FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Little update:

Sitting 3rd in the league, 2 points behind 2nd (Chelsea) and 6 points behind City who are 1st. And I'm 2 points ahead of Utd, and if Everton win their game in hand, they'll be 3 points behind me and 5th. Arsenal are sitting in 10th atm, 15 games into the season.

Got knocked out the Champs League, finished 3rd. Unfortunately the team didn't perform against Zenit and so due to the results thing, I was placed third even though we point ended on 9 points. Although, in the long run, I just beat Barcelona 1-0 at home, so might help with the confidence of the team (if you see what I mean). The games are coming thick and fast, though the scheduling should have been done better as I am in the middle of 6 games in 17 days.

Oh and I got Man City for the 3rd rnd of FA Cup. Why do I always get the hardest teams?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does he get game time in your save ?

I sold him. hes still only 17 and I got them to pay most of the money upfront. and I have a regen forward who can play AML as well so it means I can give him more games as he's not getting a lot up front

becb499bcc5b40a037c16c59746c617a.png

Tested for the first time this save and all was well until they got 3 goals in 3 minutes without me barely getting a chance to even change anything. Was willing to accept the draw until Suso scored in the dying minutes of the game! Delighted with that.

missed out on Kovacic, he'd agreed with Bayern. will try for him at the end of this season to replace Suso

have only brought in 2 regens for season 3 and loaned them out and made Manquillo's deal permanent.

Sold Umtiti & odegaard for 47m combined so up money again this window.

The club finished an increase on the stadium and we hold 55000 now and have gotten the board to agree to upgrade the youth facilities.

only managed to get 5 friendlies in for season 3 with the CS on the 6th of August. won all 5 comfortably

Community Shield against Chelsea sees the war of words between myself and Mourinho cranked up

thankfully we come out on top with a 4-1 win for the first trophy of the season.

next up is the Super Cup against Sporting.

squad is quite thin due to the U23 tournament going on. 9 first team players are away at it.

i'll be sell Barbosa in Jan of season 3. while he has been brilliant so far he is now looking for 160k a week, that's over a 100k a week increase and I refuse to pay that

I also sold Flanagan on the last day of the window as he requested more football and wouldn't accept that he was back up. started moaning in the press so he was fired out

I'm tempted to start again and do 3 at the back. Not sure why, maybe some part of me thinks that I'll definitely do it better than Brendan :lol: As well as this, I think I could have spent my money better and gotten some players like Gerrard to perform and actually gotten rid of the players that I did not want, instead of them sticking around and not freeing up funds.

Also, think I need more squad depth and cover. This Xmas period is really beginning to show the lack of team depth with only 3 injuries.

But another part of me thinks that I should see what happens with the current save. ATM, I'm near the Xmas period of first season.

Scratch that: I am gonna start again. Was only in December and with the Xmas break coming up, should be able to catch up!

Start of season 3 and a few players want to leave to go a ''bigger club'' so Mario went to Bayern, Sakho to Juventus and Moreno to Dortmund. In hindsight I should have kept Sakho.

Transfers

OUT

Ballotelli

Sakho

Moreno

Paloschi

Luis Alberto

IN

Caulker

Ruben Neves

(free transfers)

Nick Powell

Youri Tielemens

Of the new signing I am most happy with Neves who will be my long term replacement for Stevie G. My plan to play Sturridge up with Sinclair was scuppered when he broke his foot on England duty so Origi has stepped in and is looking like he will my top scorer this season.

We have started the season well but Chelsea are setting the pace in the league winning their first 13 games! Soon they come to Anfield though...

306490653a6fce8dc9ab90ccea397d26.png

A quickfire trio of goals in the 11th, 14th and 19th minute got us to a great start. We held onto half time despite relentless attacking from Chelsea.

In the second half, I completely changed my tactic, dropping down Coutinho (then Gerrard after Coutinho got tired) to the CM/AP position, made Henderson and Romero ball winning midfielders and contained for the rest of the game. A bit cheap, but it worked well and this is by far the best performance of my save so far (probably of any save I've had on this version actually).

(If people don't like these single match reports, I'll stop them)

Second season fernzy!!!

IN

Koke $50m

Berardi $28.25

Akpan $1.4m (regen)

Umtiti $19.5m

Volland $22.5m

Horn $23m

Total: $146m

OUT

Lucas Romero $42.5m - Stupid Clause :(

Balotelli $32.5m

Origi $12.5m

Allen $11.75m

Lallana $10.75m

Aspas $9.25m

Borini $8m

Assaidi $5m

Wisdom $2.1m

Coates $1.7m

Lambert $850k

Total: $138m

Balotelli has $20m worth of clauses to collect over next few seasons, so he will end up being $50m+

So far 2 wins and a draw in EPL, both wins were BIG wins, 5-2 win over Man City and 4-0 over West Ham. Draw was against Hull 1-1.

