Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just realised it's set to short, thats surely wrong?

Nope, I had it cross to near post but they where floating the balls in instead of drilling them as i wanted them too, I set to short without setting a player short to see of it would whip the balls in and 80% of the time it does and thats good enough for me.

The feedback i have had has been awesome, Thanks very much for using the tactic and posting success and things that i can improve on.

I'm looking into a 2 ST formation Give me some time but i'm sure i'm gonna be able to come up with something

The feedback i have had has been awesome, Thanks very much for using the tactic and posting success and things that i can improve on.

I'm looking into a 2 ST formation Give me some time but i'm sure i'm gonna be able to come up with something

I've changed corners to 6 yard box and scored 4 in 3.

I am working on a Winger tactic at the minute, It does work but you have to get the right settings.

Oh yes I understand! Didnt mean to cause any offence! Just many people are wanting a more standard tactic just wanted to reassure. by the way your tactic is working great with napoli!

Trying it out with Stoke, put it in pre season. Managed to pick up points against Chelsea and Man United but then lost to Norwich and Everton. More time it'll hopefully improve more. I had a big clearout and bought a fair few players in so will probably take another 10 games till I get reliable results.

Read through the thread, it's amazing how many people ask where certain players should be in the tactic. "Suarez AM or ST Mr Hough?" **** me, do people expect Mr Hough to play their careers for them?

Ok 2 seasons in with Chelsea im kinda new in the posting thing for the forum so i dont yet know how to post pictures.

First season Won Prem, FA cup lost to Arsenal in the capital cup, lost in CL [Mainly because bad winter transfers and such]. In league only had 2 losses 1 to Man City away and 1 to Tottenham away.

Second Season: Won everything, literally everything i had a part in. Finished the league with 2 draws and 1 loss. [Damn you MAN CITY]

A few tips that i found have been useful:

Defensive Positioning seems to work best in match prep i keep it at 1 point before max. For two reasons, A] i care more about results than the training of my youth squad, and B i never saw it really hurt anybody. I also tend to have less "Training Injuries" while my players don't train so much. As long as i dont see any down arrows i dont mind.

OI's: While not necessary needed having your center DC close and tight man mark that lone striker the AI likes to use and your wingbacks on their wingers [if they have any] And assuming of course they have the speed/workrate/stamina/anticipation to do so will ensure you almost always keep a 0 at the back.

Also i find that if your wing backs have decent finishing(heading helps also and positioning is crucial), and can use both feet to a decent degree they can become really tremendous goalscorers. Azplicueta and Baines both were in the top 10 goalscorers of the prem league both years. I am not suggesting you use opposite footed wing backs like Left Footed on the right because that makes them awkward at playing by the line, just try to find people decent with both feet. Not easy i know.

Midfield: Rounded out midfielders than can tackle/pass/shoot to a decent degree 14/15 have been best for me. De Rossi is great as a center MC but a bit slow so if you use someone with him get 2 fast people there. Speed is essential because those midfielders play both as AMCs and DMs going from the opponents third to your third constantly, and if they dally too long then you might find yourself open to a counterattack.

Striker: Cavani although an amazing striker i feel is wasted in this formation. The striker here [in my limited experience] is more of a DLF playing 1-2s with the AMC [in this case Eden Hazzard] and pulling defenders on him so the mid or the wb or the amc/mid can get the shot in and score. I know its a little frustrating the most expensive player on the field to not be getting all the fame, but results are still results.

Team talks i dont bother i find them pointless in FM13 i just cant understand them so i just leave them on my Ass Man.

If you find yourself lacking speed and being vulnerable to that 1 man on the counterattack, try dropping the 3 midfielders to DM position. It worked for me, although you need to make sure your striker up top is fast, because you effectively ensure that you will not be pushing hard much, just breaking the offside trap.

Also Dave, i noticed your corner instruction is on short, but most of the time, they end up doing near/far. I dont know if you knew this and it was intentional or not. Either way i found that if you do 6 yard you end up scoring a lot more. Nowhere near old bug levels just a lot more.

Also i cannot stress how slow to gel this tactic is and how important is that you wait until it gels fully. Mine did not jell until almost November [put it in right after community shield].

And as always as Dave said those stats matter a tremendous amount go make filters out of them and give it a season to gel you will see the turn around.

P.S. No matter what the tactic does, you cannot and will not be able to go against this piece of **** engine when it decides it wants to bug and get you scored on. Most of the times i got scored on was because my WB got a pass and sat there looking at the ball wondering what to do with it, until it was stolen ... you cant fault Dave for SI's inability to create a good engine from release. Only mentioning it because a lot of people have complained, this tactic is as excellent to results oriented approach as you can get. It is not the definition of beautiful football but it is definitely the winning titles style. My hat of to you Dave for another amazing creation.

