dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The K's

kingstonian.png

History

Kingstonian has a history dating back to 1885. The club had a lot of success in the 1930s winning the FA Amateur Cup in 1933 along with numerous other competitions in that decade. They also enjoyed a period of great success more recently, winning the Isthmain League in 1998 and the FA Trophy in 1999 and 2000 at Wembley Stadium, and then nearly managed to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup in 2001.

Ks league form was in sharp contrast, however. And they were relegated back to the Isthmian League, having won only three home league games, just as in 1979. Excessive spending, both on the team & on ground re-development designed to bring Kingsmeadow up to Football League status, had left the club unable to pay its bills. And when, in October 2001, the Inland Revenue threatened to wind-up the club within seven days if it couldn't pay its tax bill, Ks went into administration. Kingstonian kept slipping away until the 2008/09 season which was successful from start to finish. A run to the Third Qualifying Round of the FA Cup was highlighted by a 4-0 home win over Conference South team Braintree Town, all four goals scored by midfielder Dean Lodge. But it was in the Ryman League Division One South that the biggest success came, as a very strong start and a storming finish led to Kingstonian winning the division by seven points ahead of Cray Wanderers. After an absence of four years, the club almost passed straight up through the Ryman Premier Division, recovering from a difficult start to reach the end of the season playoffs. It was Boreham Wood, however, who won the controversial final match.

(from wikipedia & kingstonian.net)

The story of the Kingsmeadow Stadium

Too bad the grounds are to be shared with AFC Wimbledon although there are worse teams to share it with:

Kingsmeadow.jpg

It's a nice stadium that fills up to 5339 people for AFC Wimbledon's games and a bit less for Kingstonian ones :D

Manager Profile

A face I've seen before with no history what so ever (who says FM isn't realistic?).

Club Profile

I see a little hill and a valley, a mountain to it's right would make a nice picture.

General Info

Club is nicknamed the K's but I like their slogan "Palman qui meruit ferat" (He who deserves the palm, gets it - Sparta!).

Facilities

The stadium is very decent for this level, hopefully one day we can knick it away from AFC Wimbledon.

Finances

I have a transfer budget! I have a transfer budget! I have a transfer budget!

Squad

I recognize Dean Lodge from the history bit and look we have a foreigner! Value wise my GK seems to be the best of the lot though. Thank god for the Beta Update :brock:

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - npower Championship- 2020/21

We are Premier League. Yeah thats right we are Premier League. Amazing season. All I wanted was to survive I never expected this.

League Table

Past Positions

I'm shocked we got promoted. We finished 2nd on goal difference to a AVB managed Derby side. We would have won the league but we let a 2-0 lead slip in the final game to relegated Portsmouth in the final 10 minutes as Derby lost. Amazingly we actually deserved promotion. We entered the playoffs in week 4 and stayed there ever since. Absolutely unreal

Cups - The Capital One Cup was fun. Caused 2 upsets but then lost 4-3 to Liverpool in the 4th round. The FA Cup we were outclassed by Aston Villa 4-2.

Squad - Alot of players still from my years in the BSN. I will need to strengthen massively to survive the Premier League.

Transfers -Being able to scout Europe makes a huge difference. I managed to bring in some very talented players.

Finances - Lost money this season but that was the £1.3m spent on youth facilities so I'm not worried about that as otherwise we would of broken even.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - Still scoring. Big test next season. 28 goals in 33 games and missed 4 months injured.

Olegs Semjonovs - 15 assists and 7 goals and no injuries. Brilliant.

George Swann - Been my star defender since the BSN. Amazing again.

Divock Origi -Outscored Moran due to stayin injury free. 30 goals in 44 in debut season.

Simon Lenighan - Kenyan midfielder who bossed the midfield. 13 assists and 4 goals.

Just amazing season for us. Cant wait to try the Premier League and try to survive.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs
2015/16         Blue Square Prem      1st               League Winners
2016/17         League 2              12th              Survived
2017/18         League 2              3rd               Automatic Promotion
2018/19         League 1              6th               Lost in playoff final
2019/20         League 1              3rd               Promoted Playoffs
2020/21         Championship          2nd               Promoted

It's being upgraded to 12707 and that is going to be ready on 8.1.2022. In the mean time we will be sharing the King Power Stadium in Leicester.
Interesting, I would of expected you capacity to double, thus probably having another new stadium.

