So I just feel like venting.

jase19

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many apologies, but flat out wrong.

After editing his salary down to 50k/week he signed for ManCity for 200k/week. So it has exactly zilch to do with "CA/rep/whatever"

===

Anyhoo, the fun here was enough. And always remember laddies, when FM collides with reality, it must be reality that is wrong.

What have you proven exactly?

How have you concluded that CA/rep/whatever means zilch?

What is clear is that you have very little clue as to how the transfer market works in FM and have little desire to understand it.

I'm pretty sure anyone trying to educate you here are just wasting their time but hopefully other users who are reading the thread will have a better understanding and have taken something from the discussion.

After editing his salary down to 50k/week he signed for ManCity for 200k/week. So it has exactly zilch to do with "CA/rep/whatever"

===

Anyhoo, the fun here was enough. And always remember laddies, when FM collides with reality, it must be reality that is wrong.

FM collides with reality because you edited the salary to a fictional amount? Ergo, FM collides with fiction - not with reality. Your lack of (willingness to) understand(ing) this is really baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post

===

FM collides with reality because you edited the salary to a fictional amount? Ergo, FM collides with fiction - not with reality. Your lack of (willingness to) understand(ing) this is really baffling.

:applause:

Fine, I'm wrong. Now what have you proven? The fact is, his wage demands are too high for most/all clubs (that he'd be interested in moving to) at the start of the game.

===

This seems to disprove your argument if anything. So you lowered his wage to a ridiculous amount. But even after offering him out for $0.00 his wage is still 200K per week to join another club? How many clubs do you reckon can afford that even without a transfer fee? I can’t see the likes of West Brom, Southampton, Everton and Stoke beating down the door.

The only bug is that the manager who offers a player of Ronaldo's quality & value out for free isn't immediately relieved of his duties & forced into retirement due to being the biggest fool ever in the history of management.

So you think it realistic that if Real offered Ronaldo out for nothing, no-one would offer a contract???? No-one would at least try to offer him a contract???

I'm not saying it should be easy to offload player, but sometimes it is downright impossible.

So you think it realistic that if Real offered Ronaldo out for nothing, no-one would offer a contract???? No-one would at least try to offer him a contract???

I'm not saying it should be easy to offload player, but sometimes it is downright impossible

All clubs would like to try but can they afford his demands?

Yes I appreciate that, but are you saying should Ronaldo become available for free, that United, Barca, Bayern, City maybe even Chelsea would not be able to afford his wages?

I also appreciate the Ronaldo analogy is far fetched as Real would never let him go for free.

As a test, I have 5 players I want to move on, Elliot Bennet, Ryan Bennett, Bradley Johnson, Kevin Nolan and Fredy Montero all no longer needed for my Norwich side (2015). I can get no offers for these players (all of whom are on low contracts), when I feel most Championship sides would be be interested and able to afford them (whether the players would want to go is another matter), cannot even get loan offers, and as a test I offered them out for no monthly fee with no wages to be paid, stil no offers. This, imo, is unrealstic, vertually every Championship club would want at least one of them if there was absolutely no montary contributions to be paid by them.

This seems to disprove your argument if anything. So you lowered his wage to a ridiculous amount. But even after offering him out for $0.00 his wage is still 200K per week to join another club? How many clubs do you reckon can afford that even without a transfer fee? I can’t see the likes of West Brom, Southampton, Everton and Stoke beating down the door.

They may not want Ronaldo, but what about a first team player for Portugal who only makes 30k/week and really wants some first team football anywhere?

Yes I appreciate that, but are you saying should Ronaldo become available for free, that United, Barca, Bayern, City maybe even Chelsea would not be able to afford his wages?

I also appreciate the Ronaldo analogy is far fetched as Real would never let him go for free.

As a test, I have 5 players I want to move on, Elliot Bennet, Ryan Bennett, Bradley Johnson, Kevin Nolan and Fredy Montero all no longer needed for my Norwich side (2015). I can get no offers for these players (all of whom are on low contracts), when I feel most Championship sides would be be interested and able to afford them (whether the players would want to go is another matter), cannot even get loan offers, and as a test I offered them out for no monthly fee with no wages to be paid, stil no offers. This, imo, is unrealstic, vertually every Championship club would want at least one of them if there was absolutely no montary contributions to be paid by them.

