Now the transfer window has closed

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My FM-ing:

I usually take up the richest team first of all - just to get me into the game and used to the various quirks. So it'll be Man City or Chelski.

My first "proper" game will be Leeds United, as that's my team. If past FMs are anything to go by this will go for about 10-12 years.

I will then usually progress to the following:

Return to my first "practice" game, because I will usually have grown attached to a couple of players and want to develop the youngsters I nurtured. If I win everything too fast I'll quit after a couple of seasons never to return.

Then it'll be someone like Real Madrid or Barca just for kicks. Usually 2-3 seasons.

Then I'll start unemployed and work my way around the leagues, getting as high as I can.

Then various other challenges like keeping Hull in the prem, etc, until the January patch comes out.

And then I'm back to Leeds for as long as I can.

Perhaps I answered more than the OP's question here. Guess I'm just excited about the new game.

hmmm i have the feeling that by the time FM10 comes out I will have attempted to manage probably between 30 and 50 teams. However, probably only 5-10% of those games will last longer than a season. I only wish i could play fewer saves and commit longer to them, damn my short attention span lol.

hmmm i have the feeling that by the time FM10 comes out I will have attempted to manage probably between 30 and 50 teams. However, probably only 5-10% of those games will last longer than a season. I only wish i could play fewer saves and commit longer to them, damn my short attention span lol.

I actually think that this is a symptom of how the amount of playable countries and leagues has expanded. There are so many options and challenges now that, often, when the chips are down, it can seem tempting to give up and try again elsewhere. But even whn things aren't going badly, so many other options can still appeal and you end up giving up on a game because you just can't resist trying something else. It happened to me a few times on FM08.

starting off as liverpool, as always. gotta have a bash at managing Luton, just for the challenge, then we'll see what develops. i must say im not lookin forward to managing liverpool as much as i have in recent years.

Pompey are very very appealing. In spite of me never liking Defoe and Crouch in isolation, I think that duo is going to be lethal. Additionally, I admire Dave James, and the Kaboul-Distin partnership is one I would keep in tact as long as I can.

I'd also consider any of the talent-heavy french or german clubs.

Heres how my gaming goes once I have a newly purchased copy of Football Manager :-

1st) Manager rich premier league club, usually Chelsea but this time will probably opt for Man City. This is to get a good feel for the game and find some good tactics using the best players.

2nd) My Oldham game. The team I have always supported and love. Taking them to Premier League glory will be the aim here. I'm looking forward to this even more this year since Oldham have added 7 new players and kept hold of all of their talented youngsters.

3rd) The ultimate challange. The age old war between myself and my best mate on our network game. He is always Manchester United (team he supports) and I am usually Arsenal (since i want to challange him but dislike Liverpool and have to much advantage with Chelsea), however depending on how my 1st) game with City goes, I may look to be the light blue half of Manchester (more money but squad not as good) to challange him this time around.

4th) Manage overseas. 1 or 2 season games with (some but not all of) Barca/Madrid/Inter/AC/Bayern/Rangers/Lyon and this year Zenit

5th) Manage England to World Cup Glory - although this could get incorperated into my Oldham game (2nd).

Just talking about it makes me exited like a little schoolboy. Can't wait, roll on tomorrow and roll on demo and release date. :)

I'm currently with Man City on 08 (they are the team I follow) and being in 2031 and with a club value of £2b I think I'm going to go for something different on 09 as I tend to only play the one save game each year. More than likely it will be Stalybridge, Cwmbran or Albion Rovers depending on whether or not league reputations are static or not.

well I'm still playing 07, as I didn't care too much for 08 after playing the demo for reasons stated many times on these boards.

but I'll definitely give the 09 demo a shot, and as always, my first save is always the red and white wizards - Sheffield United!

If I buy the game, I'll start all over again with them, and maybe another save as unemployed. Never start a game without a job before, so may give that a try; it'll be a new challenge for me.

up the blades!

Archived