FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

i do believe liverpools stats are overr powered in this game.

i just finished season 3 unbeaten and won champs league with just 2 new players.

im not even that good in this game in general :p I'm having fun though! before all the stats go horribly low in the next fm =[

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season done. One the league after close race with Chelsea and Tottenham. Also won Champions League, after beating Arsenal 3-2 after extra time. After making some

changes with the wage budget i got 70m to use on new players, with only 45 % of transfer revenue maid available.

IN:

Jeronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad) - 21m

Danilo (Porto) - 21m

James Ward-Prowse (Southampton) - 21m

Out:

Andre Wisdom (Sunderland) - 3m

Suso (Lille) - Loan

Jordon Ibe (Burnley) - Loan

Luis Alberto (Aston Villa) - 2m

Iago Aspas (WBA) - 8,25m

Sebastian Coates (Sunderland) - 2,3m

Adam Lallana (Arsenal) - 13,75m

Fabio Borini (Granada) - 9,75m

A lot of players were also sent away on free transfer, including Assaidi, Jones and Teixeira

Im about 3 months into my first season and motoring along quite nicely at the top of the league. Only signed Delli Alli who im slowly integrating into some first team action.

For anyone that has a save 2-3 season in, im wondering which youngsters I should look to concentrate on and which ones are better to be moved on?

How do Ojo, Sinclair, Ibe, Wilson look a few seasons in?

I am into my third season as Liverpool, so had a few transfer windows and got rid of deadwood and brought in mainly defenders; Santon, Alverez-Balanta, Jaun Jesus. Also got all new goalkeepers: Timo Horn, Jan Oblik and Nicola Leali. My attack and midfield not changed much since start, although Leiva went and I got Kranevitter to alternate with Stevie G at DM(anchorman), and I have just bought Thiago; very happy! I am playing 4-4-2 Diamond, so got Sterling retraining as a forward and got Markovic playing as an attacking midfielder(advanced playmaker-support). Still got Balotelli who is immense at the moment, but I've had to sell him to Bayern as he was going to leave on a free!

I have finished third twice and am currently top; but this doesn't tell the full story!

I conceded so many cross goals and set peices, but hopefully that has been addressed thanks to advise read on here!

Trying to by Barbossa but he is too expensive! Gutted he would be fab up front with Origi in a few years.

Also, everytime my keeper makes a save the ball always seems to drop to an opposition attacker. So annoying!

Not won a trophy yet, but made it to the Capital One cup semi-final; not a strong enough squad yet, but got a few young players who will hopefully reach their potential.

How do people use Sterling? He's been rubbish for me.

I'm 2 months into my Liverpool save now, and Sterling, Coutinho and Balotelli have been amazing so far for me. Highlight of the season so far has been the 0-3 away win at The Etihad, with over 60% possession. I would post some screens but I'm currently at work now so I don't have access to my laptop. I can't really recall my exact tactics as I micromanage a fair bit with both Team and Player Instructions, but the following is roughly what I do.

I alternate between two tactics; one for Possession à la Barcelona 2008-2012, and the other in the style of Klopp's Dortmund. Both use a 4-2-3-1 shape, with 2 players in the MC strata, one central AM, and 2 wide AM's. Both also have the defensive line set to the highest possible, and fludity, tackling & closing down at maximum. This may seem a little extreme, but as of the current ME (15.1.3), teams, regardless of their players, are universally pants at defending, so this actually makes sense (to me, anyway) for two reasons. Firstly, if they don't have the ball, the opposition can't score. Secondly, despite the recent hotfix, keepers and defenders still don't really know how to deal with balls into your area effectively; thus, it would be best to stop the delivery at its source. I'm not claiming by any means that my tactics are defensively sound (because they're not really; you will still concede goals), but they dovetail nicely with the board's agreed philosophies and they will make you nowhere near as vulnerable as they appear to be.

I'm not going to touch on the rest of the team's Player Instructions (because this post is getting way too long and your question was about Sterling) except for the 3 of the front 4 which I use (namely; Sterling on the right wing, Coutinho in the center, and Balotelli up front). You can probably use Sterling on the left without any problems, since I have Depay there with exactly the same PI's.

