FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Staf i noticed you get a lot of crashes. why is that?

Also, has anyone else had much luck with Luka Jovic? for me he is awesome, but still second behind Zlatan!!

In my fourth season, won everything, now i have the FA CUP final and CL final to play for so this COULD be a clean sweap...

Going to sell Gotze at the end of the season, he just cant cut it for me. So inconsistent.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Staf i noticed you get a lot of crashes. why is that?

Also, has anyone else had much luck with Luka Jovic? for me he is awesome, but still second behind Zlatan!!

In my fourth season, won everything, now i have the FA CUP final and CL final to play for so this COULD be a clean sweap...

Going to sell Gotze at the end of the season, he just cant cut it for me. So inconsistent.

its more to do with the laptop I think. needs a full clean down and to have everything re-installed.

I normally back up my saves as I go along so it doesn't matter too much. have re started a couple due to me going a bit nuts on buying players and overloading the squad by the end of season 2.

this will be my last attempt before the update Is released and if I get it right i'll continue with it.

have made a number of signings but means I wont need to go made at the end of the season.

Back to give another rambling update on my save. In November 2017 and I now have my best squad to this point. Top of the league with 8W 2D 0L, 31 goals, 6 conceded. Only defeat this season was 0-1 away at Bayern in the CL, but that was the first game and after 4 games I'm top with 9 points.

Stand-out results have been 9-0 against Spartak Moscow, 7-1 against Newcastle, 7-0 against Arsenal and a 6-3 away at QPR in the League Cup with a team of kids.

My squad is like this, organised by what my assman considers their best position, and I'll add where else I play them:

GK - Jeronimo Rulli

GK - Mamadou Samassa - decent, cheap Senegalese international who I got on a free

DR - Matteo Darmian - can play anywhere in defence

DR - Jon Flanagan - occasionally plays on the left

DL - Alberto Moreno

DC - Eder Balanta

DC - Mamadou Sakho

DC - Andre Wisdom - has finally forced through his move, but I have an incredible regen lined up to take his place

DM - Kristoffer Ajer - also plays as a DLP(D) when I use a flat 3 midfield

MC - Lucas Romero - also plays DM

MC - Sascha Horvath - can play MR/L AMR/L/C and up front, but is back up for all positions

MC - Mateo Kovacic - occasionally plays AMC if I play 3-4-2-1 with two AMCs

MC - Captain Hendo

MC - Joe Allen

MC - Emre Can - also plays DMC, CB in a 3 man defence, and LB/LWB. AND HE'S AMAZING AT EVERYTHING.

AMR - Harry Wilson - will do a good job on either wing or up front

AMR - Lazar Markovic - same as Wilson

AML - Raheem Sterling - same again

AMC - Coutinho - plays up front or MC as a roaming playmaker

AMC - Martin Odegaard - same as Countiho

ST - Danny Sturridge

ST - Divock Origi

ST - Luke Jovic

Origi has 11 goals, Sturridge has 10, Kovacic, Wilson and Jovic all have 8. Other stand-out performers are:

Flanagan 8.14

Moreno 7.93

Wisdom 7.74 - just as he forces through a move he becomes undroppable

And I will, as ever, give a mention to Emre Can. He has an average rating of 7.54 from 14 games, his worst rating is 7.2, he has made 97 tackles and 98 interceptions and has 501/598 passes completed. His best role, for me, is as a BPD(X) in the middle of a back 3 against a deep-lying lone striker. He has dominated Lewandowski, Suarez, CRonaldo, Falcao and Aguero in recent memory in this role. He's incredible.

Having a fun time with this game.

Liverpool Season 1

Transfers

I didn’t do too much dealing in the transfer market as the squad is already quite large and I wanted to give the players a chance to prove themselves. Signed Khune as a back up to Mignolet and Odegaard who is one for the future. In January we brought in Romero as a long term replacement for Gerrard and signed Danny Ings from Burnley as I was going to allow Balotelli to leave. However Mario then went on a bit of a scoring run and ended up staying. I don’t think I sold anyone.

