dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made it! Amazing 5-3 win against 3rd placed Tamworth meant I somehow finished 3rd! There was 4 points separating 3rd and 11th in the BSP this season. Tamworth ended up dropping to 7th after that defeat. Closest season i've ever been involved in.

Will be playing the playoffs later, I've now realised i'm late for a lecture. I have Salisbury in the semis, a team that thumped me a couple of fixtures ago.

I made it! Amazing 5-3 win against 3rd placed Tamworth meant I somehow finished 3rd! There was 4 points separating 3rd and 11th in the BSP this season. Tamworth ended up dropping to 7th after that defeat. Closest season i've ever been involved in.Will be playing the playoffs later, I've now realised i'm late for a lecture. I have Salisbury in the semis, a team that thumped me a couple of fixtures ago.
Good luck to not thinking about FM during you lecture haha

Season 2013/14

St. Neots Town

stneot.png

Only a short summary for this first season with a few piccys.

Finished 4th and was promoted through playoffs. Squad

Leg 1 away vs FC Halifax 0-1, in the return game at home we won 3-1

Final vs Stalybridge.

Cups:

Enjoyed a good run in the FA Cup, with only poor teams until the 3rd round, where Shef Wed was too much of a challenge.

In the FAT it was enter and exit in the 3d round qual to St. Albans.

Only one "star" player worth mentioning: Jack Werndly - scored 25 goals in 44 apps.

Due to having TV coverage in the FA Cup, board agreed to upgrade youth facilities.

Profile - Table - Graph - Finances - Transfers - Overview

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Qual. through playoffs

First Week in Charge at Stafford Rangers..

Without wanting to look like an idiot to the Chairman, he decides to go check the wikipedia to find out who the hell Stafford Rangers are. So they do have an illustrious history. Ah but then again he confidently tells the press that he's gonna overhaul the whole team, top to bottom. So even before he sets foot on the training pitch, he fires the Assistant Manager and the coach..only one hmm. Yeah this was gonna be hard.

Now the tricky bit was to follow, who in heaven's name were these people who play for the love of the game? Part II of his restructure started with erm..looking for players cut in the same mould as this Sunday Footballer..ie they had to have the determination to join him for a pint, so any player without a strong spine was shuffled out of the club. By the time he was done, half the club was emptied. Oh wait..hangon, I am assuming people know who Rashidi Yekini is..and in this neck of the woods, they dont care. So no manager no coach, half the squad gone. Its time to rebuild.

Off he goes with pen and paper, yeah i know you guys use the ingame notes..but this is Stafford, they dont even have computers here.

Hmm so he thinks..what do i need..obviously a new assman and a coach. Time to find more guys who love weekends in a distillery.

Aha, and then a lightbulb goes off in his head. Ooh so many young boys watch too much reality tv about football dreams..time to be the Blue Fairy :-) So here we go offering any Tom, Dick and Harry with a pair of worn out football boots a chance to kick one of my balls. This better not hurt. Hmm my love affair with Apple Computers is ending..too much Planned Obsolecence, and then I find a player called ...wait no player naming eh...well heres a hint what were people calling IMacs before they were called iMacs..some of you were probably in diapers..yay. No rule breaking yet.

First 4 friendlies..0-0, 0-2,0-1, 0-0. Hmm we're not off to a good start..maybe my dreams are gonna get shattered. Time for a pint and a change in tactics..lets drop the 4231 i had planned which does depend on some gifted midfielders, and go with a backs to the wall old fashioned 451. First match of the season - Bookies have favoured us to lose handsomely against Harrogate. Well they dont know how i prep my team. I find players who have the boots to kick my balls and join me for a pint after! WE WIN 2-0

This manager is back and off to a fine start ;-)

Just a small update here, not much happened this season.

Canvey Island - 2013/14 End of Season Update - Blue Square South

"who needs goals anyway..."

League (Positions) : And it was going so well after 1 game :cool: We struggled for goals all season and only a late 5 game unbeaten run near the end of the season guaranteed our safety. On the bright side, we did have one of the better defensive records in the entire division so we have something to work off for next season.

Cups : Not much to report here; lost to the powerhouse that is Romford at home in the FA Cup and then lost to Newport County in the FA Trophy.

Squad (1)(2) and Transfers: A lot in and a lot out as per usual for the first season. My tactic is only playing 1 up front so only one more striker is required I think, as long as he's a good one :brock:

Player of the Season : Luke Croll - DL

Had to be a defender after the job they did last season. To be fair it could've been either of the 2 starting centre-backs as well such how they performed as a unit.

