together (at arms length from each other) between the winger with the ball and the attackers in the box. So the wing back from the opposite side then moved into the box to help the half back mark the the opponents making a run into the box, thus leaving his wing completly open to their other winger who got the cross and could get a shot on goal without any defender near him.

Why could this be do you think? Is it because the DC:s are both on Cover' duty? Or is it 'cause they're not fluid in the tactic yet? (however even though I used this in only one game to try it out my normal tactic is similiar so the team where already accomplished in it).

Usually he turns out really okay. Good rotation player that you can sell for around £17-25 millions two-three seasons down the line if you don't fancy him.

I bought Jovic that will arrive 1/1 2016. He looks terrific and I want to have a go at him.

From Red Star? Looks pretty good.

Trying really hard to decide if I should buy Fierro or Dybala... Both are young and promising, and cheap. Dybala has a €8.25 mil release clause (for teams in the CL) and Fierro has a €14 mil release clause. They're both the type of player I'm looking for...

Who would you go for?

Scored 28 goals & won the golden boot in his 1st season had 4 goals from 3 tore his calf muscle gutted

Trying really hard to decide if I should buy Fierro or Dybala... Both are young and promising, and cheap. Dybala has a €8.25 mil release clause (for teams in the CL) and Fierro has a €14 mil release clause. They're both the type of player I'm looking for...

Who would you go for?

Good question. They are not the exact same type of player. Fierro is the essence of poacher material whereas Dybala is more a complete forward (think Diego Costa). I don't know what role you are looking for but both are them are really good. However, I tend to go for the more "unknown" players. Yes, i bought the most bought players in my save but that is only to make a profit. I will sell them at the end of season two and get other players.

I would recommend Gabriel Barbosa (Santos), Tony Sanabria (Roma), Michael Frey (Lille) and Moreno (Villareal). They are all "unknown" as they are not purchased every save by everyone and they need that extra coaching to get them good but once they blossom you will see truly exceptional players.

But I was wondering, if you or anyone else here knows, if a player can get used to a different style of play? Sometimes you're ass man will say a player is used to play a more direct game, for example, even when the team is fluid in the tactic. I tried to ask this in the training forum but didn't get an answer.

I'm not aware of such a thing. Most of the time I don't pay attention to my assistant.

About your tactic Yonko, been experimenting with a tacitc for my 2nd season and have few questions about yours :)

Will you always use 'much higher d-line'? Even when facing a team with pacey wingers like Chelsea (Hazard, Willian) or Roma (Gervinho, Nani)? Isn't there a risk you'll give them to much space to run into?

Will you always use the 'close down much more' regardless of the opposition? I tried your tactic in the community shield against Chelsea and even though I won 2-0 Chelsea should have scored at least 1-2 goals in the end when they started pushing forward in the 50th min. They brought in Remy half time and played a 4-4-2 with attacking wingers. On several occasions one of the DC:s would rush forward to close down leaving a big gap in the defense and since they where pushing forward they came in 3 on 1 opportunities several times (but somehow missed).

Also I found that sometimes when they attacked on the wings with speed my DC:s occupied the exact same space in the box. My wing-back would try to close the opponent with the ball down, 2 opponents would move into the box trying to get on the cross from the wing and the half back tracked back to mark them. But the DC:s where standing close together (at arms length from each other) between the winger with the ball and the attackers in the box. So the wing back from the opposite side then moved into the box to help the half back mark the the opponents making a run into the box, thus leaving his wing completly open to their other winger who got the cross and could get a shot on goal without any defender near him.

Why could this be do you think? Is it because the DC:s are both on Cover' duty? Or is it 'cause they're not fluid in the tactic yet? (however even though I used this in only one game to try it out my normal tactic is similiar so the team where already accomplished in it).

First, the most important thing is for the team to be totally fluid in the tactic. That is achieved during pre-season. Second important thing is team chemistry - that also needs to be raised as much as possible as soon as possible. Third, use Teamwork as Match Prep normally. You can adjust to Defensive Positioning for away games vs stronger/equally strong teams. Fourth make slight adjustments based on what you see in the game. Watch highlights on comprehensive and even full if you have to.

