Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't seem to get any variation of this tactic to work as another formation.

I'm hoping the new Patch is gonna be out sooner rather than later because I'm really frustrated with this current patch even though I've made a decent tactic.

Back to FM12 till the new patch comes out, I honestly feel like i have just wasted £30 on a game that i probably won't be able to play until the ME is fixed properly whenever that will be, I hope it's before the Transfer Patch though otherwise I'll be extremely disappointed with SI

I feel your pain man, it seems even those like yourself who have made really good formations hate the ME and wish they could do more with it, I dont know how this got through their testing. If they used people like you to test (i know youve asked) then they would probably be in a much better position with it right now. I miss wingers, and I miss strikers being able to score goals.

Wow. Mr Hough. I have no idea what you did. But this tactic is fantastic. Finished 5th in championship last season using some rubbish tactic, then switched a few games into the second season and wow. Results have been fantastic. You might be interested in the feedback so I'll post results

38763984.png

I'm now cooking on gas with this tactic. Thanks to all who have helped me!

The defence is superb, I haven't conceded in like 10 or more games and my team are playing well and creating chances upfront.

Increasing my match prep percentage to the penultimate click has helped me a lot, going to keep it like this for a while then see if i need to change the focus to defensive positioning as well- although i'm not really conceding atm.

Ill upload some screenshots at the halfway!

I hoped i wouldn't ever say something like but i'm just frustrated and venting that frustration really.

Dave they said that a hotfix for this "ahem" so called ME is coming out soon. If they dont, i simply dont see a reason to play a game that is so broken. Your tactic is great m8 but as mentioned in my other post you cant actually beat up the ME

anyone can enlighten me what is ME? Thanks. 2nd season with Newcastle using this tactic was bad. I rage quitted the game.

anyway, anyone can teach me how to play Fm2012 using my 2nd steam account? i have forgotten the password for the 1st steam account i created. thanks alot.

anyone can enlighten me what is ME? Thanks. 2nd season with Newcastle using this tactic was bad. I rage quitted the game.

anyway, anyone can teach me how to play Fm2012 using my 2nd steam account? i have forgotten the password for the 1st steam account i created. thanks alot.

Match Engine

Flying with Man Utd

http://www.2shared.com/photo/BBqhHh73/English_Premier_Division__Over.html

http://www.2shared.com/photo/INHi0BR8/Manchester_United__Fixtures_Sc.html

Some tweaks:

Removed offside trap.

Changed corners to 6 yard box. Scoring a few more goals but nowhere near an exploitive amount.

Cheers Hough.

Ps. Will you be doing a usual 4123 formation? My fave

Might give this a bash in either my Man Utd save i am currently running or start a new game.

I am interested to know would i need to sell all my wingers? Like Young, Nani, Valencia?

Or can the whole squad as it stands in game at the start be utilised with this tactic?

Also the player filters we can download, how do we add them to the game?

Might give this a bash in either my Man Utd save i am currently running or start a new game.

I am interested to know would i need to sell all my wingers? Like Young, Nani, Valencia?

Or can the whole squad as it stands in game at the start be utilised with this tactic?

Young can be used as an amc as a backup and valencia can play as a back up for the wbr position, he can also do an okay job at cm. Nani is the only player who doesn't really fit into this shape.

Young can be used as an amc as a backup and valencia can play as a back up for the wbr position, he can also do an okay job at cm. Nani is the only player who doesn't really fit into this shape.

Thanks man.

Any idea what the filters are for one page 1? (some called craig something made them). Not sure what the file is for or what to do with it. :(

valencia can play wbr, u can change bale with nani, and change ramsey with young, it's all free....

Finished my first season with Celtic, without spending any money (just got Grella and Boenisch for squad depth) I won the league (27-10-1) and the league cup. Lost in the first knockout round of the CL against Chelsea (4-1 and 0-4) and in the Scottish cup semi's against Motherwell.

16hu6qg.png

707srm.png

Finished top half with Reading 1st season, jumped ship to 3rd bottom Villa halfway through 2nd season but did rubbish (eventually got relegated and lost in league cup final).

Got the Liverpool job just before 3rd season started and BOOM, domestic treble.

Cheers Houghy. Now to dominate Europe and bring back the glory years (although Liverpool's finances look shaky).

Finished top half with Reading 1st season, jumped ship to 3rd bottom Villa halfway through 2nd season but did rubbish (eventually got relegated and lost in league cup final).

Got the Liverpool job just before 3rd season started and BOOM, domestic treble.

Cheers Houghy. Now to dominate Europe and bring back the glory years (although Liverpool's finances look shaky).

Just jumped ship to Utd, thus becoming a hated man on Merseyside. Couldn't resist Utd's new 94,000 capacity though!

It's a very solid tactic, but a very defensive minded one.

what i have found, if you go a goal down in the last 10 mins.....this tactic won't help to attack. It's more of a counter tactic for weeker sides.

If you were lets just say barca...you would want them to attack not just counter.

Also MC tend to have to many long shots! And the big issue with this tactic is wingers. What do you do with wingers?

Hi guys

Been using this tactic for 3 seasons. really struggled in my 1st season and half of the 2nd then i got promoted twice and i just started in the championship and won the 1st 5 games. i started as Plymouth in league 2.

I have worked out why i struggled so hard for a long time. it was down to the players and current ability star ratings.

Young players.

Seems young players no matter how good they are are prone to more mistakes then previous versions of the game. half of my team was under 21 with great states and PA ratings. but i was loosing or drawing allot, I replaced my youngsters with older journeyman players. I started to win, I still used my youngsters but i drip fed them into the team over the course of the season to they had matured and reach at least 3 stars in current ability.