Finances : Normal non-league finances here, losing money left right and centre. Could do with a cup run next year since I'm already over my wage budget for next season.

History

2013/14: BSS - 14th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 3rd Quali Rd

Saints_Crest_Hero_Web_White_Shadow.jpg

St. Neots Town FC - League Two - 2019/20 - First

Pretty damned good season if I do say so. As usual, we took our time to get into a rhythm but once there we were pretty unstoppable. Woeful defence, but on most days we could outscore anyone.

League Table

Games

Finances - Spent a bit on upgrades, but still doing quite well. Bit disapointed the Man Utd game was at home, but we did well out of that anyway.

FA Cup - Bit of an easy run until Man Utd, which was a hectic game. Scoring three goals against them showed the skill we have up front, but also showed the gaping holes in our defence.

Capital One Cup - Played the first squad for the Leyton game which I don't usually do for the League Cup where there is no money involved. Southampton game was a cracker and we were unlucky to lose. The whole team played really well.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Sadly we weren't able to repeat last seasons magic, going down in a thriller against Portsmouth. Down 0-4 going into the half, it was looking as if the reigning champions were in for a spanking from the former Premier League team. But with some crazy goals in the second half, we pulled it back and took the game to penalties. Now, one thing about my team is there is only one player who takes penalties well. Meechan. He missed.... and everyone else scored. Oh well.

Squad - The defence is atrocious and I need to offload some strikers and attackers, but really quite happy at the moment with the squad. DoF brought in some quality loans which helped a lot.

Key Player Profiles

Chike Kandi - Sweety didn't get as much play time this season as I gave Unsworth a shot, but he did well when given a shot

Connor Wells - Decent young defender who plays better than his stats really show

Player of the Season

Nathan Meechan -Terrible finishing, but he still puts the goals away

Youth Players

None!

Project Player

players with potential to be stars who I will take under my wing

Sam Unsworth - Great stats but not finding the net as much as I would like. Some late season injuries hampered him as well

Callum Burton - Snappy young keeper with a lot of promise. Will send him on loan again next season to gain experience. He spent 90% of this season at Barnet on loan, but I had to recall him in a crisis.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North       18th  
2014/15       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        5th                 
2015/16       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet North        1st 
2016/17       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     20th                           FA Trophy win
2017/18       St. Neots               England                Blue Square Bet Premier     5th                            Promoted!
2018/19       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             4th                            JPT Champions
2019/20       St. Neots               England                npower League 2             1st                            League 2 Champions!!

Next Season

Survival

Bulk up the squad

Defence!

Maybe some more upgrades depending how the money goes

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd

Championship - Stoke, Doncaster, Notts Co

npower League 2 - St Neots, Stevenage, Preston, Bath

FA Cup - Man Utd

JPT - Hartlepool

Capital One Cup - Fulham

Hyundai A-League - Perth/Brisbane

Scarped through 3-2 on aggregate to the playoff final, playing Kettering. Just after the semi I have also got a 2 year contract extension with the club!

Edit: Can anyone help? Alt+f9 is no longer taking screenshots for me. No idea why

Re=Edit: Never mind, I had my 'f lock' off. Season review shortly.

AFC Fylde 2014/15 Season Review

We planned for consolidation, we hoped for more.

BSP Info Position Graph Squad Finances

Our first season in the Blue square premier began brightly enough with some good results, including a 5-1 drubbing of Southend. But then the games started to get away from us, and we went on a terrible run, dropping as low as 17th in the table. But a small rejig of tactics saw us push on with some great form, and towards the end of the season suddenly playoffs looked within our grasp. And then, on the final day, we secured them with a great result over then 3rd placed Tamworth (the league was so tight, that result saw them fall to 7th place). Only 4 points separated 3rd and 11th after all 46 games.

In the playoffs we snook through against a strong Salisbury side before meeting Kettering in front of 38000 fans at Wembley stadium. After taking an absolute battering we managed to hit them on the break twice late on to win the game 3-1! League football here we come.

In the cups we managed to get to play Reading in the 3rd round who beat us comfortably 3-1, and were eliminated at the first hurdle in the JP Trophy.

