FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

At work now so hard to answer some of those questions properly but I guess it's start of July still. I've answered the question around what I expect to achieve though the only choices were challenge for the title or win the title. Both gave a budget of around £2.5 million. toure has left on a free, re-signed Johnson on 70k for 2 years as he was exceptional. Currently trying to offload some of those who came back from loan such as Aspas and Assaidi plus Borini.

I wonder if budget will change once I have played and hopefully won my champs league qualifier.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At work now so hard to answer some of those questions properly but I guess it's start of July still. I've answered the question around what I expect to achieve though the only choices were challenge for the title or win the title. Both gave a budget of around £2.5 million. toure has left on a free, re-signed Johnson on 70k for 2 years as he was exceptional. Currently trying to offload some of those who came back from loan such as Aspas and Assaidi plus Borini.

I wonder if budget will change once I have played and hopefully won my champs league qualifier.

Did you sign anyone the previous season for instalments? The board will deduct from your transfer budget accordingly (this is shown in the transfer screen when you make those offers).

Did you sign anyone the previous season for instalments? The board will deduct from your transfer budget accordingly (this is shown in the transfer screen when you make those offers).

only signing was Depay, and I paid £12million cash.

I don't pay much attention to my bank balance to be fair, I don't really see how I can affect it much other than the obvious around wages, player sales and purchases etc. As I say I've only bought Depay a few players have had new contracts with pay rises, though not huge, but by the same account I almost halved Johnsons wages and got Stevie G to a agree a paycut. I need to offload Aspas etc but then I only get 35% off proceeds anyway, but removing them from the wagebill will help.

Sorry was busy the past day or so.

As promised;

2u793ed.jpg

wrbeb.jpg

As for PI's, I'm very much too lazy to upload them one by one. If you have a specific one you want to look at, tell me and I'll post it up!

Thanks. How is it going got you?

I'm actually now trying to focus on a 442 diamond ad it happens. Restarted my game as Reus wasn't really the best fit for it.

Are some of those instruction not a Hut contradictory - the closing down and stick to positions in particular. Players will have to leave their position to close down effectively.

Managed to dick Arsenal 3-0 in the Europa League Final with goals from Lambert (hero), Hendo and Lallana. The board and fan were elated. I have quite a few players coming in on pre-contracts in July, including Huntelaar and Giovinco in order to give me strength in depth. I'm not going to do a report for this season but I will do continuous updates for the next season.

Thanks. How is it going got you?

I'm actually now trying to focus on a 442 diamond ad it happens. Restarted my game as Reus wasn't really the best fit for it.

Are some of those instruction not a Hut contradictory - the closing down and stick to positions in particular. Players will have to leave their position to close down effectively.

Just lost my first game to Spurs in the League Cup Quarters to two mistakes from my defenders. Otherwise it's going peachy in the league (still 100% record). Qualified for knockout stages of UCL too, with Juventus coming up. I haven't been playing much the past few days (actually I haven't fired up the game at all) because I've been busy with life/work but I'll continue at my own pace once I have a bit more time.

And yeah the stick to positions bit is because I want them to press as a unit (it doesn't seem to be possible now with the disappearance of sliders from PI's. It used to be possible in 12 (or was it 13?) where you could set each player's level of closing down individually.) so I figured the only way to do a cheap imitation of it was to make them start from defined positions. Otherwise with so much pressing I'm afraid it's going to be a tad too haphazard. Mind you; my players still get pulled out of position, but to be honest my defence is ranked 5th for pace in the league so most of the time they can get back to clear. Not to mention the TI's and roles are just a base. Usually I change the TI's for penetration and/or width depending on opponent formation, and once I score a goal I shut up shop immediately by giving up any pretence of attacking and just try to make them play keep-ball.

How much did you sign Verratti for in the first season?

£5 million cash, £5 million over 48 months, and £25 million after 50 league goals. I'm playing him as a DLP(D) though, and he hasn't scored a single goal after half the season. I don't expect to be paying that £25 million anytime soon.

For the upcoming 2015/16 season there has been a lot of personnel changes at Anfield. I have signed 15 players for £87.67m and sold 8 for £140m. Coming into the club are 6 on pre contract deals, those being; Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Samuel Umtiti, Sebastian Giovinco, Nicola Lealli, Roberto Pereyra and Zakaria Bakkali. I then brought in 22 year old Brazillian DM Lucas Silva from Cruzeiro for £14.5m, Shkodran Mustafi soon followed from Valencia for £12.25m, next in was Thiago from Bayern for £21m and then finally I splashed the cash on Mauro Icardi from Inter for £32m. Along with this I signed 5 youngsters with another 2 scheduled to come in.

