dafuge's FM13 challenge

Wingate & Finchley - Blue Square Bet South - 2013/14

With a tiny squad of mostly non contract players, I had the chance to build my own squad in the hope of making a good start with my new club.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a shaky start, but as the squad settled we started to play some decent football and made our move towards the top of the table. We did make top spot once, but we just didn't have the consistency to hold on to our position. The playoffs drew us against Eastleigh, who led the league for most of the season but finished badly.

Playoff semi final leg 1 - we were not playing well, so to steal a victory was a huge surprise. Sets us up really nicely for the home leg.

Playoff semi final leg 2 - we were tired from the first leg but managed to grind out the result we needed. We will meet Hayes & Yeading in the final.

Playoff final - it was a very close match until we scored our first goal, as they came out to attack we picked them off with a second to secure our promotion to the BSP.

FA Trophy - I had no interest in this competition and rotated the squad, which didn't go too well.

FA Cup - we were looking good until we met BSP York who were just too good for us.

Squad - we've got a decent squad of young players who were all snapped up on free transfers. With wages being quite tight we are a bit pushed for depth though.

Transfers - a huge overhaul to get a decent squad together. Hopefully the finances will allow me to make a few more improvements for next season.

Finances - I stretched the wage budget to bring in a few players and because of this our finances have suffered badly.

Key Player Profiles:

Oliver Forsyth - top scorer, and really hit form in the second half of the season.

Nathan Nyafli - his form came earlier in the season, but he formed a great strike partnership.

Orlando Koster - probably our best player, but suffered a bad injury and struggled for fitness on his comeback.

Charlie Losasso - signed in January and played a huge part in our move up the table.

Jordan McCourt - had a superb season on the left wing.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

This season was superb but we have a lot of work to do next season. The finances are a bit of a worry, so we could really do with a big player sale or a cup run.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Padders Leamington Spa 2013 - 2014

Managed to stay in BSN on the last game. However if we had lost we still would have stayed up - league

Overview of my squad

My board have gone MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD and decided to build a new stadium costing a staggering £5.5million!!!!

Here is my current facilities

Now it's time to raid the free transfers from the Premier League

Leamington Spa Dafuge Challenge

-----------------------------------------------------------
Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
-----------------------------------------------------------
2013-14     BSN    19th    42    Qualf

Things are going well at the start of my second season at Kettering. Played 5 won 5. Winning 4-1, 4-0, 6-1, 5-3 and 8-0. My new striker has scored 9 in 5 but not to be over shadowed Paul Moran has scored 13 in 4. With 6 coming in the 8-0 demolishion of previsouly unbeaten Stafford. Loving this! :D

I've started well but really have over spent but have a starting XI fit for L2 just hope finances don't hold us back and we can recover quick. Don't know how I'm going to add players to the club and not even waited for the usual better players who become interest mid way through so may have messed up but we will see.

I've changed my mind - I'm going to start this now. Opting for the one team I took to the Championship title but no further, Hitchin. It is time to start that journey once again.

Scrap that - I only went and didn't add the players from the lower leagues. Waste. Of. Time.

Anyone got a save WITH the players loaded from the lower leagues with Hitchin as an option?

Is the near post corner cheat still working? ;)

Havent specifically changed my instructions on corners, but I have only scored a handful of times from corners and im in January. So I would guess they have done something about how broken that was!

North%20Ferriby%20Badge.jpg

XaW - Blue Square North - Season 2013/14

Table | Past positions | Transfers | Squad | Finances

A frustrating season, but in the end a successful one. Out main problem throughout the season have been scoring. I see people here complaining about too many goals, well, I had the exact opposite problem, too few. We conceded the fewest in the division, but at the same time we only scored 64 goals. Very few compared to Ketterings 97! I dunno how they managed to dominate the league as they did, but I'm impressed. For our own part, the season started out very slowly as we drew 8 of our 13 first matches. After that we started to win and lose pretty much every other match due to our failure to score. Most of my matches ended a 2-1 win, a 1-1 draw or a 1-2 loss. In the end we found ourselves in the play-off zone and facing some exciting matches. In the semi we were up against Nuneaton. The first match we managed to hold on to a 0-0 draw away before getting a narrow 3-2 at home. Our final opponent this season was FC Halifax and for the first time this season we scored 3 goals in a match! This meant we beat them 3-0 and got promoted the hard way.

In the cups we did fair enough. The FA Cup was the best as we got as far as the 1st round were League One outfit Rochdale knocked us out. In the FA Trophy we got to the 3rd round before losing to Southport. Both gave us some much needed cash.

Financially we are in a deep mess. The chairman seemed to have gotten to drunk at the promotion party and announced this! Wha.....? We can't afford that, but he didn't mind. Gonna be some tough seasons ahead financially.

