FM 13 Windows 8

Sweet can get W8 free from College, might as well upgrade my OS thanks guys!

I'd read reviews first. Just saying. If you've got a "might as well" attitude it suggests you don't really know what it will do yet... and it's a total change from anything Windows has been before. No start menu, it's all geared towards touchscreen - tablets, touchsceen monitors, phones etc. If you have a standard desktop PC I'd advise well against getting Windows 8...

Just my opinion of course and I'm sure others will have a different one! But read up on it is all I'm saying :)

I'd read reviews first. Just saying. If you've got a "might as well" attitude it suggests you don't really know what it will do yet... and it's a total change from anything Windows has been before. No start menu, it's all geared towards touchscreen - tablets, touchsceen monitors, phones etc. If you have a standard desktop PC I'd advise well against getting Windows 8...

Just my opinion of course and I'm sure others will have a different one! But read up on it is all I'm saying :)

You know what mate, your absolutely right, thanks for the friendly advice, :brock:

Entitled to your opinion and all, but ive been using it for the last 3 weeks and you start to not notice the changes, little things are still annoying but the speed up in boot more than makes up for it for me. Admittedly I was a big critic of Win 8 on the outside, but you just get used to it.

And every single function is completely identical to 7. The metro interface also works completely identical to the start menu, if not better.

Gillsman, you're an idiot and I disagree. Windows 8 is just fine. I don't understand people who's usage of Windows must consist of looking at their start menu all day. At least I presume this is the case given how much they miss it.

Gillsman, you're an idiot and I disagree. Windows 8 is just fine. I don't understand people who's usage of Windows must consist of looking at their start menu all day. At least I presume this is the case given how much they miss it.

Yeah, let's not resort to calling people idiots, eh? Especially as my post was clearly partly in jest (I'm obviously not going to ban anyone who thinks W8 is good, and I thought this was obvious enough not to warrant a safety smiley).

The Metro interface is pretty horrible though. But we're waaaaay off topic here, so let's not continue this here, eh?

But yeah, play nicely and let's not resort to calling people idiots, OK?

W8 is a gimmick software which wont be PC gaming friendly and looks more like a phone app software, just a money spinner from Microsoft where greed seems to have got the better of them these days, stick to Win 7 is way the best since Win XP.

Basically it's like this..

W8 is like any other OS, it's gonna take a long while to get used to; I wont deny it. The main breaking point is wether you're willing to accept that adaption period for a MUCH(10s, not even kidding, installs faster than some people boot up) shorter bootup time.

Everything else fuctions EXACTLY the same, you still hit the same spot for start, type in foot hit enter and FM12 will boot up...

Those moaning about Vista, it's unjustified. I have a laptop with 4gb RAM and a dual core processor running vista and FM12 and it all runs perfectly well.

As mentioned above, it will run on Windows 8 but not on W8RT.

Just have to read the threads and what the people who develop the game actually say...

Those moaning about Vista, it's unjustified. I have a laptop with 4gb RAM and a dual core processor running vista and FM12 and it all runs perfectly well.

As mentioned above, it will run on Windows 8 but not on W8RT.

Just have to read the threads and what the people who develop the game actually say...

Opinions vary. Vista was crap, is crap, and still will be turd even when windows 8 is omnipresent.

The moaning is justified because that is my opinion and my experience with vista.

Seems to me people that have tried the bèta (including me) react to windows 8 like this:

Basically it's like this..

W8 is like any other OS, it's gonna take a long while to get used to; I wont deny it. The main breaking point is wether you're willing to accept that adaption period for a MUCH(10s, not even kidding, installs faster than some people boot up) shorter bootup time.

Everything else fuctions EXACTLY the same, you still hit the same spot for start, type in foot hit enter and FM12 will boot up...

And people that "have read something about it somewhere" and haven't tried it yet react like this:

Stay with windows 7, windows 8 is designed for the windows tablet. Windows 8 is not a upgrade of windows 7 but is a a new kind of software.

Vista is fine once you've made some tweaks to it, it's not brilliant out of the box but after you've disabled things like User Account Control and got the Service Packs installed it's fine. Windows 8 is fantastic, it isn't just 'designed for tablets', it boots up in literally 10 seconds, you don't have to use the new Start screen if you don't want to, that''s why there's a tile on there called 'desktop' which takes you to your normal desktop. Yes it's a bit of a change from Windows 7, but it's a good change once you get used to it and I've got FM12 (along with a few other games and everything else I ran on Windows 7) running perfectly fine on Windows 8 Professional (I'm a Technet subscriber so I've got early access to the full version).

I'm a system engineer, so I test it......

Great, I pick the one dude that tested it and didn't like it. :lol:

I don't like metro btw, apart from that it's just smoother in everything.

If you want a faster boot and faster performance out of Windows 7, get a decent SSD.

Windows on my PC loads in 11 seconds from start.

Hmm, an SSD: € 200

Windows 8: $40

Yes I too boot my machine every day..... I believe I can go on with my life, even though I might waste 20 seconds a day booting my PC.

Also my co-worker and I tested it the moment it was released on MSDN, I got sick of it 5 mins later, my co-worker tried the rest of the day. Out conclution was the same. Win8 is terrible, both for work and personal use.

yea i agree, but to be hornest it didnt take me more than one minutte to realize how crappy it was, i just gave it a few mins extra to be sure - then passed it on to my co-worker.

So you used it for 'a few minutes' and decided it's completely crap? Aside from a bug with dynamic ticking which should be fixed in the first patches it's perfectly fine for use at home and work as well. It runs very quickly, what runs on Windows 7 runs on it with no issues and compared to how Vista is out of the box it's pretty stable. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's crap, it's fine.

Opinions vary. Vista was crap, is crap, and still will be turd even when windows 8 is omnipresent.

The moaning is justified because that is my opinion and my experience with vista.

I, and most people, agree with you. It's well known that Microsoft have a good one, bad one release schedule.

Windows 3.1x (1992) - Good

Windows 95 (1995) - Bad

Windows 98 (1998) - Good

Windows ME (2000) - Bad

Windows XP (2001) - Good

Windows Vista (2006) - Bad

Windows 7 (2009) - Good

Windows 8 (2012?) - ???

Being myself a network admin since 15 years I can tell you W8 is just a small nuance compared to W7, at least from a pro point of view.

The home user may got hooked my MS marketing but that's nothing more than W7, just slightly quicker on booting and shutting down.

Being myself a network admin since 15 years I can tell you W8 is just a small nuance compared to W7, at least from a pro point of view.

The home user may got hooked my MS marketing but that's nothing more than W7, just slightly quicker on booting and shutting down.

lolz.. could not resist :>

Archived