FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tbh he hasn't made any real contribution to my side, its just I quite like him IRL, will probably mean I keep hold of him in game!

Balotelli on the other hand, the guy is just un-manageable!

I got 32m for Balotelli from Inter in the Jan window. possibly the best deal I've had on any FM ever

I've done really well in the transfer window on deals. actually have 80m in the bank at the end of the window starting season 2. made near 30m both summers on deals due to sales. most of the sales in season 1 I did over 48 months to get me more money overall

Ill have to wait till season 2 as i turned off the transfers in the 1st window Markovic is doing well for me in his place

I couldn't sell him in jan of season 1 but managed to sell him back to Southampton in the summer. got 15m for him.

Funny thing is when Lallana was at Southampton he was never injured for some reason his injury proneness is high if he keeps on getting injured

I never thought of him as injury prone. really surprised at how bad it is on the game. makes it impossible to keep him

I got 32m for Balotelli from Inter in the Jan window. possibly the best deal I've had on any FM ever

I've done really well in the transfer window on deals. actually have 80m in the bank at the end of the window starting season 2. made near 30m both summers on deals due to sales. most of the sales in season 1 I did over 48 months to get me more money overall

Yeah I've seen a few people on here say they've got a nice amount for him, I thought i'd keep him until Jan, see what he can do, but all he has done is cause trouble! Typical! I've bought in Berahino so far, no one else. Balo will definitely be moved on the next window. Never been able get anywhere near what people are talking about for Johnson though...

Has anyone signed Mauro Icardi from Inter?

Mignolet has surprised me too, had a mare at Chelsea where I was 2 up, then conceded 2, both his fault, since then 4 clean sheets in a row! I just won't be able to keep him though, I really have a problem with him IRL haha

Yeah I've seen a few people on here say they've got a nice amount for him, I thought i'd keep him until Jan, see what he can do, but all he has done is cause trouble! Typical! I've bought in Berahino so far, no one else. Balo will definitely be moved on the next window. Never been able get anywhere near what people are talking about for Johnson though...

Mignolet has surprised me too, had a mare at Chelsea where I was 2 up, then conceded 2, both his fault, since then 4 clean sheets in a row! I just won't be able to keep him though, I really have a problem with him IRL haha

you have to sell Johnson on the first day to get good money for him

I brought Icardi in. 4 goals in his first two games. Cost me £32m though at the start of the 2nd season, he won the European Golden Boy award, too.

Season 1 review

Competitions

Premier League : 1st with 82 points (W24 D10 L4) 4 points ahead of Man U

Capital One Cup Final: vs Everton won 3-2 aet. (Stevie G scored the winner in the 109th minute :p)

FA Cup Final : vs Birmingham won 4-1

Champions League Group stage : 3rd behind Barca and Juve (included a crazy 10 goal thriller at Anfield)

EuropeanChampionsCup_MatchesFixturesampResults_zps2bb2cd26.png

Euro Cup Last 16 vs PSG lost 1-2 on aggregate

TRANSFERS

ins

Valdes (free

Alberto Paloschi (back up striker- all my strikers had injury plagued season)

Balanta (using a 3 CB system so needed a more reliable one )

Bilal Ould-Chikh (17 year old winger )

Outs

Borini

Aspas

Allen

Sturridge and Ballo both scored 20+ goals. Sturridge was only behind Falcao in the premiership and Ballotelli won goal of the season :)

Inbox_Inbox_zpsbc741b78.png

The only problem I have with my formation is it uses a ML and MR of which there are none (natural) in the entire squad so I am retraining a few of the players rather than buying as there are some good potential young players in the squad.

Bayern just bid £46m upfront for Lucas Romero, and it's been accepted since it's his minimum release clause. Which should give me around £80m to replace him!

Using that money to sign Pogba. Very expensive, but surely he'll be worth it.