Yes, I adjust the D-line if needed but it's always on one of the two highest settings. For example against a team like Chelsea if I go up 2-0 I would first switch to Counter Mentality. Then if needed more adjustment, I would lower the D-line one level and remove the Offside Trap. I would do a in game team talk for the whole team to concentrate (assertively!). That usually works.

The problem you describe are typical occurrences and a sign that the team is not familiar with the tactic. Maybe your team chemistry is not high enough. It could be many small details that add up to create what you see. This is a very demanding tactic and it should only be introduced during pre-season. I recommend you search through the tactics forum to find a thread by Cmonreds about Tiki-Taka where he and I discuss this tactic.

Who would you go for?

If you haven't tried him yet, look at Lucas Boye. Develops really well and suits a high press game. Been really good so far in my save. Also only costs about 5M.

Going in with my 3rd season, finished my 2nd one with Carling Cup, FA Cup and Community Cup, 3rd PRM and Quarter final of CL. Sold Lovren to Juventus for 36 mils, should had asked for 40 :p

Just got big win 6-0 to Chelsea and amazing comeback against Benfica 3-2. Also Gundogan in my save is not an injury prone, he's been doing amazing job in the last and current season so far.

I had a great save with Liverpool, but i decided to stop playing it because i will start a new game anyway when the patch comes out.

Won the Title in my first season using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation who worked very well with my players.

The lineup was : Mignolet - Bender - Lovren - Skrtel - Moreno - Gerrard - Henderson - Coutinho - Sterling - Balotelli - Sturridge

Subs : Jones, Lucas Romero, Balanta, Odegaard, Lambert, Markovic, Lallana.

Players sold : Borini, Toure, Yesil, Glen Johnson, Flanagan, Manquillo loan terminated and Lucas Leiva.

Players bought : Bender, Balanta, Romero, Odegaard, Ajer, Coric, Dino Halilovic).

In my second season i sold all the loaned out players (Aspas, Origi, Alberto, Wisdom, Ilori, Coates, Assaidi) + Lallana, Allen, Skrtel, Jones, Lambert, Markovic, Emre Can, Sakho

I bought : De Bruyne, Danilo, Chiriches and Berahino.

So my team looked like this : Mignolet - Danilo - Lovren - Balanta - Moreno - Romero - Henderson - Coutinho - De Bruyne - Sterling - Sturridge but i used also a 4-2-2-2 system with Balotelli in place of Henderson.

Subs : Fulton, Chiriches, Odegaard, Bender, Berahino, Rossiter, Henderson/Balotelli.

Good question. They are not the exact same type of player. Fierro is the essence of poacher material whereas Dybala is more a complete forward (think Diego Costa). I don't know what role you are looking for but both are them are really good. However, I tend to go for the more "unknown" players. Yes, i bought the most bought players in my save but that is only to make a profit. I will sell them at the end of season two and get other players.

I would recommend Gabriel Barbosa (Santos), Tony Sanabria (Roma), Michael Frey (Lille) and Moreno (Villareal). They are all "unknown" as they are not purchased every save by everyone and they need that extra coaching to get them good but once they blossom you will see truly exceptional players.

Thanks! Was looking for more of a deep lying fwd, but I think Fierro could work really well in that role.

Have had my eyes on Barbosa for a long time but he was picked up by Dortmund this summer.

I'll have a look at the other players you mentioned, maybe I'll just keep the team intact until jan and see if it needs strenghtning then.

If you haven't tried him yet, look at Lucas Boye. Develops really well and suits a high press game. Been really good so far in my save. Also only costs about 5M.

