Do you think the transfer fees and contract demands need toning down?

I've experienced the odd issue with wages. One example; Just starting the 3rd season with Liverpool and Lucas Leiva has a year left on his contract, currently about £70k. He wants £165k, which is more than I can afford, so I have to cancel negotiations because he won't accept the top amount I can offer (about £120k). I decide I will sell him if I get a decent offer, rather that than lose him on a free but then he then gets injured for 3 months so nobody is interested. As he returns from injury I decide to try the contract again, as I only have one month before clubs can approach him. This time he only asks for £66k, so I manage to extend his contract.

I'm assuming his injury has caused his CA to drop a little bit, thus making him feel he is worth £99k per week less than before his injury.

I've now decided to always look at extending contracts when players are out injured.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always managed to keep my wage bill in a fair range in my Save. I always try to have players accept the lowest week wages possible, my highest earning player started with a 270k p/w demand, it took some time and good amount of attempts but he settled for 190k in the end. Considering that my team is by far the best in the world in my game, than I think these wages are pretty low.

35bbmhi.png

Notice vast majority contracts end in 2 years. Good luck not seeing your wage bils rise by 750k-1m

just got promoted to the premier league, in need of a CB just to bolster my depth of squad and give me options. The guy i wanted to sign is 30 years old, has a valuation of 250k but i am happily paying 400k. he is currently on 7.5k per week, so naturally i am thinking this guy is the perfect option, good stats and not overly expensive in terms of transfer fee or wages.

PROBLEM, he wants 30k a week + 10% yearly wage rise and 2k per appearance, not to mention 350k for the agent and 250k loyalty bonus. This guy is nearing the end of his career, he is currently on less than 10k a week and is transfer listed. His club doesnt want him, so why in gods name are his demands so high?

Judging from what other people are saying here and my own experiences there is something slightly iffy about the whole contract situation on this game

i was trying to buy one AMC but no matter how hard i negotiated, he always wanted 80k a week + a clause that increased his wage to 105k after 1 league game!!

he also wanted loads of money for each appearance etc.

i refused and Arsenal snapped him up. i ended up buying another player (

belhanda

) who i feel is just as good, but he only wanted 64k a week.

some players are more greedy than others. A 30 year old CB isn't old, and he could reasonably believe that this contract is his last big pay day. so why wouldn't he try to go for a bumper pay deal.

A 30 year old CB isn't old, and he could reasonably believe that this contract is his last big pay day. so why wouldn't he try to go for a bumper pay deal.

Ok fair enough but when it becomes apparent that he isnt going to get that amount of money, but say 5k less per week im pretty sure 99% of them would sign. He clearly isnt getting played, isnt wanted by his club. To be honest my motto is no player is bigger than the club, im not willing to shed out more than 25k a week to any player because if i get relegated i might run into some financial troubles.

I just think the wages and contract negotiations on this game are little far fetched. Or maybe they arent and this game just shows how greedy and stubborn real footballers are.

EDIT - THIS PLAYER JUST SIGNED FOR ANOTHER TEAM FOR 7K PER WEEK!!!

I've experienced the odd issue with wages. One example; Just starting the 3rd season with Liverpool and Lucas Leiva has a year left on his contract, currently about £70k. He wants £165k, which is more than I can afford, so I have to cancel negotiations because he won't accept the top amount I can offer (about £120k). I decide I will sell him if I get a decent offer, rather that than lose him on a free but then he then gets injured for 3 months so nobody is interested. As he returns from injury I decide to try the contract again, as I only have one month before clubs can approach him. This time he only asks for £66k, so I manage to extend his contract.

I'm assuming his injury has caused his CA to drop a little bit, thus making him feel he is worth £99k per week less than before his injury.

I've now decided to always look at extending contracts when players are out injured.

I had the same problem with Lucas. He was requesting about 170K P/W and could only negotiate down to 130K P/W and then i sold him for £30million where he took wages of 80K P/W (if i remember rightly)

I agree wages need looking at.

I'm Truro in the BSP (season 2). I made an offer for a 16yr old playing in Scottish Division 1. Club wanted £20k which I thought was reasonable but the player wanted £700/week. I think that is a little excessive for a youth on a fiver currently.

I got round it by loaning him in instead. I Pay the £5 per week happily :)

also where did this whole thing come from with players demanding more money after 1 game played? even players that i currently have on my books and im looking to give them a better deal to keep them at the club are asking for like 5-10k more per week on top of the new deal after playing 1 game. Seems a little buggy to me

I'd like to see transfer fees being more performance based and not just based on reputation. Like in RL players who have played a lot and had a good season are worth a lot more, are in demand more and going for a lot more. Also taking the total budget of clubs into account, so a club worth 5 million is not asking 20 million for one of their players.

