FM15 : Liverpool FC - Re-rebuilding, all over again

cezar.sl

Just sold Balotelli to Bayern for £40m.

Fans were unhappy as he was a "fan favourite".

I had to sell though as I'd only been given a transfer budget of £11m and had to raise funds to strengthen elsewhere. Especially when I already have Sturridge, Sterling and Griezmann scoring 20+ goals and Origi waiting in the wings.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started my first Liverpool save of this year. Originally i wasnt sure it was going to be a long term one. I had a particular system in mind that i wanted to test/try out and as well as being a Liverpool fan, they had the perfect squad for it.

I set first transfer window budgets to off, to give the first season a sense of realism.

11 league games in, we have 8 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The loss was the first game of the season away to City, and we had 10men for 44mins. We spanked Chelsea 6 v 2 at Anfield in the middle of a great run.

Champions league we drew the group of death. Real and PSG (and Steaua). Need not have worried, after 4 games we are already through with maximum points. Real were dispatched 2 v 1 in the Bernabeau and 3 v 1 at anfield. PSG 1 v 0 at anfield. The system and ingame tweaks are working perfectly.

My biggest issue in the squad is upfront. Sturridge was the man sent off in that opener against City, and got a 3 game ban so i started Mario. I went into the save wanting to make it Sturridge as the top man, Mario i couldnt care less about because his abject performances IRL this season. Unfortunately (!?) he has been on fire for me and is undropable. He has 8 goals and 6 assists in 10 starts. Including goals against Spurs, Chelsea and both Real games. He is turning it on in style on the big day. Playing as long striker Treq and he is superb. I cant really put Sturridge in, other than the odd rotation.

I am a little tempted to try Sturridge in a wider area, but Sterling has 6 goals and 7 assists in 12 starts, Coutinho 5 goals and 4 assists in 12 (Coutinho moves around a bit in the system to be fair).

My biggest revelation has been Henderson as an attacking Centre Mid. 6 goals and 4 assits in 14 games, with a 7.62 Ave to go with it was not what i expected when i put him in the role whilst Lallana is injured. Biggest disapointent is Stevie :( 7 starts (injuries galore) and a single assits and no goals. Can and Allen have both outperformed him in the same role. Sad times......

With the Jan window i will probably only sign one player. A centre mid. I will likely ship Lambert, as he just doesnt fit my style. If i keep Borini he can act as third striker and also an option on the wing. The rest of the squad is well balanced. Might bring in a keeper because of my hate of Miglonet in real life, but in my game he has been ok.

Try to get Pogba.

The guy is just a beast, he is single handedly winning me games and lifting the team to glory.

The whole squad is playing so much better because the confidence he has brought the team.

Why are there no defenders in this game? lol.

No decent regens at all.

Transfers 2013/15 Recap.

IN

Pogba ($65m)

Balanta ($6.5m)

Tielemans ($8.75m)

OUT

Borini ($12m)

Toure ($550k)

Allen ($10m)

Leiva ($12m)

Next transfer window is all about the defense..

Review season 1

League:7th

Champions league:1st rd knockout stage

Fa cup:won

League cup:3rd rd

In the europa league by winning the fa cup have revamped my squad & staff for season 2 was gonna sell Balotelli but he was my top scorer on 25 goals in all comps will post my transfers & squad later on

I'm just starting the 4th season, no real transfer activity as I won the league and I don't really need to replace anyone. My squad is as follows:

Gk: Koyval, Ukranian 24 year old who will remain until my regen club grown keeper can step up

DR: Flano, Peruzzi, I just pick Flano for defensive games, Peruzzi for when I know I will press high

DC: Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Ruben Duarte - Skrtel/Sakho is my main pairing but Duarte wants to leave and he has developed quicker than I expected so I'm going to try and get him to stay because he looks class.

DL: Moreno, Jonathan Silva, I just rotate based on fitness here really.