Maybe the players themselves wouldn't be interested in joining a tier 2 club... Even if the tier 2 club could afford the wages.

Regarding the Ronaldo case:

Even if Ronaldo would move to another club and that club could afford his wages likely they wouldn't want him anyway as he would disrupt the wage structure at the club. Ronaldo joining another club would likely mean other players want pay rices as well.

The biggest issue by far is your choice of playable leagues.

Whilst it might not be ideal the fact is the more playable leagues you have loaded the better the transfer market is.

That's great. I sold to Olympiakos and Ajax recently. I've picked up 1 or 2 good players from Brazil recently. Hard to remember without looking how many. I know I loaned some kids back to Brazil as well. So yeah...

That's great. I sold to Olympiakos and Ajax recently. I've picked up 1 or 2 good players from Brazil recently. Hard to remember without looking how many. I know I loaned some kids back to Brazil as well. So yeah...

Good to see you read what people write :rolleyes:

I never said it didn't work, I said the more playable leagues you load the better it works.

Also despite the purchases & sales you've made to your non-playable leagues above the fact remains that you started a thread because you aren't happy with transfers.

Maybe the players themselves wouldn't be interested in joining a tier 2 club... Even if the tier 2 club could afford the wages.

Yes, but the clubs wouldn't know that until agreeing with my offer first. I appreciate the players may not be interested in dropping a level (despite not being played by me all season), but the simple fact is, in real life I would have clubs making an offer for them (especially in the last test scenario I did in offering them on loan for no fee, and 100% wages paid by me), as opposed to having the message "no clubs are interested in making an offer for player x"

But would the end result be the same? How do we know the players would turn them down? As it stands the clubs have point blank refused to make an offer so therefore have not spoken to the players. I am saying it is very unrealistic that the clubs wouldn't want to even speak to player A,B or C.

I am not saying the transfer system is "broke" like many do, just think it needs tinkering with.

Good to see you read what people write :rolleyes:

I never said it didn't work, I said the more playable leagues you load the better it works.

Also despite the purchases & sales you've made to your non-playable leagues above the fact remains that you started a thread because you aren't happy with transfers.

Glad to see you are sure there's never a problem with anything. Ever. And that you are never wrong. Ever. :rolleyes:

Glad to see you are sure there's never a problem with anything. Ever. And that you are never wrong. Ever. :rolleyes:

The games good enough for people to buy and therefore support it again and again. Your on a forum of people who love the game what do you expect? Who spend a lot of there own time explaining and attempting to get through even to the thickest Brick. Yet have to put up with Trolls continually opening/starting the same old thread over and over.

You have a choice if you cant play the game and after years of trying still cannot get your head round it either take the advice or..........!

Having read most the post's on here, taking on board all points taken.. I'm with the OP on this one.

I've said many many times that the transfer system is flawed and unrealistic even in my personally experience- ( too many to mention )

Point being!..at the end of the day regardless of Wages/Form etc etc etc...A player of Ronaldo's caliber or a similar star status (the list is endless) being offered on a free, The'd be queuing up to sign him up..forget affordability etc etc, I'm sure any world class team would attempt to break there wage budget/structure in an instance!

Just my opinion

Taking over a new club here. I need to offload a few players because they just don't fit the way I like to play. Good enough players, high enough value. Yet, nobody wants to buy them. Quite strange if you ask me. Irritating, even. Seems like every window in real life, if clubs want to get rid of a player, they do. It's not like I'm asking for 15m for a player valued at 12m or something. I was getting to the point where I was asking for 1m for a player valued at 6m... Before I realized it was going to be like that again and quit for the night. Happens far too often. /rant

Yeah I had the same problem in Manchester United. Had to sell Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia for essentially close to 0 (and I was still on the hook for half of their salary), and nobody wanted to take Anderson even for free.

This is definitely not like IRL - there will be hundred clubs willing to buy Young and Valencia for 2M.