Competitions

We won the treble!! Unfortunately it didn’t include the Champions league. A tough group of Real Madrid, Juventus and Salzburg saw us finish in 3rd on 10 points level with Juventus but the 3-0 beating they gave us at Anfield put them through no the head to head record. A missed penalty by Sturridge in Madrid meant we lost when a draw would have been enough to see us through.

The Europa League wasn’t as comfortable as it should have been, 1st leg defeats away at Celtic and Besiktas left us with tough 2nd legs at Anfield that meant stronger teams were put out than I’d have liked. A Merseyside derby with Everton in the quarter finals and then Fiorentina in the semis didn’t prove much trouble meaning we would play Lille in the final. 1-0 down at half time the introduction of Danny Ings turned the game our way as he set up the equalizer before scoring a late winner.

3 days later we would play Chelsea in the FA Cup final were helped by 2 penalties we completed the 3rd leg of our treble 4-0.

The first trophy we had picked up was the premiership, going 1 place better than Brendan Rogers had managed the season before. It didn’t look likely when Man City won their first 10 games to open a big gap at the top and at Christmas I would have settled for a top 4 spot. However City’s form went out of the window, loosing 9 games in total, Chelsea and Arsenal were never in the hunt after a very poor start, Everton kept up the challenge but faded late on to end up 5th and with Ballotelli now firing we picked up ad started turning the draws into wins. Our record against the other big teams was outstanding and we lost only 4 games al season (Leicester, Hull, Stoke and QPR) meaning we secured the title with a game to spare.

Both Sturridge and Ballotelli scored over 20 goals but the player of the season went to Markovic who scored 14 and set up a further 11. I was disappointed with Sterlings contribution but he did have a few injuries which seemed to be a recurring theme! Sturridge kept picking up little knocks as did Coutinho and Sterling. Lallana picked up another 2 month injury in his second game back and then broke his leg before the end of the season but had looked good in the 10 or 12 games he played. I had played a 4-1-2-2-1 this season but with the amount of attacking players we have I think im going to look at a more attacking 4-2-3-1 for next season

Season 2

Transfers

Lots of players have left, mainly the guys who were out on loan last season. The first team players t leave where Johnson (couldn’t agree a contract at a reasonable wage) and Borini (couldn’t turn down 20 million for a back up player). I would have liked to have kept Wisdom but he wanted to join QPR when they came in for him.

All of this left me with around £100 million to spend but I want to give the youngsters a chance so haven’t gone too mad with the money. Clyne came in as a direct replacement for Johnson for £6.75 million on less than half the wages. I also tried getting Wanyama from Southampton but he went to Madrid and instead I picked up Krannviter, hopefully he and Romero can fill my central midfield spots for quite a few years. My final signing was Miranda from Athletico as I thought Lovren and Sakho just made a few too many mistakes. With Suso and Origi also returning from loan it leaves the squad looking like this

GK- Mignolet/Khune

RB- Clyne/Flanagan

LB- Moreno/Flanagan

CB- Miranda/Skertel/Lovren/Sakho

DM- Lucas/Kranvitter

CM- Romero/Henderson/Gerrard/Can

AM- Coutinho/Suso/Odegaard

RW- Markovic/Ibe

LW- Sterling/Lallana

ST- Sturridge/Balotelli/Ings/Origi

Season So Far

A total mixed bag. Lost 3-1 in the charity shield to Man City then beat Barcelona 5-0 in the European Super cup. In the Champions League we were again drawn with Real Madrid alongside Porto and Partizan. A 2-0 win in Madrid and a 1-0 home win against Partizan have put us in control of the group.

In the league however things aren’t so rosy. 8 points from 8 games has pretty much killed off our hopes of retaining the title already. Apart from a 7-1 hiding we gave Crystal Palace (after going behind) performances have been littered with goalkeeping errors and conceding late goals. The defeat to Man City and 3 of the 5 draws have all been due to conceding after the 88th minute.

I think im going to have to go back to last seasons tactics for the time being, Balotelli and Sturridge and both complaining about our poor form in the league and I cant really disagree with them. Injuries to Markovic and Sterling haven’t helped but Sakho and Mignolet might as well have had the opposition shirts on with some of the mistakes they’ve made. I think Mario might be off in January this year if he keeps moaning and I can find someone willing to pay £40 million. Aim for the season now is 4th place.

