Fmc2015?

Only thing I can find is this: http://www.footballmanager.com/info/pc-mac-linux

CLASSIC MODE

Updates to Classic Mode allow you more freedom when selecting nations, leagues and players in your gameworld. Plus, you can now skip pre-season (in first season), take control of player training, make more board requests and there are new unlockables, such as; 'Dodgy lasagne', 'Unsuspend player' & 'Lifetime player'.

I'm intrigued by "more freedom when selecting nations, leagues and players", hoping this means the use of editor files...

• Administrators

Hello.

There's indeed a separate video planned for FMC15 for PC, Mac and Linux. There are no other platform releases planned I'm afraid.

"Take control of player training" sounds promising - that's certainly something I banged on about in the Wishlist thread.

Same as that, my one notable issue with FMC in 14. Even if it's a more limited pick a role and/or position, I'll be very happy. Sometimes I just want to play my striker on te wing to give him game time, or squad coverage, but don't want him to start training as a winger, inside forward, or whatever.

Sometimes I just want to play my striker on te wing to give him game time, or squad coverage, but don't want him to start training as a winger, inside forward, or whatever.

This is an interesting point, and hopefully one Lucas can clarify:

In FMC we are used to the position a player plays in influencing his training. IF we are getting some level of control over Role training, what takes precedence in FM15 - where he is played, or what Role he is training in?

So, if I train a guy as a Box To Box midfielder but he is playing at ML due to an injury crisis, what happens?

EDIT - You probably can't answer this until the pre-order Beta is live after the 24th :) One to keep in mind though please!

• Administrators

I can't answer that or give details to the feature (it will spoil things) but it is something I'll be keeping in mind. Hopefully there will be some more information once the video is available, but naturally will be taking comments and feedback on board to fine tune things for release with any feedback we get.

Lucas it's good that you're active on here, I don't think it would be too revealing to suggest when we can anticipate the release of the video? Are we talking days or weeks?

Probably days, cause in two weeks the beta will be available if you pre-ordered the game.

• Administrators

It wouldn't be too revealing at all but it will be released when it is ready. There isn't a date 'set' as such but we are working on it and it will be available when ready :)

I would have thought it would be available before pre-order beta of course so you won't have too long to wait.

TBF makes no difference what's in the video, FMC is (for me) the best advancement in the game for years. It's positioned almost perfectly (still hoping for Editor, player position training).

I just pray that the ethos of FMC doesn't change, and that not too much of the depth from FM creeps in over time...

• Administrators

I have been FMC QA since day one so a lot of ideas for future advancement come through the forums and the QA and Dev Team here. What you say about 'too much depth', we'd politely call bloat for FMC.

FMC is clearly different than FM and is for a different kind of player, aimed at quick gameplay. While there will be future versions there's always going to be some improvements to FMC, whether this is an FMC specific feature, or sharing some of FM's features that just make sense to have.

It's a process thats carefully considered each year and the ethos of FMC is very much part of what drives classic mode features.

I have been FMC QA since day one so a lot of ideas for future advancement come through the forums and the QA and Dev Team here. What you say about 'too much depth', we'd politely call bloat for FMC. FMC is clearly different than FM and is for a different kind of player, aimed at quick gameplay. While there will be future versions there's always going to be some improvements to FMC, whether this is an FMC specific feature, or sharing some of FM's features that just make sense to have. It's a process thats carefully considered each year and the ethos of FMC is very much part of what drives classic mode features.
Perfect...

Unfortunately it won't be coming to the Vita :'(

Thankgod I didn't get a Vita then but would have done if the game actually came out last autumn but yeah really took the .... not being out till april so yeah now look at it with respect to fmc. Good riddance ps vita, your rubbish.

I think the balance of FMC is just right, if people want more media interaction / team talks / training, doesn't that just mean they should be using the full game version?

Its just the add-ons that I think FMC needs, editor for one (yep I know I am like a broken record), ability to change skins, etc... just the look and feel aspects, for me I would by FMC2014 again if I had the option for an editor... ok I will stop now, I wont mention editor again!!!

:o

For what it's worth, this fellow made a matching FMC skin to go with his regular one, but it had some issues. I don't know if he ever fixed them in the end.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387806-FM14-RELEASED-Vexillium-for-FM14-and-FMC14

You were right about FMC custom skins :thup:, I just had the confirmation from Lucas Wheaterby, testing lead for SI games.

FMC15 Features Video is out!

I for one am very excited about Training, PPMs and Tutoring. No sign of Analysis Tab which is a shame, but one step at a time!

UI looked good for Fat Mode and looks great for FMC too.

That training stuff does look very good.

I used to think the analysis tab was for people who were looking at things too hard, and not that important. Freely admit I was well off there, once I went through a long term save on full fat, I was using it quite religiously, most especially the scoring chances, and average positions panels. I could actually see them be more useful in Classic, for tactical experimentation since you're never hindered by familiarity.

Disappointing that video, really. For the game setup, i didn't see any difference compared to last year, except the skip pre-season button(where is the retain players from a certain nation etc.?). Those unlockables are just nonsense (personal opinion), wanting a streamlined version doesn't mean i want to circumvent regular bans or serve lionel messi a bad lasagna. The biggest fact though is that editor compatibility was left out, when will i be able to manage in the Faroe Islands again, why won't you let me do that? (I know, i can just play the full version) The only good thing is the option to ask the board for almost all the possible things, especially youth setup.

I like that there's more board requests available. Everything else was pretty much 'meh'.

Very disappointing that we still can't use custom editor files, and very weird that it looked like they were trying to pass off removing league restrictions and selecting a large database as a new feature.

Archived