FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Chelsea put a bid in then city were interested so I offered 23M after selling them Allen and they accepted mine rejected their 22M.

Just had a 6M upfront, 14M over 48monthe offer accepted for Son Heung-Min - worth going for or?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chelsea put a bid in then city were interested so I offered 23M after selling them Allen and they accepted mine rejected their 22M.

Just had a 6M upfront, 14M over 48monthe offer accepted for Son Heung-Min - worth going for or?

Never tried him. Bit low on mental stats but good pace and acc. Depends on your other options on ML I suppose.

Christ.... had a bid of 40M turned down. 2nd season though, and A Wenger hates me for talking him down in some way. Makes me laugh a bit to be honest, I respect the man irl.

Never tried him. Bit low on mental stats but good pace and acc. Depends on your other options on ML I suppose.

Yeh, there was probably better I could of got, had no luck with Depay they were adamant on 40M at least usually can get him for 20! Hoping maybe it'll boost my fan base in South Korea though about to chose a afflicted club from there if the board give me the option.

Got Ibe to come back from loan aswell so guna have 4 quality home grown wingers! Need to get Balanta and Laporte to go along side Sakho in my second season. Hopefully manage to get both.

Just beat Benfica 3-0 at home in knockout stage first leg. Got Norwich in Carling Cup Final in 2 weeks. City in Fa Cup 6th round so need to win Carling as not confident I'll beat City away.

I edited in all the transfers to date for Liverpool.

In my game of all the new boys, Firminho is excellent, but also Clyne is great, but Danny Ings has been the biggest surprise. He has decent stats but he is consistently banging in 25+ goals a season for me.

Now worth about $25m, has multiple England caps and is attracting interest from top European clubs.

So that FA Cup tie I thought I'd lose.

6-1 against City. A Sturridge hatrick, James-Ward, Son-Heung & Sakho.

Just beat Benfica 6-2 on agg to qualify for CL quarters.

Oh and Sturridge wants to leave because the board won't up my budget to offer his wages.

So that FA Cup tie I thought I'd lose.

6-1 against City. A Sturridge hatrick, James-Ward, Son-Heung & Sakho.

Just beat Benfica 6-2 on agg to qualify for CL quarters.

Oh and Sturridge wants to leave because the board won't up my budget to offer his wages.

Good job. Sticking with the 3142? Seems like an interesting formation.

I edited in all the transfers to date for Liverpool.

In my game of all the new boys, Firminho is excellent, but also Clyne is great, but Danny Ings has been the biggest surprise. He has decent stats but he is consistently banging in 25+ goals a season for me.

Now worth about $25m, has multiple England caps and is attracting interest from top European clubs.

Did the same and also tried an unofficial data update but it seemed too unrealistic to me and I lost interest. Cool that its working out for you, and surprising to see Dings doing that well!

Good job. Sticking with the 3142? Seems like an interesting formation.

Yeh I've played around with the 3142 & 2323 - a mate suggested them, but work boss. No idea how tbh haha. 16 instructions to go with it aswell. Will post it up here at some point.

I updated to Win 10, had wireless issues, so then reformatted and went back to Win 8.1, but forgot to back up saves.

So re-started.

Only allowed to sign players that Liverpool have signed in real life. Up until start of 15/16 season at end of transfer window.

After a slow start to season 2 I'm back on track bad news is I have no laptop it's been repaired the fan is making noises & need a new one hope I get it back soon oh well Xbox & Ps for the time being :D

Transfers for second season completed... Decided to renew Skrtels contract and cancel the transfer for Mustafi.

IN:

Kevin Strootman 37M

Dani Carvajal 29,5M

Kevin Volland 25M

Mauro Icardi 14M

Eder Alvarez Balanta 8,5M

Tiziano Tulizzi 1,2M (transfer by head of youth)

Dwayne Miller 575K (DC regen)

Total: 116M

OUT:

Lazar Markovic to PSG for 33,5M (amazing deal!)

Andre Ayew to Real Madrid for 17,75M (amazing)

Lucas Leiva to Shaktar for 16,25M

Dejan Lovren to Inter for 13,5M

Fabio Borini to Newcastle for 9M (!)

Iago Aspas to Torino for 7,5M

Jose Enrique to Stoke for 7,5M

Sebastian Coates to Burnley for 1,5M

Total: 107M

Net spending of only 9M and with Gerrard off to LA and Kolo retiring my squad is more streamlined and much stronger. Looking forward to next season!

Season 2 begins.

Won the league by 2 points and the Champions League after a tough match against Chelsea winning 2-1. Battered Shakhtar 7-1 on agg in quarters. And Arsenal 10-3 on agg in the semis.

The board were stingy and only have me 28M to spend! That's to win the league again.

