FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dilemna for me after the 1st season: Arsenal asked about the availability of Sturridge who is valued at 29 M. I quoted 75 M and they came back with 70.5 M, with 67M up front. What to do??

Uh, for that cash, I would sell.

Then grab Berardi or Shaarawy or even try for Lukaku.

So frustrating.

Coutinho had 6 mths left on contract, he got 3 contract offers from other clubs and I offered him a new one.

There was no way i could have a chat to him and ask what needed to be done to keep him at the club!

In the end, he accepted my offer, some 50k per week less than the top offer.

Board has restricted my wage and transfer budget, re-signing my stars have to be done with minimal wage possible.

I play Coutinho in a CM position with a APM role. He's just been decent for me. Nothing very good. I retrained him to play in the CM position but their wasn't much of a difference. Hopefully he'll be better in the second season.

I play Coutinho in a CM position with a APM role. He's just been decent for me. Nothing very good. I retrained him to play in the CM position but their wasn't much of a difference. Hopefully he'll be better in the second season.

He plays in the AML position for me, is a machine.

Sterling ended up winning Golden Ball, Coutinho second and Berardi third.

I am managing to re-sign all my class players for their current wages, just another 3-4 years extension, so money is ok!

Think I got one signing to go, Henderson, he has proven the hardest.

Money should be picking up now, all those buys over 48mths are pretty much paid off or are in one more season.

I'm just getting started on my 2nd season. I won both the league and champions league in the 1st season and also lost to Tottenham in the FA Cup final. I've had a busy transfer window despite a successful 1st season (I'll post a pic of both windows for those interested), but I had to take advantage of the reputation bump (and corresponding increased value) of my role players. Due to the board only giving me 45% of transfers and the fact that only about 1/2 of my transfer fees have been paid up front, I decided to ask for most of the transfers to be paid over 48 months.

My base tactic is a 4-1-4-1, but I've also developed 2 separate 3-6-1 tactics as back-up tactics for the season. I haven't really tested them with Liverpool, but I'm playing as 2 separate mangers (the other managing Palestino in Chile) and I've been using the 3-6-1 shape as my base tactic in that save and it's worked very well. I generally like to have a +1 at the back, so it will probably be reserved for 2 striker formations. I've also retrained several key players' postions. Sturridge will now play as a right wm-a in the 4-1-4-1 and right ramdeuter in the 3-6-1, Coutinho is my 1st choice striker as a F9, Sterling is being used as a cm-a, Flano is being retrained as a midfield destroyer and both Hendo and Can have been retrained as creative fb/wbs. So far, the results have been quite positive. Coutinho had 2 assists and 10 key passes (both assists were to Sturridge making a diagonal run into the box) in our 4-0 Super Cup victory over Dortmund.

Despite the good results, I am a bit concerned because Sturridge is upset that I sold Pione Sisto -- who played like 10 games and wasn't even registered in my CL squad -- for 30 million pounds to Monaco (btw, I sold Sisto, Mignolet and Lovren for 30 million pounds each to Monaco). I promised him that I would strengthen the squad and proceeded to buy Callum Chambers, John Stones and Patrick Roberts for a combined 65 million pounds and he's still not happy. I suspect this is either due to their squad status (none higher than rotation) or that their reputation is lower than Sisto's after having his reputation increased after being part of our 2014/15 squad. Anyway, I don't have much more transfer funds and even if I did, my team is complete and my squad is already too large.

Anyway, I've attached some pics and a link to a video of Coutinho's assists in the Super Cup if anyone is interested...

Coutinho's assists (building the team around him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9isBE-uoKU

Transfer history for both seasons:

14/15

54b03ae4-048d-4729-adba-cc6fe2ee6a54_zps27b7589b.png

15/16

430264f5-5be2-4804-b7e0-9278fd144376_zpse2963edd.png

Tactics:

4-1-4-1

c99da7e3-1497-45b1-ab9b-d53eefabd734_zpsd3166a80.png

3-6-1:

69c62275-a516-415c-9791-9c6f463e930f_zps957630d5.png

EDIT:

Not sure if it's bad form, but here's a link to show some of the movement that is possible in my 3-6-1 with my other club. I haven't used the formation yet with Liverpool, but I feel this shape could be excellent with Liverpool. Anyway, this is a the same shape, but the formation is flipped (i.e., all roles switch sides).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcPhKL9jPU

I'm just getting started on my 2nd season. I won both the league and champions league in the 1st season and also lost to Tottenham in the FA Cup final. I've had a busy transfer window despite a successful 1st season (I'll post a pic of both windows for those interested), but I had to take advantage of the reputation bump (and corresponding increased value) of my role players. Due to the board only giving me 45% of transfers and the fact that only about 1/2 of my transfer fees have been paid up front, I decided to ask for most of the transfers to be paid over 48 months.

Be careful spreading costs over 48mths, it has got to much for my finances and now I am losing $100mil a year. After this season I will be looking way deeper to find out if I can bring it back or if I have to sell players.