4th season finished. Won the league easily, 102 point, 34 wins, 0 draws and 4 loses. Scored 104 goals. Also won the Champions League after beating Real Madrid 3-1 in the final. Was manager for France in the World Cup in Russia. Got knocked out by Turkey in the first knock-out stage and got fired. Some massive transfer activity before the new season.

In:

Fabio Caniato (AC Milan) - 7,5 million

Severio Sansone (AC Milan) - 5 million

David Alaba (Bayern München) - 32 million

Paul Pogba (Juventus) - 27 million + Alberto Moreno

Total: 71,5 million

Out:

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton) - 10,75 million

Memphis Depay (Bayern Mübchen) - 50 million

Jordon Ibe (Leeds) - 6,75 million

Emre Can (Wolfsburg) - 15 million

Jordan Henderson (Tottenham) - 15,75 million

Youri Tielemans (Nottingham Forest) - Loan

Total: 99 million

Also, a lot of the talented youngsters from the beginning leaved the club on a free transfer. Such as; Jerome Sinclair, Jordan Rossiter, Sheyi Ojo, Cammeron Brannagan, Sergi Canos Pedro Chirivella and Ryan Kent.

I'm in February in my second season as Liverpool manager.

First season I finished 5th in the league, 6 points behind 4th. I was knocked out of the Champions League in the Group stages but ended up winning the Europa League to qualify for the Champion League. Only 7 teams conceded more than me but I was the third highest scorers. I made no transfers either as I wanted to work with the squad I had. In all comps Balotelli got 12 goals, Sturridge got 33 and Sterling got 23. Coutinho also chipped in with 10.

2nd season transfers out:

Wisdom - West Ham - £3m

Lucas - Atletico - £16.75m

Coates - QPR -£4m

Skrtel - Napoli - £8.25m

Lambert - Swansea - £1m

Suso - Dortmund - £31.5m (I was shocked when they accepted my negotiation as I had every intention of giving him game time after him being on loan first season

Assaidi - Palace - £4.4m

Aspas - OM - £8.25m

Borini - Monaca - £9.25m

Luis Alberto - Stoke - £4.9m

Jose Enrique - Newcastle - £1.9m

Emre Can - Juventus - £12.25m

Total - £105m

2nd season transfers in:

Patrick Roberts - Fulham - £8m

Sebastien Giovinco - Juventus - Free

Dennis Praet - Anderlecht - Free

Youri Tielemans - Toulouse - £8.25m

Eder Alvarez Balanta - River - £8.5m

Antoine Griezmann - Atletico - £25.5m

Nicola Leali - Free Transfer - Free

Ivan Zajec (regen) - Dinamo - £1mSergi Samper - Barcelona - £10.25m

Thiago - Bayern - £25.5m

Total - £87.5m

I've had a great season so far. Walking the league at the moment and I'm 18 points clear with 10 games left. I'm through to the KO stages of the Champions League and have just beat Juve 6-2 at Anfield in the first leg.

Griezmann and Sterling have been incredible. Also, as you can see below, Sturridge has 22 goals, Sterling 21 goals, Griezmann 21 goals and Balotelli 19 goals. On top of this, Giovinco has chipped in with 10 and Coutinho with 8 and it's still only February!

Liverpool_tactics.png

Liverpool_tactics_2.png

sterling.png

image.png

I managed over 140 million pounds in sales but the board only gave me 30% of transfer revenue... After my last sale they raised it to 100%.... Lol...

Balotelli has been my best player but has been injured 8 months (2 separate 4 month injuries) this year... Struggling to kill off games without his goals this season... So sad...

Sold Munir and Sharaawy. Got $80m for both.

Got Markovic again.

Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho, Origi and Sturridge are all world class guys, keep hold of them.

