dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - npower League 2- 2016/17

We were the entertainers of the league. We played beautiful football and had some very high scoring games. A couple of 4-4 draws. Plenty of come backs including turning a 3-1 deficit into a 4-3 victory. on the odd occasion we would win a tight match. All in all it was a good season. At the beginning I thought it would be a real struggle but around 18-19 matches in I thought we had enough about us to survive. Second half of the season was very good and at one point we were only 3 points from a unlikely play-off position.

League Table

Past Positions

We stayed in the bottom half of the table for most of the season and early on it looked like it would be a long tough season. At the mid way point in the season I thought we had enough about us to survive and I was right. We never dropped below 13th in the second half of the campaign but never rose above 9th so in the end it was extremely comfortable. Chesterfield absolutely destroyed the league hitting top spot on week 6 and staying there all season.

Cups - First round exit in every competition. Nothing more to say.

Squad - Decent squad but didnt really improve it as much as I would of liked. I couldnt decide who was my number 1 keeper and I couldnt find a decent centre back to partner George Swann who was yet again fantastic.

Transfers - My new goalkeeper started as number 1 but was dropped after about 15 games only to come back and regain his spot in the run in and played very well. The other stand out signing was Denis Suarez who had a fantastic partnership with Peter Baran in the centre of midfield.

Finances - Profit!! and a balance of £146k. Good stuff.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - Not the top scorer for the first time. Overshadowed by his striker partner. Injuries disrupted his season. 23 in 32 was still very good.

Ben Fisk - Top scorer this term. 30 in 49. Fantastic return.

George Swann - If only I could find a defensive partner for him. Another solid season.

Denis Suarez - Brought in and instantly impressed. The key to our passing style.

I hoped we would survive and we did so Im extremely happy. Good platform for next season.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived

After the season ended the board have decided to build a new stadium. Here is the capacity.

Think I have started to get my tactics brain in to gear and starting to get the best out of the players the increase in ageing talent has also helped but attacking wise I'll take the credit. Can't sort the def but feel it's more the ME than anything.

Welcome and good luck Alfsmalf and everyone else who has joined the challenge.

CHIPPENHAM TOWN F.C

7BFmN.jpg

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

Despite a inconstant start to the seasons we hit our stride at the end of September going 9 Games unbeaten in all compititions, a blip meant we lost 3 of the next 4 matches but made a comeback late November securing 7 wins in a row, However incostant form in the first 4 months of the new year cost us and despite a winning 5 of the last 6 matches of the season we just couldnt close the 10 point gap that had oppened up between us and the play offs.

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | FA Trophy Fixtures

We managed to make it to the FA cup 1st round but received a thourough beating at the hands of L1 Shrewsbury 4-1, the FA Trophy was a little better making it into the 4th round but BSP Barnet knocked us out in a 3-0 thrashing.

Key Players

Jack Nardiello | Steffan Scott | Dominic Ball

Technically Tom Bradshaw should be up there but as he was a January Loan addition and only played 9 games I think that the 3 above contributed more to the over all team. Jack was a standout performer all season and Steffan despite his very normal stats and low star rating really stepped up to the plate after the depature of veteran striker Lee Philips.

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Jack Nardiello

Top Scorer

Jack Nardiello

Manager's Player of the Season

Dwayne Mattis

Despite not being amongst either the goals or the highest Avrg Ratings this Veteran player was the rock of the team, when he didnt play his leadership was clearly missed and his injury mid season is probabally a lot of the reason for the dip in form.

Aims For Next Season

PROMOTION

I think really the Play Offs at least should have been an oppotunity this season, in the end I only missed them 6 point, so with a little tweaking here and there (if I can afford it) and the defensive partnership of Ashaman and Ball from day one this should really be achievable.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     9th               

Thanks Swinburn for the Formating!

Found a potential issue. Say for example, you find a player who wants to be a staff member too (Player/Coach for example). This person happens to be outside your scouting range. The logical thing to do would be to trial the person, however since they're a staff member that can't be done. What happens?

Also...

ESTIMATED CLUB REPUTATIONS

Under the participants list, there is a list of the clubs ranked by estimated reputation based on the in-game rankings. See post for more info. Hopefully this helps a lot of people out!

In my game news though, on the free transfer deadline, Blyth Spartans signed a 34 year old Stephen Warnock. Didn't see THAT coming.

After what seemed an age of starting and reloading trying to find the 'right' team. I have finally taken over at Marine AFC.

marinefclogo.png

Here is my profile

Ive not had chance to look at the play squad yet. But i cant imagine it being up to much cop. The only member of the backroom staff i currently have is an assistant/player manager Phil Brazier.

