FM 13 Windows 8

There's more pages, you need to click next.

Basically it will prove faster with older processors, or slower processors (laptops, mobiles, tablets etc.)

It's not just a cosmetic change though. It performs better in some areas than Windows 7.

It's not just a cosmetic change though. It performs better in some areas than Windows 7.

And worse in others. The differences are too small to be noticeable either way. Basically the only noticeable improvement is the boot-up/shut-down time (presumably on systems with spindle drives only) and the UI if you happen to like it.

Did you even read the link I posted to? It's not just faster booting and shutting down.. they tested it, against several things.

Yes I read it and I confirm that those benchmarks means nothing from a pro point of view. Above all because the supposed improvements are hardly perceivable.

MS put lot of attention on the cosmetic features and forgot as usual to fix some issues that a home user does not use but within a global domain architecture are really important.

Told that, if you would like to get a copy of W8 I suppose you will be happy.

I don't know what your "pro point of view" is? If you think it's a cosmetic change then that's what you think - but it is my opinion that it's not correct.

I know it's a lot more. And I'm happy with my assessment of it.

From a pro point of view of course.

It's like.

People, why are you talking when it's blatantly obvious you haven't even used the damn thing.

"Phone UI". Yeah, feel free to ignore it and use windows just as you have on 7, go ahead. The only major difference is file explorer.

I don't even need to reply to the guy talking about kinect... It's not even made for PC.

In general, SHOULD you upgrade? Up to you, but it wont give you a massive performance boost, if you feel like it go ahead, if you don't stay on 7. I don't see where the problem is. Neither windows is superior, and both have their uses.

I don't know what your "pro point of view" is? If you think it's a cosmetic change then that's what you think - but it is my opinion that it's not correct.

I know it's a lot more. And I'm happy with my assessment of it.

From a pro point of view of course.

If you had fiddled with Active Directory based on W2008 R2 on global scale with 10.000 users you would certainly know what " pro " means.....

I, and most people, agree with you. It's well known that Microsoft have a good one, bad one release schedule.

Windows 3.1x (1992) - Good

Windows 95 (1995) - Bad

Windows 98 (1998) - Good

Windows ME (2000) - Bad

Windows XP (2001) - Good

Windows Vista (2006) - Bad

Windows 7 (2009) - Good

Windows 8 (2012?) - ???

You put windows ME at the same level as 95 & vista? Ouch.

Archived