Yeah, have had my eyes om him as well for a while, we'll see what happens :)

First, the most important thing is for the team to be totally fluid in the tactic. That is achieved during pre-season. Second important thing is team chemistry - that also needs to be raised as much as possible as soon as possible. Third, use Teamwork as Match Prep normally. You can adjust to Defensive Positioning for away games vs stronger/equally strong teams. Fourth make slight adjustments based on what you see in the game. Watch highlights on comprehensive and even full if you have to.

Yes, I adjust the D-line if needed but it's always on one of the two highest settings. For example against a team like Chelsea if I go up 2-0 I would first switch to Counter Mentality. Then if needed more adjustment, I would lower the D-line one level and remove the Offside Trap. I would do a in game team talk for the whole team to concentrate (assertively!). That usually works.

The problem you describe are typical occurrences and a sign that the team is not familiar with the tactic. Maybe your team chemistry is not high enough. It could be many small details that add up to create what you see. This is a very demanding tactic and it should only be introduced during pre-season. I recommend you search through the tactics forum to find a thread by Cmonreds about Tiki-Taka where he and I discuss this tactic.

Thanks Yonko, it's a demanding but exciting tactic. Not sure tiki-taka is really my style though. But it was interesting to experiment a bit. It's always nice to get some new input to your tactics. The team did play some really nice football in that game as well.

Again, thanks mate!

Going in with my 3rd season, finished my 2nd one with Carling Cup, FA Cup and Community Cup, 3rd PRM and Quarter final of CL. Sold Lovren to Juventus for 36 mils, should had asked for 40 :p

Just got big win 6-0 to Chelsea and amazing comeback against Benfica 3-2. Also Gundogan in my save is not an injury prone, he's been doing amazing job in the last and current season so far.

How much did you pay for Gündogan? Are you using him deeper in the pitch or further up?

I don't know why but I just can't win against Man U... Last 3 games I have 2 losses and 1 draw. Currently down 0-1 in halftime at Old Trafford. It's been like this as long as I can remeber on FM. I just can't beat them and it's ruining the game for me. They're playing their 4-3-1-2 and seem to be very attacking, just can't handle them.

And another thing is that this is the second season, and I won both PL and CL last season, still instead of teams being more careful when facing me it seems to be the other way around. Sure Man U will push forward at home (even at a 1-0 lead?) - but Swansea? At Anfield? At 0-0? Sounds a bit strange to me.

EDIT: 0-2... Taking a break from this game due to mental health.

How much did you pay for Gündogan? Are you using him deeper in the pitch or further up?

I bought him for 20 mils + 4 mils clause in 2nd season, he only had 1 year left in his contract. I let him play Deep Lying Playmaker, can't let him go further because I have Coutinho doing a good job up front so far, he did amazing job back there :)

Does anyone disable the transfer budgets in the first window? I never do and normally cull the squad quickly

might try keeping the starting squad together for a while instead of just buying the usual suspects for high PA at the start

Does anyone disable the transfer budgets in the first window? I never do and normally cull the squad quickly

might try keeping the starting squad together for a while instead of just buying the usual suspects for high PA at the start

I always disable it to make it real

I always disable it to make it real

I've set up a game now to give it a go. might help me get really into a save as I wont be able to make massive changes straight away (8 players in and 8 out)

I've set up Stevie's move to LA Galaxy and given Wilson, Ibe, Chirivella & Ilori PA boosts to give them a proper chance of making it through to the first team (set all to 165) no CA changes.

also put a recall option on IBE's loan deal

So Arsenal sent an enquiry about Flanagan and since I was angry at them for being unresonable about selling Chambers to me I told them I wanted 30 mil. Flanagan then got upset 'cause I demanded so much money. Now on deadline day I got a bid/exchange accepted for Chambers with Flanagan and Lallana going the other way. But now all of a sudden Flanagan rejectes Arsenal but he's still unhappy? Can I give him a fine for being an idiot?

