FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

January update now and things are going exactly how I want them to. 20 games in 20 won and almost averaging four per game. We are dominating the scoring charts as well, with Balotelli finally finding his way through after a terrible first few games that prompted me to transfer list him in a rage. He will rotate indefinitely with Sturridge all season as I have just sold Lambert and will use Jerome Sinclair as my back up striker.

In the Premier League (Results), we have got a lot of the difficult games out of the way already, these include:

Man United Away (3-2 win)

Chelsea Away (3-0 win)

Manchester City Home (2-0 win)

Arsenal Away (3-0 win)

Another highlight of the season was a 5-1 destruction of Everton, where things just kept getting better and better as the match went on.

403d3b8800b576f6710f42cfb99ffe1a.png

The table above shows not many surprises elsewhere, as the top seven are the ones you would normally expect to be in there.

In the Champion's League, we had a little blip in the form of a PSG draw, but I wasn't too worried, at that point we had won the first two games comfortably and only a disaster would have us avoiding to win the group. I tend to play a more defensive set up in the Champion's League, especially against the two bigger teams. I try to score 2 goals and then go on the defensive, containing and keeping possession to maintain the lead and it works very well.

In the Capital One Cup, I have been experimenting with formations and tactics, as it's a pretty easy competition, getting drawn against Premier League relegation fodder.

Player highlights so far include Balotelli who has 16 goals and 5 assists in 10 games (8.50 average rating), a tally that I could only dream for from him in real life. I don't play him that much either, but I have the feeling that I should start doing so.

Another highlight is the incredible Suso who, in the Winger (Support) position, is just absolutely outstanding. No need for fancy roles for this guy, he just does the job in pretty much every game that he has been involved in and he is the only player that I refuse to take off the team sheet.

I have my eyes on an English central midfielder to replace Gerrard who I will not be extending his contract past this season. He'll probably retire, but I don't care all that much because he flat out refuses to take a pay cut from his £140,000 a week wage. I'm aware that he deserves that wage, as he is a legend, but in game, he just quite simply doesn't play at all. I think that in the next season, I will develop Jordan Rossiter like I did last year into that replacement, he has been doing very well on loan out to Leyton Orient at the moment and I can see him slotting into the first team when he's ready.

Before a leave, a couple more screenshots:

a4e942bcbd54b82cffb473436cee84ef.png

aa170a3863e905ca24c6064f61736727.png

faa07038068d7a9a935841712ea07d29.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 3 Review

This season was all about Origi who was on fire while my other strikers were struggling. The league came down to the last day again with only a point between us and Chelsea. Luckily the last game was an easy one for us at home to Swansea. After losing the FA CUP final to United Stevie G announced his retirement so I played him in the Champions League final (also against Man United ) and he scored the winner in a 1-0 win !

Liverpool_HistoryBestEleven-3_zps2c81264c.png

Just won my 1st champions league beating PSG in the final after being 2-0 (3-2 I won)down gonna change to a 4-4-2 formation have a Sturridge & Origi Strikeforce means that I'll sell Erikson already have Alba coming from Bayern for 55 mill I'll post a review later on

Wow, impressive stats there Sabine, well done! Any chance we could have a look at your tactical setup? Cheers :)

January update now and things are going exactly how I want them to. 20 games in 20 won and almost averaging four per game. We are dominating the scoring charts as well, with Balotelli finally finding his way through after a terrible first few games that prompted me to transfer list him in a rage. He will rotate indefinitely with Sturridge all season as I have just sold Lambert and will use Jerome Sinclair as my back up striker.

In the Premier League (Results), we have got a lot of the difficult games out of the way already, these include:

Man United Away (3-2 win)

Chelsea Away (3-0 win)

Manchester City Home (2-0 win)

Arsenal Away (3-0 win)

Another highlight of the season was a 5-1 destruction of Everton, where things just kept getting better and better as the match went on.