Ins:

Martin Odegaard - 34M

Shkodran Mustafi - 20M

Marco Icardi - 14.25M

Saido Berahino - 12.5M

Lorenzo Insigne - 12M

Eden Balanta - 6.5M

Ours:

Lovren - 19.75M

Skrtel - 9.5M

Moreno - 8.5M

Llori - 8.25M

Lambert - 1.1M

Busy window. Some nice additions.

Flying as England manager too, won every game so far and using a young squad. Mostly my players tbh.

Season 2 begins.

Won the league by 2 points and the Champions League after a tough match against Chelsea winning 2-1. Battered Shakhtar 7-1 on agg in quarters. And Arsenal 10-3 on agg in the semis.

The board were stingy and only have me 28M to spend! That's to win the league again.

Ins:

Martin Odegaard - 34M

Shkodran Mustafi - 20M

Marco Icardi - 14.25M

Saido Berahino - 12.5M

Lorenzo Insigne - 12M

Eden Balanta - 6.5M

Ours:

Lovren - 19.75M

Skrtel - 9.5M

Moreno - 8.5M

Llori - 8.25M

Lambert - 1.1M

Busy window. Some nice additions.

Flying as England manager too, won every game so far and using a young squad. Mostly my players tbh.

Nice transfers, let me know how Shkodran M work out for you. I was so close to signing him, but backed out last minute.

Lovren sucked? ;)

Always get Odegaard second season and play him every game. Ends up a 5star player and his favourite club is Liverpool which is boss ;)

Ye i think we went for him though, but Real probably put too good an offer on the table. Honestly think his development would be better at Liverpool. But who knows now with Rafa as boss? Odegaard is all the hype here in Norway, but it has calmed down a bit.

Will do mate, I just can't seem to warm to Lovren even in real life but he was poor most the season so thought I'd cash in.

Yeh he'd of been boss for us. Well, potentially! Reckon Rafa will help him then maybe offer him a chance to play for us ;) Can only hope ey!

Just started my 4th season. Season 3 was the watershed moment, won the FA Cup and League (at a canter). Somehow lost 5-2 against Barca in the Champions League final. I dominated possession about 60/40, had about 25 shots to their 8. Suarez got 4 goals in the first half and it was all over.

Squad is looking like this:

Jeronimo Rulli

Martin Hansen (full HG, cheap and not terrible)

Nathaniel Clyne

Jon Flanagan

Jonathan Silva

Kieran Gibbs

Jonathan Tah

Jesus Vallejo

Tiago Ilori

Joost van Aken

Jordan Henderson

Josh Kimmich

Aaron Kuhl

Lucas Silva

Youri Tielemans

Georges Hotz (first regen to break into my first team squad, Iniesta-esque Swiss u21)

Raheem Sterling

Jordon Ibe

Philippe Coutinho

Guido Vadala

Danny Sturridge

Carlos (from Atletico Mineiro)

Luka Jovic

Hervin Ongenda

Mbaye Niang

Generally field a variation of 4-3-3, occasionally a diamond against awkward teams.

I sold a lot of big players in the summer just gone -

Lovren - Southampton £10m. Was always OK, but complained a lot.

Lallana - Hertha BSC £10m. Just never got into the team.

Markovic - Freiburg £8m. Same as Lallana.

Allen - Stoke £8m. Same again.

Emre Can - Juve £29m. Rarely started, too good an offer to turn down.

Origi - PSG £32m. LOL. Negotiated up from £20m and they went for it straightaway. 12 goals in 21 games for me last season, decent enough player.

Sakho - Arsenal £25m. We fell out big time after he got a red card vs Chelsea in February. He sat in the u21s since that. Didn't really want to sell domestically, but no-one else came in for him.

Gabriel Barbosa - Man City £58m. Release clause. He started asking to leave after about 6 months at the club. I had promised to let him go to Bayern if they met my valuation (ie the release clause), but no offer came him. City bumped up his wages from £40k/week to £170k. I had tried to renegotiate a contract several times, but got the dreaded red text box every time. Ah well.

Ongenda and Niang were free transfers who I envisage selling after a season or two for a but of profit, but will do nicely as back-up players for now - both can play up front or on the wing. Carlos was a £15m direct replacement for Gabby Barbosa. Aaron Kuhl just got relegated with Reading, but at £11m is a good replacement for Allen and Can. Joost van Aken is a big, strong, if slightly on the slow side CB who cost £6m from Heerenveen and will hopefully be a solid and non-whingy 4th choice.

First XI, normally

Rulli - top GK, but only has 2 years to go and wants me to double his wages. Not sure what to do. 20 clean sheets in 35 league games last season.

Clyne - top-rated player in the Champions League last season, just quality.

Tah - only 21 but an absolute beast. 6'4", pacy, built like a brick poophouse. Monster.