So Arsenal sent an enquiry about Flanagan and since I was angry at them for being unresonable about selling Chambers to me I told them I wanted 30 mil. Flanagan then got upset 'cause I demanded so much money. Now on deadline day I got a bid/exchange accepted for Chambers with Flanagan and Lallana going the other way. But now all of a sudden Flanagan rejectes Arsenal but he's still unhappy? Can I give him a fine for being an idiot?

he did the same on me. got annoyed as I wasn;t going to let him leave and then as I decided he was being a cheeky little ***** to sell him he rejected a move and sat unhappy in the U21's

Decided to start over again, this will be a long term save and my last one at FM15 for sure. Going to play my favorite formations, a flat 4-3-3 and retraining the likes of Lallana, Sterling and Markovic to strikers. I have changed all my staff and made some interesting transfer. And will include the transfers i do in january in this post aswell.

In:

08.07.2014 Jesus Vallejo (Zaragoza) - £675k

13.07.2014 Eder Alvarez Balanta (River) - £6.75m

13.07.2014 Lucas Romero (Velez) - £7m

25.07.2014 Danilo (Porto) - £14m

01.01.2015 Martin Ødegaard (Strømsgodset) - £1.3m

23.01.2015 Lucas Silva (Cruzeiro) - £11.75m

Total: £42.25m

Out:

11.07.2014 Glen Johnson (Tottenham) - £17m

15.07.2014 Kolo Toure (Q.P.R.) - £550k

29.07.2014 Martin Skrtel (Fiorentina) - £7m

01.08.2014 Suso (Wolfsburg) - Loan

10.08.2014 Jon Flanagan (Southampton) - £4m

04.01.2015 Rickie Lambert (Newcastle) - £1.2m

13.01.2015 Lucas Leiva (Benfica) - £11.75m

Total: £41.5m

Just had one of those games. You know those games. Winning quite easily at half time and then it all goes wrong. Half time I was 3-0 up at Arsenal, but in second half I just could not stop them. No matter what I tried they still found a way through and lost 4-3. :(

Just finished my first season, and what a season! Won Premier League after finishing on 92 points, won the title with 4 games to play. Carling Cup was a short history, and was knocked-out by Manchester United in the 3rd round. Won the FA Cup after a thriller 6-5 final against United! And the threble was accomplished when we beat Barcelona 3-1 in the CL final.

Played a very offensive flat 4-3-3. And my strikers were on fire all season! With Mario Ballotelli 53 goals, Daniel Sturridge with 43 goals on 34 matches (was injured for 3 months) and Raheem Sterling with 19 goals and almost 30 assists! Very busy in the transfer market for the upcoming season.

In:

15.06.15 Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid) - £25m

28.06.15 Kingsley Coman (Juventus) - £24m

14.07.15 Saúl (Atletico Madrid) - £14.5m

20.08.15 Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £1.4m

01.01.16 Marquinhos (PSG) - £40m

11.01.16 Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) - £12.5m

Total: £117m

Out:

09.06.15 Sebastian Coates (Crystal Palace) - £4m

11.06.15 José Enrique (Q.P.R.) - £5m

19.06.15 Adam Lallana (Manchester City) - £25.5m

01.07.15 Fabio Borini (Schalke 04) - £12m

05.07.15 Iago Aspas (Genoa) - £8.5m

05.07.15Tiago Ilori (Burnely) - £4.8m

10.07.15 Oussama Assaidi (Basel) - Loan

12.07.15 Joe Allen (Dortmund) - £18m

31.07.15 Luis Alberto (Wigan) - Free

16.08.15Andre Wisdom (Burnley) - £2.5m

23.08.15 Dejan Lovren (Wolfsburg) - £18.25m

01.09.15 Jordon Ibe (Derby) - Loan

05.01.16 Lazar Markovic (Granada) - £11.75m

05.01.16 Suso (Tottenham) - Loan

13.01.16 Martin Ødegaard (Wolfsburg) - Loan

Total: £111m

I've set up a game now to give it a go. might help me get really into a save as I wont be able to make massive changes straight away (8 players in and 8 out)

I've set up Stevie's move to LA Galaxy and given Wilson, Ibe, Chirivella & Ilori PA boosts to give them a proper chance of making it through to the first team (set all to 165) no CA changes.

also put a recall option on IBE's loan deal

I have done this too. :)

It gives me the real chance of getting a good core of young players to develop at the club instead of relying on buying a vast amount of players.