Leaving Merseyside were some pretty big names. Almost as soon as the transfer window opened on the 9th June City bid for Lucas Romero, who was an ever present for me last season. I, forgetting about his min release clause of £42.5m, said that I want £80m for him and they immediately replied with a £42.5m bid which I was obligated to accept. Then Southampton came knocking for Sebastien Coates and ended up parting with £3.2m to secure his signature, and even though I believe Jon Flanagan's contract was to be ending in a month (I may have seen that wrong), West Ham still stumped up £5m to prise him from me. Next, was another big sale. Daniel Sturridge has gone to Arsenal for £35m. He only managed 8 goals in the League for me last season and with Huntelaar and Icardi coming in I just couldn't guarantee him football so I gladly accepted Arsenal's offer. Jose Enrique and Andre Wisdom have both gone to Lille and West Ham respectively for a combined £8m fee. My final two sales were pretty large ones and ones the squad were not too happy about. Big Mamadou Sakho left to join Leverkusen for £20m. He'd been complaining about wanting to join Madrid as there was reported interest, so I offered him out but it was only Leverkusen that came back meeting my £20m valuation. Secondly, Emre Can left to join Monaco for £16m. Towards the end of last season he came to me asking for more football but I told him Joe Allen was playing too well to be dropped and that led to us having quite a severe disagreement, ending with him wanting to leave. So I gave him his wish and this resulted in Marco Reus coming to me and lambasting my decision. Needless to say all seems to be well now.

I have my first game of the season, the European Super Cup against CL winners Chelsea coming up in a week and I should be lining up like this;

Timo Horn

Matteo Darmian - Juan Jesus - Dejan Lovren

Lucas Silva

Adam Lallana - Thiago - Marco Reus

Mario Balotelli - Rickie Lambert - Mauro Icardi

If anyone wants any screenshots just ask.

sgu2d0.png

I've finally gotten the better of Jose Mourinho.

Stats-wise, we were both pretty even all game, it's just as usual Timo Horn was in inspired form and my players were clinical. Silva scored a cracker 39 seconds in, before Hazard weaved his way through to bring it level. Rickie Lambert then scored another stunner before Icardi slotted pasted Cech at the second attempt after Rickie whipped a devilish free kick in. Then with 15 minutes ago Giovinco carved the defence wide open with a lovely lofted through ball and Mauro slammed the ball past Petr Cech to bring home our first trophy of (hopefully) many this season.

Bummer.

Just entered 2016, only lost one game thus far.

Sakho wants out, so selling for $30m

Munir and Sturridge Combo netted 52 Goals in 59 Games.

Yeah was in season 2 when it corrupted gonna approach things differently from my last save & want to keep Sturridge

Sturridge, Munir and Origi are the 3 you will ever need! All 3 turn into Machines.

haven't bought Munir but got Barbosa in Jan of season 1 and he looks like developing into a beast. Munir wasn;t interested at the start and his Release clause was too high.

I have Sturridge, Lacazette, Origi & Barbosa at the start of season 2. all seem to play well together in pre season (sturridge/Barbosa & Origi/Lacazette partnerships)

i'm playing with 3 in the middle (DM,CM,CM) an AML and poacher with a F9 to the right. looks unbalanced but its working well

has anyone had any success with Markovic.

I think I might have to sell him. not playing an AMR at the moment and he's behind Coutinho/Sterling for the AML slot plus I have Ibe, Wilson & Odegaard who can cover there for game time

He was decent enough in my first season, but Lallana and Sterling have been a different class and now he's making noises about wanting to leave.

I can never get Lallana firing, Markovic develops into a star for me, however he does end up making to much noise which eventually despite all my efforts to hold him, I end up selling. Usually can land $40m.

I can never get Lallana firing, Markovic develops into a star for me, however he does end up making to much noise which eventually despite all my efforts to hold him, I end up selling. Usually can land $40m.

Im approaching half way in the 3rd season... Markovic was awesome for me in the first season, got injured a couple of times in the second season and is on fire for me currently in the 3rd. Usually play him as an AMR winger attack.

He was decent enough in my first season, but Lallana and Sterling have been a different class and now he's making noises about wanting to leave.

I've sold Lallana. Lad was a complete disaster. injured every second week and complaining about not getting games the other weeks!

almost caused me to dislike him IRL

Hi All

I've played CM/FM for years, been a member on here for years, but never posted, preferring to read everyone else's input!

So I am massive Red, and starting the game using my team is an absolute must, and it's unlikely i'll start a fresh for a few weeks now.

So, the only player I have bought in so far has been Berahino from West Brom for £8.5m, which I thought was reasonable after they were originally asking for £13.5!

No outs either as of yet, and with the window now being closed, nothing else is gonna happen until Jan.