Star ratings.

if you click of your team depth rating you can see what players have the best rating for each Position by clicking on the icon pitch Position. you should have at least a minimum of 3 stars for each Position for you current league, You need decent scout or Assman with high CA. The hardest positions to fill are wing backs in the league 1 and below its very very hard to find a wingback who has 3 star rating in the wingback roll, spent many many hours finding them for my team in league 2. use your scouts to search for them.

So 3 stars in each position work good with Mr Hough tactic. I signed players with 3,1/2 to 4 stars in each Position. once my team was together i scored 90 goals and conceded 30 in my promotion season.

Hi guys

Been using this tactic for 3 seasons. really struggled in my 1st season and half of the 2nd then i got promoted twice and i just started in the championship and won the 1st 5 games. i started as Plymouth in league 2.

I have worked out why i struggled so hard for a long time. it was down to the players and current ability star ratings.

Young players.

Seems young players no matter how good they are are prone to more mistakes then previous versions of the game. half of my team was under 21 with great states and PA ratings. but i was loosing or drawing allot, I replaced my youngsters with older journeyman players. I started to win, I still used my youngsters but i drip fed them into the team over the course of the season to they had matured and reach at least 3 stars in current ability.

Star ratings.

if you click of your team depth rating you can see what players have the best rating for each Position by clicking on the icon pitch Position. you should have at least a minimum of 3 stars for each Position for you current league, You need decent scout or Assman with high CA. The hardest positions to fill are wing backs in the league 1 and below its very very hard to find a wingback who has 3 star rating in the wingback, spent many many hours finding them for my team in league 2. use your scouts to search for them.

So 3 stars in each position work good with Mr Hough tactic. I signed players with 3,1/2 to 4 stars in each Position. once my team was together i scored 90 goals and conceded 30 in my promotion season.

I was having the same trail of thought in regards to younger players this morning because ever since I got promoted and into the Europa League, the tactic hasn't worked anywhere near as well

Last season I had Flo Cuvelier on loan from Stoke and he was the beating heart of the side and he's no longer in and one of my older defenders got injured too. It does seem that, unlike previous versions, you actually need some experience in the side and you can't simply throw youngers into the first team. Some younger players, like Flo Cuvelier, will simply slot in and some, like Luca Gasparotto (one of my CB's), will make mistakes. I'll see what happens over the transfer window as the board have just ramped my transfer budget up to £6.8mill. I'll get some experience into the back three and see if it improves

Maybe that's what's frustrating a few of us, we're playing the game how we've always done but it isn't working as consistently anymore due to the changes on how young players play on this years edition. I suppose, like I showed earlier in the thread, that it's easier to point a finger at the ME rather than adapt to how this game plays

Changed my mind about this tactic after my earlier thoughts - it seems very good now!

I would advise anyone with dirt slow CBs to change the marking to man-marking, seems to have tightened things up for my Huddersfield side straight away with 3 wins from 4 games after the change. Not leaking goals from set-pieces now.

Good job Mr Hough.

Star ratings.

if you click of your team depth rating you can see what players have the best rating for each Position by clicking on the icon pitch Position. you should have at least a minimum of 3 stars for each Position for you current league, You need decent scout or Assman with high CA. The hardest positions to fill are wing backs in the league 1 and below its very very hard to find a wingback who has 3 star rating in the wingback roll, spent many many hours finding them for my team in league 2. use your scouts to search for them.

thats a very good idea

First 6 games with the Montreal Impact in MLS.

Disapointing so far. What is ******* me off is this disgusting amount of long shots by my CM... It ruins all the attacks.

Vancouver-Montreal 3-1 LOSE

Montreal-Chicago 2-2 DRAW

Columbus-Montreal 0-1 WIN

New York - Montreal 1-0 LOSE

Salt Lake - Montreal 1-1 DRAW

Montreal-Toronto 0-0

Di Vaio scored just 1 goal, on a penalty kick...

First season as Preston in league 1, W28 D9 L9 F76 A35 started so poorly it took about 10 games to really get going for me but won the league so very happy with that. My team isnt up to much since i have no money, real test will be next season as again no money and very poor players imo, got to do some wheeling and dealing. Good tactic so far, wing backs are the key tho.

two tweaks that others have made corners changed to 6 yard box and unticked offside trap.

Good work hough as always

@cragswfc -those filters you uploaded, what are they for exactly? What do you do with them?

Thanks

Frankie you talking about player attribute filters ? on win7 this is the path for them,

C:\Users\-YourPC-\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\filters

now you got to the transfer screen you can Hit f5 to take you there on the right you see. ask assistant manager to exclude, Look to the bottom of that and you see the filter tab. Now you can search for players with the attributes you want for each position.

Frankie you talking about player attribute filters ? on win7 this is the path for them,

C:\Users\-YourPC-\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\filters

now you got to the transfer screen you can Hit f5 to take you there on the right you see. ask assistant manager to exclude, Look to the bottom of that and you see the filter tab. Now you can search for players with the attributes you want for each position.

Genious thanks :)

TC version of this tactic works amazingly well on FMC. Normal tactic did not work for me at all in normal game. Same team, huge difference.

Mr Hough, you might want to take a look at FMC, as you don't really do team talks and stuff at all. Might be your thing.

I am currently using this tactic with Leeds United in the Championship. It is the best tactic I have used so far but I have run into a bad patch which started at the start of December and has continued until the end of January. I seem to be losing a lot of goals and not scoring many, which has resulted me in losing and drawing a lot of matches.

Has anybody had this mid season run of bad form and if so is there anyway to turn this around?

Archived