Sterling plays as a Raumdeuter. Why this role? Well, for one, it allows you to create overloads in the wide areas because Raumdeuters sit narrow by default, allowing my RB (Mattia De Sciglio) to overlap. I dislike Inside Forwards because they tend to cross the ball more, which doesn't aid in keeping possession. With Raumdeuters on Cross Less Often, this will often result in cutbacks to unmarked players on the edge of the area or just outside the box, which regularly culminates in either a good attempt on goal. What is important is that you set him to mark the opposing fullback; this will make him track back and help in winning back possession. Allow him to Roam from Position, with the other Instructions depending on your base tactic.

As for Coutinho, he plays in the centre as a Shadow Striker, with Run Wide With Ball & Roam from Position checked. Balotelli, for me, is a False Nine with the same basic PI's. What this results in is very good movement, which is vital in slow, possession-based tactics if you are actually trying to score. Sterling (since he has the Cut Inside PPM, together with his role as a Raumdeuter), will often arrive in space within the area, where he can either score himself or provide an assist. Please note that for Balotelli and Coutinho, I find that Run Wide with Ball & Roam from Position are both absolutely essential in creating good movement. Roam from Position is obviously a requirement for the False Nine role, and the Shadow Striker to a certain extent, but without Run Wide with Ball, you will find that Balotelli often drops deep, with Coutinho pushing up, into the same areas, getting in each other's way. Under Run Wide with Ball, this gives them a bit more leeway for lateral, in addition to vertical movement, which can create some beautiful interplay. This will sometimes result in the following situation; Balotelli pulls out diagonally from the six yard box, Coutinho makes a run in (hopefully also diagonally) and Sterling breaks free in the area (towards the near post) due to the confusion caused by those two. I usually also have either a Roaming Playmaker lurking just outside the penalty box or a BBM attacking the ball from deep.

If anyone is interested, I can post my tactics later tonight when I get back from work.

Cheers.

Anyone konw any good goalkeepers that are heaps better than mignolet you can get at start of season? as well as good defender ( except for balanta as that an always pick) that is fast both sakho and lovren can be quite slow

Timo Horn from Koln has the potential to be better, not sure if he's quite there yet though. And he's cheap.

Anyone konw any good goalkeepers that are heaps better than mignolet you can get at start of season? as well as good defender ( except for balanta as that an always pick) that is fast both sakho and lovren can be quite slow

Jan Oblak is available from Atheltico with a low release fee. He's ace.

OK, just started my save on 15. Pre-season results using my tried and trusted FM14 tactics were mixed so I have gone back to my FM13 tactic but as I have only played 2 competitive games its too early to say if its gonna work consistantly.

Only managed to bring one player in pre-season, Alberto Paloschi (poacher) and he did well enough in friendlies to start up front alongside Balotelli in the opening game away to Hull. Paloschi scored 3 mins into his debut and shortly after is strechered off with a twisted ankle (out for a month). 2 right backs also go off injured and I finish the game with lucas as RB but hold on to the 1-0.

Second game is home to Chelsea and it is amazing! Sturridge tales Paloschi's place up top and scores a hat-trick but is outshone by Sterling who scores 4! The eighth goal is scored by Balotelli from inside the centre circle!

LiverpoolvChelsea_MatchPostMatch_zps61cc3d43.png

OK, just started my save on 15. Pre-season results using my tried and trusted FM14 tactics were mixed so I have gone back to my FM13 tactic but as I have only played 2 competitive games its too early to say if its gonna work consistantly.

Only managed to bring one player in pre-season, Alberto Paloschi (poacher) and he did well enough in friendlies to start up front alongside Balotelli in the opening game away to Hull. Paloschi scored 3 mins into his debut and shortly after is strechered off with a twisted ankle (out for a month). 2 right backs also go off injured and I finish the game with lucas as RB but hold on to the 1-0.

Second game is home to Chelsea and it is amazing! Sturridge tales Paloschi's place up top and scores a hat-trick but is outshone by Sterling who scores 4! The eighth goal is scored by Balotelli from inside the centre circle!

LiverpoolvChelsea_MatchPostMatch_zps61cc3d43.png

Scores like this are exactly why im going to wait until the games is patched before i play!

Just finished my second season. Ended like the 1st, with winning Premier League and Champions League. By christmas we were 11 points behind leading Tottenham, but managed to win the league one point ahead of Spurs. In the knockout stages of CL we beat Olympiakos, Chelsea and Barcelona. Before beating Leverkusen (!) 3-2 in the final after extra time.

