Use fullscreen?  

525 members have voted

1. 1. Use fullscreen?

• Yes, i play FM in fullscreen
    • No, i use window mode, its better.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Right-click on the football manager icon on your desktop and select properties.
  2. Click the shortcut tab and type the following: "-small_screen -windowed" into the target box after what is already in there.
  3. Then click apply and ok.

it says to write in the target box but its grayed out on mine it shows in my link

is there a way of making FM smaller in windowed mode than in full screen mode? i've just started using windowed mode, but i might have to go to full screen again because it annoys me that you've got to scroll down to see all of a player's stats.

is there a way of making FM smaller in windowed mode than in full screen mode? i've just started using windowed mode, but i might have to go to full screen again because it annoys me that you've got to scroll down to see all of a player's stats.

well i got used to, but its a users choice

Windowed mode, looks alot better imho. The 1280x800 (the res on my laptop) is a bit annoying though, hopefully FM09 will support this resolution better.

profil: the windowed more res is equal or higher not less (higher res = things look smaller, less = things look bigger).

I play in windowed mode.

Infact I'm playing it now.

WHS :thup:

People still use full-screen mode? How sweet. :*)

Exactly what I thought :D

roooonaldooo: It's a shame that I don't have my Vista laptop here now because I recently made it work and I don't remember what it looked like. But as far as I'm concerned, it should say "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" in the target box and not just Football Manager 2008 :confused:

Weird really, because i never knew how to do windows Mode, and when i started playing fm live, fm looked crap and the players to big, then i started trying to get back into fm, and played it on Windows Mode so fm live and normal fm would look pretty simliar in size, then i got a new Pc at my moms house, and it wouldnt let me play in windows mode, so i had to play in full mode, and about a day after a got kicked out of fm live, meaning it werent weird when playing football manager..

and my pc's are both quick, so the windows button is used alot, and its all smooth so it doesnt really matter,

i have no prefence to which one is better, its more of a case, getting used to one

I use Full Screen, but Mac Multi Tab allows me to do this, very easily....

Yea.jpg

and then just select which screen i want to put it in full screen mode :p

^ same as this guy, love that mac feature

Now i have a macbook, which is much much faster than my last computer, i find i have less time to do multitasking as it loads so much faster

I have recently been playing in windowed since reading this thread but after playing a match or two FM keeps saying "Not Responding" and I have to shut Fm down via task manager. I haven't lost too much game time because I auto save regularly but it's getting frustrating. This never happened when I was playing in full screen mode. Any help? Thanks in advance.

I have recently been playing in windowed since reading this thread but after playing a match or two FM keeps saying "Not Responding" and I have to shut Fm down via task manager. I haven't lost too much game time because I auto save regularly but it's getting frustrating. This never happened when I was playing in full screen mode. Any help? Thanks in advance.

This happens to me also but only when the game is processing and if you keep clicking then not responding will come up as it is not responding but only because it is processing. This happens in full screen as well, I think, but there is no title bar so 'not responding' is not visible.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed " that's what mine says its full screen.!! in my target and all.

Try removing the space and the " at the end of the line?

I am still having the same problem as before (see a few posts up). Anyone got any ideas? Now the FM screen just goes all white and does nothing at all. The game file will be quite large as i'm in the year 2022 in game but my PC should handle it just fine and as I said before, this has only just happened after switching to windowed mode. Thanks again for any suggestions.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed " that's what mine says its full screen.!! in my target and all.

I had this problem, i found that when i clicked on the old shortcut i normally used, it didn't work in windowed. When i clicked the FM in games it worked. :confused:

Works now though :D

I find my computer runs so much slower in non-windowed mode, with other application running in the background.

When I tab between programs this way it always hangs for a couple of seconds before changing - heart stopping moments if I'm in the middle of an unbeaten, unsaved run :)

Windowed mode rules - should be defaulted to this imo :thup:

Didnt really explain myself there...

Just right click on that new shortcut on the desktop and then type in the -windowed -small_screen.

This is because the shortcut on your desktop at the moment isnt the actual fm.exe, its the shortcut from the file in the 'games' folder.

I find my computer runs so much slower in non-windowed mode, with other application running in the background.

When I tab between programs this way it always hangs for a couple of seconds before changing - heart stopping moments if I'm in the middle of an unbeaten, unsaved run :)

Windowed mode rules - should be defaulted to this imo :thup:

yes, shame is that only like 5 months later i started using window mode

Playing windowed since I found out about it (which, if I recall correctly, was when it was introduced), and would not be able to get into a new FM if it did not have this function. Like others, I like to play while doing other things (makes the loading/processing times less annoying as well).

got a problem with windowed mode on FM Live :(

i added in the -small_screen -windowed part to the target box as i've always done on all previous FM games, and it has always worked. but still FM Live is in full screen mode. i went to preferences and tried both single window and multi windows but neither works, saying the resolution is not big enough to fit in the screen or something.

anyone know how to fix this? cheers

Archived