FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can someone recommend me an anchor man, someone like Patrick Viera, I need a destroyer with some heading ability for that position, I can spend around 40M. but he needs to be ready for first team.

Viera wasn't an anchorman though.;)

Yeah actually, you know what? Coutinho as an ST and Suso as a CM would be a better choice. Thanks for that.

The funny thing is, the striker spots are probably the only spots that I feel that I don't really need anymore starters in. Apart from the wide men, I have Sturridge, Balotelli and Lambert to start, Sinclair as a potential development project and Origi coming back next summer.

Although he is a great suggestion, Origi is in the same potentially world class bracket as Munir is and I don't see the point in spending the money when I have what I need already.

Munir is not that much money and he is better than all those names you mentioned. Except Origi, I don't know him yet because I'm still in season 1. I plan to sell Markovic once Origi is back from his loan for the next season.

You know what? I'll buy him. I haven't tried him yet and I definitely don't mind taking the word of others.

I actually just realised that he's only 18 as well, I didn't even look properly before. I thought he was 20/21. :lol:

You know what? I'll buy him. I haven't tried him yet and I definitely don't mind taking the word of others.

I actually just realised that he's only 18 as well, I didn't even look properly before. I thought he was 20/21. :lol:

There you go.:D

Smart move.;)

Not been on here in a while as I'm doing a long save where I started unemployed with no qualifications and sunday league experience.

Just won my first Bundesliga title with Werder Bremen after 5 years of being here in year 2023 :D

Anyway, if anybody wants screen shots of a certain player I'd be more than willing to let you have a look

I tried every trick on the book to lure Ruben Neves, but Porto doesn`t negotiate, they want the release clause amount which is 51M Euros. he is unhappy, wants to come to me. but they dont care, and I just bought Lloris from Spurs and cant afford the release clause

anymore.

Yes, I noticed him in second season, he has a clause of 51M plus agent owns 10% or 20% something, fee is too much for an 18 years old. I just couldnt convince myself to go ahead with it. think i will retrain Hendo to that position. good news i Bought Lloris and Lamela from spurs. and Lamela has been awesome, picked up player of the year award.

f01ac109c409024d558114662e9469e7.png

Unda is a potentially world class goalkeeper from Osasuno who I unearthed.

Missing transfer outs are Glen Johnson to Real Madrid (:lol:), Lucas to Arsenal and Borini to Spurs.

I have Odegaard coming in the winter as well.

Vallejo is a back up centre back, potentially star premier league player.

Balanta is the obvious new starting centre back.

Munir was bought on recommendation. Will play easy league games and cup games.

Unda is my new back up 'keeper

Piovi is a potentially star premier league left back - rotating with Moreno.

Romero is a starting DM, potentially world class. Will rotate at DM with Can and Gerrard.

Traore is cheap as all hell and I will probably rotate him with Sterling and Markovic.

Tielemans is a potentially world class CM - will rotate with the BBMs.

Ruben Neves is a potentially world class DM/CM who I will rotate with the DM and CM spots.

I'm pretty happy with the new squad depth of the team. They will all play a part in the league this year, but I'm also going to try and develop the likes of Rossiter and Sinclair if possible.

I'm projecting to let Gerrard run out his contract if he doesn't accept a back up role at the club and let him retire and also projecting the sales of Balotelli (replaced by Origi), Lambert (not needed) and Lallana (not needed) next summer. After that, it's possible I won't make a single transfer until I need to replace Mignolet when he ages, but I will always look out for English under 16s to fill up my youth team with.

I'm undecided on my tactics at the moment, whether I want a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4-1 as my tactic to build the squad around, so I won't post anything of that yet.

f01ac109c409024d558114662e9469e7.png

Unda is a potentially world class goalkeeper from Osasuno who I unearthed.

Missing transfer outs are Glen Johnson to Real Madrid (:lol:), Lucas to Arsenal and Borini to Spurs.

I have Odegaard coming in the winter as well.

