Football Manager Classic 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

I find the responses from SI quite staggering and insulting to the customers who are asking questions on here. I mean customers being accused of being rude, antagonist and abusive when I cannot see any evidence of this is shocking.

All the people are asking for is an editor or if not a decent explanation as to why there isn't one. SI customer service needs to step up finally and be more transparent with their fans

No. They have been rude and antagonistic. Lucas himself has been very friendly towards everyone and has explained why the editor isn't available. He has also encouraged to put it in the wishlist again even though they're quite aware of it being wanted by quite a lot of people.

When it is possible to include an editor, they will.

No. They have been rude and antagonistic. Lucas himself has been very friendly towards everyone and has explained why the editor isn't available. He has also encouraged to put it in the wishlist again even though they're quite aware of it being wanted by quite a lot of people.

When it is possible to include an editor, they will.

Fair enough, when they include, they will include it.

But don't suspect that it will make costumers go, "Oh okay I will wait for another year, then." They have be doing it for the last two years. 2 years! Three versions of FMC. It is bound to have some higher level of frustration on the costumers.

Sure if the editor wasn't one of the top requested features in the past two years, people wouldn't be so passionate about it. But the thing is, it is being one of the top requested features since FMC started back in 2012 in FM13. I mean people flocked when they discovered the bug to use the custom databases in FMC13, before it was fixed by SI people. I would even understand that the editor was never a top priority for SI, because they focus more on the Unlockables, since it has the potential of earning a bit of extra money.

I don't know what is the technical difficulties that FMC has, compared to normal game and I doubt Lucas or anyone at SI will say it, for developing reasons or something. I don't understand why was such big deal for such a bug that needed to be quickly fixed as it was back then, sure it had the potential to be bug breaking game, literally, but Si could easily say, if you use it go on your descretion. Yet fixing the quickly has made this indignation atmosphere not only in these forums, but people commenting in real life, that SI focus was making money with unlockables, despite every unlockable could be unlocked via the game. people tend to be theorist of conspiracy by nature, but, that is the human mentality, i guess.

To end this long post, I do not see me rampaging these forums so that Press Conferences and Media interaction be removed from FM altogether, which is my dream, since I hate them. However I do understand I belong to the minority regarding that opinion, that Press Conference and Media interaction is not a core functionality of FM, despite the focus it is getting from SI. I guess at least the people at SI seems to enjoy them so much. But the thing is the editor request is not done by a minority, it is majority of costumers (I won't say all of them, because I know some people who believe that the editor should be a exclusive to the FM, which I don't agree with that opinion), that want it to play fantasy and leagues not available with the game.

So I do please ask not only the Moderators and SI Personnel, but other users as well, to really understand the frustration of the people that really want an editor to further enjoy FM and have been waiting for it, for a very long time.

If you read any of our posts and especially Lucas's posts on the subject, you'll see that there is a lot of sympathy for these frustrated users. Hostility and abuse won't be tolerated though.

If you read any of our posts and especially Lucas's posts on the subject, you'll see that there is a lot of sympathy for these frustrated users. Hostility and abuse won't be tolerated though.

Is there?

It may not be Lucas' fault but it's just the same reply over and over - put it in the wishlist thread and hope we'll take a look at it this year.

No explanation (despite many people asking in this thread) as to why it's taken them 2 years to put the most requested feature in FMC that was already (basically) working but was taken out. Not good for customer relations when people have been waiting expectantly for this feature.

And of course as Lucas said, just because people want it doesn't mean we have to do it... But then they can't expect everyone to happily accept it.

I give up now, see you next year I guess when we'll probably be told to put it in the wishlist thread whilst SI work on more dodgy lasagne unlockables that will earn them quick and easy cash.. because I bet that's the real reason why the editor was taken out, as they reckon people won't buy them if there was an editor.

Just a little further up the thread.

It was mentioned last year, the editor doesn't quite support FMC due to the amount of changes in the mode. Certain things wouldn't be clear from the dbc how they would work, and dbcs also affect game speed, so can hinder the mode as a quick way to play the game.

We're aware of people suggesting it, and there's even people internally have suggested it. But it's a feature request, and is something that may be considered for a future version if it's possible to include.