I'm Man Utd and at the beginning of the 5th season. So far I hadn't really experienced the ridiculous wage demands, but now Í have this 17 year old, who's came through my youth academy. Last season he had three starting appearances and not more than a handful subs.

Now his youth contract of €65/wk has one year left and his agent is demanding is demanding some €20k+/wk initially, a 15% rise/yr and €70k+ after 10 appearances. That's more than most first teamers get.

I found out his agent hates me after a couple of failed negotiations, but the wages he demands are just ridiculous. I've got a lot of money in the bank after a couple of succesful seasons and selling players for big money, but I can't see anything that justifies the amounts he's asking for.

Is there any way to either get this agent back to sanity or get the player to sack him. I find it not very realistic to see a youth product of your own, with a promising future at the best club in the world, choosing to leave because his agent demands wages the likes of Jones and Nani receive in the midst of their carreers. The agents description actually mentions he puts his players interests before his own, but I don't see that.

I love when you try and buy a player who wants ludicrous wages then a week later ends up at another club on HALF the wage he wanted from you, not sure how anyone can justify this in any way shape or form because in my books it's a clear bug and something that should be sorted, no clue why the player team has to pay top dollar for everything on this game when the AI teams always get a bargain and a half, for example £30M from you is too low yet £20M from the AI is accepted, what the bloody hell?

Still, I don't mind paying 15 year olds £15k a week because that's pretty damn realistic isn't it?

I love when you try and buy a player who wants ludicrous wages then a week later ends up at another club on HALF the wage he wanted from you, not sure how anyone can justify this in any way shape or form because in my books it's a clear bug and something that should be sorted, no clue why the player team has to pay top dollar for everything on this game when the AI teams always get a bargain and a half, for example £30M from you is too low yet £20M from the AI is accepted, what the bloody hell?

There is definitely something wrong with the wage situation in this instance, as i have stated above one player wouldnt move to me for less than 30k a week (he was currently on a 7k a week contrac) i was willing to pay him 20-25k. he rejected and then moved to another club for 7k a week, the same money he was already on! I am in the premier league so its not like im sitting in a lower league.

There is definitely something wrong with the wage situation in this instance, as i have stated above one player wouldnt move to me for less than 30k a week (he was currently on a 7k a week contrac) i was willing to pay him 20-25k. he rejected and then moved to another club for 7k a week, the same money he was already on! I am in the premier league so its not like im sitting in a lower league.

Aye it's a bit of a **** take and seems to be worse in FM13 which just makes me use FMRTE to edit the contract to something more reasonable, it's cheating but to be fair I couldn't care less as I don't see why I should lose out on these players in this fashion.

Isn't just with buying either, sometimes I'll have a player wanting a huge wage hike and I'll say no so he leaves the best club in the world and joins a team that can't win any silverware for a lot less than he wanted from me, where is the logic in this?

It's like Messi wanting £300k and being declined then leaving the club and joining City for £150k a week it's hilarious and makes absolutely zero sense.

I love when you try and buy a player who wants ludicrous wages then a week later ends up at another club on HALF the wage he wanted from you.

i admit, that is annoying.

did the team he subsequently join, bid at the same time as you? and what part of the transfer window did he move?

i'm wondering if the player, much like a club, starts to get more reasonable with their demands when nearing the end of the transfer window.

16 year old from Chelsea wanting £40k a week, seriously? had a 15 year old Spanish defender wanting half that AND guaranteed to be a backup, at 15? backup at Barcelona at 15 for crying out loud. Oh and the 16 year old is currently on £55 a week and after 0 professional games wants a boost to £40k, just hilarious. Also bought a bunch of young players 15/16 and on average they all want £15k a week I mean come on, how the bloody hell do these guys jump from £55 to £15k after playing NO games? how many 15 year olds do you know in real life that are on either £15k a week or £40k?

16 year old from UTD wants £43k a week then £57k after ONE league appearance, sounds legit? plus a further £11k for every appearance...

Aye they always want 15% a year and I'm shocking at maths but £40k a week at 16 then 15% extra every year until they are 20 is an extra 75% or even 100% with a typical 5 year contract meaning they end up on £100k a week at 21 years old and considering this is FM they will be asking for a new contract after 2 years anyway so you end up with 18 year olds on the same wage as players twice as good.

Also, when you start a new game, high quality players like Leighton Baines, Fellaini, Jovetic etc from mid-ish / smaller clubs move to bigger clubs for less than 20mm pounds, or mid 20s if on the higher end.

