FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How you get 100m??

Second year I usually get 20m.

I honestly don't know why it is so much :D

I started a new game unemployed and holidayed for a season. Then retired and added a new manager (you know, that old chestnut).

Liverpool finished 5th, but won the Europa League. That wasn't enough for the board who sacked Rodgers, so I took the helm - transfer budget at season start was set at £102m with a wage budget of £2,500,000 p/w (was spending £2,150,000 p/w).

My immediate task was clearing out the big wages and slashing that weekly outlay.

Released 34 players on free transfers, and also saved a buttload in wages by offloading:

Gerrard retired, saves £140,000 p/w

Touré retired, saves £70,000 p/w

Sold Johnson to Man City, saves £110,000 p/w

Sold Borini to Gelsenkirchen, saves £40,000 p/w

Sold Luis Alberto and Sebastian Coates to Q.P.R, saving about £60,000 p/w

Sold Lambert to Stoke, saves £50,000 p/w

Sold Enriqué to Espanyol, saves £45,000 p/w

Total transfer fees: £9.25m

Then I bought:

Asmir Begovic £9m, 5yr contract @ £50,000 p/w

Carl Jenkinson (season loan) £30,000 p/w

So I increased the transfer budget by £250,000 and brought the wage budget down to £1,590,000 p/w (the board are already very happy with that).

I do have a couple of players wanting improved contracts (Sterling, Can, Coutinho) but they want silly money with huge signing on fees, enormous agent fees, and a ton of bonuses. They aren't getting them. They're all on long contracts already and I will sell them before quadrupling their money :)

My only issue is this enormous transfer budget. I get the feeling I should make 1 or 2 big signings. But I do have a strong squad, with good depth. Of course, if I get to October/November and we are struggling, I might regret not buying a few top players.

I just hate spending big wages :D

Here is the squad:

FM%20Squad_zpsh5fpwcsf.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Does anyone play Football Manager in luxury such as this?

RlIaMTRh.jpg

34" Wide screen and a 27" on the side, so nice to watch Liverpool kick butt on it..

12 games in and I am 10 win and 2 draws.

Not sure if it is a bug or not, but when you get youth intake, search all EPL and Championship clubs manually, anyone that looks like they are going to be good, sign them ASAP (on that day), you pay probably $500k for the better ones, I landed 5-6 world class potential players out of 10 or so I signed, spent no more than $5-6mil and now have steady youth to come through.

Hey! I am looking into buying a 3440x1440 monitor. Does that work well with fm16?

Archived