Vallejo is a back up centre back, potentially star premier league player.

Balanta is the obvious new starting centre back.

Munir was bought on recommendation. Will play easy league games and cup games.

Unda is my new back up 'keeper

Piovi is a potentially star premier league left back - rotating with Moreno.

Romero is a starting DM, potentially world class. Will rotate at DM with Can and Gerrard.

Traore is cheap as all hell and I will probably rotate him with Sterling and Markovic.

Tielemans is a potentially world class CM - will rotate with the BBMs.

Ruben Neves is a potentially world class DM/CM who I will rotate with the DM and CM spots.

I'm pretty happy with the new squad depth of the team. They will all play a part in the league this year, but I'm also going to try and develop the likes of Rossiter and Sinclair if possible.

I'm projecting to let Gerrard run out his contract if he doesn't accept a back up role at the club and let him retire and also projecting the sales of Balotelli (replaced by Origi), Lambert (not needed) and Lallana (not needed) next summer. After that, it's possible I won't make a single transfer until I need to replace Mignolet when he ages, but I will always look out for English under 16s to fill up my youth team with.

I'm undecided on my tactics at the moment, whether I want a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4-1 as my tactic to build the squad around, so I won't post anything of that yet.

Good move on Vallejo. I got him on my save too. He is my backup for Skrtel, he is playing and developing well.

I use Romero primarily as my starting CM but he also sees some minutes at DM occasionally.

If you are wondering about a tactic, look up my post on the previous page.....it's a variation on the 4-3-3.;)

Cruising in season 2.

De Sciglio and Alaba are two big signings, they are both awesome!

Alaba is actually my playmaker in the midfield.

Suso and Origi are simply amazing thus far.

Edit: Sick of 3 goal leads get piddled away within 5 minutes..

Had major fall about with Balotelli, his time is over with Liverpool.

Shaarawy had a cry he was not getting game time, planning to sell Balotelli, so his game time will increase. Played him next game anyway.

He scored 5, as we beat Arsenal 6-3..

Good move on Vallejo. I got him on my save too. He is my backup for Skrtel, he is playing and developing well.

I use Romero primarily as my starting CM but he also sees some minutes at DM occasionally.

If you are wondering about a tactic, look up my post on the previous page.....it's a variation on the 4-3-3.;)

Wish I had got Vallejo in the first season but Barca was too quick. He looks like a machine, but Barca won't take less than 20 something million.

Anyways turns out after a few drinks yesterday I signed Leon Goretzka for 41M to come at the end of the season. Luckily he's a machine and still has development left so it may be worth it.

BoobyBlah, the mainly reason why I think my other save was corrupted was because I played on it the night before when drunk and I used task manager to end the game instead of exiting out. But in that time, I signed Paul Pogba to come into the club for £40 million and something like £87 million over 48 months. :lol:

Yeah, I really like the look of Vallejo. I bought him in my last save but loaned him out straight away, which I regret.

Romero is amazing. I'm currently considering having him as my starting box-to-box midfielder because of the way he has been playing in pre-season.

At the moment, I have one tactic that I have been trying out and it looks to be working very well now that it's fluid. And I would post a screenshot but for some reason, Gyazo is being a pain in the arse. Again.

d58a946cb4699163429dfe612224632d.png

A truly world class performance for the opening game of the season. Suso got four assists as well.

My tactic is set up like this at the moment:

f0135819142b4a95aeeeef6010a04337.png

(Overload, Very Fluid)

Although it's a very aggressive tactic, it still is pretty defensively solid and the wingers run absolutely riot, dealing long, low passes to the striker in very good positions. Sturridge's withdrawn position tends to draw a centre back out of position and he is more than fast enough to run past and score from deep. Same with the wingers - the full backs are drawn out of position because the wingers cut inside, retrieve a pass from the overlapping team mate at wing back and destroy defences.

It's a very similar outlook to what I was doing last year but with two strikers.