MC: Lucas Romero, Hendo, Can, Will Hughes, Regen - my main pairing is Romero/Hendo - I don't really trust Hughes yet for some reason - I'm hoping my regen (from Derby actually) can quickly replace him (17 years old but I think 14/15 for tackling/passing and generally promising)

Attacking Mids: Sterling, Markovic, Coutinho, Pablo Sarabia, Andrija Zivkovic, Malcom

I tend to mix it up between wingers and CAM to try and get everyone a game, although I do generally keep Coutinho in the middle and Sarabia at left wing but otherwise I'm flexible here

Strikers: Studge, Aboubakar, Origi

Origi was league top scorer last season somehow, Studge got injured early on and Origi banged in 2 hat tricks so I couldn't really drop him- it was an African Cup of Nations year so Aboubakar was tired a lot which was kinda good because I struggle to give the 3 of them enough games.

So the only transfer activity I did beginning this season was Gerrard retiring (if that counts ;)) Mingolet left because he was moaning and Markus Henriksen left because I think Malcom will surpass him

I gave Gerrard the last home game of season 3 and subbed him off at 85 mins for a standing ovation (and his 1st PL trophy...)

Then I let him play his final game at Wembley in the FA cup final where he had a pen saved but told the media he has no fear of stepping up in future... Good luck with that one!

The good news is we've finally moved up to pot 2 in the CL draw so hopefully I can get further than the first knockout round!

Beat Juve 1-0 at home..Markovic scored the winner in the 90+3 minute lol

Balotelli Has played awesome for me 16 goals 17 assists

Markovic 19 goals

Mignolet has conceded 33 goals and Kept 9 Clean sheets..

Sturridge is the one that has played crap for me..5 goals and 8 assists

Just sold Lallana for £32.25m and Lucas for £30m after the second season. Lucas played very well for me, but fancy bringing in someone younger and with a bit more physical presence. Lallana, when he wasn't injured, impressed, but when I saw he was worth that much I had to offer him out.

Bugger. Lost Henderson on a free transfer. He goes to Man Utd and is straight away worth £37m :( Just sold Vlad Chiricheș for £30m to Barca, one season after signing him for £5m.

I've beed looking at Chiriches, how did he do for you?

Lovern was poor for me and I dropped many points due to his defending, so need a replacement for him

I've beed looking at Chiriches, how did he do for you?

Lovern was poor for me and I dropped many points due to his defending, so need a replacement for him

7.54 average rating from 35 games. Formed a good partnership with Sakho. Unfortunately for Chiricheș, I signed Benatia for £12m and he took his place in the side. But yeah, I'd recommend Chiricheș.

I am playing 5 across the midfield.

wp-ap-rpm-ap-wp.

I am surprised how Ryan Kent is performing in the wp role.

His stats are not awesome and his Potential Ability is at best 3*.

Has been popping up goals for me.

Just sold two of the best players the team has..

I would of not given in.

Yeah... Was gutted... Worse was I only sold them for 20m and 24m pounds....

However, I'm having my best season to date. In Feburary, 3rd season, only lost two ******** games and leading the prem by 5 or so points. I just sold Son Heung Min amd Sakho in January for 40m pounds each. I forgot that I got Son for cheap because of 20% future fees... Still made good profits on both players.

I got Isco for 18m pounds as well!!! Was unhappy and has scored 4 or 5 goals in 8or 9 games. So happy!!

I signed a guy named Aboubakar(sp). Been amazing!!! Scores nearly every game. Only problem was he went to the Africian Cup for 3 weeks.

On the whole, great season. Sold Asensio for 30m as well after getting him for 4.5m at the start of the game. I'm at work but might do a big post after the finish of the 3rd season.

Long time player but first time to post in the Liverpool thread so here goes.

EPL - Ten games into the season and we are dominating the league. 9 wins and 1 draw with no losses. 33 goals for in the league and 9 against. Beat ManU 5-2 (H) and crushed Arsenal 6-0 (H). Only dropped points was a 2-2 away to Chelsea.

Champions League - in a group with PSG, Barcelona and RB Salzburg and have managed a 100% record. PSG 2-1 (H), Barcelona 2-1 (A) and RBSalz 5-1 (A). Have Salzburg at home next game so I should be able to clinch passage thru to the next round.

League Cup - thru to Quarters after beating Yeovil and Villa. Meet up with the Hammers away next round.