Quick question. How do i post a picture so it appears as text? So when you click the text it opens up a picture in a new window.

Started this as Weymouth but couldn't find any decent players so restarted as FC united. Couldn't buy a win with them because of the crossing bug so I think I'll have to wait until the game is updated. God knows how u lot are doing well. Everything I've tried to prevent these crossed goals just won't work

HEDNESFORD TOWN

2013-14 - Blue Square North

Club Information lManager Profile | Confidence | Finances |Squad (1) (2) | Transfers 1 Transfers 2

The League

I'm happy after my St Albans nightmare, I'm glad to stay up! Several times through the season we showed the potential to push on for a play off place, depite never getting near one. Our problem was we couldn't string a consistent few games together.

The Cups

FA Cup & FA Trophy Fixtures |

Was quite happy with the FA Cup run, will need one of these each season to keep the accountants of our backs, the FA trophy was a poor run but it came about when we had several games close together due to the FA Cup run.

Top Scorer

Matt Taylor

Despite joining the club close to the end of the season Matt Taylor finished top scorer, his contract runs out at Forest Green at the end of the season so he will be a target for me.

Aims For Next Season

Improve on this year, play-offs!

I just want to improve next season, get some consistency behind us and then push for the play offs! I'm hoping to have a more settled squad as well and a decent cup run will help boost the funds.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     17th            FA Cup 1st Round

Things did not go well with my 1st season at Weymouth as we were relegated due to having the worst defence in the division. I will treat this as a trial run & I will be restarting again with Weymouth & this time I will not waste half of the teams wage buget on just 4 players.

BLYTH SPARTANS A.F.C.

Not so sunny on the Costa del Blyth...

2015/16 - League Two

BlythSpartans.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad | Transfers

The League

Wow, this season was tough. Struggled all the way through, but some inspired post-January signings helped so much. Finished 21st after demolishing promotion hopefuls Luton on the last day, ending their automatic promotion hopes and saving our souls.

The Cups

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures | Johnstone's Paint Trophy Fixtures

Expected loss in the FA Cup, but the fact we took Sheff Utd to penalties (particularly considering our league antics) is amazing. We came so damn close to the JPT but ultimately it eluded us. Might aim for it next season.

Key Players

Villyan Bijev | Brandon Gwinnutt | Adam Morgan

In a team that suffered injuries and immense rotation, these were three of the standout players. Villyan and Adam were brought in half way through the season, but made an instant impact. Brandon Gwinnutt, although not one of our best players, stood out this season when given the chance and ended up playing a lot of games.

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Emyr Huws

The ex-Man City youngster deserves this award. He was playing brilliantly up until his season was ended by injury. He made a lot of difference and was greatly missed.

Top Scorer

Guille

The team had a lot of rotation and out of that lot, Guille got the most goals. However, if he had a full season I could have seen Adam Morgan winning this.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Adam Morgan

His goals towards the end of the season kept us up. He scored some absolute crackers. Not bad for a signing half way through the season.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Somehow bloody surviving!

I don't know how we did it, but we survived. Two crucial wins in the last three games, including relegating Yeovil and beating Luton 4-1 on the last day.

Aims For Next Season

Better our league position!

I'd like to be mid-table at least, with another good few cup runs. JPT may be on the cards too.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     5th               Promoted - Playoffs
2014/15         Blue Square Premier   3rd               Promoted - Playoffs
2015/16         League Two            21st              Survival

Going good Swinburn, like everyone's finding so far the finances are looking bleak!

By the way I think your stuck in the past! Your update says it was the 14/15 season but it was the 15/16 season haha!

Fixed. I'm ill, give me credit that I even know numbers right now :p

How do the new features manifest themselves in the challenge this year? I was thinking of doing this in FMC but it doesn't really work. Im tempted to enter again this year but no teams massively take my fancy now that Tooting and Mitcham, my doorstep club, have been relegated. Tempted to revert to my default Arsenal career, but how does the full version of the game feel for this challenge this year? In particular, does it feel like you need to wait for the full game before starting, really?

How do the new features manifest themselves in the challenge this year? I was thinking of doing this in FMC but it doesn't really work. Im tempted to enter again this year but no teams massively take my fancy now that Tooting and Mitcham, my doorstep club, have been relegated. Tempted to revert to my default Arsenal career, but how does the full version of the game feel for this challenge this year? In particular, does it feel like you need to wait for the full game before starting, really?
Everythings good apart from defending which is shocking sometimes at best.