This game gets on my nerves was playing Watford i had 36 shots on goal they had only 3 lost the game 1-0 ive decided im now gonna wait for the new update to come out & start a long term save then

Reload game and do it again.

Unless that is not in your nature, I generally don't do it, but I do see some really stupid results like yours...

Just about to finish 1st season and have confirmed 3rd place with 2 league games to go, just been beat by Bayer in champ league semis 4-1 was a good run beat PSG, and Juventus before them

My finances are shocking currently 9m in red hopefully get better once get all prem league and champ league money in, as for transfers i bought Yarmelenko, Cliase, Balanata, sold Borini, Lambert, Skurtle, and Lucas spent 29m and made 28m and most my transfers were over 48 months. Looks like payong back the loan repayments hitting me harder than expected

Sterling, Balotelli and Sturridge all on 15 plus goals for league been rotating while Gerrard has chipped in with 10 mostly from set peices decided to keep him 1 more year

Just about to finish 1st season and have confirmed 3rd place with 2 league games to go, just been beat by Bayer in champ league semis 4-1 was a good run beat PSG, and Juventus before them

My finances are shocking currently 9m in red hopefully get better once get all prem league and champ league money in, as for transfers i bought Yarmelenko, Cliase, Balanata, sold Borini, Lambert, Skurtle, and Lucas spent 29m and made 28m and most my transfers were over 48 months. Looks like payong back the loan repayments hitting me harder than expected

Sterling, Balotelli and Sturridge all on 15 plus goals for league been rotating while Gerrard has chipped in with 10 mostly from set peices decided to keep him 1 more year

you can make good money in the summer before season 2. you have a lot of players returning from Loan deals who you wont be keeping in the squad. if they have had decent seasons you can get anywhere from 30-50m for the lot (assaidi, Alberto, Wisdom, Coates, Ilori)

I've also sold Balotelli for 70m after a good season. offered for 10m upfront and 60 over 24months and city might bite

you can make good money in the summer before season 2. you have a lot of players returning from Loan deals who you wont be keeping in the squad. if they have had decent seasons you can get anywhere from 30-50m for the lot (assaidi, Alberto, Wisdom, Coates, Ilori)

I've also sold Balotelli for 70m after a good season. offered for 10m upfront and 60 over 24months and city might bite

Yer i was hoping to sell few of the loan returns, 70m for Balotelli thats awesome deal he been good for me but sure if anythink over 30m came in i would sell

Yer i was hoping to sell few of the loan returns, 70m for Balotelli thats awesome deal he been good for me but sure if anythink over 30m came in i would sell

if he scored more than 15 goals you should get good money for him. ive had c couple of saves where I made over 150m in sales after the first season

Just finished my 2nd season with Liverpool. And again a really successful one, with more trophies to Anfield.

Premier League: 1st place with 93 points, 148-50 in goal difference

Capital One: Knockeout in 3rd round against Manchester City away

FA Cup: Winner, after beating Burnley 7-1 at Wembley

Champions League:Winner, after beating Shakhtar Donetsk 5-1 at San Siro

Community Shield:: Winner, after beating Manchester United on penalties

European Super Cup: 2nd place, after losing 2-1 against Bayern München

Club World Championship: Winner, after beating Gremio 5-3 in the final

Made some interesting transfers for the upcoming season, and a new all time high record signing.

In:

09.06.16 Callum Chambers (Arsenal) - £18m

28.07.16 Luka Jovic (PSV) - £15m

08.08.16 Paul Pogba (Juventus) - £75m

Out:

04.07.16 Oussama Assaidi (Stoke) - £6.25m

05.07.16 Suso (Norwich) - £14.5m

03.08.16 Mario Ballotelli (Man. City) - £40m

14.08.16 Lucas Silva (Napoli) - £30m

31.08.16 Martin Ødegaard (Inter Milan) - Loan

might actual start a save and holiday season 1. I keep getting p!ssed off with Lallana & Balotelli constantly moaning about not playing (after they start a match) just want to be able to sell them and not have the squad upset due to the moaning

Holidayed season 1

Liverpool finished 6th in the PL and lost both league cup and FA cup finals to Chelsea 3-0 and city 4-1

Gives me plenty to work with

Sure, but did you get a nice tan..? ;)

I'm ginger, can't get a tan. Nice shade of pink

Ah, yeah I hear you. Hope you at least got a pina colada then. Something to tell the players about when you get back, to motivate them for the coming season. 'If you work hard you might be a sucessful as me!'