403d3b8800b576f6710f42cfb99ffe1a.png

The table above shows not many surprises elsewhere, as the top seven are the ones you would normally expect to be in there.

In the Champion's League, we had a little blip in the form of a PSG draw, but I wasn't too worried, at that point we had won the first two games comfortably and only a disaster would have us avoiding to win the group. I tend to play a more defensive set up in the Champion's League, especially against the two bigger teams. I try to score 2 goals and then go on the defensive, containing and keeping possession to maintain the lead and it works very well.

In the Capital One Cup, I have been experimenting with formations and tactics, as it's a pretty easy competition, getting drawn against Premier League relegation fodder.

Player highlights so far include Balotelli who has 16 goals and 5 assists in 10 games (8.50 average rating), a tally that I could only dream for from him in real life. I don't play him that much either, but I have the feeling that I should start doing so.

Another highlight is the incredible Suso who, in the Winger (Support) position, is just absolutely outstanding. No need for fancy roles for this guy, he just does the job in pretty much every game that he has been involved in and he is the only player that I refuse to take off the team sheet.

I have my eyes on an English central midfielder to replace Gerrard who I will not be extending his contract past this season. He'll probably retire, but I don't care all that much because he flat out refuses to take a pay cut from his £140,000 a week wage. I'm aware that he deserves that wage, as he is a legend, but in game, he just quite simply doesn't play at all. I think that in the next season, I will develop Jordan Rossiter like I did last year into that replacement, he has been doing very well on loan out to Leyton Orient at the moment and I can see him slotting into the first team when he's ready.

Before a leave, a couple more screenshots:

a4e942bcbd54b82cffb473436cee84ef.png

aa170a3863e905ca24c6064f61736727.png

faa07038068d7a9a935841712ea07d29.png

Hi Everyone,

just thought i'd post a quick update on my save so far, dont get chance to play as much as i used to due to my duties as a daddy now! however i am still an avid FM'er! so here goes

Just in pre-season in 2nd season,

EPL - Won

Capital One Cup - Won

FA Cup - Semi final

Champs Lge - Didnt qualify from group

Europa Lge - Quarter Finals

Players in so far

Micah Richards - Free

Victor Wanyama - £25 mil

Out -

Johnson - released

Jones - released

overall very pleased with my first season but i have found that there are certain players like to moan, Lallana (not enough action) same with Borini, Lambert, Lovren and to really annoy me Sakho now wants to leave for Real Madrid as he wants to be in with a chance to win the CL!! i tried to talk to him and promise i would sign high calibre players in order to do this at Liverpool but he is adamant, gutted as he is a beast!! but i will try and get as much as i can for him!

Not sure what kind of players to target at the minute or who for that matter as i dont feel i need a massive change in personnel just obviously a GK, maybe try and get rid of a few deadwood though.

if you guys could recommend any potential signings in the meantime that would be great! Hope you guys are enjoying your games too!!

Laters!!

Second pre-season finished then. The board bumped my transfer revenue up from 35% to 50% which didn't really make the slightest of difference so my only signings were Balanta for £7M who would slot straight in to the team. Unsure who to partner him with, Lovren or Sakho. Lovren has the better attributes yet his form IRL is hard to ignore and I'm not a fan either and FM is about enjoyment right? Fabio Daprela was brought in for £2.5M to cover Moreno in that CWB(A) position and then finally as I released Jones I had to bring in adequate cover for Migs and so I spent a large £6.5M on Zoet- big price considering Migs is the superior keeper and Zoet will only really start in cups. Think it was more of a panic buy...

Outgoings were Coates, Wisdom, Jones, Toure, Allen, Enrique, Skrtel, Johnson, Borini, Assaidi and Alberto for £49M. So all 'deadwood' gone.

I've promoted Ilori who looks fantastic, Rossiter who is coming on leaps and bounds, Origi and Sinclair so Balo's time is coming to an end, which I don't mind as he didn't do anything fantastic last season- anyone managed to get a fair whack for him?