Our best players were once again Alex Titchener, racking up a stunning 29 goals taking his Fylde career total to 57 in 82. I'm hoping he can at least stay a rotation player next year, I've grown attached to Titch. Matty hughes also played well for me at centre back, we greatly missed him when injured. I dont think he'll be good enough for L2 though, he was one of the players that was at the club when I joined. Finally there was a player who had a brief cameo at the end of the season when injuries hit, on loan for Walsall, Connor Taylor. He got 2 goals in 6, but they were 2 of our most important goals - he scored the winner in the playoff semi final and the winner in the penultimate league game.

For next season I plan to try and tie down my best players now that we're professional!! Also I hope to go on a JPT run and just to survive. Our finances are looking good, huge money has come in from various competitions. And finally, with new leagues come new expansions.

Onwards and upwards for The Coasters!

4 League games in and I finally get my first points! Nice comfortable (cough!) 3-2 win over Gloucester. We 3 up and they were down to 10 men by half time. So it was lovely terrifying 2nd half!

Yeah, holding onto a lead is unbelievably difficult in this game.

I'm going to attempt to try this again ! I usually get frustrated after a couple of seasons.

Main reason for this post is I always would like to be the Met Police for some reason, and due to their low rep they never come up. If anyone would be so lucky as to see them whilst reloading, would you be kind enough to upload the save. Two days of reloading until I gave up last year :(.

I play balanced that way I can go ever way. Do you play counter at home?

Yeah, i've always played counter since fm11, apart from when I managed to make Newcastle dominant and then I played attacking. Might try out balanced this season, going to switch up my formation from 4-2-2-2 anyways, might as well bring in fresh tactics.

Yeah, i've always played counter since fm11, apart from when I managed to make Newcastle dominant and then I played attacking. Might try out balanced this season, going to switch up my formation from 4-2-2-2 anyways, might as well bring in fresh tactics.
I like the flexibility of standard like although I played counter on the first season to survive! I also switched my tactics again to my old CM01/02 fave 4-1-3-2 which is doing me proud in League One!

Signed Wales legend John Hartson as an attacking coach and Lee trundle as a player coach who can hopefully chip in with a few goals. Making some other decent signings but have pretty much run out of wage budget. After this season of new facilities, new stadium and wages I may well be losing money by the truckload.

Im currently always set to counter as when I try anything more attacking than that I feel too uneasy. Haven't got a lot of goals in my team bar that one half so conceding as few as possible is my plan

Its a good basis to have, attacking football for me in LLM is suicide unless you have a far superior squad.

Season 2014/15 Review - Kendal Town in the Blue Square Bet North

League Table | Past Positions | Cups

That's more like it! Got tired of getting hit on the counter and switched to a possession based 4-1-4-1 with pre-match focus on attacking set pieces. We don't score a lot but the odd goal is usually enough. Marginally better cup performance but still nowhere near the money-spinners. Finally getting a grip on the tactics was a big relief; being able to kill off games and put in last-minute pushes in a somewhat controlled fashion netted us plenty of extra points.

Squad

Smaller than last year as the board lowered the wage budget. Payne and McNish only came in toward the end of the season so it was actually even smaller for most of it. I might've kinda sorta overworked the others just a tad. Hey, it worked out in the end. :p

Transfers

Had to release a few players who wouldn't sign new deals without ~100% wage increases, something the club just can't afford. GK position was particularly troubling until my scout came across Tarney; not super remarkable but he's been surprisingly solid. The other highlights here are probably my first two paid transfers: Folan and Bradley, two Alfreton rejects. Ironically, their performances for me are what let us steal 1st narrowly ahead of just Alfreton.

Finances

Looking bleak. I'm within my budgets, we just don't have the fanbase to support them, minimal as they may be. Fingers crossed I won't run into too serious contract renewal issues.

Aim for next season: Stay up. No fuss.

Season    League                    Finish   Achievements
2014/15   Blue Square Bet North     1st      -
2013/14   Blue Square Bet North     5th      -

Our fanbase has almost trebled to a gargantuan 633 season tickets. You can tell we're in the big leagues now :D

Opening with a capital 1 cup trip to Sheffield United... Nothing like easing into football league life easily, eh?

Tense for you, champ. Hopefully you have some Germans in your team and they arent all English.

Great news champ. My trip to sheffield also went well. The word of the day was 'clinical' for me, as you can see I didnt have too many opportunities. Drawn against the mackems at the stadium of light for round 2! Doubt I could win but i'd be so happy if I did.
That's a good win man, I've not won a game in the FA or League Cup since I've been in League football but I'm a championship side next season so time to change that!