Been playing FM15 since it came out, had several saves last up until 2020+.

First season on new save and I have finally got my own star player through youth intake, he is from Denmark but still!!

Edit: Playing Chelsea in regular EPL match, we win but it is close. Playing them in a FA Cup match, THEY PLAY LIKE GODS AND I GET SMASHED...

Edit 2: Scouting a young player, he has had no bids what so ever, after 2 weeks of scouting I decide he is worth buying, I bid, then next day all top 5 teams in EPL has bidded.. Da Fuq???

Edit 2: Scouting a young player, he has had no bids what so ever, after 2 weeks of scouting I decide he is worth buying, I bid, then next day all top 5 teams in EPL has bidded.. Da Fuq???

I smell a rat... Probably your scouts making some cash on the side by selling info. :/

Somehow, with $5mil left in the bank, I managed to sign 7 talented youngsters in mid March. Included Rotariu and Ponce along with 4 regens my scouts picked up pretty quickly. Hope they are the goods and my scouts aren't full of rubbish, those 5 regens were all signed for 500k or less!!

Edit: Could not sign Ponce, some silly clause in one of my players took some transfer budget and I ran out before his work permit got granted, like $300k short, lol.

Edit 2: Just as about to cancel the deal, the board set budget for next season so I got some cash again!!!

Now to find more youth.

Edit 3: Looking to move Balotelli on, activated Munir's $10.25mil release cause!

Edit 4: I have Chambers at RB, but Flanagan is playing out of his skin and Chambers is yet to even get a game since I signed him in Jan. Flanagan wants a new deal, his contract is out in a few months, but I can't begotiate a new contract, his agent is refusing, game is broken! I can't even get Flanagan to fire his agent, so stupid.

Somehow, with $5mil left in the bank, I managed to sign 7 talented youngsters in mid March. Included Rotariu and Ponce along with 4 regens my scouts picked up pretty quickly. Hope they are the goods and my scouts aren't full of rubbish, those 5 regens were all signed for 500k or less!!

Edit: Could not sign Ponce, some silly clause in one of my players took some transfer budget and I ran out before his work permit got granted, like $300k short, lol.

Edit 2: Just as about to cancel the deal, the board set budget for next season so I got some cash again!!!

Now to find more youth.

Edit 3: Looking to move Balotelli on, activated Munir's $10.25mil release cause!

Edit 4: I have Chambers at RB, but Flanagan is playing out of his skin and Chambers is yet to even get a game since I signed him in Jan. Flanagan wants a new deal, his contract is out in a few months, but I can't begotiate a new contract, his agent is refusing, game is broken! I can't even get Flanagan to fire his agent, so stupid.

ive found Flanagan to be quite annoying. looked for a move in all my saves after the first season. wants to go to arsenal all the time

ive found Flanagan to be quite annoying. looked for a move in all my saves after the first season. wants to go to arsenal all the time

Yup, same issue here.

Might have to let him go, might have to make Manquillo move permanent...

End of season 1. Won Capital Cup and EPL.

Sold Balotelli for $71mil..

Same for me. Also had a player now complaining about lack of first team action - he's set to 'rotation', we're 5 games into the season and he has started 1 and been brought on in 3?!! I really hope this will be adressed in the new patch.

Same for me. Also had a player now complaining about lack of first team action - he's set to 'rotation', we're 5 games into the season and he has started 1 and been brought on in 3?!! I really hope this will be adressed in the new patch.

It needs to be looked at. Never had this is previous versions.

I am (once again), starting again because I have felt that I have bought too many players and won't be able to utilise the talent that I have my disposal which was the reason why I raised the PA of so many of the youth players in the first place. Everything else will probably stay the same, I just need to be better with decision making. :lol:

I am (once again), starting again because I have felt that I have bought too many players and won't be able to utilise the talent that I have my disposal which was the reason why I raised the PA of so many of the youth players in the first place. Everything else will probably stay the same, I just need to be better with decision making. :lol:

You gave them all the same PA ?