In football manager the AI knows in advance that the club wage structure and finance will not allow them to pay that much wages for Ronaldo (decision based on computer logic). I know in real life teams would be rushing in to try and sign him. They might succeed they might not. This is what you want happening in the game I guess. Teams to be offering contracts to Ronaldo and see if he accepts. But like I said the AI works on logic and knows before hand that this will not possibly happen so will not offer a contract in the first place. In real life clubs would forget logic and go in with emotion to try and snatch a player of his caliber since hes available. In the end Ronaldo might not agree to lower his wages much and would decline. If SI can program emotion into the AI (what an idea) then things might be different. Im not defending FM. The transfer market has its faults. This is what I think about Ronaldo's case and why teams in FM would'nt offer.

I didn't ask for advice. I have no trouble succeeding in the game. I vented about offloading players.

I know how you feel. But at the end of the day sometimes the players you don't want, for one reason or another, aren't wanted by anyone else.

Having read most the post's on here, taking on board all points taken.. I'm with the OP on this one.

I've said many many times that the transfer system is flawed and unrealistic even in my personally experience- ( too many to mention )

Point being!..at the end of the day regardless of Wages/Form etc etc etc...A player of Ronaldo's caliber or a similar star status (the list is endless) being offered on a free, The'd be queuing up to sign him up..forget affordability etc etc, I'm sure any world class team would attempt to break there wage budget/structure in an instance!

Just my opinion

Fair enough. Way I see it, if Ronaldo wants to go he'll go regardless of the price. If he doesn't want to go, you can't make him go even if you offer him out for free. And even then wanting to break budget isn't the same as actually attempting it.

Yeah I had the same problem in Manchester United. Had to sell Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia for essentially close to 0 (and I was still on the hook for half of their salary), and nobody wanted to take Anderson even for free.

This is definitely not like IRL - there will be hundred clubs willing to buy Young and Valencia for 2M.

:D

Both are currently sitting in my reserves. Young makes way too much freaking money :mad:

In football manager the AI knows in advance that the club wage structure and finance will not allow them to pay that much wages for Ronaldo (decision based on computer logic). I know in real life teams would be rushing in to try and sign him. They might succeed they might not. This is what you want happening in the game I guess. Teams to be offering contracts to Ronaldo and see if he accepts. But like I said the AI works on logic and knows before hand that this will not possibly happen so will not offer a contract in the first place. In real life clubs would forget logic and go in with emotion to try and snatch a player of his caliber since hes available. In the end Ronaldo might not agree to lower his wages much and would decline. If SI can program emotion into the AI (what an idea) then things might be different. Im not defending FM. The transfer market has its faults. This is what I think about Ronaldo's case and why teams in FM would'nt offer.

That's certainly an interesting point. But I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do so.

Which is why despite being up for sale, all three are still at United in real life.

A lot of people dont realise, its not transfers fees that really put off a club, its wages. Good luck trying to find a club willing to pay Ashley Young 120k right now.

Which is why despite being up for sale, all three are still at United in real life.

A lot of people dont realise, its not transfers fees that really put off a club, its wages. Good luck trying to find a club willing to pay Ashley Young 120k right now.

Don't forget that in real life, nobody is selling them for free. MU is trying to get $10-15M for Valencia and Young, and at least $4M for Anderson.

I'm sure that in real life, a bunch of clubs would sign Young and Valencia for $2-4M, even with high wages. Because in the end, the cost of the player is transfer fee + wages, and if the wages are high but transfer fee is low, it would make sense to sign.

Don't forget that in real life, nobody is selling them for free. MU is trying to get $10-15M for Valencia and Young, and at least $4M for Anderson.

I'm sure that in real life, a bunch of clubs would sign Young and Valencia for $2-4M, even with high wages. Because in the end, the cost of the player is transfer fee + wages, and if the wages are high but transfer fee is low, it would make sense to sign.

No club is going to pay Ashley Young what we're paying. Regardless of the transfer fee.

Only a big club can pay the wages of ashley young and lets face it which club is going to want to pay him those high wages

I know how you feel. But at the end of the day sometimes the players you don't want, for one reason or another, aren't wanted by anyone else.