I have a hard time picking out the best players this season as none have really impressed more than others. Pretty much everyone did what they were supposed to, but not much more. Dean Lisles had a good season controlling the defence. Mehdi Lazaar also had a good season, but I expected more from him.

Season		Division	Position	FA Cup		Achievments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14		Blue Square N	4th		1st rnd		Promoted via Play-off

What a month it is! My Kettering side are top of the league very early on in the season (1st September) with 5 wins in a row and a young side at that. The football ive got these lads playing is excellent and we have dominated every game so far and we have had some tough games at home to Telford and Nuneaton then an away trip to Boston which we came from behind to win. I didnt expect it from our pre season results and performances and i was scared we would struggle to pick up enough points to stay up.

Great start!

BadgeKettering_Town.png

Kettering Town - Blue Square Bet North - 2014/15

Was a fantastic season for the club which ended with a deserved promotion into the Blue Square Premier. We scored goals for fun and only conceded just over one goal per game. We finished on a points total that any other season would have won the league but Chester where unstoppable.

League Table

Past Positons

Was a great league campaign, the only downside was that we drew alot of games towards the end of the season otherwise we could have won the league. I stuck to the same 4-4-2 tactic all season and it paid dividends with my two strikers finishing 1st and 2nd in the league scoring charts.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 - Tamworth never troubled us as we came away with a 2-0 victory thanks to a Paul Moran double.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2 - Another Paul Moran double saw us win 4-1 on aggregate. Tamworth failed to threaten us again.

Playoff Final - Biggest game of the season against Guiseley. Ben Fisk put us ahead afer 12 minutes with Paul Moran extending the lead after 36. We held on to win 2-0 and seal promotion into the Blue Square Premier.

Cups - Hinckley sent us out of the FA Cup at the 4th qual. round. The FA Trophy wasnt any better as we fell at the first hurdle to Mansfield.

Squad - I thought this squad was going to be strong for this league and I was right. Apart from Chester we really blew away the league. We didnt have much squad cover or any squad depth but the quality in the starting 11 was a different level.

Transfers - I didnt have much wage budget to work with for transfers so in came 2 loanees incase we had a injury crisis. I did manage to permanantly sign a new full back, striker and goalkeeper.

Finances - An improvement on last season but still in debt. The board helped out alot.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - The star of the show. Scored 66 in 48 in all competitions and at the age of 18 has already scored over 100 goals for the club.

Ben Fisk - Moran's strike partner. Scored 32 in 49 also with 21 assists in his first season for the club.

George Swann - The rock in defence. Formed a formidable partnership with Coles.

Abdulai Bell-Baggie - Electric pace on the wing. Setting up 18 goals in only 27 games. Season finished early when injured on international duty with Sierra Leone.

Jamie Griffiths - A player at the club when I arrived. 21 assists from either centre midfield or the wing when players were injured.

I expected promotion at the start of the season with the squad I had at my disposal. I believe we are in a very good shape for next season. Just need a bit of squad depth and a cup run.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14         Blue Square North     12th               
2014/15         Blue Square North     2nd               Promoted Playoffs

Haven't had any time to play my AFC Fylde game yet, only one game into the league. The pre-season went well, though, capped it off with a tight 1-0 win over Portadown. The first league game was an away 0-1 loss to Redditch, disappointing as I felt I could get at least a point. I can only hope that a couple of other teams turn out to be worse than us, as we struggle to survive the first season, and hopefully consolidate in the second.

My budget and reputation got me a tough 38-year-old, Tait, as my central striker. Far from explosive, but I think he has a good mentality and showed some form in pre-season. If he gets injured, I'll resort to prayer for goals.

I did look at Tait for my game, but managed to get a 31 year old ex-Monkeyhanger Adam Boyd instead. One downside with that is that as soon as he joined the ass man's rating of all my players dropped a star or two.

Speaking of which I stopped managing Wingate and Finchley as the team colours were almost impossible to read. I'm managing Blyth Spartans now and thanks to FMC I'm actually going through the season at a decent pace.

For anyone using St. Neots, I've made some kits. They aren't the actual kits, but they feature the actual sponsor. They were made for deadfncat but seeing as there's so little in the way of St. Neots kits, I'd post em up here.

gOdtl.png6XxX8.png

INSTRUCTIONS:

Save kits into a folder with kits in already (If you downloaded the kits from the last page they should be perfect). Open the config.xml file in that folder with Notepad. Add the following lines somewhere in that file...

<record from="stneots1" to="graphics/pictures/team/5103743/kits/home"/>

<record from="stneots2" to="graphics/pictures/team/5103743/kits/away"/>

Save, close and go to preferences in FM. Then go to interface, untick clear cache and check reload skin. Press confirm and enjoy your St. Neots kit!

Also, if you have the logo pack with the old St. Neots one, you can replace them with these. Just save over the current ones. I don't use left and right ones so just the normal and small here.

fqLfB.pngdeveF.png

Archived