I would assume since its the beginning of the game, that's how the "real world" works according to SI as of 2012.

If you fast forward 10 years, the same caliber of players (regen) with abilities similar to the players above would easily cost you 30mm, if not 40mm from the same clubs. That is highly unrealistic.

Sure, there are some clubs who just doesn't want to sell, specially when the players just signed a new contract, but any players who are consider really good, and is in a known european league will cost you an arm and a leg and that is a bit unrealistic compared to how the market is today.

If you look at it from a CA/PA perspective, there is no way in 2020 (where I am at in game), I can buy a 170+ CA player who is around mid 20s in the EPL like I did in the first season of 2012.

Also, trying to buy Neymar for almost two seasons now and they are determined not to budge from £194M, really? I know it's Neymar and all that but £194M? he even WANTS to leave and I even offered £160M in a structured deal but they refuse to accept any less than £194M flat out, realistic?

On this game you can easily spend £30M on a 2 star player yet even in this day and age £30M will buy you some top drawer player in real life.

To be fair, if having enough money and high enough rep guaranteed you getting the player, I'd probably give up. The dice are loaded enough in transfers in human vs AI as it is.

I like that some clubs and players give you the middle finger, however unreasonable or unrealistic the terms might be they reject.

I dont see transfers being an issue. The contracts are annoying though. I've lost a couple of players on free transfers because i wouldnt match their demands, only to find them leaving for lesser/same level clubs on contracts 50% less than i was offering.

I think the issue is two-fold. This is just pure conjecture at this point.

The player and agent has a good idea of your budget and so he demands a percentage of your budget. This crude calculation is done against any team that tries to sign him. For example, a player becomes available for transfer and he knows team A have a £200k-a-week budget. Team B have a £100k-a-week budget. When he negotiates with team A he expects to get up to half of their available budget because he is demanding to be a key player. The same negotiations take place at team B, however, half of their budget is half of yours, and so the acceptable wage to him is less.

The second issue could be his ambition. If he isn't ambitious then I believe he will join a lesser club than you that are offering him 50% of their wage budget in salary.

I'm just speculating here, but to me it seems to be this combination of factors.

Also, trying to buy Neymar for almost two seasons now and they are determined not to budge from £194M, really? I know it's Neymar and all that but £194M? he even WANTS to leave and I even offered £160M in a structured deal but they refuse to accept any less than £194M flat out, realistic?

On this game you can easily spend £30M on a 2 star player yet even in this day and age £30M will buy you some top drawer player in real life.

I would never dream of paying that for him. He will leave for a lot less. He usually goes for around £40m-£50m

Neymar is amazing but doesnt cost over £100m in the first 2 seasons.

I am rather sick of this now, I have a £97m transfer budget, yet Messi and Ronaldo are £200m+ unless injured, Bale, Wilshire i was refused a bid of £70m and looking through genie ALL top players are all over £50m ALL of them.

With contracts, do the agents/players take into consideration how much money they take home after tax? I ask because I was offering the same amount of wages as the player was already on, but due to my tax being significantly less. He was taking home around £10k extra!

He turned it down static he wanted a higher salary. He stayed at his current club on the same wages, but too home less money after tax. Was very bizzare. He had no loyalty, I was offering him key player status. I am in the champions league, and a higher rep club. It appeared he desperately wanted a pay increase (that I couldnt afford)... But yet stayed at his current club taking home less money.

Speaking of transfer fees I'm managing Bayern and Hummels was transfer listed by request and had an asking price of 13 mill. I bid 13 mill they reject and then put it up to 15 mill I bid again and they reject and put it up to 18 mill.

Is that a bug? Just seems weird they would accept his transfer request set an asking price then just keep rejecting all offers and raising it. Surely if they had not intention of selling they should just reject his request?

You need to have patience when signing these players, it can take a couple of months or even a year but persistence will work. Praise him in the media, declare your intentions to sign him, unsettle him with a few bids. He will put in a transfer request or he will upset his own manager and they will list him. If the price doesn't come down, simply move to another target. There are plenty of players as good as or better than Neymar who you can get for much less.

Speaking of transfer fees I'm managing Bayern and Hummels was transfer listed by request and had an asking price of 13 mill. I bid 13 mill they reject and then put it up to 15 mill I bid again and they reject and put it up to 18 mill.

Is that a bug? Just seems weird they would accept his transfer request set an asking price then just keep rejecting all offers and raising it. Surely if they had not intention of selling they should just reject his request?

I would have thought this is more due to them not wanting to sell to another club in the same league.