In the summer i will try to of load Ballotelli, Allen, Markovic. Gerrard are retiring also.

So Emre Can decided to force his way out for a move to Dortmund, managed to get £22m up front and an extra £6m in incentives. Signed Wanyama as his replacement, I like using an anchor and a ball winning midfielder and can use either him or Kramer in whichever role.

Cannot seem to sell Lambert or Enrique, even for peanuts nobody wants them. Sold Ibe as I read that he turns into a pretty mediocre PL player and for some reason 8 senior players got upset about that.

Timo Horn doesn't look great either, and as expected all the mentioned keepers have had their release clauses taken out of their contracts by the start of the second season. Really seems to be a lack of anybody who stats wise is better than Mignolet unless I go for an older option like Akinfeev, Sirigu etc.

just been offered 71m for sturridge from arsenal!!

It's a really hard decision!!

it's a lot of money, but he is banging them in and not sure if selling to Arsenal may come back to haunt me....

ah decisions..

Has anyone got about 8 seasons in yet? Im in 2021 now and there are plans afoot for a new stadium! This started about 2 years after the expansion of anfield finished. I'm not complaining but I find it a bit random that so soon after expansion a new build is coming. I have done quite well recently with great success in competions.

For those asking about Sterling I have been using him as winger on the left or a radmanteur on the right and he's been outstanding for seasons. One of 4 players left from the original squad along with Sinclair, Henderson and Rossiter now. Oh and Origi too who has been fantastic for seasons now!

Has anyone got about 8 seasons in yet? Im in 2021 now and there are plans afoot for a new stadium! This started about 2 years after the expansion of anfield finished. I'm not complaining but I find it a bit random that so soon after expansion a new build is coming. I have done quite well recently with great success in competions.

For those asking about Sterling I have been using him as winger on the left or a radmanteur on the right and he's been outstanding for seasons. One of 4 players left from the original squad along with Sinclair, Henderson and Rossiter now. Oh and Origi too who has been fantastic for seasons now!

Ah thanks mate. I'm a bit worried that he won't defend much but the fullback behind him is set to support so should be okay hopefully.

Finally ready for the third season after a busy transfer window.

In:

Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo) - 23,5 m

Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) - 13 m

Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) - 8,5 m

Mateo Kovacic (Inter Milan) - 36 m

Out:

Joe Allen (Swansea) - 10,5 m

Steven Gerrard - Retired

Mario Balotelli (Dortmund) - 35 m

Lazar Markovic (Udinese) - 13,75 m

Tiago Ilori (Benfica) - 6,5 m

Marco Verratti (Hoffenheim) - 21 m

Youri Tielemans (Levante) - Loan

Jordon Ibe (Wigan) - Loan

Squad 2016/17

Simon Mignolet - Jeronimo Rulli - Jon Flanagan - Emre Can - Eder Alvarez Balanta - Mamadou Sakho - Jonatan Tah - Jesus Vallejo - Danilo - Alberto Moreno -

Lucas Romero - Raheem Sterling - Suso - Jordan Henderson - Martin Ødegaard - Phillippe Coutinho - James Ward-Prowse - Mateo Kovacic - Domenico Berardi - Divock Origi - Memphis Depay - Luciano Vietto - Daniel Sturridge

Finally ready for the third season after a busy transfer window.

In:

Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo) - 23,5 m

Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) - 13 m

Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) - 8,5 m

Mateo Kovacic (Inter Milan) - 36 m

Out:

Joe Allen (Swansea) - 10,5 m

Steven Gerrard - Retired

Mario Balotelli (Dortmund) - 35 m

Lazar Markovic (Udinese) - 13,75 m

Tiago Ilori (Benfica) - 6,5 m

Marco Verratti (Hoffenheim) - 21 m

Youri Tielemans (Levante) - Loan

Jordon Ibe (Wigan) - Loan

Squad 2016/17

Simon Mignolet - Jeronimo Rulli - Jon Flanagan - Emre Can - Eder Alvarez Balanta - Mamadou Sakho - Jonatan Tah - Jesus Vallejo - Danilo - Alberto Moreno -

Lucas Romero - Raheem Sterling - Suso - Jordan Henderson - Martin Ødegaard - Phillippe Coutinho - James Ward-Prowse - Mateo Kovacic - Domenico Berardi - Divock Origi - Memphis Depay - Luciano Vietto - Daniel Sturridge

how could you sell Verratti???

Archived