What type of game do you play?

What type of game do you start with?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What type of game do you start with?

• English Journeyman career
    • Abroad Journeyman career
    • LLM in England
    • LLM abroad
    • Top English Club
    • Top Abroad Club
    • Start unemployed
    • Defauge challenge
    • Team that you support

As above really, interested to see the type of games other FM'ers play and why?

1) Journeyman career starting in England

2) Journeyman carrer starting abroad

3) Managing LLM in England

4) Managing LLM abroad

5) Managing top English clubs

6) Managing top abroad club

7) Start unemployed

8) Defauge challenge

9) Manage team you support

I've started FM13 in BSN and am doing Defauge challenge, sometimes though I feel like I want to go back and manage team I support as havent done this in last 3 versions of FM

Number 7 that turned into number 9. I started unemployed and ended up in the Brazilian 3rd Division with Chapecoense spent 14 seasons managing them but found it hard to compete with the huge money other Brazilian sides had to spend so I left and went to Flamengo. Spent 2 seasons there but couldn't get into it so left for the MLS, again spent 2 seasons there and then Sunderland the side I support in real life offered me a job so I accepted. I reached legendary status at Chapecoense and if I can reach legendary status at Sunderland I'll look to move to Crewe or to a side in Chile or Argentina.

I voted top English club. I usually start with somebody like a Man Utd or a Chelsea because I enjoy having the money to spend and being a title challenger straight from the off. Either that or my own tea, Newcastle United.

For the first time ever on FM13 I've started with (and stuck to for a full season) a lower division team as I've started with Gateshead FC. Actually really enjoying the game which I've never done before when I've played a lower division team as I have always found the fixture congestion, low finances and the fact I know diddly squat about the players down there to be too hard a challenge. Something different about this game though, I've enjoyed it. Secured a play-off spot, 4 points behind the league leaders with 2 games to go.

I usually start the game with Liverpool (my fav club) and then will start with Newport county and look to get them into the premier league and then when i get bored i will start with a mid league club and will just go from club to club spending a maximum of 2 seasons at a club and seeing how much i can win (usually do lots of holidaying as well)

Then i tend to start using the editor to create fantasy teams and massive leagues with all the best clubs in the world and make stupidly high prize money and no over grown players limit or anything so it's just the biggest clubs against eachother in around 4 or 5 divisions (seasons pretty short) with all the best players in the world

I've tried a lot of different game types recently so I've voted according to my current save, where I started as a retired international footballer at Genoa in Italy, and have just recently moved to Sochaux in France. I don't have any real aims with this game other than to try to achieve as much success as I can and go where the fancy takes me so you would probably call it a journeyman save.

Other game types I have done recently included: Starting unemployed and ending up spending a number of seasons in the Swedish lower leagues (which was great fun and was documented in a thread on these forums), managing in the MLS, and the old standard from the earlier CMs - trying to build one of my favourite foreign teams (Inter or Deportivo) into the best side in Europe. I can never play as the side I support in real life (Sunderland) but I'm not sure why - I tend to get a bit hung up on not selling players who are still at the club in real life, which is often a hindrance, and also I take poor results a lot worse than when managing another team.

Another fun (albeit less challenging) approach is using the editor to create a team of mates who conveniently have world-class attributes. Easy to win everything when you cheat on the editor but it is great fun.

I always start with Liverpool (team that I support), but eventually (after a few saves and after the last patch is out), I'll pick a promising blue square premiership club to take to the European Cup.

This year I might do something different and go manage Melbourne Victory (probably won't actually change saves, just leave Liverpool in a few more seasons) in the A-League. See if I can drag that competition standard up a little.

The first game that I start when having a new FM in my hands (digital hands nowadays) is a lower-league English club, which I make into the best club in the world. I never change clubs since I hate watching the AI demolish everything I have built up over several months in a matter of a few continue-clicks.

This was Salisbury this time around, but a patch made the tactic inconsistent so I have discontinued it for now.

So I chose number 6, since the current game I am Lazio.

I'm always playing as a journeyman and move if I feel like it, but not for the sake of it. Don't like games with the aim of having managed in a certain amount of countries, I just move on to progress my career. I start in England usually but I'm not restricting myself to English clubs at all.

Therefore I went for the abroad option.

Always do LLM abroad, hate the English style of football. There's never a certainty to where I start, I usually post a poll on the forums and let people chose which league then I chose the team. Done about 10 seasons taking a team from Swedish 4th tier to Prem, winning it and getting into Europa knockout rounds but had to reset my laptop to factory settings today so lost it all! (couldn't back up as usb ports were corrupt) :/

Always do LLM abroad, hate the English style of football. There's never a certainty to where I start, I usually post a poll on the forums and let people chose which league then I chose the team. Done about 10 seasons taking a team from Swedish 4th tier to Prem, winning it and getting into Europa knockout rounds but had to reset my laptop to factory settings today so lost it all! (couldn't back up as usb ports were corrupt) :/
Bit late to help you now, but if your interwebs were still working you could have emailed the save to your self!

Fave team for me and never leave that club. I may eventually start a new career at a lower league team and try to get them promoted but I probably won't have time this year.

Also have a mutliplayer going on, went with my fave team on that as well. We start a new game every year, sometimes with a different scenario. Last year we all started in League 2, the previous year we all had a big club in my World League, another year we all picked similar mid-table Premier League clubs.

Start LLM in England and usually end up doing journeyman too on the BETA i was Truro City with a big debt and losing money the board didnt expect much, I surpassed all expectations and got into the play offs, dont think i went up and then had all my budgets slashed and lost Stewart Yetton! I resigned shortly after!

Usually the club I support IRL (Sunderland), but this year I've gone nowhere near them. Got a few saves on the go, most of them English LLM, although I have recently started an LLM game in Romania which has been quite good fun.

Always as Bromley, thankfully we start in the lowest playable level anyway as my alternative would be to start at the bottom and work up. I play until we have won everything and there is no challlenge, if there is time before the next version, I may then start a journeyman abroad but usually have just the one save per version.

I'm doing dafuges challenge this year for the first time playing as Kettering. I usually do something similar in the lower leagues, but this is the first go at the challenge. Really enjoying it so far, I've got us to League 2. In the past I have played with the team I support (Forest) but I never do very well - I tend to feel an attachment towards the current players and don't like to make any transfers! Its too hard to take off the rose-tinted spectacles!

Archived