You need to have patience when signing these players, it can take a couple of months or even a year but persistence will work. Praise him in the media, declare your intentions to sign him, unsettle him with a few bids. He will put in a transfer request or he will upset his own manager and they will list him. If the price doesn't come down, simply move to another target. There are plenty of players as good as or better than Neymar who you can get for much less.

Already done all that mate, soon as he announced he wanted to leave for a new challenge I said I'd do everything I could to sign him then his reply was he will wait till an offer is made yet I made a ton of offers starting all the way from £50M up to £160M and not once did it unsettle him, why not? you want to leave a club and the best club in the world puts in a huge offer and you don't even say to the club why not accept? it happened to me when my players became unhappy because I refused them permission to speak to other clubs yet Neymar who even wanted to leave didn't care less?

Not really the point, a lot of the players as good as him still cost close to £100M on this game, I mean I could make offers and try to buy some top quality players and list how much the club want for them and I'm sure the prices would be a lot more than Ronaldo went to Madrid for, which btw was the biggest transfer in history yet I remember for a laugh I tried to buy Rooney in FM12 and he cost me over £100M as well so these transfers are far from realistic.

I've managed to pick up some quality players doing it that way. Stevan Jovetic for about £17m, Andre Schurlle for £14m. These guys are fantastic players who should cost more, but by being patient and refusing to offer ridiculous fees I got them in the end for a bargain.

You've got to consider other things, like if they are on a long term contract then they'll be more expensive, or if they are at a club with financial problems then they'll be cheaper.

At the end of the day, you should never just go in with one target and keep trying until you get him. If the club is asking for so much then it means they don't want to sell, so just move on to another target.

The contract demands are quite ridiculous yes. I think we are supposed to say "hell no!" when a 16-year-old demands 1/2 of our top earner's wage and a Squad Rotation status in order to even discuss with you. We are supposed to say; not in a lifetime, kid! And then move on to another target. Unfortunately, what I do is:

iliedb.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]iliedb.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

SI should have known that instead of the demand being seen as a logical outcome when a player does not really want to move to another club as a youth player, it is just seen as an annoying bug. It is not explained why the Squad Status Interest goes from Very Interested at Squad Rotation to None at Backup. If it was, I think people would have understood that and actually move on instead of coming here complaining about it.

Another problem seems to be that players do not take their own quality into account when demanding new contracts; they only "see" that they have played a lot of games and if they do they should have wages befitting a first team regular, and if the top earner is on £200kpw they want 150 despite only playing because there are no better options in the team at the moment, and despite being Joe Average. This is also probably the cause of the inflated ingoing transfer fees and the lack of bids on non-listed human-controlled players. The players have no self-insight whatsoever and do not know their place in the hierarchy, so they would rather stay in the reserves (as a 5th choice) at Manchester City than play every week for Sunderland. At the other end of the scale mediocre players at good clubs that gets any sort of game time are priced as worldwide superstars because they play football. In other words, players are either for sale or not for sale - there is no in-between. If they are for sale they go for base value or lower, and if a player is not for sale the club demands a dragon's treasure hoard to let him go regardless of quality. It is easy to see why; in the staff meetings I am always adviced to either set a player to Important First Team or to Backup To First Team depending on if he has played a match or two that month, or not - respectively. Every month that a player is deemed to be a first team regular, his wage demands will increase with a certain percent (seems to be ca. 1% per match, judging by my own experience), so roughly every second month every "starter" in the squad demands a new contract and my coaches agree. This is independent of when he has signed his contract, again showing no semblance of self-insight in their programming.

Hes my frustration with contracts

Falcao - agree 35 mill fee as he was listed by request. From me he wanted 250 k per week, 25k goal, 25 k loyal, 12.3 bonus, 8.3 agent

I withdraw, a week later sign for Dortmund for 29 mill (would not except that from me)

Check contract, he's on 89k per week, 8.7k goal, 8.7 k loyal

So Frustrating and ruining the game, sort it ou SI

IMO, there's nothing wrong if he asks you 250k p/w (can't blame for trying... :) ) and there's nothing wrong if he eventually accepts 90k from another club (I tried and I failed...). BUT

after he refused your offer, and before he officially accepts the other, the agent should pay you a visit and tell you: "my client is accepting an offer from Dortmund in the region of 110k (liar! liar!), if you offer 100k my client will accept yours, because he REEEAAALLY wants to play for your club!"

That's what agents do...

Again I reiterate, look at the Van Persie deal. Manchester City reportedly were offering £300,000-a-week to go and play there. He turned that down to take up £200k-a-week at Manchester United.