I've set up with a 4-1-3-2 (narrow) and I like to play Sterling on the right of the 3 central midfielders where I play him as a Roaming Playmaker and he is causing absolute havoc for us! I then try and rotate Lallana (when fit), Hendo and Coutinho in the central midfield position, with Allen playing as a defensive central midfielder on the left, mainly to accommodate for the marauding runs from Moreno at LB! On the other side I play Flanno as a defensive Full Back, I made this switch from his original support role, after I watched him get torn apart at City by Yarmelenko as Sterling doesn't provide much defensive support on that side. Henderson has been quality in the middle of the park, hitting 4 goals and creating 4 also, by mid September.

Up top Sturridge (Adv Fwd), has remained injury free as of yet and has hit 9 so far in an unbelievable start to the season for him. Alongside him I rotate Lambert, Berahino and Balo, with Lambert being the pick of the 3 for me so far, not many goals but has had a bigger impact than the other 2. My loyalty to the club and our players usually clouds my judgment for at least a year, but ill be off loading Mario ASAP, just doesn't impress me. Same with Johnson, don't have any time for him IRL so he will be gone if I can find a suitor. I don't rate Skrtel either, but didn't see the point in selling him just yet as Sakho and Lovren are my preferred to anyway, so he'll do for the bench.

So, results so far have been encouraging, although 2 of my opening 3 were against Leicester and Burnley, which I won comfortably, losing 3-2 to City in between, as I said earlier, flanaghan had an absolute nightmare, it was painful to see Yarmelenko having a field day. That game aside I haven't lost. I sit 4th in the table after 6 games 4 wins 1 draw and the solitary defeat.

My CL draw was rather kind, Ludogorets, Schalke and Olympiakos, so I'm hoping for a rather simple qualification, especially after I beat Ludo 5-1 in the opener.

Chelsea next when I get home, im hopeful my team and tactics will stand up to the tougher opposition in both Europe and on home soil.

That's it from me, i'll keep you guys updated.

Hi All

I've played CM/FM for years, been a member on here for years, but never posted, preferring to read everyone else's input!

So I am massive Red, and starting the game using my team is an absolute must, and it's unlikely i'll start a fresh for a few weeks now.

So, the only player I have bought in so far has been Berahino from West Brom for £8.5m, which I thought was reasonable after they were originally asking for £13.5!

No outs either as of yet, and with the window now being closed, nothing else is gonna happen until Jan.

I've set up with a 4-1-3-2 (narrow) and I like to play Sterling on the right of the 3 central midfielders where I play him as a Roaming Playmaker and he is causing absolute havoc for us! I then try and rotate Lallana (when fit), Hendo and Coutinho in the central midfield position, with Allen playing as a defensive central midfielder on the left, mainly to accommodate for the marauding runs from Moreno at LB! On the other side I play Flanno as a defensive Full Back, I made this switch from his original support role, after I watched him get torn apart at City by Yarmelenko as Sterling doesn't provide much defensive support on that side. Henderson has been quality in the middle of the park, hitting 4 goals and creating 4 also, by mid September.

Up top Sturridge (Adv Fwd), has remained injury free as of yet and has hit 9 so far in an unbelievable start to the season for him. Alongside him I rotate Lambert, Berahino and Balo, with Lambert being the pick of the 3 for me so far, not many goals but has had a bigger impact than the other 2. My loyalty to the club and our players usually clouds my judgment for at least a year, but ill be off loading Mario ASAP, just doesn't impress me. Same with Johnson, don't have any time for him IRL so he will be gone if I can find a suitor. I don't rate Skrtel either, but didn't see the point in selling him just yet as Sakho and Lovren are my preferred to anyway, so he'll do for the bench.

So, results so far have been encouraging, although 2 of my opening 3 were against Leicester and Burnley, which I won comfortably, losing 3-2 to City in between, as I said earlier, flanaghan had an absolute nightmare, it was painful to see Yarmelenko having a field day. That game aside I haven't lost. I sit 4th in the table after 6 games 4 wins 1 draw and the solitary defeat.

My CL draw was rather kind, Ludogorets, Schalke and Olympiakos, so I'm hoping for a rather simple qualification, especially after I beat Ludo 5-1 in the opener.

Chelsea next when I get home, im hopeful my team and tactics will stand up to the tougher opposition in both Europe and on home soil.

You should put your Johnson prejudice aside and give him a chance. He's been awesome for me, loads of assists bombing down the wing. I then got to re-sign for 2 years on 70k a week which I was happy with.

I've sold Lallana. Lad was a complete disaster. injured every second week and complaining about not getting games the other weeks!almost caused me to dislike him IRL
For me he gets goals and assists aplenty from the MR position.