Fair enough. Way I see it, if Ronaldo wants to go he'll go regardless of the price. If he doesn't want to go, you can't make him go even if you offer him out for free. And even then wanting to break budget isn't the same as actually attempting it.

Think your missing the point I was trying to make fella, this is purely a case of "what clubs" would be interested and not a case of "if he wants to go or not"

There is absolutely no way in an IRL situation in the footballing world, any world class player regardless of fee/wages etc etc etc, wouldn't generate interest ( and we are talking one of the best players in the world here) that the OP would get that message and even more so if they offered him out for £0 let alone his original value

Many times I myself have had the same unrealistic experiences here's an example...

I signed player X for a nominal fee, he had an overall average rating on 7.82 over 3 seasons had a high CA/PA..attributes for his position ticked all the right boxes etc etc...As an experiment I offered to clubs at face value...no one interested..halved his value....no offers, on my Dof recommendation I was advised to offer him out for £0 to generate interest( why?? I don't know)...and guess what ..not one club bidded and I even made it public, now here's to my point...

Do you think realistically I would even have to offer him out in the first place? given his overall form alone? or would it be realistic to say (I manage a team with a low/mid rep) that any team/ AI or whatever you want to call it, Managers would be queuing up to sign my up and coming potential star AMC playing in the Premiership? and this is just one example

Point being I am not suggesting that every player I offer out that I should get an outright bid, but given the 2 above examples, you would think(comparing to to a IRL situation) that you'd have at least one interested party.

If you are trying to buy a player, chances are you'll pay more than their current wage to convince them to switch. That is standard for all transfers at all levels.

Clubs are looking at his current wage, guessing what his demand will be to move, and deciding it's not worth pursuing. If he wanted to leave, and they think he'd accept less to do so- and that lower figure was within their means (keep in mind that "less" in CR7's case is still a lot), maybe it would be. But that's not the case. You want him gone, he wants a pay rise to do so.

Only half a dozen clubs in the world could consider him, and right now, even they're saying his wage demands to move are too high. Your best bet is probably to annoy him to the point of demanding a move, in the hope he'll lower those expectations just to get away.

I didn't ask for advice. I have no trouble succeeding in the game. I vented about offloading players.

If you want to get rid of Ronaldo sack him. Why should he lose money? If you sell him he will invariably be signing for a smaller wage the one he is currently on is not within any Clubs wage structure so they will not bother trying. That's why there is no interest.

How many times in game have you been asked to pay the wages of a high earner your trying to get rid of? Real Madrid would need to as well if they ''WANTED'' Ronaldo out. Any way if you want realism you should be sacked and beaten up by RM supporters for being a useless manager for even trying such a thing.

Would you rather have 50 bids and 50 player rejections for a player you want to get rid off or just a news message stating no clubs think the transfer is viable / are interested?

Is it not what's basically being discussed here?

A more interesting discussion would be whether players should be more willing to take a wage drop / club rep drop than what's currently experienced in FM when they clearly no longer are wanted by top clubs / clubs willing/able to pay their current wages.

Irl Ronaldo doesn't want to take a wage cut - he wants to be the best paid player (a status symbol). Anderson and Young seems happy to be paid their high wages for the time being. Probably they should half their wages if interested clubs were able to pay. Bendtner waited and waited before joining Wolfsburg because he wanted to be paid what he got at Arsenal.

On the other hand you see players that want to play no matter the pay...

It's difficult to get transfer dealings right with these different personalities (and agents) but for the players mentioned in this long thread I find that FM is handling it correct.

You say that, but if I'm not mistaken Man United have been trying to offload, both passively and actively, some of those players (Nani, Anderson, etc.) for at least a season, most likely more. Nani has been loaned out in fact, rather than sold, probably due to United not being able to find a buyer and Nani having little interest in taking a pay cut.

You say that, but if I'm not mistaken Man United have been trying to offload, both passively and actively, some of those players (Nani, Anderson, etc.) for at least a season, most likely more. Nani has been loaned out in fact, rather than sold, probably due to United not being able to find a buyer and Nani having little interest in taking a pay cut.