You gave them all the same PA ?

165 each.

In fact, I have increased all English youngsters that have a PA of -8 to 165.

But that's because I'm English biased, not Liverpool biased. :lol:

I have decided not to start again because I had a very good pre-season. But a clear out in the next summer is definitely needed. I also have Suso out on loan, which may be weird because I'm a huge fan of him in the game, but, with the squad as large as it is, there's no real space for him so in the next summer.

Among the players I want to clear out are:

Assaidi

Aspas

Luis Alberto

Coates

Jose Enrique - all expendable

Skrtel - aging, high wages but also a great tutor which is why I haven't sold him this season. May even let him stay at the club just as a tutor.

Lovren - he is awful for me.

Coutinho OR Markovic - both wonderkids, both can go for ridiculous money.

Lambert - expendable

Balotelli - horrible attitude. wants first team football already after not starting 3 games. Paves way for Origi.

if he scored more than 15 goals you should get good money for him. ive had c couple of saves where I made over 150m in sales after the first season

Only 150 million?!?! I raised 282 million pounds after season 1 (much of it is being paid in installments). I won the league and the CL which drastically inflated many players' reputations, but I don't think I've ever even come close to making that much money in 1 transfer window. The best part was that I didn't sell a single first-team regular!!

bf4c1ccf-ac06-4fc5-a048-052ad4dd7995_zpsdmbrkd0s.png

Only 150 million?!?! I raised 282 million pounds after season 1 (much of it is being paid in installments). I won the league and the CL which drastically inflated many players' reputations, but I don't think I've ever even come close to making that much money in 1 transfer window. The best part was that I didn't sell a single first-team regular!!

bf4c1ccf-ac06-4fc5-a048-052ad4dd7995_zpsdmbrkd0s.png

A few of those players you've sold I sell in season 1, I try and get the money upfront tho so you don't get as much in total

165 each.

In fact, I have increased all English youngsters that have a PA of -8 to 165.

But that's because I'm English biased, not Liverpool biased. :lol:

I have decided not to start again because I had a very good pre-season. But a clear out in the next summer is definitely needed. I also have Suso out on loan, which may be weird because I'm a huge fan of him in the game, but, with the squad as large as it is, there's no real space for him so in the next summer.

Among the players I want to clear out are:

Assaidi

Aspas

Luis Alberto

Coates

Jose Enrique - all expendable

Skrtel - aging, high wages but also a great tutor which is why I haven't sold him this season. May even let him stay at the club just as a tutor.

Lovren - he is awful for me.

Coutinho OR Markovic - both wonderkids, both can go for ridiculous money.

Lambert - expendable

Balotelli - horrible attitude. wants first team football already after not starting 3 games. Paves way for Origi.

Sounds like a good plan, i am about to give Cameron Brannagan a boost cuz i feel he is a bit underrated

A few of those players you've sold I sell in season 1, I try and get the money upfront tho so you don't get as much in total

150 is brilliant no matter what. I was just giving you a hard time because I don't think I've ever made this much in one window. In fairness, you get the same amount if you do it in installments, but you just get less up front. In my case, I'll probably get more because the board was only giving me like 45% of the transfer fee at the time of the sale. Personally, I like doing the sales over 48 months because: 1) The monthly income counteracts the loan repayments and I hate seeing monthly losses; 2) In the 1st season I only paid 1/2 up front for most of my transfers and that helps even it out; 3) Not sure if this is true, but it seems that I get more money in the long run if I offer them out over 48 months. Having said that, despite having a monthly net transfer income of 2.3 million, I'm currently at a negative 19 million for the year despite selling 282 million in the offseason (that should be around -9 million by the end of the season). Anyway, in the end it doesn't really matter if you're happy with your transfer business.

I couldn't raise players PA's, feels like I am cheating.

What ever they are, let them be.

I do it but only for the few who are genuinely pushing for the first team. once the CA is not raised it still means they needs lots of training and games to reach their PA level

Archived