That can definitely be deadly. I only had a net deficit of around 20 million my first year, but I have a net profit of around 100 million the second. One of the reasons I often sell players over 48 months is that I hate seeing losses on our monthly financial report (they help counter the loan repayments) and I'm currently seeing a transfer profit of around 2.5 million pounds/month. I assume that the club will give me 100% of transfer profits soon and from now on I'll be selling over 48 months (teams often pay more that way) and buying up front. Anyway, the way fm determines transfer value and a player's reputation should allow you to turn that around pretty fast. Having read your career summary, it seems that you have quite a few extremely valuable players. Well done!

EDIT:

Also, I only paid about 1/2 of the overall fees over 48 months, but we did have some financial problems the 1st year (we lost about 1-2 million pounds/month until CL money came in).

Wilshere seems to be a little better in my save (albeit he's 2 years older), but I imagine he's injury prone and he would probably ask for higher wages (my scouts didn't mention that Kovacic is injury prone and I haven't scouted Wilshere in depth). I'm terrible at negotiating wages, but I just signed Kovacic for around the same as Wilshere is currently earning (88 pounds/week) and I imagine that Wilshere would demand at least 100-120k/week. Anyway, I'd go for Kovacic.

That can definitely be deadly. I only had a net deficit of around 20 million my first year, but I had a net profit of around 100 million the second. One of the reasons I often sell players over 48 months is that I hate seeing losses on our monthly financial report and I'm currently seeing a transfer profit of around 2.5 million pounds/month. I assume that the club will give me 100% of transfer profits soon and from now on I'll be selling over 48 months (teams often pay more that way) and buying up front. Anyway, the way fm determines transfer value and a player's reputation should allow you to turn that around pretty fastt. Having read your career summary, it seems that you have quite a few extremely valuable players.

I have loads of valuable players, just don't want to see them go :(

But at seasons end I will asses the damage and work out what I need to do. I am top heavy with attackers, so I might have to ship off my star Berardi and Shaarawy. Should get $60mil each for them alone.

I have my eye on a star attacker in game, he is at Barcelona at the moment, if I offer those two players above and Barcelona make an offer, I might try a trade. This Regen looks like GOD.

Wilshere seems to be a little better in my save (albeit he's 2 years older), but I imagine he's injury prone and he would probably ask for higher wages (my scouts didn't mention that Kovacic is injury prone and I haven't scouted Wilshere in depth). I'm terrible at negotiating wages, but I just signed Kovacic for around the same as Wilshere is currently earning (88 pounds/week) and I imagine that Wilshere would demand at least 100-120k/week. Anyway, I'd go for Kovacic.

Kovacic is better, his Physicals especially.

Edit: Just beat OL 9-0, had 43 shots on goal. lol.

Edit 2: Had tool tip disappear, could not save so had reload, played OL game again. won 7-0 with 10 men, lol..

Looks like after a slow start where i lost 3-0 to Man City & 2-0 to Chelsea my team is starting to gel & getting wins now

Nice. I hate start of seasons, always takes a few games to get the team working right.

I have ECC final to go, play Barcelona for second year running.

I have won EVERYTHING thus far.

Still looks like I am spending $60 Mill to much per season, so will have to get that down. And that is $60 Million to much if I WIN every competition, so I will have to wipe off $100 mil per season.

Spending 3 x to much on Key Player wages is a start.

I'm in October 2015 and I was going to give Sterling a new contract despite him having nearly 3 years left on his current one. He's demanding £165k p/w with a £25k per appearance fee, plus a £54million release clause. Considering his current deal is £35k p/w it seems a bit much! I offered him £100k p/w which was promptly rejected by his agent, so I ended up walking away for now.

What I want to know is, when others have renewed his contract, how much did you end up having to pay him? I'm trying to implement a wage structure but at the same time, I wouldn't want to lose him so early.

Same problem for me atm. Although I'm in Mar 2015 and he wants £120k but I can't afford all the extras like winning X cup etc since I've spent a lot of money and don't have much left so hopefully it won't be a problem until the end of the season.

No good regens for me from our youth intake.

For me cash flow isn't a problem as I am spending about £500k p/w under my salary budget and my balance is looking pretty healthy. I just don't want to break the structure I have put in place. £100k p/w would make him the equal best paid player at the club.

Plus he's dreaming if he thinks I'd sell him for £54million.

Sterling asks formally for a new contract every few months in my game. He is on ridiculous amounts in my game - 200k a week - and I hope that is the last I hear from him for a while.

The problem is, in my other save, he joined Man City in 2015. So I am wary of refusing rises - although I now have a very high release clause of £87m. That was the main reason I agreed to the last pay rise - the release clause of c. 50m would have easily been triggered.

I also don't mind high salaries for some key players. The owners took a dividend last season, so if I make a lower profit, they cannot take as much next time around!

I have 8 key players tied up for the next 4 or 5 seasons at wages of 90k a week or above.

But my weekly wage of £2.16m is still £1m a week below my wage budget.

Managed to get Sterling to sign to a £90k p/w contract with £85m release clause. Just beat Dortmund in the first k/o round of champs league.

I'm currently 3rd, 6 points off Chelsea and 5 points off Utd. And I'm 9 points clear of 4th placed Arsenal with 8 games to go. City are 5th and just signed Benitez as their manager after sacking Pellegrini. Going to try to poach Aguero if he's unhappy.

Archived