Could anyone recommend a good keeper to replace Migs?

Also would Lucas Romero do well in the DLP-Defend or would i have to change my tactics?

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all :)

I'm about to sign Timo Horn for £7m - he'll probably be my no.1 keeper I hope. Gonna try get rid of Jones.

Hmm, not sure about that role for Romero but it may be worth a try? He can play many roles I feel.

Romero is extremely versatile, he's great in almost any role in the central midfield and defensive midfield positions.

Personally I play him as a Central Midfielder/Attack and he's amazing for me in that role.

Season 4 review

League:R/u

Champions league:R/u

League cup:s/f

Fa cup:5th rd

Comm shield:won

Poor year though I won the comm shield Origi who scored 34 goals season before only got 12 FA cup loss was crazy was leading Chelsea 4-1 lost 7-4 Arsenal have become my bogy team beating me in the last 3 games including the champions league final I've strenghed my defence signing Doria & De sciglio Horns form was poor ended up playing Meret towards the end of the season but I'll start Horn & give him another chance

Season 4 review

League:R/u

Champions league:R/u

League cup:s/f

Fa cup:5th rd

Comm shield:won

Poor year though I won the comm shield Origi who scored 34 goals season before only got 12 FA cup loss was crazy was leading Chelsea 4-1 lost 7-4 Arsenal have become my bogy team beating me in the last 3 games including the champions league final I've strenghed my defence signing Doria & De sciglio Horns form was poor ended up playing Meret towards the end of the season but I'll start Horn & give him another chance

My team loves giving up 4 goal leads.

I can't find decent defenders in this game...

Every one of them makes such stupid mistakes.

Cheers for the help lads. I'll experiment with Romero then!

Balotelli has scored 8 goals for me in 4 matches and 5 sub appearances at AF. I'll still sell the idiot though :p

If he has space and time, he can score. But he has nothing else, he can't create his own goals, or set them up. Basically you need good attacking wingers to supply him with the Candy, or he is crap.

About to start the proper season - Home against Hull. Trickett Smith is dubbed as the next Paul Gascoigne for me atm, which was quite a surprise. Will see how his and Wilson's development goes as they've both gone off on loan for 5 months.

Here's the transfers - don't feel that there'll be anymore:

IN

- Marco Ramkilde - free

- Jesus Vallejo - £675k

- Kristoffer Ajer - £1m

- John Hou Saeter - £25k

- Dragisa Guldej - £800k

- Balanta - £5m

- Timo Horn - £7m

- Ante Coric - £1.1m

- Clement Grenier - £11m

- Lucas Romero - £7m

- Bakkali - £8m

TOTAL - £41.5m

OUT

G.Johnson - £14m

Borini - £12m

K.Toure - 500k

Lucas Leiva - £7m (wanted more :( )

Some younger players on loan

TOTAL - £33.5m

Quite a few younger players that I'll be playing in the capital one cup with the younger defenders, I am quite happy with the future defenders that I'll have at the club - hopefully for a long long time! Wanted to sell more players, Skrtel and Allen mainly but no-one wanted them unfortunately.

C.Grenier got injured for a couple of weeks to a month or two, which was annoying but hopefully I'll be able to cope.

I'm optimistic that this team will do me proud.

Last season, i got $15m transfer budget and 200k for wages, I did a lot of transfers in order to bring players in I wanted.

This season

JYpTZT6.jpg

I have no need for it!!

If you have no need to spend any more on your first team, why don't you invest it in some younger players?

If you have no need to spend any more on your first team, why don't you invest it in some younger players?

I decided to bring in Leno, Pogba and Alaba.

Mignolet and Moreno will be exiting next window.

My first team next season is pretty much world class players all over. It is insane.

Alaba is class. Leno has great stats and on paper at least, looks a great GK. Ive seen mixed reviews on Pogba though. How much did they all set you back

Pogba I had on last save, he was a beast, won games all by himself. Alaba I knew was always class, never used him before in 2015, Leno does look quite good as main goal.

I spread most of my transfers over 48mths this time.

Alaba $58m in total (possibly)

Leno $24.5m

Pogba $70m

As you can see, I am not afraid to put lots of cash on the line if I know I will get it back, Alaba and Pogba are amazing, and worth the money.

on paper pgogba is good BUT if you tutor oyo, ledson(everton) and rossitter and chivirella they all turn into good cm making the pogba purchase as not needed

Those players are not even in same league as Pogba, to me those players never feature in my main team, they're not good enough..

Archived