In other news- Emre Can, my mancrush decided he wasn't important enough to my cause and kicked up a right bloody tantrum when I rejected Inters approach for him. He's now not turning up to training yet I refuse to sell because he's great really. Gonna ride the storm on this one.

3 games in, 3 wins... 2 red cards?! AND MY CL GROUP... BAYERN, PSG AND Sporting.....That'll be fun.

Wow, impressive stats there Sabine, well done! Any chance we could have a look at your tactical setup? Cheers :)

In all honesty, it would be rather useless to show a tactical set up because I change the roles and instructions around so much.

The only thing I'm keeping consistent is the formation, as I change around the roles to suit the player in that position.

Okay, thanks. This means you also change the team instructions, mentality and the shape of the team (fluidity) for each match depending on the opponent? Sorry for all these questions, but I'm just very curious since it's rare to see such good defensive records combined with the impressive goal ratio.

He won't even stay if I win anything. :lol: He wants to go as soon as they bid for him, which seems unlikely at this stage.

Shame really, he's considered a World Class player and is my undisputed starting AMC.

Another player who wants to leave is Joe Allen because Manchester City have been sniffing around, but all I have to do is win the Premier League and he'll shut up about it.

Season review 5

League:2nd

Champions league:Won

Fa Cup; S/F

League Cup 4th rd

Haven't won many trophies in my 5 season all but only once gonna change from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 so i can have a Sturridge & Origi Strikeforce signed Alaba from Bayern for 52mill tried to sign Probga but don't have the money need to win trophies on a regular basis to get more money in my transfer kitty hope season 6 i can win a few

Season Review - 2015/2016: Liverpool FC is back on top of the world.

Premier League: Winner

Champions League: Winner

FA Cup: Winner

League Cup: Winner

Charity Shield: Winner

PL Highlights:

8-0 Win over Swansea

7-0 Win over West Brom

Balotelli top goalscorer 2 seasons straight (32 and 33 goals respectively)

CL Highlights - Beating Bayern, Barcelona, Man Utd and Real Madrid, showing myself as a worthy winner.

FA Cup run gave me: Peterborough, Brentford, Chelsea, Man City, Everton and finally Stoke.

League Cup run: Arsenal, Stoke, Chelsea, Man Utd and in the final, Southampton.

In short, some pretty tough cup runs, but I ran out winner regardless.

A few screenshots:

League Table 2015/16:

league-table-1516_zps3ab04aad.png

Results Spring 2016:

results-2ndhalf-1516_zps8a8cd966.png

Best Eleven 2015/16:

Best-eleven-1516_zps7290557e.png

Squad Summer 2016:

squad-start-season3_zps359e54f0.png

Players on U21 team not listed on the above squad picture:

Youri Tielemans, Divock Origi, Ryan McLaughlin, Jerome Sinclair, Jordan Rossiter, Lloyd Jones, Jordon Ibe, Sheyji Ojo, Martin Ødegaard and a stack of promising regens.

As you can see, my squad is really good by now, and perfectly suited for the tactic I'm playing with (The Typhon Reloaded from the tactics forum).

Notable transfers out so far:

First season:

Borini, £11.75M, Benfica.

Lucas, £10.75M, Roma

Skrtel, £7M, Dinamo Kiev

Second season:

Glen Johnson, £3M, Tottenham

Coates, £3M, Hull

Jose Enrique, £2M, Swansea

Mignolet, £16.75M, Monaco

Sakho, £26.5M+lots of clauses, Real Madrid (wasn't looking to sell, but offer was simply too good.