At least you'll get some good ticket sales at the King Power in the meantime.

I believe you can only get a new stadium at least 20 years after the previous stadium was built. Unfortunately I will have to wait a while for a new stadium. However I dont know what our expansion cap is yet so I may not need one.

That is utterly unbelievable. Love that you get given 10,000 times the value of my record signing just from TV rights. What is your transfer and wage budget for the 1st prem season?

Nothing overly special. £9.5m was the transfer budget and £123k p/w wages. I've ammended my finances and left myself with a wage budget of £163k p/w and a transfer budget of £7.19m. There is plenty of very good free transfers so best to make space on the wages.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

GreyedOutMan - Whitehawk - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

What a shame! I made a storming start to the season and at Christmas the playoffs seemed a minimum expectation. A paltry 2 wins after Boxing Day put paid to that in a very emphatic way - we took just 13 points from the last 19 matches. It's hard to say why that happened. We scored just 13 goals in 19 games, so I feel part of the issue must have been the loss of form suffered by my star striker, who made an awesome start to the season scoring almost a goal a game before Christmas, but faded terribly afterwards.

League Table

League Positions Graph - a fairly accurate summary of my season, really.

FA Trophy - Not too bothered with this, to be honest.

FA Cup - Again, not too bothered, at least not until we have a fighting chance of reaching the money-spinning 3rd round.

Squad - Some fantastic signings but most of them tailed off in the 2nd half of the season, hard to say why really.

Transfers - Plenty of it, some dross and some quality. There will be another overhaul over the summer with one signing already confirmed.

Finances - A real problem, which could mean we end up stuck in the BSS for a while, now. We'll see....

Key Player Profiles:

Sam Gargan - clearly a key player because when he went on a 15-hour scoring drought, we crashed down the league. Stats

Lewis Perkins - not a regular, but our points per game average when he played would have seen us grab 2nd place in the league if we'd managed it throughout the season. Stats

Lewis Tallack - my best defender. Hard to see why, but he's done a good job this year. Stats

Scott McGleish - amazing season from a 40 year old striker. Unexpected. Shows no signs of retirement either... Stats

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    12th        None

Next Season

Need to push for promotion. I don't know what happened since January this year but it wasn't pretty. The board dismayed me by really hampering my finances since taking the screenshot attached, but it's not really their fault - it seems they had to expand the stadium. Seems pointless for just 450 seats!

Finances Squad Positions throughout the year

This year began very badly as I struggled to get into the stride of the new football manager, however once the players started to gel we really started playing well. More importantly Alex Titchener started to play well. Signed for a club record £5,000 from rivals Fleetwood, he was welcomed with open hostility by the fans and board alike. But 5 goals in his first 8 appearances and everyone grew to love Titch. He was out key man this season, and the top scorer in the BSN to boot. He got injured for a couple of months in the middle of the season and we really struggled, he really made the team click. He was ably assisted by the surprise package of the year, Isaac Kusaloka, a striker who was already at the club when I joined, who I first played by necessity as I hadnt bought a substitute striker yet, and who never left the team except for when he too got a massive injury that laid him off for 3 and a half months. Ramone Blackett was also quality, chipping in with 10 goals and 13 assists in the season.

From the midstages of the season we were never really too far from the playoff spots, but a great run towards the end of the year had us pushing for the title, and an awful run saw it slip through our fingers. The playoffs were nervy but a great performance from my front 4 meant we were always likely to outscore the opposition, and a 3-1 win in the playoff final against Nuneaton saw us through to promotion!

In the Cups we were eliminated in the first round of the FA trophy, however had a great run in the FA cup. Until the 2nd round our most difficult opponents were Nantwich but then being drawn against Leyton Orient in round 2 made me sure the run was over. How wrong I was. We were rewarded with an televised away day to West Brom which helped sort the finances for the year and will hopefully help us push on in the BSP! This summer I'm endeavoring to strengthen the backlines and also to replace the handful of negative Nancies who are ruining the ambiance of the dressing room with their moaning at a lack of first team action.

EDIT: Just after posting almost 100k of that money has been taken away to install 750 seats in a stadium expansion so I, like everyone else on here it seems, can comply with those darn regulations. The works should be finished by the turn of the year.