Players do decline high offers in favour of smaller ones.

That being said, I do still think there's a problem.

Been doing this for a while. One of the only upsides to major injuries.

I tried to sign Balotelli on a free, after his City contract expired in 2015. Offered him $105k/week (dollars, not pounds) and a decent signing bonus, but he wanted something closer to 150k and almost 2m more in signing bonuses. Given his determination, work rate and team work issues I said forget it. He tests the free agency waters for ANOTHER 4 weeks, gets offers from 5 clubs, signs for Napoli for 60k/week.

Shouldn't there be something where his agent literally tries to get back in touch with me, and see if my offer is still on the table (even though it was rejected 4 weeks earlier)?

Just thought I'd add that after turning my £160M offer down last month I then found Neymar transfer listed for, wait for it, £65M which obviously got accepted so aye just thought it was funny they turned down £160M after wanting £194M then a month or even less later only want £65M, just goes to further show in my opinion how broken transfers and contracts are.

• SI Staff
Just thought I'd add that after turning my £160M offer down last month I then found Neymar transfer listed for, wait for it, £65M which obviously got accepted so aye just thought it was funny they turned down £160M after wanting £194M then a month or even less later only want £65M, just goes to further show in my opinion how broken transfers and contracts are.

Do you have a save game from before Neymar was transfer listed for £65M? If so could you please upload it to the FTP - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/345403

Cheers,

Ben

16 year old from Chelsea wanting £40k a week, seriously? had a 15 year old Spanish defender wanting half that AND guaranteed to be a backup, at 15? backup at Barcelona at 15 for crying out loud. Oh and the 16 year old is currently on £55 a week and after 0 professional games wants a boost to £40k, just hilarious. Also bought a bunch of young players 15/16 and on average they all want £15k a week I mean come on, how the bloody hell do these guys jump from £55 to £15k after playing NO games? how many 15 year olds do you know in real life that are on either £15k a week or £40k?

16 year old from UTD wants £43k a week then £57k after ONE league appearance, sounds legit? plus a further £11k for every appearance...

The realistic figures would be them wanting between 2k and 10k per week, depending on club and degree of talent, along with a wage rise after a certain number of appearances.

Neymar is amazing but doesnt cost over £100m in the first 2 seasons.

I am rather sick of this now, I have a £97m transfer budget, yet Messi and Ronaldo are £200m+ unless injured, Bale, Wilshire i was refused a bid of £70m and looking through genie ALL top players are all over £50m ALL of them.

In all fairness, neither Barca nor Madrid would accept offers of 100m for Messi or Ronaldo irl as well.

Thought I'd try and sign Diego Milito as a coach since Inter released him and he only wanted to be Director of Football, guess how much he wanted? £115k. Hilarious.

Put it this way, if Neymar costs £194M on this game (unless listed) then I guess you can double that at least for Messi or Ronaldo.

I brought this up in the bug forum in the past and it didn't result in any feedback. Wages and Transfers have escalted a lot in this year's version, especially for those smaller/less popular countries. Wage's can be crippling for clubs breaking into the Europa League rep/quality level, contacts jumping from 2-3K to 8-12K, after a little bit of success.

Plus Norway seems to be prone to having redicilously low player values but then asking for huge mark ups on their players (example, value 4K, transfer value 2mil).

I picked up Neymar in season 2 for about 30m. He probably just doesn't like you (and his club obviously don't want to sell him). If you talk about him in the press, he'll become unsettled and be available for a more reasonable sum.

Also, I'm quite certain you were trying to buy him over 48 months, clubs will demand 3-4 times as much cash if you do that. Pay (as much as you can) up front and you'll save tens of millions per season.

I picked up Neymar in season 2 for about 30m. He probably just doesn't like you (and his club obviously don't want to sell him). If you talk about him in the press, he'll become unsettled and be available for a more reasonable sum.

Also, I'm quite certain you were trying to buy him over 48 months, clubs will demand 3-4 times as much cash if you do that. Pay (as much as you can) up front and you'll save tens of millions per season.

Have you confirmed this through actual testing?

How many teams have £194M flat out to spend all at once on a player? and why would you NOT like Barcelona or me, a world class manager on the game that even Messi and the rest of the squad likes? I did unsettle him and he did say he wanted to leave and I fail to see how you can get him for £30M which is pennies for him when on my game he was listed for £65M.

And that is my point, he said he wanted to leave yet they turned down £194M only to accept £65M 2-4 weeks later, surely this makes no sense? it's like RVP saying he wants to leave Arsenal and them turning down £80M only to ask for £20M 2 weeks later.

Archived