Good luck on your 2 striker/ winger formations m8. Hope they are as good or better than this one since your usually capable of outdoing yourself. Msg me if you need any early testing done.

What's wrong with people asking for a little help? Suarez as AM or ST isn't even a bad question.

I picked Spurs for this and and I'm starting to feel like I can't lose. 12 games played, 11 wins and 1 draw (first game against arsenal).

Just won with all my 2nd choice players against a full strength Chelsea side in the cup.

Amazing tactic Mr.

Edit: here's a picture

U4jbf.png

I've tried it on FMC with Salamanca (Spanish Third Tier). The team was already predicted second and I moved very aggressively in the transfer market, but it's clear to me that the tactics are doing most of the work here; the team just feels absolutely invincible. Thanks Mr. Hough.

doomdayer, what did you do with Mata and Oscar?

Oscar i put eitehr as MCR or MCL and he has been perfectly fine there. He also plays good at AMC when needed, but hazzard is an absolute beast in that place. Mata i have been ambivalent with, doesnt do wonders at AMC and as mentioned ST position is allready a shallow role so i just use him to plug inadequacies based on fitness on either place. But if a good offer came in id sell him.

Have you tried def. positioning or maybe def. set pieces as match training?

The only real goals i concede anymore on a regular basis are set pieces so as trepid suggestion goes Def Set Pieces might work good, i just find that def positioning helps and with Cech at the back i just take the goals scored in stride and score more.

Playing with Wigan for this tactic and its amazing, they dominate the match I always concede but it's never a worry when your scoring for fun. The wing backs are so weird they get in such great positions. I'm using Ilsinho and beausajour and they are doing well but still bit confused for the player I am looking for. Anyways loving the tactic only played 6 games in the season thus far but;

4-1 win against Liverpool

3-1 against WBA

4-1 against man united

4-3 against Barnsley

And 2-1 against reading

I have been behind but always look like I am going to win amazing!

This game is really starting to **** me off. Seriously starting to wonder why I even bothered to buy it...

I'm managing Arsenal now, having flopped with liverpool

My team is as listed:

---------------Podolski---------------------

-----------------Cazorla-----------------------

-------Arteta---S.Bender-----Wilshere----------

Enrique Otamendi Vermaelen Metersacker Sagna

So as you can see its not a bad team by any means, and in relation to the suggested type of players I'm not too far off in most positions, if at all.

I'm not dominating teams like others in this forum are suggesting and i'm not winning games that I should be winning comfortably.

Can anyone provide some help? (let me know if you need anymore information to assist)

yesterday I played 2 matches with Karlsruher SC. For the first time with VfB Stuttgart (A) in third Division. I had 23 shots and 9 SoT, possession about 69% and Stuttgart had only 1 shot. I won 1:0 home. In Karlsruher i have one problem with CB´s, because I got lot of goals after, the opponent has passed to run through my CB´s and they do not respond to this movement.

Where is a problem? In mental attributes? Match prep.?

This game is really starting to **** me off. Seriously starting to wonder why I even bothered to buy it...

I'm managing Arsenal now, having flopped with liverpool

My team is as listed:

---------------Podolski---------------------

-----------------Cazorla-----------------------

-------Arteta---S.Bender-----Wilshere----------

Enrique Otamendi Vermaelen Metersacker Sagna

So as you can see its not a bad team by any means, and in relation to the suggested type of players I'm not too far off in most positions, if at all.

I'm not dominating teams like others in this forum are suggesting and i'm not winning games that I should be winning comfortably.

Can anyone provide some help? (let me know if you need anymore information to assist)

dont take my advice on it cause im the last person on earth to be giving out advice on tweaks and tactics, but at a quick glance it might be your midfield, hough says you need around two ball winning midfielders, in my HSV i have had Badelji (sp?) and have had either a box-tobox esque player or a ball winning midfielder alongside of him on each side, arteta or wilshire are not your traditional ball winning midfielders

How are your strikers performing with this ?

Seems like i cant get Neymar to score in ST role, as much as i wanted too.

Even taught him some good PPM's.. (Run with ball often, Places Shots, Moves into Channels etc)

Any help ?

In my experience so far (and I wouldn't want to go against the suggestions Dave has made) but my pacey strikers haven't done it for me. I'm playing as Leeds and McCormack was so awful he was sold whilst Becchio (more of a Target Man / Advanced Forward than a poacher) has been brilliant.