I tried to offload a few players (cant remember their names) for for them to leave I had to agree paying a percentage of their wage on their remaining contract, even though they are permanently transferred to another club. I did get some transfer money from it, so there are options...

I tried to offload a few players (cant remember their names) for for them to leave I had to agree paying a percentage of their wage on their remaining contract, even though they are permanently transferred to another club. I did get some transfer money from it, so there are options...

I think Human players want to get the value they want for transferlisted players. If you want to sell your unwanted players showcase them by playing them in matches.

Thus why I believe he is passing by on great career like Ronaldo.

If I was him I prefer to take a lower wage then what he receives on Man United, playing in lower rep club if I knew for sure I indisputable part of the first 11. But that is me.

As for the transfers in FM, someone said that the Transfers works better, if you load more leagues and countries. I'm only who is stupid enough to believe in the Utopia idea that the Transfer block of FM should work the same if you load 1 league from one country and load all leagues from all countries? Also players with the right personality (which is already part of FM), can take cut of their wager if it means to secure a position in the first 11.

As it stands, the transfer works good, but it is far from being that great as some people here seem to point out. I think there is room to be improved to work to achieve that utopia dream. Until then, if I can't sell a player, I will try to incoporate him in the first team. If he rants about it or demands too much, I assure you he will rot in the reserves or Youth Team until his contract is over.

Thus why I believe he is passing by on great career like Ronaldo.

If I was him I prefer to take a lower wage then what he receives on Man United, playing in lower rep club if I knew for sure I indisputable part of the first 11. But that is me.

As for the transfers in FM, someone said that the Transfers works better, if you load more leagues and countries. I'm only who is stupid enough to believe in the Utopia idea that the Transfer block of FM should work the same if you load 1 league from one country and load all leagues from all countries? Also players with the right personality (which is already part of FM), can take cut of their wager if it means to secure a position in the first 11.

As it stands, the transfer works good, but it is far from being that great as some people here seem to point out. I think there is room to be improved to work to achieve that utopia dream. Until then, if I can't sell a player, I will try to incoporate him in the first team. If he rants about it or demands too much, I assure you he will rot in the reserves or Youth Team until his contract is over, even if that player is Messi or Ronaldo.

How can you expect the transfer system to work well if you load just one league from one country. There will be a LOT of great players released and there are too few spots to fill?

This issue seems to come down to how one wants to play the game. Play in a measured 'realistic' way with regards to transfers, buying and scouting according to need and gradually building up a squad and you will not have trouble with the transfer system, although of course it is not perfect and I'd say wages for veterans need to come down a little, to take one minor point. But if you want to grab Manchester United or Real Madrid, kick out 10 players and build a FIFA-style dream team you are likely to get frustrated, and rightly so as this just does not happen in the real world.

This issue seems to come down to how one wants to play the game. Play in a measured 'realistic' way with regards to transfers, buying and scouting according to need and gradually building up a squad and you will not have trouble with the transfer system, although of course it is not perfect and I'd say wages for veterans need to come down a little, to take one minor point. But if you want to grab Manchester United or Real Madrid, kick out 10 players and build a FIFA-style dream team you are likely to get frustrated, and rightly so as this just does not happen in the real world.

:applause: Very well said!!!

How can you expect the transfer system to work well if you load just one league from one country. There will be a LOT of great players released and there are too few spots to fill?

Here is wild idea, have the clubs in inactive leagues be as active as if their league was loaded? Sure that would mean quite few resources to the game. But isn't that what the game, in a way, does when you load handful of leagues from handful of countries? I mean those clubs in the inactive league don't freeze in time and don't make transfers. Throught the versions of FM I sold plenty player to clubs that I choose no to load their leagues.

But that is what is the main feature of this game. Picking up one of our favorite clubs and build team that becomes the best of the best. Wins the Champions League and World Club Cup. Picking up a team in lower leagues and made them a World monster that wins everything.

The same I think should be the possibility to build a dream team out nothing, if your club reputation is high enough.