You should put your Johnson prejudice aside and give him a chance. He's been awesome for me, loads of assists bombing down the wing. I then got to re-sign for 2 years on 70k a week which I was happy with.

Maybe, with not making any major moves in the market yet, everyone has a chance to impress this season.

For me he gets goals and assists aplenty from the MR position.

no joke he was literally injured within 2 weeks of coming back from every injury. couldn't actually play him for 2 games in a row due to him never getting match fitness up. and then he came to me 3 times over the season looking to discuss his lack of games. in the end I just went assertive and told him I was selling him

Hi All

Nice to see a few fresh faces around :) Good luck with your save!

only thing is at the start you can get 15-17.5m from spurs for Glen which is hard to turn down. still leaves you with Flanagan and manquillo to start the season with. Also Gino Peruzzi can be bought for 3.4m is you need a replacement. good for 1 season at least and can be sold on for over 10m

only thing is at the start you can get 15-17.5m from spurs for Glen which is hard to turn down. still leaves you with Flanagan and manquillo to start the season with. Also Gino Peruzzi can be bought for 3.4m is you need a replacement. good for 1 season at least and can be sold on for over 10m

Especially how, given game time, Flanno turns into a damn solid full back. Hell the lad plays wing back for me and is even good going forward.

Looks like I'm going to sign Benatia for £11.5m. Cracking centre back for that price. Feel a bit harsh though, as he'll replace Vlad Chiricheş in the first team, who has formed a formidable partnership with Sakho. 0.5 goals conceded in the games they've played together. Although now Bayern are interested in Sakho, so if I can get around £30m (he's worth £21.5m at the moment) for him, I'll let him go and promote Balanta to play alongside Benatia.

Had a great 2015/16 season, winning the treble, unfortunately no PL title as of yet, got pipped by Chelsea, 2 points in it.

2015/16

Premier League - 2nd

FA Cup - Winners vs Chelsea (4-0)

League Cup - Winners vs Chelsea (4-3)

Champions League - Winners vs Bayern (2-1)

Awards

Sterling - Football Writers Footballer of the Year, PFA Team of the Year

Balanta - PFA Team of the Year

Sakho - PFA Team of the Year

Clyne - PFA Team of the Year

Henderson - PFA Team of the Year

Reus - PFA Team of the Year (Subsitute)

Can - PFA Team of the Year (Subsitute)

Me - Manger of the Year

------

2016/17

Summer 2016

Ins:

Thomas Vermaelen 9m - Anders Lindegaard Free & a 2 regens for a total of 2.2m

Outs:

Dejan Lovren 26m - Luis Alberto 4m - Andre Wisdon 5.5m - Rafa Paez Released

Just finished my pre season, yet to play a competetive game, happy with the way the squad looks barring the fact Munir is unhappy that Juventus wanted him and I didn't let him, a few wins should bring him round though.

NEVER ever teach sturdige place shot ( he has high finishing already) once i asked him o place shot he went from 2 goals a game to 0 omg what a waste maybe shoot power was a better choice

I though rounding the keeper will help balotelli nope he went more lazier as well @.@

sold Markovic for 10m on the last day of the window. just have no place for him in the squad. he wont get much game time and will block Wilson/Ibe/Odegaard's development.

also managed to sign 2 argie Regens who are getting 4.5stars from my scouts. a GK who will need 2-3 years to develop but could offer something if really needed now and a DC/DM natural in both positions. really strong stats in vital areas already (tackling/passing/heading/marking and decent physicals)

have a decent balanced squad now with some good talent coming through and still have about 70m in the bank. will only need to spend to replace now for the next 2-3 seasons while the regens & youths develop a little more

What ppm should i teach balotelli and sturidge Im thinking of play one twos so both of em either starts a 1 2 pass sequence with each other so one of em goes trough the defensive line and more importantly balo is much or a little bit closer to the goal (more chance for his long shots ppm to get in)

Absolutely gutted!!!

Was 2 points behind Chelsea final game of the season, I needed Chelsea to draw and for us to win as we had a better GD. Here's what happened...

0649db74a77c01db32096d610e2fed04.png9821a3061e891f21759f33f27056053d.png

That is devastating, I'm sorry :(

Had it with Lallanas injures comes back from the knee injury then gets injured for England

Not yet had any real injury issues with Lallana. I like to think I manage him quite well. Henderson has got 5 goals in 3 CL games btw. Absolute fire at the minute that lad!

get rid of him. waste of wages. always injured or complaining on my save.

Tbh he hasn't made any real contribution to my side, its just I quite like him IRL, will probably mean I keep hold of him in game!

Balotelli on the other hand, the guy is just un-manageable!

Archived