Just finished my first season as FC united boss in th BSN and came top after a shakey start to the season. The team just clicked and went on two amazing unbeaten runs. Kettering kept with us level on points until the last game of the season where we won our last game anyway to make sure the title was ours. I look forward to next season in the prem. my squad needs an overhaul big time if we are to compete.

AFC_Fylde_logo.png

AFC Fylde - Blue Square North - 2013-2014

A pretty decent first season really. The expectation from the media was 19th, and the board expected us to avoid relegation. It looked uncertain as we could only get 2 points from the first six games, but then the team hit it's stride and we were competitive in most games. We were always a fair way off from the promotion places, but we did play a role in the final game, playing league leaders Nunaeton and holding them to a draw, while Stalybridge snatched the title. Tough draws in both cups saw us knocked us out in our initial qualifying matches.

League Table

Squad - Not much talent there, but they did the job.

Transfers - It was a bit of a scramble to find players good enough to keep us in the Conference. My first signing, Price, was actually my player/assistant manager. I let a couple of players - Doughty and Rutter - go on mutual terms as I'd found better players for their position.

Finances - Painful, as expected. They included a 450-seat expansion for 58,500 pounds and a massive operating loss. Not helped by flunking in the cups.

Key Players

Tom Jones - Had a consistent season and was good both in defense and moving forward.

Ramone Blackett - My most dynamic player, 6 goals and 13 assists.

Paul Tait - Aging, not particularly explosive, but I felt he had the mentality to do the job up forward. It was a gamble as he was the only capable striker in the squad, but he was great, holding the ball up well and taking his chances.

Matty Hughes - The one decent player who was in my squad from the start. Solid mentally and technically but his relatively high wages mean I may not keep him around.

Career Overview

2013/14         Blue Square North     10th

fG2Mv.jpg

MadMcMan- Carshalton Athletic - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

Champions! We were first for so long it would have been a shame if we hadn't won. It took us to the final day of the season though. We finished on 91 points

League Table

League Positions Graph - a fairly accurate summary of my season, really.

FA Trophy - 2 replays and we went out in the 3rd round against Newport. A waste of time.

FA Cup - Reached the 4th round only to have a replay and went out against farnborough

Squad - Some names from my last go. Jonny Sutherland, Ryan O'Reilly

Transfers 2 -Loads in a few out. Some loands to the end of the season to back up some essential possitions.

Finances - 162k in the red.

Key Player Profiles:

Kwesi Appiah - Signed from Crystal Palace on a free, he made an instant impact when he arrived but he fractured his ribs and was out for 7 weeks so didn't play as many games as he might have.

Ben Deegan - Damn this player is almost the perfect Target man. 19 goals in 39 he caused all sorts of problems for the defence. He has world class stats for a target man (but don't ask him to do anything else!)

Ryan O'Reilly - Released by Stoke he was ever present in my defence for the year.

Tom Bird - Replaced Zola's son when he got injured and made the position his own!

Jonny Sutherland - My keeper for the season. He let in 64 over the season but we missed him badly when he got injured! He'll probably be replaced sooner rather than later.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st        Promotion!

Next Season

Try and keep some players and see who is released from the premiership. The major problem being some solid players are out of contract at the end of the season and don't look like they fancy signing reasonable contracts!

HEDNESFORD TOWN

2016-17 - Blue Square Premier

A season of two halves!

Club Information l Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances |Squad (1) (2) | Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

We started off really well and was looking to push for a play off place with relative ease, but the we went through a run of games where we couldn’t kill a game off, constantly chucking away the lead which meant we collected 4 wins out of the last 25 games, it was truly shocking and I was to blame for tinkering with the tactics. However we still stayed up comfortably. I have now built up a decent backroom staff of former players, I have Geovanni (Man City) as assistant manager and Ricardo Oliviera (Milan) as reserve manager, as well as our first Director of Football signed by the chairman Glen Little who has been great in getting the established players signed up on new contracts.

The Cups

FA Cup & FA Trophy Fixtures |

The FA cup wasn't good but we should of done better with the FA Trophy. We need to capatalise of these cups to improve our revenue stream.

Top Scorer

Tom Bradshaw

Once again Tom was the top scorer, he struggled to score after the turn of the year but was still clear top scorer with 19 in 37 games..