I'm going to keep playing a less "Poacher" type player and concentrate on heading & finishing, the tactic creates loads of chances from crosses I find that a strong ST is better than a pacey one.

Give it a try.

In my experience so far (and I wouldn't want to go against the suggestions Dave has made) but my pacey strikers haven't done it for me. I'm playing as Leeds and McCormack was so awful he was sold whilst Becchio (more of a Target Man / Advanced Forward than a poacher) has been brilliant.

I'm going to keep playing a less "Poacher" type player and concentrate on heading & finishing, the tactic creates loads of chances from crosses I find that a strong ST is better than a pacey one.

Give it a try.

Compeltly agree, I think an all round Striker is the best option.

I'm using this in my Rangers save, Dave.

I prefer a more attacking-looking formation normally (2 strikers) but I played only 1 friendly away from home (against SBV Excelsior) so far and won 3-0, pretty much controlling the match also creating loads of chances.

I'll bring in players to suit the positions and feed back when I've played more games mate :).

I'm using this in my Rangers save, Dave.

I prefer a more attacking-looking formation normally (2 strikers) but I played only 1 friendly away from home (against SBV Excelsior) so far and won 3-0, pretty much controlling the match also creating loads of chances.

I'll bring in players to suit the positions and feed back when I've played more games mate :).

We all like to play more attacking formations but at the minute its hard to get one going, I'm trying but it's gonna take a while to get the balance right throughout the side

I'm trying it with Wigan but it's slow to get going. I've drawn 2 and lost 1 EPL game so far, but I did beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in pre-season. Most games we do well for possession and I have made some changes to the team, so I think I have to remain patient while they settle. I'll see how it looks in 10 games or so. It's certainly more effective in the final third than any tactic I've made so far and I enjoy seeing the RCM and LCM get into the box quite often.

Any way I can improve my away form? Rock solid at home but I seem to struggle away, I always use defensive positioning for match prep but it doesn't seem to help. I know they made away matches harder which is good as it's more realistic, but if I could sacrifice some attacking potential to keep more clean sheets I would be happy.

Give it a try.

Alot of crosses you say?

This is so not happening in my game, they allways play the ball back to the middle, and entire team mostly playing around the edge of the opposition field. I shouldnt complain though, i won everything in the first season, except FA cup. Also won Super cup again in second season. Team is palying really well - except my precious Neymar.

I dont know where to put him in though. Can you help me Mr Hough ?

This is my "attack"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Neymar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hazard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx Hamsik - Ramires - Vidal xxxxxxxxx

Oscar, Mikel, Sturridge on the bench.

We all like to play more attacking formations but at the minute its hard to get one going, I'm trying but it's gonna take a while to get the balance right throughout the side

Wasn't knocking the formation at all there mate, what I meant by that is that I don't normally even try formations with 5 at the back but I have been pleasantly surprised so far with the attacking nature that I'm still seeing from my team.

So in summary, good stuff! Haha.

Alot of crosses you say?

This is so not happening in my game, they allways play the ball back to the middle, and entire team mostly playing around the edge of the opposition field. I shouldnt complain though, i won everything in the first season, except FA cup. Also won Super cup again in second season. Team is palying really well - except my precious Neymar.

I dont know where to put him in though. Can you help me Mr Hough ?

This is my "attack"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Neymar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hazard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx Hamsik - Ramires - Vidal xxxxxxxxx

Oscar, Mikel, Sturridge on the bench.

Again i compeltly understand what you mean, what the issues are is that opposition sides put 7-8 players behind the in the box so its hard to create CCC's so your playersr move the ball around looking for an opening, I'm gonna have a look at tempo maybe raiseing that slightly might help them move the ball abit faster.

I would recommend if you have a good back with solid positioning pace etc, You can out the Match Prep on Attacking, Just to give it that little edge it might need.

I'm playing with a mid-tier side unfortunately so don't have any overly quick defenders. Do you think it's ever worth dropping an MC to a DMC role?

Also I have no problem with the mentality of the tactic, If anything I think it could be more defensive as many of my matches are too high scoring for my liking, I always prefer to grind out 1-0 wins than win 5-3!

Again i compeltly understand what you mean, what the issues are is that opposition sides put 7-8 players behind the in the box so its hard to create CCC's so your playersr move the ball around looking for an opening, I'm gonna have a look at tempo maybe raiseing that slightly might help them move the ball abit faster.

I feel like ruining Neymars talent. As he rarely scores besides the "poacher" goals, which isnt happening enough imo.

Should i just keep going, or can i do "something" ?

Archived