Tactics - have three tactics that I use. 4141 rigid style which is a great setup for tough road games, 4123 which I use against tough games at home and an Assymetrical 433 that I developed for home and road games against weaker teams. I am averaging three goals a game for and 1 against. The only game I was dominated was the road game v Barcelona but I managed to pull out a win.

Performance - Sterling (9 App 11G 4A 8.32 AVG) Balotelli (8App 6G 5A 7.99 AVG) and Sturridge (9App 5G 4A 7.99) are the attacking trident that has been leading the way. In the midfield Lucas has been excellent and so has Hendo. On the D Skrtel has been dominant (7.95 Avg). Coutinho, Markovic and Lallana have not preformed as well due to injuries and and tactical decision.

Transfers in- Usual candidates of Horn (3.8 M) Balanta (7M) Romero (8 M) and Odegaard. No transfers out but not for lack of trying. RMadrid came in with a bid for Skrtel (10M) which I accepted and Inter agreed to a 12 M bid for Borini. Both moves collapsed as both teams were unable to come up with the funds to finalize the deals. Skrtel responded but being unhappy but has played lights out for me. Borini is a bit part and I am hoping to move him on during the next transfer window.

The team is playing really well and morale is very high. Have had a continual stream of players my office complaining about lack of playing time, Lallana, Markovic and Coutinho being the chief whingers. Can see that the practice of having bloated squads like in past FMS is not going to be doable. I am looking to streamline the squad but the candidates that I was going to move like Johnson, Lucas and Skrtel have just played too well.

haven't had much time to play over the wknd. got an hour in last night.

second season has started ok. sitting top after 9 games but spurs have a game in hand and are only 1 point behind. Ive won 7 and lost 2 in the PL so far.

IN my CL group I have Real Mardrid, Dortmund & Vitesse,

We played Vitesse first at home and set the tone for the group with an impressive 5-1 win. up next was Madrid and once again they gave us a lesson winning 3-0 with us putting up very little fight. next game up was Dortmund away, massive game to our hopes of getting through the group and we put in our best performance of the season so far winning 2-0.

Next game up is Dortmund at home. if we can manage a win there I would think we would be through.

into the Qtrs of the LC as well. cant remember who we got but I know I was happy with the draw so we may make the Semi's there.

no plans to make any further buys in the Jan window. have a good squad with cover everywhere and a few regens to give game time to. can only really see myself sacrificing players if a Worldie becomes available or a player wants a move away.

big decision to make on Manquillo as well. has everyone made his move permanent??

Those games you know that you're going to lose no matter what you do..

Had two of these in a row, FA Cup final and ECC final.

Was 1-1 with Man United in FA Cup, they won on penalties.

ECC final, Barcelona awaits, I knew this would be painful, after demolishing R.Madrid 4-0 in the Semi's. We get out early and look good, before i knew it, we were 2-0 up! I was like OMG.

Balotelli went down injured, Lambert on.

All of a sudden, my team turns to mush, Barcelona put 2 past me, Messi is annoying :(

Sturridge grabs a third for Liverpool, we are 2-3 up.

Messi is floating around the field with Suarez next to him, my defenders can't do anything! But they keep missing?? I was like huh??

We hold on, and defy the odds to win 2-3 and take ECC.

So Won EPL, COC and ECC. Runner up in FA to Man U..

Not a bad first season.

No way, Flano and Johnson on the right do better.

I know Johnson will need to be replaced within 2 years, but Flano is such an awesome backup.

I sell Johnson on the first day. Manquillo and Flanno are good enough first season and 15-17m on Johnson cant be turned down. I have Callum Chambers in now as well but he's been played at CB for the moment. Might keep manquillo for 1 more season until a couple of my young CB's are ready for the first team. Have Vallejo and 2 regen cb's who look good and will be first team ready by season 4

Had a up & down start to season 2 suffered a shock 3-1 loss to Forest got belted 4-0 by Utd but ive gone ok since then 4 games unbeaten in the next rd of the league cup beating City in the 3rd rd Patrick Roberts got both goals

Had it with Lallanas injures comes back from the knee injury then gets injured for England

He managed 10 minutes of his comeback for me before getting injured again for a month. When he came back in November, he actually played quite well for me, being a match in two of his three appearances (one start and once of the bench).