Congratulations champ :D Those days of struggling to get out the BSP are a distant memory.

Yep, I think the hardest part of this challenge are those years! Although with my 35k p/w (1.82m pa) wage budget for the Championship I may be struggling like mad for survival, I've just checked this years Championship and the lowest club salary is £4.85m.

Well done Champ! Hopefully you can go straight up from the Championship. It didnt seem like it had the same step up in class like previous FM's for me. I'm sure you can survive and possibly you might have a lot of success.

Wingate & Finchley - Blue Square Bet Premier - 2017/18

My poor control of the finances had meant we were faced with cutting costs as we tried to improve on last season where we just missed out on the playoffs,

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a mid season dip, we made a decent title challenge but ended up settling for a place in the playoffs.

Playoff semi final leg 1 - this was unexpected as we made the most of our chances and took a big lead.

Playoff semi final leg 2 - we expected to hang on to our lead, but an early goal meant we actually controlled the match.

Playoff final - it just wasn't our day as we failed to take our chances and ended up conceded late goals.

FA Trophy - for once we really went for it, and with the help of a couple of replays we made the final, which we dominated but only just won.

FA Cup - we were flying in the cup, but the draw didn't help us out as we missed out on a big pay day by losing to QPR at home.

Transfers - the only action came late in the season as we had to add to the squad to save our exhausted players.

Squad - we started the season with 19 players, so a few backup players were added to fill the gaps.

Finances - at the start of the season we were worried about administration, we've ended up in a better position than ever.

Key Player Profiles:

Aiden O'Brien - a stunning season, but his contract is up so it could be his last here.

Nathan Nyafli - another great season from the supporting striker.

Paul Hecker - the left back had a great season leading the assists for the team.

Louis Thompson - a superb player for this level, and will be staying for next season.

Stephen Arthurworrey - our best defender again.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists

Next Season

Losing in the playoff final was obviously a massive blow, but it has been a great season nonetheless. Withe the finances looking better I'm hoping I'll get a decent budget for next season to finally try and improve this squad.

fG2Mv.jpg

MadMcMan- Carshalton Athletic - Blue Square Premier - 2015/16

7th. We started poorly then grinded out results to get to 6th, had a horrible time and dropped to 19th then had a run at the end where we finished 7th.

our last game resulted in our biggest ever win. The season ended too quickly for us.

League Table

League Positions Graph - a great start but it went downhill and didn't change much for the rest of the season.

We didn't do anything in the cups to warrant a post about them. 2nd round loss against sutton utd and barnsley put us out 4-1 in the 1st round of the fa cup.

Squad - Finally got 2 strikers who are decent, Just need to fill that right winger position and i'm sorted.

Transfers Cleared out more players and brought in quality. Got some good youths from the premiership but a couple were brought in blind and didn't live up to expectations.

Finances - only 100k in the red now, another season like this one and we'll be in the black!

Key Player Profiles:

Gozie Ugwu - Grabbed 13 in 43 and started to turn into a proper striker.

Corey Gameiro - Picked up this stiker midway through the season. He'll come in handy when we get promoted next season ;)

Ryan O'Reilly - Still plugging away in my defence. He keeps on signing with reduced wages too which is nice of him!

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st            Promotion!
2014/15   Blue Square Premier       15th          Survived.
2014/15   Blue Square Premier       7th            

Next Season

I want to go for promotion. We have the basis of a solid squad, i could do with getting a better keeper and desperately need to finally get a proper striker.

HEDNESFORD TOWN

2021/22 League One

Championship Here We come!

Club Information l Manager Profile |Confidence|Finances|Squad(1)(2)|Transfers

The League

League Table |Position Graph |

Well, I thought we'd struggle to survive this season but I managed to get a couple of decent freebies and loanees in for the start of the season. We started off slowly as per usual but I've turned into a bit of a Fergie where my teams peak after xmas and this happened once again,which coincided with my first ever cash signing Joey Langiano for£24k who went on to score 19 in his 20 games for the club, including 12 in the last 10 games and a 5 goal haul as I smashed Palace 7-1 away. We went on run from mid-January of 12 wins, 3 draws and a loss from my final 15 games which propelled me from relegation threatened in 17th to a comfortable and even unlucky to n miss out on automatic promotion in 4th.

The Play Offs

Semi Finals

Sowe had Mansfield and drew both legs, so it went down to penalties and we were the brave and more composed, maybe from our experiences in past playoffs.