I've played a dozen games or so in my Kingstonian save, and have been dipping in and out of other games in both Classic and full-fat mode. I'm normally like this for the first couple of weeks of a new version, and this time is no different - I think I'm going to wait for the full release, and hopefully the defense / crossing issues will be sorted and i'll feel that the tactics I pick are actually having an impact, then I'll settle down into a career game.

I tried starting a LLM save in classic, but got nowhere - only a chief scout and no control over where he scouts is not going to help me at all. I wish that the news screens from classic were in the full-fat version, though.

Have been conceding quite a few goals from crosses going straight over the keeper :D Had one of there defenders clear the ball just outside of there area and the ball was going straight to my keeper who let it just go past him!

How do people go about setting up tactics when in the lower leagues with the players not exactly having the best attributes? I am not doing to bad my self, been drifting around mid table and just outside the play offs in 1st season.

I am currently playing a 4-4-1-1 set to counter with direct passing myself. Works some games then other games it doesn't like you would expect.

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - npower League 2- 2017/18

Automatic promotion!! We had a geat second half of the season and we managed to move up into the automatic promotion places. We slipped out with 6 games to go but we regained 3rd place with 3 matches to go and we managed to hold on by goal difference. Amazing achievement as it wasnt expected at all. Bring on League 1.

League Table

Past Positions

We looked good in the early stages of the season until we went on a 8 game winless run and we dropped all the way down to 17th position. After this we went on a great tun and on week 24 we hit the automatic promotion places and we stayed in contention for the remainder of the season. Fortunately results went our way on the penultimate game of the season where we won 3-0 and our nearest challengers lost so we had a 3 point advantage going until the final game as well as a much better goal difference so as long as there wasnt a 10 goal swing we were up. We lost our final game but went up by 6 goals.

Cups - 2nd round defeat in the Capital One Cup. JPT and FA Cup was 1st round exits... again.

Squad - Good squad for this level. Hopefully it will stand up in League 1.

Transfers - Bytyqi was the stand out new signing. My other signings played well but none of them could hold down a regular position in my team.

Finances - Lost money this term and back in the red. Should increase soon as will receive parachute payments.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - Possibly his last season for the club. Scored 48 in 46. Will be missed if sold.

Ben Fisk - 27 goals in 45 games with 14 assists. Fantastic return for my second striker.

Olegs Semjonovs - 20 assists and 8 goals from left midfield. Wasnt fantastic last season but this season was a revelation.

Really pleased to get promoted and I'm looking forward to seeing how we get on in League 1.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion

great season hypanimz

what a year from Moran, where'd you get him? Great pace, finishing, composure, determination, he's fantastic. You think a bigger club will swoop? He'll maybe need to brush up a bit technically if he wants to play in Championship though?Or do you think his pace will carry him through?

In the reply box there is a globe with a link on it, next to the emoticon button. Highlight the text you want to be the link, click the globe and then paste the URL of the picture in.

It should end up as something like this.

That was very covertly done. About time you got started.

Well done on surviving Swinburn. Morgan looks like he could do well for you next season. Are you finding this years game harder, because of the actual game itself or because of the flaws currently in the ME?

Your flying through the seasons hypanimz! Congrats on the promotion. Are you going to try and keep Moran or sell him to generate some money to build your squad for League 1?

Well done on surviving Swinburn. Morgan looks like he could do well for you next season. Are you finding this years game harder, because of the actual game itself or because of the flaws currently in the ME?

Your flying through the seasons hypanimz! Congrats on the promotion. Are you going to try and keep Moran or sell him to generate some money to build your squad for League 1?

There are some annoying problems with the ME. The one which annoys me the most is goals from pretty much every single cross, from any angle. A player with 8 for heading and jumping becomes the best header of the ball in the game for a second, every time that ball is floated over to him from out wide. I've lost 3 goal leads from it.

19M1Q.jpg

Bashley - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13

After a long Season where we were in the upper half of the table for most of it we finally finished 3rd and entered the playoffs. Unfortunately we got Chelmsford who schooled us with a 4-1 win at our ground and a 3-2 win in Chelmsford.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Bath beat me in the FA cup qualifier 2nd round and we got to the 1st round of the FA Trophy where Exeter thrashed us 3-0

Squad - I've chopped and changed this squad over the season. Whilst they all have a lot of potential only my defence and 1 midfield player are players i'd really like to keep..

Transfers - Ryan O'Reilly, Archie Love and James Hartson are the players i'm glad i got but a few have come and gone in the season as i "upgraded".