Assaidi, £10M, CSKA Moscow

Aspas, £9M, Bordeaux

Pione Sisto, £6M, PSV

Ilori, £3.4M, Sunderland

Luis Alberto, £1.6M, Krasnodar

Lovren, £11M, Dortmund

Rickie Lambert, £500k, QPR

Summer 2016 so far:

Tranq Barnetta, £1.8M, Wigan

Lallana, £8M, Tottenham

Suso, £40M+lots of clauses, PSG

Plans for season 3:

Improve defensively, don't lose a single game - see how Pogba handles PL.

In the long run, I now want to start focusing on bringing in UK talents, especially for squad positions, which is the reason why I've bought Andrew Robertson and Tom Ince (beside the fact that they were really cheap).

Next transfer goal is to replace Timo Horn with a British goalie. I've bid for Jason Steele as he has a relatively low release clause.

I will still get international superstars and talents for sure, but if there's a UK player that can do the same job as a foreigner, I'll do what I can to get the UK bloke instead.

This season will also most likely be Stevies final season as a player, but there are no other players even close to retirement in the squad, so for now, I'll just let everybody play as they want and see what happens :p

I have a pretty poor Manquillo then. 2 star for me with a black 3rd star and close to full potential. He isn't staying. Can in amazing on mine. Trained to cover everywhere and still 2.5 stars out of a 4 or 5 star potential player. His natural fitness and stamina make him a must retain for me.

Am annoyed with the quality of my original LFC youth. With the exception of Phillips make above 3 or 3.5 stars potential (Flano is only 2.5 star actual and potential in s2 for me), so will have to get rid eventually. Most have gone already. On that note, I sold Lloyd Jones as max 2.5* potential in summer between s1 & s2. I now have a UNH Balo and several squad members agreeing with him as he is complaining to the team. This side of FM15 really is over done IMHO. He is a useless player but you are unhappy he is sold!

So will not be a great season for me with too many unhappy players.

Especially as Sakho wants out to win trophies, when I won PL in season 1! I put a 50m price tag for RM when they bid and he is slt about that.

Ho hum.

Yeah, I have a tremendous amount of 4 - 5* potential at my club as well. It's only the first six months, but it's looking pretty good in terms of talent.

I'm still sad that Sinclair, Flanagan, Rossiter and Ibe don't have the World Class potential that they could've had last year because they were incredible in my save.

764fd230eef4faeeabd797c2c628b79c.png

edit: You may see a couple of players who have lower wages than originally began with like Markovic. In his case, it's because SI's amazing "scouts" think that he's on 75 grand a week when that is a complete load of arse but if I'm wrong and it is his actual contract, I will gladly change it back.

Agree with Balanta for sure. I opted for Gaston Gil over Lucas Romero though and haven't looked back.

Patrick Roberts just signed with us start of second season, so he can rotate with Coutinho and we'll see how he goes.

My scouts rated Gil Romero as 4 gold stars and a fifth black star, whereas Romero was 3 gold and a fourth black.

I decided to go for Gil Romero on that basis, and usually signed Romero in FM14, so fancied a change.

After 2 seasons Gil Romero had reached almost max potential at 2.5 gold stars (granted i had signed Pogba, Javi Martinez and Gotze by that stage, so star ratings were re-evaluated) and Romero had reached three gold stars with a fourth in black. He looked much the better player too. Wish I had signed him.

Still, sold Gil Romero to Monaco for 40mil, so wasn't a bad investment.

Of existing players potential:

Marko 3 gold star/1 black star

Can 4/1

Suso 4/1

Sterling 4/1

Hendo/Coutinho 4.5/0

Origi 3.5/1

Moreno 3/0

Flano 2.5/0

Manquilo 2/1

Phillips 4/1

Ibe 2.5/1

Rossiter 2.5/1

Wilson/Kent/Sinclair/Smith all 2/1

As I said, very poor. Mind you, the ratings for Markovic and a few others have dropped slightly the last month or so. Even the 2.5 star current are classed as leading players for PL side, so maybe I have to change my view on how good some of my younger players will be.