It's not a tiki-taka style tactic that's going to get you 60% possession per game, but it's effective.

My tactic is set up like this at the moment:

f0135819142b4a95aeeeef6010a04337.png

(Overload, Very Fluid)

Although it's a very aggressive tactic, it still is pretty defensively solid and the wingers run absolutely riot, dealing long, low passes to the striker in very good positions. Sturridge's withdrawn position tends to draw a centre back out of position and he is more than fast enough to run past and score from deep. Same with the wingers - the full backs are drawn out of position because the wingers cut inside, retrieve a pass from the overlapping team mate at wing back and destroy defences.

It's a very similar outlook to what I was doing last year but with two strikers.

It's not a tiki-taka style tactic that's going to get you 60% possession per game, but it's effective.

Both your tactics look good Yonko and Sabine. Couthinho as DLF with Raumd's should produce some good chanses. Are you still defensivly solid Sabine?

Last update for the first season.

2nd in the league with 7 games to go. Arsenal in 1st with 70 pts, we're second with 66 and Chelsea is 3rd with 65 pts (& Man U 4th with 58). We've scored the most, and conceded second to least (one goal more than Arsenal) in the league so far. But still having problems with to many draws. Arsenal have no real difficult games left but hopefully they can drop the ball.

In CL we beat Dortmund in the first knockout 6-2 on agg (Monaco knocked out Real Madrid...). Drew Arsenal in the Quarter final.

Facing Oldham in the semi final of the FA cup but got knocked out by Arsenal in the 4th round of the League cup.

Had a decent amount of injuries, mostly Sturrdige and Lallana, but at the moment only Munir is out. So hopefully we can keep fit and happy and get a good run going these last months.

Also been conceding a lot of penelties (and getting some as well) even though I never use 'get stuck in', instead mostly 'stay on feet' and rarely hard tackling. Never had this problem on earlier versions of FM. Anyone else had this issue?

So just over half way in season 3. 115 goals scored (98 excluding 2 world club champ). 23 goals conceded. 36 games played. Won Charity Shield, Super Cup an World Club. Top of Prem by 4 points. Just beat Spurs 4-1 at theirs in League Cup Semi. Have a FA Cup 3rd round replay against Man City coming up.

Using Sir Goalalot tactic from FM Base. As can be seen from the stats, it lives up to its name! I have only just reached Fluid in tactic as well, with passing still only accomplished.

No player in squad averages below 7, with Sterling averaging over 8 due to his 15 assists and 11 goals. I play him AMC (Shadow Striker) and he is terrifying. Mario is top GS with 22 from 18(6) appearances. Sturridge just back from long term injury and has 8 from 7(1) so far. 2nd top scorer is Enes Unal with 12 from 2(13). He really is a fantastic super sub! I bought him for 4.5m in 1st transfer window and has a finishing of 16. Currently a good striker for Prem League, potential to be a star. Only 19 at present.

So just over half way in season 3. 115 goals scored (98 excluding 2 world club champ). 23 goals conceded. 36 games played. Won Charity Shield, Super Cup an World Club. Top of Prem by 4 points. Just beat Spurs 4-1 at theirs in League Cup Semi. Have a FA Cup 3rd round replay against Man City coming up.

Using Sir Goalalot tactic from FM Base. As can be seen from the stats, it lives up to its name! I have only just reached Fluid in tactic as well, with passing still only accomplished.

No player in squad averages below 7, with Sterling averaging over 8 due to his 15 assists and 11 goals. I play him AMC (Shadow Striker) and he is terrifying. Mario is top GS with 22 from 18(6) appearances. Sturridge just back from long term injury and has 8 from 7(1) so far. 2nd top scorer is Enes Unal with 12 from 2(13). He really is a fantastic super sub! I bought him for 4.5m in 1st transfer window and has a finishing of 16. Currently a good striker for Prem League, potential to be a star. Only 19 at present.

Great season! Good goals but with 23 conceded in 36 it sounds like you're doing pretty well in defense as well. Thumps up!