Realism is not be all and end all of FM world. It must be majority? Is of course, but there needs to be room for fantasy/dream, to lead, for example Gasforth Town to success and build it to have the best dream team the World has ever known. That is why I'm against for having a Messi or Ronaldo to be in this status of unsellable during their prime years.

Sure Messi will never in real life, abandon Barcelona. However in FM there must be room to buy Messi, if you have the money and the reputation to do so.

Here is wild idea, have the clubs in inactive leagues be as active as if their league was loaded? Sure that would mean quite few resources to the game. But isn't that what the game, in a way, does when you load handful of leagues from handful of countries? I mean those clubs in the inactive league don't freeze in time and don't make transfers. Throught the versions of FM I sold plenty player to clubs that I choose no to load their leagues.

But that is what is the main feature of this game. Picking up one of our favorite clubs and build team that becomes the best of the best. Wins the Champions League and World Club Cup. Picking up a team in lower leagues and made them a World monster that wins everything.

The same I think should be the possibility to build a dream team out nothing, if your club reputation is high enough.

Realism is not be all and end all of FM world. It must be majority? Is of course, but there needs to be room for fantasy/dream, to lead, for example Gasforth Town to success and build it to have the best dream team the World has ever known. That is why I'm against for having a Messi or Ronaldo to be in this status of unsellable during their prime years.

Sure Messi will never in real life, abandon Barcelona. However in FM there must be room to buy Messi, if you have the money and the reputation to do so.

That is what the editor is for then right? To create your own fantasy world in FM

It's not that simple though. If you don't add a league, presumably it's because either you don't want to manage there at any point during the save, or you physically can't afford to load it, because the processing would take too long. In the latter case, you have to accept some degree of clubs stagnating, because there is simply no way of them being realistically modelled without just loading the league anyway. You could have the most realistic transfer system going, but you'd probably have to load every single league as standard. Anyone fancy that? Maybe you'll get lucky and get to the end of the transfer window before the laptop melts.

Nah, not for me. If you just want to play top trumps with players, FIFA's more the game. FM is a simulation, so Messi will very rarely leave. Plus you're comparing apples to oranges - your fictional Gasforth Town (assume you mean Garforth) will have no chance of reaching the dizzying heights for decades (compared to never in real life I imagine). By that time, your top trumps players will be long retired. You'll then be able to pick up players (newgens) even better than them if you have the money and the rep.

So in summation - Messi/Ronaldo are specific cases, that have club loyalty and outrageous demands to thank for being virtually immovable. Once you move beyond their time into newgens, that problem won't happen, again, provided you have the money and rep.

That is what the editor is for then right? To create your own fantasy world in FM

Yes, it is. :) I time to time like to play Europe league, with all top clubs in Europe. Or to play the Scottish, Welsh, North irland Clubs in the English leagues and to be fair it was one of my favorite saves I had in long time.

It's not that simple though. If you don't add a league, presumably it's because either you don't want to manage there at any point during the save, or you physically can't afford to load it, because the processing would take too long. In the latter case, you have to accept some degree of clubs stagnating, because there is simply no way of them being realistically modelled without just loading the league anyway. You could have the most realistic transfer system going, but you'd probably have to load every single league as standard. Anyone fancy that? Maybe you'll get lucky and get to the end of the transfer window before the laptop melts.

Nah, not for me. If you just want to play top trumps with players, FIFA's more the game. FM is a simulation, so Messi will very rarely leave. Plus you're comparing apples to oranges - your fictional Gasforth Town (assume you mean Garforth) will have no chance of reaching the dizzying heights for decades (compared to never in real life I imagine). By that time, your top trumps players will be long retired. You'll then be able to pick up players (newgens) even better than them if you have the money and the rep.

So in summation - Messi/Ronaldo are specific cases, that have club loyalty and outrageous demands to thank for being virtually immovable. Once you move beyond their time into newgens, that problem won't happen, again, provided you have the money and rep.

The first part, fair enough.

The second I was giving an example. But if you say that it won't happen again, I have to take your word for it, since I usually don't go that further in the future.

So, basically, if I want Messi in my team, either train Barcelona, or forget about it? I'm I the only one see a problem here?

Archived