So how good is Patrick Roberts from Fulham? I haven't purchased yet as I have a lot of players that can play R/L IF. Suso has turned out to be a very special player and also have Origi and Tielemans. Not to forget some others such as Horvath. Have some major striker talent out on loan as well, so not too worried about more attacking players unless they can really improve to at least a star player.

Apparently the star ratings change depending on the players you have at the club so if you have better players, the younger players' ratings change accordingly.

I think I've actually got a bigger squad than I previously thought. Hard to always get a bench of 7 quite right. Although it might seem like that since I have some of the younger players showing up in the main squad whilst they're available for the under 18s and under 21s matches.

Star Ratings have always been relevant to the quality of your current squad. So will change if you suddenly sign 4 world class players.

As for squad building, I go for a very simple 2 in every position, then a couple of youth versatility players to help cover any injury crisis

Have had to retain a lot of the youth into new positions to suit my tactics. But they've all done really well at adapting.

I was convinced that was happening. But in reality, my squad hasn't changed much from last season as I have Origi returning from loan and Tielemans joining. A couple of strikers were also added although both with potential to be star players.

So to highlight the strength of my club, Moreno is 3* both current and potential. Yet he is a leading prem player.

I am going to have to work very hard to improve my squad from now on by the looks. Selling Balo is the obvious next move for me. I have less temperamental players out on loan that will fill his squad place and with Origi and Tielemans as well as back up to Sturridge.

So how good is Patrick Roberts from Fulham? I haven't purchased yet as I have a lot of players that can play R/L IF. Suso has turned out to be a very special player and also have Origi and Tielemans. Not to forget some others such as Horvath. Have some major striker talent out on loan as well, so not too worried about more attacking players unless they can really improve to at least a star player.
Worth it signed him in season 2 now he's a key player 4 seasons later

I'm liking the look of Patrick Roberts as well, actually.

How is he looking in your game attributes wise, Glenn? You seem to be pretty far ahead so I'm curious.

ill post a Ss later on but he's great but had lots if injures

He's just getting a couple of suspensions at the moment for Fulham (who he was loaned back to), I guess that's better than injuries though. :lol:
Once fit scores quite a lot goals from AMR & can be used as a striker in case of injures

season 3 review

PL: champions - won the title with 5 games to go. we were out in front from the start and went unbeaten until Christmas where we lost away to stoke on Boxing day! finished the season only losing 3 games and drawing 4. very good season

Fa Cup - lost in first round away to Chelsea

League Cup - lost the final to Stoke! on penos. dominated the game but could not score

Community shield - won beating Chelsea

Club World Championship - Won easily beating Lanus in the final

Champions League - after an eventful run to the final (we should of went out in the Qtrs but overturned a 4-1 away loss to Juve with a 3-0 home win) we met Real Madrid in the final. game finished 1-1 after 90 minutes and into extra time the game went, Varane scored to make it 2-1 to Real in the 95th minute so sentiment took over and I brought Stevie G on for his last ever appearance for the club 119th minute a free was awarded and up stepped Stevie - he hit the bar!! Gutted

Overall a very good season that could of been a whole lot better

I have a budget now of 120m for season 4. may have to sell a couple as they are looking for more games and more money.

Harry Wilson has developed nicely but wants to start ahead of Raheem and Coutinho so he will be let go. I also have Patrick Roberts out on loan but I think i'll sell him on to as I got a good regen in this season who i'd prefer to develope

Gabigol has been excellent for me but he is looking for 160k a week and his agent wont budge on that wage so I may have to sell. Lacazette will go as well to free up some space for another Regen I got in last season who is ready to start games now. Means Origi & Sturridge will be my main pairing, both of them hitting 30 goal mark last season.

have found a couple of very good looking regens that I brought in and loaned out last season. will be bringing them all back into the team for season 4 which will hopefully leave us very strong and Real Madrid have a young regen that i'v ebe trying to unsettle. so far real will only sell for his release of 94m but he looks like the new Messi so he may be worth it

Archived