Vallejo - has slowly crept into my first XI having been signed for £1.1m as a shaky 17yo. Good passer, solid defender.

Silva - very nice to have height at full-back, and just overall quality.

Kimmich - signed for his mental stats, and you can see the difference with him in the team. Hard worker, composed, smart and a warrior.

Tielemans - Jesus Christ on a football pitch. 20yo and one of the best in the world. 48 assists in 2 league campaigns for me so far.

Captain Hendo - doesn't score or assist many (about 10-15 in total over a season), but never has to miss a game, and runs the midfield.

Ibe - much bigger goal threat than Sterling (24 in all comps last season). Just seems to be in the right place to score. Pacey, too.

Sterling - less direct than Ibe. His goals tend to be spectacular, his build up play is immense.

Sturridge - I'm hoping Carlos will be first choice, but he has missed the first few weeks of the season. Studge is solid and scores, but doesn't offer much else.

Carlos also scored from the halfway line on his debut in the Community Shield.

Has anyone else had Lucas Silva? I signed him for £3.9m after he spent one season at Castilla. After initially impressing, he has really dropped off. I've tried him as regista in my 4-3-3, Anchor in my diamond and CM BWM in a 4-2-3-1, and he can't cut it for me. He complains a lot about not getting first team football, and refuses to believe that Kimmich is in better form (their average ratings of about 6.6 vs 7ish beg to differ). His value hovers around £12-15m, and I have tried to sell him for around this price, but no-one's interested. He's now 3rd choice behind Kimmich and Kuhl. I don't like his £57k/week wages, but I'm still £1.3m/week under budget.

How my team sets up in the 2016-2017 season :

Rulli-Carvajal-Bartra-Mustafi-Rodriguez-Romero-Henderson-Sterling-Coutinho-Depay-Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Knoche, Kranevitter, Wijnaldum, Berahino, Emre Can, Calleri

Res: Schar, Acosta

The front 4 are frightening, especially Depay and Sterling. Calleri is also a very good player, scores regularly, Berahino aswell.

Hi guys! My first save on every FM is Liverpool (my team) but I always do terrible and get sacked. Normally in the first season!

So for FM15 I decided against doing Liverpool as my first save. I have not stuck to one save on FM15, regularly starting new saves with a different team and then ending up deleting previous saves as I'm not going back to it. Now I have decided to do Liverpool and hope my fortunes will change. This will be my last attempt at a save on FM15 and if it doesn't work I'll probably go back to FM14 until FM16 comes out.

Anyway, I decided to disable transfer budgets for the first season to make it more realistic and mainly so I can let my assman handle friendlies and get into the league campaign as soon as I possibly can.

Played two league games so far. beat Man City 2-1 at home on first game (fans were only 'satisfied', I'd be delighted!) but drew the second game 1-1 away at Burnley.

One final thing, set up an affiliation with Portsmouth. Had Championship teams as options but decided I could send out more players to League Two and players too good for League Two would get interest from higher clubs anyway. Sent out Ryan Kent, Cameron Brannagan, Samed Yesil and Lloyd Jones to Portsmouth.

Got my laptop back & im in season 2 what a start won my 1st 7 games & clean sheets in all 7 my GD was 20-0 then had a mini slump lost 2 games in a row to lowly teams including a 3-0 loss to Watford but I've recovered & only 1 pt behind Chelsea after 11 games.Milner scored the winner against Man city in one of my games :D

I'm playing some mesmerizing football with Lpool, to the point i think i'm exploiting the game, i'll post some screens with my tactic and lineup, i'm at work now.

In my first 2 seasons i didn't win the league, but won the UCL in my first one. But after that, i have won the league 6 times in a row and the UCL 5 times in a row, incredible, i think it is the biggest ammount of trophies i've won in such a short time since i'm playing FM, and i've been playing since 2001 if i remember correctly.

My team : Rulli-Carvajal-Bartra-Mustafi-Alaba-Romero/Emre Can-Henderson-Sterling-Coutinho-Depay-Calleri

Subs: Hojberg, Kranevitter, Richairo Zivkovic, Knoche, Kenedy + 2 regens.

The front 4 is really deadly, unplayable. Set up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with the following team instructions: pass into space, work ball into box, play out of defence, whipped crosses, run at defence, push higher up, higher tempo and be more expressive.

Depay as an inside forward provied over 20 goals and 20 assists every season.