Markovic and Origi are both out on loan for me (second season). Sturridge and Coutinho have been brilliant. Sterling has been incredible and has the third highest value in the game at £44m, behind Messi and Suarez.

teaching baloteli first time shot improved him a bit instead of dawdling around I let him just kick it ( instead of managers asking him to play with the team) its doing good so far hardly no penaltie goal 25 goals in 39 macthes played him as treq,f9,p,cfs depends on what i needed

on the other hand sturdige with shot with power is hit and miss ( not as bad as places shots) 27 in 37 matches hes ok but could have more if I did not teach him shoot power

end of season joint top scorer in the BPL 18 goal each for both of em stur 31 of 47 games,balo 33 out of 49 games

We finished 2018/19 in a disappointing 4th, 16 points behind champions Chelsea. In November we were 12 off the top, got it down to 6 by Christmas but fell away badly. We were also poor in Europe, finishing behind Schalke and Barcelona in the Champions League, and losing 2-1 on aggregate to Porto to fall at the first hurdle in the Europa. However, we did clinch a FA Cup/League Cup double. It was especially pleasing winning the League Cup against Chelsea, winning 2-1 in hard-fought match to retain our crown.

The summer saw a lot of movement. Out went:

Jerome Sinclair £11.5m QPR

Joe Allen £0 Aston Villa

Will Hughes £12.25m Arsenal

Andrew Robertson £6.5m Spurs

Patric £14.5m Hamburg

Sinclair, Allen, Hughes and Robertson were all not to the standard we needed to genuinely challenge for top honours. Patric would have become 3rd choice right-back after I signed an incredible regen, and given that it was all profit after signing him on a free, I decided it was a good offer.

In came:

Matias Kranevitter £1.7m River

The only real player I signed. His contract was up in 6 months, but I wanted him right away. He's rated as highly as Victor Wanyama as a defensive midfield. Has looked good in pre-season

Cristian Losano £30m Bordeaux

A lot of money, but he looks great. A genuine complete forward, 23 years old, 7 in 12 for Argentina, 54 in 89 for Newell's Old Boys, Heracles Almelo and Bordeaux (39 in 56 for Bordeaux). He has 18 finishing, 17 for heading, OtB, teamwork, workrate, agility, natural fitness pace and stamina and 12 other stats at 15 and 16. Looks great.

Julian Quintas £8.5m Lanus

Another Argentine international, 6 caps and goal at the age of 22. He's an incredibly athletic left back with 19/18 for acceleration and pace, 20 agility and 18 for balance and stamina., 14 strength. Excellent technique, hard-working. Only downsides are 12(!) marking and despite his 19 for heading, he's only 5'9" with 10 for jumping.

Finally:

Diogo Roberto £13m Fluminense

Another South American. A Brazilian right back. 22 years old with 2 caps, but already over 137 league games, 13 goals and 27 assists with an AvG of 7.28 for (mainly) Fluminense, with loans at Gremio, Heracles and Cruz Azul. Not the athlete that Quintas is, but a much better player, with near-impeccable defensive attributes, fantastic mentals and very good attacking ability for such a great defender. He's short though; 5'7".

I also sold a few regens who hadn't developed very well for a combined £11m.

I'm hopefully switching to a narrow 4-2-3-1 of Oblak; Diogo Roberto, Sakho, Balanta, Quintas; Tielemans, Kranevitter; Sterling, Nathan, Munir; Losano.

Going for the title this time.

Started again.

This time no side transfers, all incoming has to be improvement or youth.

Borini and Toure has parted for $12m and 550k respectively...

Pogba makes him way to Liverpool in upfront + over 49mth deal totalling $65m, and he is on big wages!

No other transfer movement as yet.

I'm midway through my first season, just about to play the 1st leg of my CL 1st knockout round vs Zenit. We're going well so far, sitting top of a tight premier league table level on points with City and 3 clear of Utd. 2 defeats have come at home to City and away to West Ham. Best result of the season so far has been a 4-2 demolishing of City at the Etihad, Studger got me 4 there and has got 22 in 24 so far this season.

I've re-trained Sterling as a ST, so he partners him most of the time as I like to play with 3 CM and one sitting. The only player I've bought in this term is Berahino, which was just as well because Balo doesn't get much game time after we fell out early on in the season, I tried offloading him in Jan, but an untimely broken arm didn't help the situation. On the transfers out front, I haven't let anyone leave this season either, but I have one or two in mind for the coming summer!

