Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been using this tactic a while, just started a match against Chelsea, My team kicked off, completed 27 passes with every player touching the ball atleast once and scored, 2 minutes 100% possession 27 passes 1 shot 1 goal. Now that is awesome Mr Hough you have done very well!

The tactic is great. The game is bloody stupid though. 3 games in a row, dominated games. 20+ shots, 10+ on target and the opposition 1-2 on target and scoring all the chances and I lose or draw.

Fine once every now and then, but it appears to happen a lot on 13. Ridiculous.

Not a massive fan of wing backs but went all in and shifted half the team to find the best players for this formation and tactically it's spot on. Great results and massive improvement in the form of the team, just wanted to drop by and say thanks Mr Hough, you've done it again :)

Why is it not possible to access your assistant managers feedback before you are starting a match (Pre match information screen).?

This means that you cannot analyse the Pre-Match section of his feedback such as complacency, players who are being cocky during warm-up. This is an important feature in terms of knowing what to say in the individual talks.

Have i missed something?

Would appreciate a answer from somebody who has used Spurs with this tactic regarding the wing backs! Use Bale/Lennon and retrain them or Ekotto/Walker or Bale/walker or what :)

Bale is good, Don't use Lennon sell him on, Walker or Naughton are good mate

Mr Hough - Out of interest what do you do in training, OI and team talks? You get some great results because of your tactic, but the rest must help that as well. Unless you just leave it all to the assistant?

I don't bother with Training or OI's. Regarding Team Talks i see what my Assistant Manager is going to say and if i think it's ok i leave him to do but if it's something like i have nothing to say i change it to Passionate played well delighted that kind of thing

Just thought I would let people know that it is possible to be successful with wingers. I just won the championship with Nottm Forest a team expected to finish 12th with a record of P48 W28 D9 L9 Scoring 71 and conceding 40 the leagues lowest too. Also so far I'm 4 wins from 4 in the Premier league! I used Valentinos 4411 tactic. Im not knocking this tactic at all (Just about to try it out with Napoli) Just saying standard winged tactics are possible.

Just thought I would let people know that it is possible to be successful with wingers. I just won the championship with Nottm Forest a team expected to finish 12th with a record of P48 W28 D9 L9 Scoring 71 and conceding 40 the leagues lowest too. Also so far I'm 4 wins from 4 in the Premier league! I used Valentinos 4411 tactic. Im not knocking this tactic at all (Just about to try it out with Napoli) Just saying standard winged tactics are possible.

I am working on a Winger tactic at the minute, It does work but you have to get the right settings.

I Highly doubt it to be the tactic, I have tried it with 3 teams and all works mint, I also have had alot of positive feedback.

I'm trying this tactic with Man Utd and it's not working very good for me. The through-ball syndrome causes my opponents to score alot, and my strikers just can't seem to score for s***!!

How you guys get your strikers to score I just can't understand.

Started my save and it was immense, now since the hot fix I can't beat anybody. Lost to Swansea, Blackpool and Norwich. I know the ME hasn't changed but I cant score despite having twice as many SoT as the opposition. Leaking ridiculous goals that I feel may be the 3D ME fault not the tactic. I'm playing as Utd and RVP hasn't scored in 11 games as the STC. Anyone else seen a change like this?

Started my save and it was immense, now since the hot fix I can't beat anybody. Lost to Swansea, Blackpool and Norwich. I know the ME hasn't changed but I cant score despite having twice as many SoT as the opposition. Leaking ridiculous goals that I feel may be the 3D ME fault not the tactic. I'm playing as Utd and RVP hasn't scored in 11 games as the STC. Anyone else seen a change like this?

Sounds familiar...

Thought I would wade into this thread. I am trying this tactic with Belenenses, in the 2nd Division of Portugal expected to finish second in the division this season. Tactic is working very well, we are top and clear by 7 pts. I think the defensive positioning match prep helps once the tactic is like 70-80% learnt as the team start to defend much better, but obviously you need to have the team get accustomed to the tactic first so there was period of trade off for me, where the team was still learning the tactic. Secondly I think you do need at least half decent players for the level you are playing at, I think the guide above got it pretty right and following Hough's instructions on necessary attributes. Keep morale up, if you lose have a team meeting get things back on track. I think most important be patient, once the tactic is in place and assuming your team is not incapable of playing at that level i.e. not good enough for the level you are playing at the tactic will come into its own.

Good work Hough works very nicely, I have got decent results with other tactics, but yours is exceedingly stable and I love to to win 1-0,2-0 rather than 4-3 with the other tactics I was using. I think the defensive positioning training is really helping in keeping the goals out.

here some of my results with OM

DzXcY.png

the 3 losses only happend because of injuries and suspends, my amc was a 16yrs old boy.. :<

btw. i made 1 change, i added 2 shouts, hassle opponents and work ball into box

How do you do shouts? This is a classic tactic so it doesn't allow me to make shouts etc.

Hello everybody,

Just a few words to tell how this tactic works for my Rangers squad.

I've won the Scottish 3rd division with 20 points ahead.

Unfortunately, the board sold 3 of my best players but, even with the transfer ban, I'm still performing very well in the following division.

Can't wait to gain promotion again to play against stronger opponents.

A last thing before I finish: my striker tends to score 15-20 goals a season which is okay but not incredible. Tried a few things to improve that but nothing convinced me.

Dave, do you think of releasing any version 2 of this tactic in a near future?

What is the preference for CM placement? For example would you have a Tiote like player in the centre (because of the defensive positioning arrow) or a Cabaye like player? Or do you stay away from more DM oriented players like Tiote entirely and just go with strong MC's? Or does it not matter what CM's you place where so long as they're good at both attack and defence?

Hough, what rep do you use when you start a new game?

and just a checklist...

Match prep and Training: you don't touch

OI: you don't touch

Team Talks: Left to assistant or guided by assistant

Pitch Size: ?????

Also, do you reckon this tactic suits united, chelsea or arsenal more?

I got fired in my HSV save and and got hired by Atheltic Bilb. I used your tactic in the first two games right away both away and won 4-2 and 2-0 striker ddnt score in either game but still impressive regardless the tactic isnt even halfway fluid, then my game crashed lol, I know it might not be saying much but of all the tactics that I used yours was the one that provided instant results

anyways Ill start another game up with HSV and use your tactic from the start....also with the CM's does the middle one serve as a playmaker and the right and left serve as sort of a box-to-box midfielder if you could answer that it would be greatly appreciated

I've implemented the FMC version posted above in my saves with DC United and Fram (ISL) and, I have to say, the results have been excellent.

I used the tactic for about the last 10 matches of the Regular MLS season, and then into the playoffs, and won the MLS with DC United - although the penalty shootout required to get past Kansas in the Eastern Conference semi was a tad nerve-wracking.

Have also used the tactic for the entirety of my first season with unfancied Fram in Iceland, predicted to finish 8th IIRC, and am unbeaten in 10 competitive matches, winning the Icelandic Upper League Cup, beating teams I have actually heard of - like Hafnorfjordur, FH and Breidablik - along the way.

Altogether, over the two saves, have only played about 25 games, but impressed so far. Not infallible, of course, but seems excellent.

If I have the time, and inclination, to post screenshots tomorrow I will. But in the meantime, since I asked for the FMC version, I thought I should provide some feedback :)

Archived