I have also given Rossiter and Sinclair the same PA boost.

Anyway, I have resumed playing as Liverpool again after a few tactical tests with various clubs and I'm really happy with the results I have gained.

I also feel that this time around, I have a lot better knowledge for Liverpool in this version, including who to buy and who to sell and how to keep everyone happy.

I have chosen not to set Gerrard for release as, to be honest, I couldn't bring myself to do it. :(

So frustrated.

Leading EPL with one game to go, going to have a score 95 points to win the league, wtf??

Cup games were all going good, but in latter stages against top teams like Man U, Chelsea etc, they turn into god like teams? 8-0 loss to Man United, I never got a shot on goal, ??? How the!!

Edit: Won EPL with 95 pts, and only won on GD..

Started again..

First time I formatted PC and forgot to back up :(

Second time I left editor on, I dislike the temptation so I restarted and left it off!

First season.

IN

Tielemans ($14.4m)

Boye ($4.7m)

Balanta ($5m)

Romero ($6.75m)

Shaarawy ($32.5m)

OUT

Borini ($8.5m)

- First game of season against Everton, won 3-1 with Sturridge, Balotelli and Sterling hitting the scoreboard. We had 21 shots to 9, most of theirs from distance, only 2 on target for them!

So frustrated.

Leading EPL with one game to go, going to have a score 95 points to win the league, wtf??

Cup games were all going good, but in latter stages against top teams like Man U, Chelsea etc, they turn into god like teams? 8-0 loss to Man United, I never got a shot on goal, ??? How the!!

Edit: Won EPL with 95 pts, and only won on GD..

this would make you want to replay the game, not to win but for a more realistic result

In half way through the 3rd season, just sold Origi to Bayern for 50 mils, still have some good strikers in my team, but need some youngster for back up. Can u guys suggest some names ? Thanks

Don't know if you still need help but here are some good young strikers mentioned in this thread:

- Carlos Fierro

- Paulo Dybala

- Lucas Boye

- Luka Jovic

- Gabriel Barbosa

- Domenico Berardi

On that note, that's a really good price for Origi. That being said, I can't wait to try him in the second season which is why I'm not going to be buying any strikers for the first team this time around.

I'm trying my absolute best not to overload the team with players.

On that note, that's a really good price for Origi. That being said, I can't wait to try him in the second season which is why I'm not going to be buying any strikers for the first team this time around.

I'm trying my absolute best not to overload the team with players.

hi mate, can you show us your tactical set up please? including TIs and PIs

this would make you want to replay the game, not to win but for a more realistic result

Was the save I left editor on anyway, so restarted.

New season going ok. Playing with tactics. I want to use 2 strikers, but due to team makeup, I want two attacking wingers too, but there is near to no tactics out there to suit how I want to play. I make my own tactic and for some reason they are never as good..

Must be doing something wrong.

Was the save I left editor on anyway, so restarted.

New season going ok. Playing with tactics. I want to use 2 strikers, but due to team makeup, I want two attacking wingers too, but there is near to no tactics out there to suit how I want to play. I make my own tactic and for some reason they are never as good..

Must be doing something wrong.

I want to fit Coutinho & Sterling into a starting team so i'm playing a 433 with AML & AMR but I think once I get through season 1 i'll revert back to my tweaked formation with the AMR moved to a striker position and playing as a False 9. It was working really well but means only 1 of PC & RS can start as neither really suit the F9 role

the only good thing about that is me AML position is never going to be weak with those 2 roatating and I think i'll leave Ibe as 3rd choice in that position.

no transfers save crashed so started again but put transfers active again as I need to make it my team to keep interest in the game. Suso will be moving to Milan in Jan and Gerrard is off to LA Galaxy at the end of the season.

Archived