Finances - Was losing a lot of money until i played a few friendlies in the international break. Ended up 100k in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Ryan O'Reilly - Solid DC who i think will only get better next season. 6.87 avg

Liam Head - 21 goals in 43 games with 10 assists. I decided to let him go though as i believe i can get better for next season.

James Hartson - 13 goals in 28 games with 7 assists. I have high hopes he will improve.

Archie Love - A solid MC who was consistently good. He broke his Ankle in April and is out for 6 more weeks. We desperately need to beef up our midfield a bit.

Was a disappointing end to the Season after coming so close to promotion. I expect we may be able to get promoted if i can build on the squad.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square South 3rd              

Welsh Wizard - St. Albans - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13

StAlbans.jpg

bss.png

Table | Graph | Player Stats

Great season winning the league. Scoring loads but allowing too many for my liking. A load of draws very high scoring draws which could of gone either way but won enough to warrant where we finished. I blame ME and not my tactics :D

718499120.jpg

Fixtures

Great run beating a few L2 sides in the process to set the big money spinner vs Chelsea where we basically just sat back and waited to lose but not lose in a bad way like we would of if we attacked.

fa-trophy.jpg

Fixtures | Final

Great run all the way to the final to win the double. 27,839 came to watch as we won it with 4mins to go thanks to Valle.

Squad | Transfers 1 & 2 |Finances

Finances looking great af the F.A Cup run. Some Legendary names in the Transfers but the younger players such as Valle, Galinski and Plummer were massive signings and will see the club forward for some time. Didn't want to sell Flatt but he freed up wages and was hard to get him games behind a GK like Pollitt.

Key Players

Laste Dombaxe

Had him last year and he wasn't as good as this got past him man with ease many times and was smart enough to make the right choice 9/10 of times.

Lee Trundle

Produced magic at times shame he slow and old. First and only seasons at clubs but set the standard of what type of attacking players I want.

Kenneth McEvoy

Lower League Bale with longer hair.........

2013/14         Blue Square South        1st            Champions and F.A Trophy Winners         

There are some annoying problems with the ME. The one which annoys me the most is goals from pretty much every single cross, from any angle. A player with 8 for heading and jumping becomes the best header of the ball in the game for a second, every time that ball is floated over to him from out wide. I've lost 3 goal leads from it.

I feel your pain mate, was infuriating in my game, regularly would lose a game after bein 2-0 up. If the winger doesnt cross for a goal, he dribbles by the full back and scores from any old angle

Heat - I took Harrow to the Champions League last year, really good fun. Now I'm with a team that used to be my local team for some time, Whitehawk. This will now be my team for the foreseeable (hopefully all year!).
Greyedoutman:- if I get anywhere near that it would be an accomplishment! Good luck with Whitehawk

Welsh Wizard - That is definitely Gareth Bale in a wig! Thanks for the laugh this morning :)

Moran came through the youth team in the season that was holidayed so he was at the club when I started. I have been trying to sell him to generate funds instead of losing him on a free next summer but there is absolutely no intrest in him from other teams even if I lower his value right down. By the looks of it he will be leaving on a free next summer.

I'm trying to play out a season in FMC with Blyth Spartans and hope to be able to get back to it tonight after a 3 day break due to work.

Not being able to control where the scout is looking is a pain as he started in Scotland then moved to Ireland and no recommendations so far. That may be due to a really poor determination attribute on the scout.

Only 1 real coach may be an issue in the long run, it depends on how FMC training works in the background when all you've got is a knuckle dragging moron as ass man. If the ass man's attributes are used to determine how good the training is then anyone playing FMC in the lower leagues is bascially screwed. I think that my players are improving, I really should take screenshots and compare in January and again at the end of the season. I suspect that in FMC playing matches is the prime method of improvement of players.

The ME and tactics are the same, although I don't know if PPMs are in FMC as they aren't visible but I did have a reference to a striker liking to shoot with power in a match.

I think FMC is playable in dafuge's challenge as long as you steer away from the unlockables

Didn't see anyone else with them so I've taken over Ashton Utd

1329142332.jpg

"Ashton United Football Club was formed in 1878 under its previous name of Hurst FC. The Hurst area boasted several teams of a good standard and the club’s first recorded game came in early 1879 against one of their local rivals, Hurst Red Star. Records indicate that the current Hurst Cross ground was first used by the club in 1880, making it one of football’s oldest surviving venues." (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ashtonunited/a/history-8735.html)

So far... I'm feeling like I have a serious amount of work cut out for me...

Edit: I want to mention that I added all players from Oceania to my database as well. It might give me an advantage as an Australian manager though. I'm sure it'll still be a challenge.

Archived