Great season! Good goals but with 23 conceded in 36 it sounds like you're doing pretty well in defense as well. Thumps up!

I really cannot recommend the tactic enough!

Most of the goals I have conceded have been from 1 or 2 shots a game - obviously annoying given I dominate - and there have been two games where I have conceded 3. One a draw, one a 4-3 extra time win.

Season 1 review

It was a year to remember domestically with all 3 trophies coming to anfield

LC was won beating arsenal 3-1 after ET

Fa cup arrived with a 2-0 win over Stoke

PL title was won with 2 games to, Everton and Chelsea ran us close all season

CL we lost in the 2nd rd to shaktar, 5-1 loss away before a 3-0 home win which left us out on 5-4

Sturridge and balotelli got plenty of goals but balotellis complaining left it impossible to think about keeping him

Have already sold mario for 70m over 24 months to city

I signed Martin Ødegaard at the start of the game.

I'm now in my 3rd Season and he's showing as unavailable for the Champions League?

I didn't register him as he's still under 21...

I've got 6/8 homegrown players registered with 4 unregistered spaces

Any ideas why he is unavailable?

Thanks

Wow! He came on in the 63rd min and scored in the 66th and 69th min? (And 77th & 88th as well). That's crazy! :)

Yup! Balotelli was having a nightmare of a game, so I subbed him off for Munir (Sturridge being unfit) and he completely whitewashed them. :cool:

To answer your other question by the way - the tactic really isn't that defensively secure yet, probably because a lot of my defensive players are still developing, but once Balanta, Flanagan, Piovi and Manquillo are fully developed, I'll report back.

I started a new save, as always I tried to sell Borini to raise some cash. Leiceser, made an offer and I accepted much to my dismay he rejected them. I was left fuming and cursing. Anyhow suddenly all my strikers got injured, I had to put Borini on. He scored a

hattrick. and he started producing from then on. Whilst he is transfer listed on last day of january transfer window, real madrid offered 30m plus 30% of profit from next sale. what shall I do? my strikers are out injured but offer is good and I need cash. Munir

signed a contract so I can not sign him. but the offer is good.

I started a new save, as always I tried to sell Borini to raise some cash. Leiceser, made an offer and I accepted much to my dismay he rejected them. I was left fuming and cursing. Anyhow suddenly all my strikers got injured, I had to put Borini on. He scored a

hattrick. and he started producing from then on. Whilst he is transfer listed on last day of january transfer window, real madrid offered 30m plus 30% of profit from next sale. what shall I do? my strikers are out injured but offer is good and I need cash. Munir

signed a contract so I can not sign him. but the offer is good.

Sell Him..

Sterling cna play as Striker if he is not injured.

Who else is in your team?

What about U21's?

Aspas?

Sinclair?

If you still have time in transfer window, say yes to Borini and grab someone!!

Berardi

Cerri

Benzia

Ewandro

James Wilson

Lucan Boye (star player)

Volland

El Shaarawy

Icardi

Lacazette

Had a pretty average second season. Won the league and Capital One Cup, but got knocked out in everything else.

Here's the season stats, with Bernd Leno and Manquillo missing.

9d0vDLy.png

Pereyra will be gone, with Goretzka replacing him. Probs a couple more outs too.

starting season 2 and getting the squad revamp with a lot of sales of the returning loan players and a few major stars from season 1

have gotten nearly 200m in from sales due to balotelli going for 70m to City. most of that is over 24 months

Emre Can has caused me a few problems. After retraining him to be a CB hes had his head turned by PSG and wants to leave. so I've agreed to sell him for 24.5m and ive a deal done to replace him with John Stones as I've wanted to annoy the Bitters by taking him off them and he gives me another English player. Also looking at Joe Gomez as a 4th choice (LC & poor Fa cup games)

at the start of august and the players out are

Mignolet, Lovern, Flanagan, Peruzzi, Balotelli, Suso, lallana, Markovic, Aspas, Alberto, Coates, Wisdom, Assaidi