Finshed season 2 no trophes lost Fa cup final to Southampton on pen finshed 2nd behind Chelsea who won the league for the 2nd time in a row im playing 4-3-1-2 formation with Sturridge & Benteke as my strikeforce Benteke was hot & cold ill give him another year then hes off if he does not improve

Edit: Just signed Kane from Spurs gonna sell Benteke now

Completed season 3 no trophies got to the final of the league cup & champions league finished 8th means no Europen football won't do full updates since it's not active here positive Kane scored 35 goals in all comps

Gee it's dead here bigtime guess most are waiting for FM 16

yeah just have no time to get into a game on 15 now. will just have to wait for FM16

will prob do 1 quick save once the window closes with an updated DB just to get me up to the new game tho as I bought a new laptop and want to see how well the game runs on it

Finally won my 1st trophy took me 4 seasons the FA Cup & lost only 1 game in 6 months but my poor start meant finished 2nd behind Chelsea back in CL & only got 8mill to spend ? What the ? Doubt I'll be signing anyone

Trophy Haul

FA cup:2018

I've just started a new game with Liverpool and finished the first season. However, I haven't got a new youth players intake in the whole year, not a single new regen. Is this a bug? Has anyone had the same issue?

I know the youth intake is supposed to be some day in March for English clubs, but I just didn't get it.

Season 5 won 3 trophies looks like my team is clicking lost Kane for 8 months means that Sturridge won his spot back scored over 30 goals but Origi was the star scored 48 goals in all comps

Trophy Haul

Premier league 2019

Fa cup 2018,2019

league cup 2019

Comm shield 2019

Started a new save. Wrote it all down then me birds iPhone decided to delete the note. I despise Apple products as much as the blue noses yano.

Will post it all tomorrow. Timo Werner though, what a player if you play him every game. Bangs a goal every game ratio.

So started a new game a few days back, coming up to the end of season 3, likely to win the league and champions league again!

Season 1

In:

Laporte £31M

Ward-Prowse £19.75M

Umtiti £15M

Meyer £13.5M

Lacazette £13M

Lucas Romero £9.25M

Bellarabi £4.5M

Klaus £4M

Butland £4M

Deaux £3.5M

Out:

Allen £15M

Lallana £12.75M

Lucas £11.75M

Moreno £10.25M

Skrtel £10M

Aspas £7.5M

Enrique £5.25M

Borini £5M

Johnson £4.9M

Season 2

In:

Brandt £15M

Werner £7.5M

Baheback £3.2M

Lucas Silva £3.1M

Out:

Balotelli £40M

Bellarabi £15M

Lovren £14.75M

Markovic £10M

Coates £3M

Season 3

In:

Berardi £45M

Praet £18.5M

Rulli £15M

Kempf £10M

Lorenzo £7M (Regan)

Aboubakar £4.5M

Out:

Lacazette £40

Coutinho £30M

Baheback £9.75M

Butland £9.25M

Luis Alberto £5

Deux £2.1M

Werner is sick, loaned him to Newcastle til Jan scored 18 in 19, recalled and he got 9 in 9, 3rd season and he's scored 24 in 22. That's just league matches!

Won the League and CL in 1st season. Won everything bar the FA Cup in 2nd season.

3-1-4-2 is the best tactic I've used. Every save I've smashed it, mate uses it with Everton and even he's winning everything!

Flanagan is one of the best RMs on the game after training him. Origi is a 4.5star player, one of the best players on the game.

Got some sick CB regen who's potential 5 star so playing him along side Sakho and Laporte. Llori has become a 4 star player too after being played a lot so I'll sell him for a profit or keep him and sell Umtiti and Sakho eventually.

Gk defend

CB defend

CB defend

CB defend

DM support

RM auto

CM support

CM auto

LM auto

ST deep lying forward support

ST advanced forward attack

More direct passing

Pass into space

Pump into box

Hit crosses early

Float crosses

Run at defence

Exploit the middle

Play narrower

Drop deeper

Stick to positions

Close down more

Stay on feet

Use tighter marking

Prevent short gk distribution

Much higher tempo

Be more disciplined

Standard - Flexible

Season 4 has started. Won charity shield. Lost super cup 4-2 by Rafa who's managing Man City.

In:

Rubén Neves £38.5M

Out:

Praet £20M

Meyer £20M

Umtiti 19.25M

Aboubaker £17.5M

Lucas Silva £15M

Mignolet £15M

Klaus £6.25M

Wilson £6.25M

Berisha £3.9M

Quiet summer for ins this season. Happy with me squad just needed a few deadwood gone. And that Neves is sick!

Season 5 begins.

In:

Icardi £5.75M

Dier £3.5M

Muniain £4.6M

And a few regens. Potential 4-5 star players.

Out:

Lucas Romero £45M

Lorenzo £32M (regen)

Kempf £15.25M

Sturridge £10M

Won the super cup, already knocked out carling cup, lost charity shield and won club championship.

Got Balanta coming in Jan for £22M.

Listed Laporte and Brandt. Hoping to double what I payed for them in Jan.

Archived