However then he complained to me about not getting enough game time. Given his injury problems (the coach reports for him even more it), and the intense competition for places on my team for players in his position (generally only play one player in the AM strata and Raheem has been exceptional), I'm willing to let him go. I got Arsenal to bid 23 million for him so hopefully he will accept them.

Given I only have 2million in the bank its badly needed!

Transfers

izvtw5.jpg

Squad

2wlrq6x.jpg

2zpscjk.jpg

What were your scouts saying about Dele Alli? Mine just don't rate him. Even though I think his stats look okay they are not spectacular and I've used a few scouts with him who all gave him just 3 star potential. Because of this I can't bring myself to sign him.

S

Started my first Liverpool save of this year. Originally i wasnt sure it was going to be a long term one. I had a particular system in mind that i wanted to test/try out and as well as being a Liverpool fan, they had the perfect squad for it.

I set first transfer window budgets to off, to give the first season a sense of realism.

11 league games in, we have 8 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The loss was the first game of the season away to City, and we had 10men for 44mins. We spanked Chelsea 6 v 2 at Anfield in the middle of a great run.

Champions league we drew the group of death. Real and PSG (and Steaua). Need not have worried, after 4 games we are already through with maximum points. Real were dispatched 2 v 1 in the Bernabeau and 3 v 1 at anfield. PSG 1 v 0 at anfield. The system and ingame tweaks are working perfectly.

My biggest issue in the squad is upfront. Sturridge was the man sent off in that opener against City, and got a 3 game ban so i started Mario. I went into the save wanting to make it Sturridge as the top man, Mario i couldnt care less about because his abject performances IRL this season. Unfortunately (!?) he has been on fire for me and is undropable. He has 8 goals and 6 assists in 10 starts. Including goals against Spurs, Chelsea and both Real games. He is turning it on in style on the big day. Playing as long striker Treq and he is superb. I cant really put Sturridge in, other than the odd rotation.

I am a little tempted to try Sturridge in a wider area, but Sterling has 6 goals and 7 assists in 12 starts, Coutinho 5 goals and 4 assists in 12 (Coutinho moves around a bit in the system to be fair).

My biggest revelation has been Henderson as an attacking Centre Mid. 6 goals and 4 assits in 14 games, with a 7.62 Ave to go with it was not what i expected when i put him in the role whilst Lallana is injured. Biggest disapointent is Stevie :( 7 starts (injuries galore) and a single assits and no goals. Can and Allen have both outperformed him in the same role. Sad times......

With the Jan window i will probably only sign one player. A centre mid. I will likely ship Lambert, as he just doesnt fit my style. If i keep Borini he can act as third striker and also an option on the wing. The rest of the squad is well balanced. Might bring in a keeper because of my hate of Miglonet in real life, but in my game he has been ok.

What system are you using?

Quick question:

Beginning of season 4; Oscar is available for 29million pounds. He's classed as a 'World Class' player. I have Coutinho and Suso playing AMC and they do alright... Should I still buy Oscar?

Just did it... I'm a little top heavy but hopefully it'll be okay!

What were your scouts saying about Dele Alli? Mine just don't rate him. Even though I think his stats look okay they are not spectacular and I've used a few scouts with him who all gave him just 3 star potential. Because of this I can't bring myself to sign him.
Opps uploaded the wrong screenie of transfers depends might come good how you tutor them & game time is important as well

First 3 or so months on season 3 balo has 16 goals in 7 matches @,@ ( make him single striker or any role that receives the endb bnall like cf a poacher or af or treq with the tries first time shots ppm) IM about to teach him stay in penalty box im not sure he will learn it as he has 5 already is there limit in the ppm?

My 1st team 6 games in, unbeaten

Horn

Moreno, Sakho (Balanta), Skytel, Johnson

Henderson, Gerrard (Romero)

Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Balatelli (Lambert)

This proves to be a solid team, only let in one goal so far.

Archived