Players in

Jeronimo Rulli

Davide Santon

Callum Chambers

John Stones

Lucas Romero

Lucas Silva

Gabriel Barbosa

was hoping to get Kovacic but he signed a new deal right at the end of the window. was gutted as he would of accepted a contract of 64k a week, now any deal will mean over 100k

team for season 2

GK: Horn, Rulli

RB: Chambers, manquillo

LB: Moreno, Santon

CB: Sahko, Balanta, Stones

DM: Stevie, Neves, Romero

CM: Verratti, Henderson, Lucas Silva, Teilmans, Chirivella

AML: Sterling, Coutinho, Ibe, Odegaard

ST: Sturridge, Lacazette, Origi, Barbosa

just need another CB but i'd prefer it to be a young player who will develop. have a couple of regens in the U21s now as well

Sell Him..

Sterling cna play as Striker if he is not injured.

Who else is in your team?

What about U21's?

Aspas?

Sinclair?

If you still have time in transfer window, say yes to Borini and grab someone!!

Berardi

Cerri

Benzia

Ewandro

James Wilson

Lucan Boye (star player)

Volland

El Shaarawy

Icardi

Lacazette

I sold lambert at the beginning of january window. mario and sturridge should be available within a month, so i guess i will sell borini. and try sterling in that role. aspas and sinclair are out on loan. i will bid for ruben neves before he signs a new conrtact and become

more expensive.

I sold lambert at the beginning of january window. mario and sturridge should be available within a month, so i guess i will sell borini. and try sterling in that role. aspas and sinclair are out on loan. i will bid for ruben neves before he signs a new conrtact and become

more expensive.

you cant turn that money down for Borini. amazing bid.

Try lacazette or Barbosa to replace him, you might even get 1 of them and Neves for Borini

I had to accept it, i was rdy accept leicester bid around 10m in the summer, 30m was a huge bonus.

i gotten neves and odeggard, seems he was transferred to brondy so had to pay 5m for him as well. bank balance is on negative so couldnt get a striker but will try to adjust with sterling now.

neves on his debut scores an own goal :)

I had to accept it, i was rdy accept leicester bid around 10m in the summer, 30m was a huge bonus.

i gotten neves and odeggard, seems he was transferred to brondy so had to pay 5m for him as well. bank balance is on negative so couldnt get a striker but will try to adjust with sterling now.

neves on his debut scores an own goal :)

I've used sterling as an F9 and other have had some joy with coutinho playing that rols as well.

oh boy the only player who wasnt injured this season, was mignolet and now he is gone for the rest of the season, and i got real madrid QF games coming up, stuck with brad jones who hasnt started a single game... guess this is it for me this season. will try to secure a 3rd place finish.

Last update for the first season.

2nd in the league with 7 games to go. Arsenal in 1st with 70 pts, we're second with 66 and Chelsea is 3rd with 65 pts (& Man U 4th with 58). We've scored the most, and conceded second to least (one goal more than Arsenal) in the league so far. But still having problems with to many draws. Arsenal have no real difficult games left but hopefully they can drop the ball.

In CL we beat Dortmund in the first knockout 6-2 on agg (Monaco knocked out Real Madrid...). Drew Arsenal in the Quarter final.

Facing Oldham in the semi final of the FA cup but got knocked out by Arsenal in the 4th round of the League cup.

Had a decent amount of injuries, mostly Sturrdige and Lallana, but at the moment only Munir is out. So hopefully we can keep fit and happy and get a good run going these last months.

Also been conceding a lot of penelties (and getting some as well) even though I never use 'get stuck in', instead mostly 'stay on feet' and rarely hard tackling. Never had this problem on earlier versions of FM. Anyone else had this issue?

I have just had a question in press about being the side that commits the most fouls and receives the most cards in Prem League.

But then again, all my players have hard tackling as an individual instruction!

Players with high tackling skill a must for the tactic I use :) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived