Match Engine Update 13.1.3 - quick overview. ME feedback here please.

if i see another 40 yd pass back under no pressure from the full back that goes back to the gk at head height so the Gk headers it out to one of the opposition strikers causing a CC chance I'll pull my hair out. Also the gk diving over a static ball in penalty area so a striker just rolls it into an unattended net happens every few games or so.

This happened to me twice in nine games!!! Heres the proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhYZmOUyc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84pZ6vWxj4

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cup final game extended highlights, lose a goal in 5th minute tweek it constatly go overload push everybody forward at half time there is no highlight in the whole game after 5th minute wtf ??!?!!???? not even the usual keeper drops ball and dives over it doing cartwheels 8 times?!?! this match enging needs tweeking a lot cumon guys fix this it is no fun at all tweeiking and doing so much stuff for nothing to happen. how can you change anything if nothing happens at all ?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!!?!?!??!?!

This is not a common occurance. Only happens if nought happening in the game, ie teams cancelling each other out, boring game. Just because you tweaked or went hell for leather doesnt mean it should be an actioned packed game.

Sounds like you tried to tweak, failed and AI countered it (they saw the game out with boring football to counter act your overload).

Im getting a shed load of highlights in my games to be honest.

Ball "bursting" the net and flying out the back when a goal is scored. Thought that had been fixed? Just seen it happen. Anyone else seen this since the last patch?

Chances are most instances have been fixed, but in cases like this there's always the chance that there's a few different things causing it meaning sometimes a rare version sneaks through. If you could upload a PKM to the bugs forum, it'd be appreciated.

This happened to me twice in nine games!!! Heres the proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhYZmOUyc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84pZ6vWxj4

Here is my bug thread on exactly the same issue:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/334866-Keeper-determined-to-keep-poor-back-pass-in-leads-to-open-goal

Maybe upload the pkms? I've seen it 4-5 times so far.

Here is my bug thread on exactly the same issue:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/334866-Keeper-determined-to-keep-poor-back-pass-in-leads-to-open-goal

Maybe upload the pkms? I've seen it 4-5 times so far.

This is not the only problem with keepers and defending, defenders in general rush to the ball without any awareness of the play.

Central defenders often rush out to close in and get the ball leaving players unmarked even when specific instructed to mark them thight

Often players try to head balls and fail to keep it in play losing a possible advantageous throw in or goal kick

Once keepers rush out they stay longer than necessary out of position leaving the goal completely unguarded

The list is endless and the only thing in common is that the ME seems designed with only awareness of the ball and not of the play.

Just my two cent. :)

PS before you ask me for for pkms i have uploaded game save before and this happens in every match, also keepers are allowed to hold the ball outside of the field behind the goal, not sure if new football rule.

cup final game extended highlights, lose a goal in 5th minute tweek it constatly go overload push everybody forward at half time there is no highlight in the whole game after 5th minute wtf ??!?!!???? not even the usual keeper drops ball and dives over it doing cartwheels 8 times?!?! this match enging needs tweeking a lot cumon guys fix this it is no fun at all tweeiking and doing so much stuff for nothing to happen. how can you change anything if nothing happens at all ?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!!?!?!??!?!

Go back to the game and watch the 'comprehensive' coverage, that'll show exactly what happened, and why there were no other highlights. As the previous poster said, the AI probably just sat a soaked up all the pressure resulting in few chances of any note.

+Scoring from crosses seems a bit better now

+Players do more risky things now when you tell them to

+Goalkeeping (other than the fluke goals from crosses thing) seems good

-Packing the midfield (4-5-1 especially) seems too effective

-Playing with 3 strikers should score a lot of goals (and probably give up a lot too, depending) but it just seems like it doesn't work at all

-Too many crosses going in for "fluke" goals

-Playing with 3 strikers should score a lot of goals (and probably give up a lot too, depending) but it just seems like it doesn't work at all

Funny that you say that because i am playing with 3 strikers in one of my formations and my purpose is to establish fast attacking moves.

Depending on the roles and duties strikers do help out defending like AM Wingers and i am not conceding more, as matter of fact i have the leagues best defence. :)

My striker decides to pass back to wilshere one one one, with the goalie already beat, Right after that, my star defender scores a ******** own goal, right after that Iker muniain(extremely low injury proneness) gets his third injury in as many games, right after that a 12 finishing , extremely right-footed striker decides it'd be a fine idea to score sczcesny from 25 yards with his weaker foot-something my regen center mid with 19 long shots has been trying to do for over fifty games and it always goes stupid wide or hits the bar. This isn't a game, not a simulation either, just a rage-inducing piece of crap. I've played fm since o4, i know **** happens, but i'm so tired of seeing my player head the ball out in acres of free space, or see strikers with godly finishing miss one on ones again and again while ****ing Jonathan Walters scores 25yarders with his weaker foot that my 19 long shot center mid hasn't been able to do.

Someone advised me not to buy the game until January/February, I ignored his advice. Never again.

My striker decides to pass back to wilshere one one one, with the goalie already beat, Right after that, my star defender scores a ******** own goal, right after that Iker muniain(extremely low injury proneness) gets his third injury in as many games, right after that a 12 finishing , extremely right-footed striker decides it'd be a fine idea to score sczcesny from 25 yards with his weaker foot-something my regen center mid with 19 long shots has been trying to do for over fifty games and it always goes stupid wide or hits the bar. This isn't a game, not a simulation either, just a rage-inducing piece of crap. I've played fm since o4, i know **** happens, but i'm so tired of seeing my player head the ball out in acres of free space, or see strikers with godly finishing miss one on ones again and again while ****ing Jonathan Walters scores 25yarders with his weaker foot that my 19 long shot center mid hasn't been able to do.

Someone advised me not to buy the game until January/February, I ignored his advice. Never again.

Strikers turning back is a known bug and is being dealt with.

Guessing you're Arsenal if you have Wilshire? Players score own goals, it happens in football. However, I believe it is being looked into that there are too many sliding tackles from behind causing own goals.

I've seen players score screamers with poor long shots on one off occasions. Annoying when it happens to you, but it happens.

Players heading when in lots of space is know and being dealt with.

It's anticipated an update will be out before Christmas. Hopefully a lot of what you're experiencing here will be looked at and fixed for the next release.

Strikers turning back is a known bug and is being dealt with.

Guessing you're Arsenal if you have Wilshire? Players score own goals, it happens in football. However, I believe it is being looked into that there are too many sliding tackles from behind causing own goals.

I've seen players score screamers with poor long shots on one off occasions. Annoying when it happens to you, but it happens.

Players heading when in lots of space is know and being dealt with.

It's anticipated an update will be out before Christmas. Hopefully a lot of what you're experiencing here will be looked at and fixed for the next release.

Honestly i think it's just a buildup of niggly little things like this, it's so very ****ing annoying, two best players at taking long shots in my team, 18 and 19 long shots respectively, they both have technique of 16, 18 and 16 flair and 16 decisions. How the hell has one of them not scored a longshot in a combined 150+ appearances? it's just not possible, my sliders are on "sometimes" as well.

Honestly i think it's just a buildup of niggly little things like this, it's so very ****ing annoying, two best players at taking long shots in my team, 18 and 19 long shots respectively, they both have technique of 16, 18 and 16 flair and 16 decisions. How the hell has one of them not scored a longshot in a combined 150+ appearances? it's just not possible, my sliders are on "sometimes" as well.

Longshots are "underpowered", known issue if i remember right, after they were too good in an earlier build (think when the beta came out they were flying in from all angles), Just a case of getting the balance right.

I don't know what's been said before this page because I've only just registered, but how on earth can you get away with releasing such a bugged game?

Maybe it's because I'm not an IT or a technology expert, but should serious questions not be asked when, after however many years, the game still needs patched-up after it's release, year-in, year-out?

I paid decent coin for this game, as I do every year, and I've had to give-up on it. I can't bear to watch my player directing another throw-in straight to the feet of an unmarked opponent despite the fact that I've assigned three players to 'come short'. The Barcelona/Spain-like, tiki-taka passing of every single opponent that I play against has gone from being infuriating to laughable.

Then, there's the guaranteed own goal per-game and defenders absolute and blatant refusal to press or close down wingers.

This game is crap. End of. Yes, if you're a silly, little boy who's turned-on by signing players and pressing continue, it's brilliant, but I try to play the game properly and it's impossible to do so with such predictable bugs causing problems in front of you, constantly.

* goalkeepers are extremely poor at coming out to collect easy balls. they just stand for the ball to slowly come to them when they could go a bit forward and collect it. could help with the freezing defenders as well. when a through ball is played behind the defense, they never come out.

*deeplying playmaker rarely plays through balls despite being on always.

*poor passing at times when not under pressure all over the pitch.

*players holding on to the ball a bit too long at times.

*too many own goals.

Personally, I love the ME :D

CAPFinal.png

It's posts like these that keep on encouraging them, year in, year out to release the game in such a state. I've won the league five seasons in the row, so it's not a question of me winning matches. The game just isn't fun to watch, and tactics mean nothing when 2 of your players get injured evry ****ing match.

I don't know what's been said before this page because I've only just registered, but how on earth can you get away with releasing such a bugged game?

Maybe it's because I'm not an IT or a technology expert, but should serious questions not be asked when, after however many years, the game still needs patched-up after it's release, year-in, year-out?

I paid decent coin for this game, as I do every year, and I've had to give-up on it. I can't bear to watch my player directing another throw-in straight to the feet of an unmarked opponent despite the fact that I've assigned three players to 'come short'. The Barcelona/Spain-like, tiki-taka passing of every single opponent that I play against has gone from being infuriating to laughable.

Then, there's the guaranteed own goal per-game and defenders absolute and blatant refusal to press or close down wingers.

This game is crap. End of. Yes, if you're a silly, little boy who's turned-on by signing players and pressing continue, it's brilliant, but I try to play the game properly and it's impossible to do so with such predictable bugs causing problems in front of you, constantly.

Amen to that !

People shouldn't get so worked out... It's only a game not your life (or maybe it is..) anyway the ME is not bugged its just not the way it used to be before, there's no exploits whatsoever so people are not happy, my only problem is that .. Because some people don't have all day to play this game and watching extended highlights reviewing games.. trying to tweak and play with shouts.. No time for that! That's what 90% of people want, there always should be exploits so that if people want to use it they can people who play all day well they just don't... End of and then everyone is happy

* goalkeepers are extremely poor at coming out to collect easy balls. they just stand for the ball to slowly come to them when they could go a bit forward and collect it. could help with the freezing defenders as well. when a through ball is played behind the defense, they never come out.

*deeplying playmaker rarely plays through balls despite being on always.

*poor passing at times when not under pressure all over the pitch.

*players holding on to the ball a bit too long at times.

*too many own goals.

fully fully agree (even if I'm not romanista...:), I just add the forward turning back to pass the ball when in front of goal, the defenders still looking the ball and the opposite forward while them going to score, gk not so fine as the previous updates, some stupid goals

I just can't understand the people in here defending mediocrity. It's 39.99USD which is a decent amount given that games average at around 25ish bucks. It's simply unacceptable, and it's been getting worse every year. I have been a long time fan of the series, got hooked to it as a kid, and have played every installment since, scratch that, i have bought every installment since. Even when i still lived in Lagos i'd pay my cousin in the uk to come with a copy on his yearly visits. 07 and 08 are the last games i remember not having any problems with, even comparing this to 12 which was horrid on release, it's worse! I understand that it's a new ME and they're working things out, but i thought that was what the beta was for. It's december and i can't even relax and kick back with my fm as has become a yearly tradition for me. I don't mind losing in the slightest, in fm12 even when my keeper makes a truly horrendous mistake i just fine him the token two weeks wages and move on. This year however, it's just too much, there is no one on here that can honestly tell me the following haven't happened to you:

-Striker through on goal, beats keeper, empty net, turns back and passes 25 yards to center mid/fullback

- Full back inexplicably choosing to move to the centre, leaving the winger he was assigned to mark to maraud down the wing and take his time crossing

-Full back seemingly scared of making a tackle cus he may break a nail, or even worse, lose a strand of hair

-Winger with overall speed 3+ less than full back somehow running past him(without dribbling)

-Defender tackling the ball from behind into the net

-Goalkeeper ignoring backpass from defender-OWN GOAL!

-Longshots being irrelevant

-Direct freekicks being irrelevant

-Too many injuries due to too many tackles(Yes, i know they pointed this out, it's not really my biggest gripe)

-Zero transfer offers for your players once you become a "big" club(Yes i am aware this thread ts strictly for ME feedback, it helps my point)

-And last but not least and certainly the most annoying; Players heading the ball out in acres of free space. Control it ffs!

Damn you SI, this crappy release is actually making me go outside! It's winter! It's cold!

You are saying that 2 players get injured, EVERY match?

A little exaggeration is fine, 2 may be uncommon but one player always gets injured in every match, i'm not even kidding. Usually though, they are short term ones that last for 5-6 days and i can cope, but God help you if you have an injury prone player. This update ruined the careers of RVP, Diaby, Gibbs and has currently reduced my awesome Stevan Jovetic to a bit part player.

2 may be uncommon but one player always gets injured in every match, i'm not even kidding
No they don't. A little exagerration isn't fine, it distorts reasonable discussion. It may well be your opinion that there is more injuries than is realistic, and although I strongly disagree I wouldn't dare to suggest you can't have that opinion. However, simply writing false statements helps noone.

No they don't. A little exagerration isn't fine, it distorts reasonable discussion. It may well be your opinion that there is more injuries than is realistic, and although I strongly disagree I wouldn't dare to suggest you can't have that opinion. However, simply writing false statements helps noone.

Are you sure we're on the same patch?

You are saying that 2 players get injured, EVERY match?

In every match, over a certain period. Not a whole season, but for instance 4-5 matches in a row. Then just one or some minor knocks for a few matches before two or more gets injured again. Rarely a match goes by without an injury and I can only remember a couple of occasions where all three substitutes have been tactical/strategical rather than being a field medic out to retrieve the fallen in a medieval battle.

In every match, over a certain period. Not a whole season, but for instance 4-5 matches in a row. Then just one or some minor knocks for a few matches before two or more gets injured again. Rarely a match goes by without an injury and I can only remember a couple of occasions where all three substitutes have been tactical/strategical rather than being a field medic out to retrieve the fallen in a medieval battle.
That is changing the argument completely. If he had said, sometimes you go 4 or 5 matches where there is an injury, and then a couple of games without, then I wouldn't have interfered at all. But he and you didn't, you both tried to falsely claim it was every match.

IRL it is rare all 6 subs are tactical too, on Sunday both Kompany and Evans went off injured

Are you sure we're on the same patch?

Is the OTT injuries linked in to a particular set up of anyone's team (training, tactics or anything?), because though not that I'm doubting it is a problem for some (?), I'm no way seeing too many injuries.

Maybe worth uploading your save for people at SI to look at?? I sometimes wonder if these 'little exagerration' pieces of whining would be backed up as fact with actual hard evidence if somebody had a look at their save??

Is the OTT injuries linked in to a particular set up of anyone's team (training, tactics or anything?), because though not that I'm doubting it is a problem for some (?), I'm no way seeing too many injuries.

Maybe worth uploading your save for people at SI to look at?? I sometimes wonder if these 'little exagerration' pieces of whining would be backed up with actual hard evidence if somebody had a look at their save??

Check out the Bugs forums. Numerous people have, and yeah it's getting looked at, but this is almost as bad as the goalkeepers bug of last year was, not quite as gameruining but just as annoying.

Bunch of pictures

Those dont really show anything, Diaby we all know has legs made of glass and is not likely to ever play a full season, there is nothing wrong with the injuries of Winter and Jovetic and its quite possible Van Persie will get another long term injury, he is due one, he has spent the last 5 years, except last season, constantly injured.

This really doesnt show any issue.

Check out the Bugs forums. Numerous people have, and yeah it's getting looked at, but this is almost as bad as the goalkeepers bug of last year was, not quite as gameruining but just as annoying.

Hmm, would be interesting to see those saves. If we can accept it's not a problem for all, or the majority (or even minority....and I'm lucky :D ), then wondering what in the game is making OTT injuries happen in certain saves??

Hmm, would be interesting to see those saves. If we can accept it's not a problem for all, or the majority (or even minority....and I'm lucky :D ), then wondering what in the game is making OTT injuries happen in certain saves??

It's the increased rate of tackles that defenders attempt.

Also @ Milner i see your point, but also, look at this.

1zHKP

Picture

The current physio room table has a handful of clubs on 7 injuries, and the rest on 6. Recently Pardew said Newcastle had 10 injuries, but I guess some have come back.

So you have roughly 2 more injuries than at this moment in real life.

God FM is so darn unrealistic!

But you can accept it's not happening in every save or game? Which was my question outloud really; why in some and not others. If it were a blanket problem across the board it would show up in every save, surely. I am computer illiterate, copy and paste being my limit, so never understand how games are made or fixed but there has to be more to it than that surely??

I played a Lokeren save, and you'd surely be hard pressed to find a squad at game start with as many first team players listed as injury prone by their coach reports as Lokeren in Belgium (try them, it's mad :) ), and still I didn't get so many injuries.

Watch this space now....I'll load up my game and BOOM injury city. Jinxed myself I have. :D

I said it earlier in the thread, my home team Aberdeen currently have 10 first team players out injured, last year we averaged 5/6 every week missing, the season before that we lost 2 players to long term injuries, one never played for us again after missing most of 2 years with broken legs and various other injuries.

Man Utd a few years back had no fit defenders at all, and even the start of this season they had 1 centre back fit. It happens all the time in football, players get knocks every single game.

The current physio room table has a handful of clubs on 7 injuries, and the rest on 6. Recently Pardew said Newcastle had 10 injuries, but I guess some have come back.

So you have roughly 2 more injuries than at this moment in real life.

God FM is so darn unrealistic!

You are missing my point entirely. It's little niggly injuries that happen during the course of a match that force the player to be taken off, but he's just out for 5-6 days or something like that, every game. Perhaps i just have really injury prone players.

You are missing my point entirely. It's little niggly injuries that happen during the course of a match that force the player to be taken off, but he's just out for 5-6 days or something like that, every game. Perhaps i just have really injury prone players.
You mean like that happens in most matches IRL? Kompany and Evans being a recent example, but I could quote basically every match.

I have noticed myself that players tend to get injured when their moral is low or are performing under the teams average.

With my current save i have barely any injuries and the moral is high and the team overachieving. I did got a player with a broken leg injury during a match yesterday; not even a yellow card for the tackle :)

The problem is and always has been the balance between in-match and training injuries. The amount of game-ending injuries in FM is too high while the overall count is right or even too low.

Another problem is the code for injury prone players isn't specific enough. There is no reason why a perceived injury prone player is more likely to break a foot. Injury prone players IRL have recurring problems with specific muscles/ligaments etc. Also the consequences of long term injuries are way too extreme.

1I have noticed myself that players tend to get injured when their moral is low or are performing under the teams average.

With my current save i have barely any injuries and the moral is high and the team overachieving. 2 I did got a player with a broken leg injury during a match yesterday; not even a yellow card for the tackle :)

1 - Surely a coincedence, again I refer to Derren Brown and the backwards-circling pigeon. ( Could be wrong though)

2 - Players can break their legs without it being a foul. I once broke someones leg in two places, and I had the ball all along!

EDIT - ok thinking back my IRL incident probably was a foul despite me always having the ball, but not a booking! First part of point 2 still stands

I said it earlier in the thread, my home team Aberdeen currently have 10 first team players out injured

How many were stretchered off during a match?

Edit: personally I've not seen anything extreme regarding injuries in any version of FM13 yet. But I'm playing lower league and I have a sneaky suspicion it gets worse the higher up you go because better players = more tackles = more injuries. There are obviously too many tackles in 13.1.3 but I've argued in the past that this is kind of necessary since tackling is the only way of proactive defending in FM.

1 - Surely a coincedence, again I refer to Derren Brown and the backwards-circling pigeon. ( Could be wrong though)

2 - Players can break their legs without it being a foul. I once broke someones leg in two places, and I had the ball all along!

EDIT - ok thinking back my IRL incident probably was a foul despite me always having the ball, but not a booking! First part of point 2 still stands

I agree that it may be a coincidence, but it looks to me like a pattern and i am starting to think that it might be coded that way.

Again this is only based on my own observations from my saves ;)

And regarding the broken leg, i guess a player can step or fall wrong and break a leg, it was the lower leg in this case by the way. :)

Archived