Lallana plays pretty regular for me too, I've seen a few of you guys mention he is always injured, I haven't had that problem...yet. Cant seem to get the best out of Coutinho either, which is a shame as I love him IRL. Henderson, with Sturridge and Sterling aside has been my best performer this season. Mignolet always seems to be able rack up 2-3 clean sheets in a row too; we won every game in December, conceding 2 goals, which was pretty impressive.

I can't get him scoring and he NEVER seems to pass, 1 goal in 14 games for me, mostly sub apps

I play either 4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-1-1, he's good with others around him for me but as soon as a long ball goes up he turns and runs and shoots. He only plays when I rest Sturridge. Against lesser sides when I am able to push them back Balo is deadly but in the big games it's better to just play Lambert if Sturridge isn't available.

I play him in the Trequartista role as a lone striker

I play Studge as a CF and the 2nd striker (mainly Sterling) as a Trequarista, I've tried Mario in the T role, but honestly, he never passes and the amount of times I've watched him hit the woodwork is unbelievable. His work rate attribute just puts me off playing him in all honesty and I prefer to play Berahino, who isn't prolific but he has a decent amount of assists to make up for it, and Studge is all over it in the goals department.

City bid for Lucas Romero, who was an ever present for me last season. I, forgetting about his min release clause of £42.5m/QUOTE]

After Christmas I noticed he had a £42m release in the contract. So I offered him a new contract. He wanted 32k p/w +£42m release. I offered £42 p/w and removed the clause. He signed it straight away. Plus the contract is for a 5 year term.

Started a new game. Going to make this my long term save which normally last me till the next version is released. Reviewed staff. Released a lot of them by mutual agreement. I believe that I need to start with good staff to help bring new talent through and manage existing players well.

Staff In

Terry McDermott - Assistant Manager

Bill Green – Scout from West Ham

Dave Parnaby – Coach to take on improving defence

Players out

Kolo Toure to QPR for 500k

Players Listed or looking to sell

Brad Jones

Mignolet

Lovren ?

Allen ?

Balotelli

Players In

Cerri - Free...!!!

Lucas Romero – £7.5m

Balanta – £6.75m

Timo Horn – £3.8m

Martin Odegaard - £1.2m - Arrive January 2015

About to start friendlies so going to look at tactics, set pieces, coaching roles etc... If any of the sells come through I'll be looking at buying another GK and DC, maybe a striker or AM if funds are there.

I can't get him scoring and he NEVER seems to pass, 1 goal in 14 games for me, mostly sub apps

teach him first time shot and make him lead the line at least instead of holding the ball or passing the ball back he will let it rip towards the goal

start of second season already have 3 goals in 2 matches

I've just started a game with Liverpool and currently 5th in the league coming to the end of January, not going to badly leading Southampton 3-1 in the league cup semi finals, just trying to offload borini and lucas. I bought Tielmans and Romero first transfer window so don't use lucas, getting some good performances from sterling and coutinho, but now got a nightmare run of fixtures which can define my season, Southampton Away, Arsenal Away, Man Utd at home and Chelsea at home, not good with players being injured and balotelli not really contributing.

Tbh he hasn't made any real contribution to my side, its just I quite like him IRL, will probably mean I keep hold of him in game!

Balotelli on the other hand, the guy is just un-manageable!

Balotelli is fine in my game, its sturridge who is playing poop for me..I do kiss Balotelli's but alot always praising him and stuff... with Sturridge i must be playing him wrong cause in 2 games he has kicked 11 goals for England lol

magic

I replaced gerrard with coutinho as dlps if you play gerrard as dm then emre can is good replacement as for buying new players look look lucas romero ( or any bignamed midfield playmakers out there like strootman or thiago) If you wanna go homegrown try rossiter ( which has nice stats for a young one and ledson from everton)

Archived