Aims For Next Season

Playoffs & Cup run.

I turned into a bit of a tinker man last season after our poor run and have opted to play next season with 2 new tactics an attacking 433 and a compact 442 diamond, hopefully this will help us kill off games and defend leads, we have the quality now to push for the play offs and have a much needed (for the chairman) cup run.

Career Overview

2013/14      Blue Square North         17th            FA Cup 1st Round
2014/15      Blue Square North         5th            Promoted via the play offs.
2015/16      Blue Square Premier      13th           Security
2016/17      Blue Square Premier      16th            Keeping the squad together.

Half my team didn't want to re-sign with me for 2014-2015, and none of my staff did :mad: All part of the FM13 learning curve, I guess!

I think it's the budget dropping.

Yeah I had to change my squad team and staff each season pretty much until the chairman signed me a director of football who signed almost all of the players to new contracts. I still have problems with the staff, it seems they pay for there UEFA licenses and use me as a stepping stone (Paul Scholes and Gavin McCann this year)!

Half my team didn't want to re-sign with me for 2014-2015, and none of my staff did :mad: All part of the FM13 learning curve, I guess!

I think it's the budget dropping.

I feel that, so many of mine left. Trying to find a new assman without an assman to filter out unrealistic targets was a pain. Also glad to see a fellow AFC Fylde/Ramone Blackett user:D

By the way, for my season updates would some kind soul instruct me on how to put the little history bit at the bottom of the report? The texty bit that says where you finished each year and any achievements.

Copy mine below but change the clode to code

Career Overview

[CLODE]Season League League Finish Achievements

2013/14 Blue Square North 17th FA Cup 1st Round

2014/15 Blue Square North 5th Promoted via the play offs.

2015/16 Blue Square Premier 13th Security

2016/17 Blue Square Premier 16th Keeping the squad together.

[/clode]

Bury Town FC

2013/14 Blue Square North

_51081130_bury_town_fc-1.jpg

Club Information | Manager Profile | Finances| Squad| Transfers

The League

League Table | Position Graph

A solid enough enough season finished 16th in the end. Was flirting with relegation at one point but a decent end to the season ended that.

I adopted a revolving door transfer policy with lots of ins and outs. Finances are a mess.

The Cups

Didn't get anywhere, knocked out in first round of them all.

Key Players

Stephen Folan - Classy centre half singed after his release from York. Scored 12 goals and was the only stand out defender in my squad.

Sam Reed - Striker already at the club. Scored 26 goals - very impressive in a poor side

Aims For Next Season

Consolidate our position and continue recruiting young talented players. Will be difficult with the finances.

2013/14         Blue Square North     16th               Survived

Thanks champfan.

And hugo, did you not find Issac Kusaloka was any good? He was pretty awesome for me.

Didn't sign him, he seems to be off the radar now anyway. I generally prefer to scout my own players anyway rather than look for them by name... just a style thing.

Aaaaargh! Totally f----d. Spent too much in my first season and didn't get promoted, now I've lost all my best players and can't afford any upgrades. What do i do?!!!!

I did exactly this. Unfortunately I had to restart and I restarted with a different side.

I did exactly this. Unfortunately I had to restart and I restarted with a different side.

But how do you avoid the same problem next time around? Is it just a case of it being absolutely necessary to get promoted on the first attempt???

EDT: I am going to restart I think. But I do want to stay with Whitehawk.

But how do you avoid the same problem next time around? Is it just a case of it being absolutely necessary to get promoted on the first attempt???

EDT: I am going to restart I think. But I do want to stay with Whitehawk.

Well I was originally Banbury and I then picked Kettering who had a substantially better budget. I didnt go up first season but I tied everybody down to a 2 year contract and went up 2nd season.

Okay I'm having to start again as i realised half way through my first season with Whitehawk I hadn't setup the game properly (forgot to include the players from the lower league feeder teams)

So keen to start a fresh I have started anew with Worksop Town, Come on you Tigers

Good luck, still wondering how you got Moran to sign a new contract every year?

First time he was only 17 so I tied him down to a 4 year deal. Then as that one was expiring I expected him to leave but nobody came in for him and with less than a month to expiry his demands dropped big time and I got him for another 3 years. His contract is due next summer and it looks like he wont be signing again.... but I've thought that before.

Archived