Play Off Final

The final was against Nott's County, who surprised many by beating Northampton as they were a team on the slide, we took the lead 3times and was pegged back twice, but after Joey Langiano bagged hishattrick goal I switched to defensive and they held on. The third goal was disputed by a bitter Notts County manager for a reported foul in the build up, but it was just sour beans on his part.

Bitter Notts Co

The Cups

"]The Cups

Well I wanted to progress in the cups but it wasn't to be, but survival was first priority.

Top Scorer

"]Joey Langiano

Despite only being involved in 5 of the 10 month season, the clubs record and only cash signing scored 19 goals in 20 games and has some great physical stats, he's only 23 so will hopefully be here for a few years yet.

Aims For Next Season

Survival.

I know after 3 promotions in a row expectations maybe high at the club,but the Championship is a strong league with some massive clubs and we have a wage budget that is a third of the next lowest payers in the league.

The chairman has been forced to change the terraced areas to seating,which means were getting 4500 more seats but our capacity will still only be 6500 (6000 seats), this won't be completed until March so we will be playing at Molineux in the meantime. Its also worth noting that the chairman is looking to sell the club so a takeover could be possible in the future.

Stadium Expansions

CareerOverview

Season         League                League Finish     Achievements[/size]
[size=2]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]
[size=2]2013/14     Blue Square North        17th           FA Cup 1st Round[/size]
[size=2]2014/15     Blue Square North        5th             Promoted via the playoffs.[/size]
[size=2]2015/16     Blue Square Premier      13[sUP]th[/sUP]           Security[/size]
[size=2]2016/17     Blue Square Premier      16[sUP]th[/sUP]           Keeping thesquad together.[/size]
[size=2]2017/18     Blue Square Premier      20[sUP]th[/sUP]           FA Cup 3[sUP]rd[/sUP]Round (500k gate receipts)[/size]
[size=2]2018/19     Blue Square Premier      12[sUP]th[/sUP]           Most pointsat this level[/size]
[size=2]2019/20      Blue Square Premier     2[sUP]nd[/sUP]            Promotion(via playoffs)[/size]
[size=2]2020/21     League Two                6[sUP]th[/sUP]             Promoted via the play offs.[/size]
[size=2]2021/22     League One                4[sUP]th[/sUP]             Promoted via the play offs.[/size]

Well done Champ! Hopefully you can go straight up from the Championship. It didnt seem like it had the same step up in class like previous FM's for me. I'm sure you can survive and possibly you might have a lot of success.

I'm hopeful of staying up, but the wage budget is not going to help as I will need at least 3-4 first team players although the loan market may help me. Yeah like I said above, the hardest part of this challenge is the Blue Square years and then eventually trying to win the Champions League will take some years.

I've had an awful start to my tenure as Lewes manager. I've lost the first three games by scores of 0-1, 0-2 and 0-3, and that is after a pre-season I was really happy with. My players played with confidence and we we didn't lose a single friendly. I'm confused as hell as to why they've gone from playing good football with confidence to playing so badly and constantly being reported as feeling axious, nervous or furious in every game.

I had the exact same problem in my career save as Bournemouth. I had an excellent pre-season and then everything turned to misery in the competitive matches. Nothing I do in team talks seems to make any difference and I'm fearing the worst for each game.

I've never had this problem in FM before and I'm at a loss. I don't understand the nervousness from my players or what to do to change my fortunes. How can I have such a good pre-season and have it go this way?

Going into this season i was hoping to avoid relegation while rebuilding the squad.

League Table l Positions

We avoided relegation, we comfortably above the relegation zone all season but never got a good run going at any point but i was bringing players in all season and we had to change tactics a few times because of injuries.

Cups[/url]

We got to the 1st round of the FA Cup and were knocked out by league 1 side Yeovil, we had the better of them for most of the first half but they scored twice against the run of play in the 43 and 45+1 minutes and the momentum went with them.

Key players

Hatib Cham - great poacher, scored 29 goals in 46 appearances.

- our best defender.

- Was struggling with goalkeepers but found him near the end of the season and was a noticeable improvement.

Promising Youth Players

N/A - No youth team.

Next Season's Goals

Promotion

The current starting 11 should be good enough for promotion, over the summer i will look to add some depth particularly in defence.

Career Overview

Season         League        League Finish        Achievements
[color=#333333]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=#333333]2013/14   Blue Square North       15th         Survival & FA Cup 1st Round[/color]

Archived