That explains why. He doesn't need to go into more detail.

Now let us get back to the actual features, please.

No explanation (despite many people asking in this thread) as to why it's taken them 2 years to put the most requested feature in FMC that was already (basically) working but was taken out. Not good for customer relations when people have been waiting expectantly for this feature.

Post #42 contains a copy of a quote explaining this and a link to the original source. Lucas has since also confirmed that as a result of this issue, the position remains unchanged.

In spite of that, the desire for Editor functionality is acknowledged and continues to be considered - see post #45.

Honestly guys, I'm not sure what more can be said on the matter? The frustration is abundantly clear and acknowledged. It is hard to offer more than that and I don't see the point in repeatedly referring back to a matter that has been amply clarified .

Just a little further up the thread.

That explains why. He doesn't need to go into more detail.

Now let us get back to the actual features, please.

Well the training feature is quite good for those that are into it.

Dodgy lasagne is pretty much the stand out from the video (and not in a positive way - that says a lot about it really).

But we cannot deny that the major talking point is the absence of an editor (even a simplified one)

To be fair, I'd settle for a January transfer update, that's what stopped me from playing FMC past Feb this year, but that's just me :)

Looks to me like another step on the journey, SI seem wary of protecting the lightness of FMC (which is exactly right), I just hope that for those of us who will only exclusively play FMC, the unlockables don't reach a stage where they are too gimmicky or obtrusive.

Even though I play FMC, I still feel like I'm a "proper" football manager player, just one who's not quite so much of a fan of one or two of the deeper features.

UI looks very good, and the training is excellent.

Was well pleased with FM Classic last year - the only thing i wanted to see added was more post match analysis that could be found in the full fat game. For those who

like spending time on their tactics (i.e. me) i would find the heat map etc invaluable. Adding it in doesn't mean people have to use it, so i don't feel it burdens users. Butcant see it in the video, so here's hoping it is one of those unannounced features being added.

• Administrators

It's been requested in the wishlist thread but there's never been anything to stop you loading a PKM saved in an FMC game into FM.

A .pkm is a filetype. In FMC (and full FM) you can save a match you have played using an icon in the top-right before you leave a match. It will be saved as a .pkm file.

Then, if you want, you can quit to the start screen and select "View Match", navigate to the .pkm and view the FMC .pkm in the "full game" Analysis Tab. It's not elegant or integrated, but it is a viable solution to using the Analysis Tab in a roundabout way for FMC matches.

Hi,

Just wondered if there will be a full list of changes released at any point? Just interested to see the overall changes especially as the demo / beta version for pre-orders should be out this weekend (I know it was just a rough 2 weeks before the release date but it cannot be far off).

Thanks Ed

"It's not elegant or integrated, but it is a viable solution to using the Analysis Tab in a roundabout way for FMC matches."

and that is my problem. Like Balotelli it is a frustrating workaround. I don't see how adding it to the classic game mode has any impact on users who don't want to use it, but those of who do, well its great to have when designing/tweaking tactics.

Still, its not like i'm not going to buy the game even if its not in.

it is a frustrating workaround. I don't see how adding it to the classic game mode has any impact on users who don't want to use it, but those of who do, well its great to have when designing/tweaking tactics.

I'm probably the most vocal person around banging this drum (ask Lucas!)

However, it's one thing to want something, and another thing to implement it. If it isn't in FMC15, it could be in FMC16.

It could still be in there. They haven't really shown much of the tactics side. They might have reworded some of the roles, or added things. Since they haven't shown it, either there were no changes to show, or there have been changes and it is a surprise.

In anticipation of FM15, I have loaded up FM14 again and playing some quick FMC games - because it is just so simple to get into. For FM15, however, I will probably start with the full version.

I'm probably the most vocal person around banging this drum (ask Lucas!)

However, it's one thing to want something, and another thing to implement it. If it isn't in FMC15, it could be in FMC16.

I agree with this, 95% of my posts are about the editor, but it hasn't happened this year so we move on... I guess if you look at all of the requests / suggestions, if they implemented all of them we would have a second FM game, not a stripped down FMC game.

Ed

Archived