Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone at the club is still on speaking terms with AVB, I'd appreciate them trying to flog Meireles off to him again.

Not really basing that on anything that happened tonight, I just thing he's nowhere near good enough to play for us plus his love of putting balls into orbit from 25 yards is very annoying.

If he's on the bench, can't see it being for long. He'll have to subscribe to RDM's thing though, we did see an arguably better player in Sturridge seemingly behind Kalou on the depth chart. Don't know a thing about how he plays, tbh.

I think Mata will be the nominal central player when they line up but I think the three of them will just play in the space behind the striker and rotate.

I was thinking it would be Oscar, everyone's describing him as Lampard's successor so I'd imagine he's most comfortable in the middle, whereas Hazard and Mata can both operate quite comfortably out wide. That said, I expect the three will frequently swap positions throughout games.

I don't expect Oscar to be a starter this season, but will get plenty of time anyway. I'd expect...

Marin-Hazard-Mata

Mikel-Lampard

expect Mata and Hazard to just go whereever they like, but Marin seems like he'll stick on the left and cut inside every time.

Rumours (pretty weak ones, IMO) that we're signing Sam Hutchinson.

Seems strange, as our manager (god bless his fat bellied, tax-avoiding soul) has said he's only signing one player on loan and that's to be a striker.

Anything been heard from Chelsea end?

3rd kit is quite good actually, will decide between that and the home shirt for which one I am going to get. Then I will have to decide who to get on the back.

Got back to Plymouth today from Cardiff for the Brazil game. It was a good game and Oscar played very well. Isn't afraid of the ball, is on the ball a lot and really was at the centre of most of their attacking play. Was pretty ruined for the game so celebrated for either side whilst also trying to learn a few Arabic chants :D

^ My thoughts exactly. Just let it die already.

The guy's an absolute legend. Much love for JT. :cool:

I think the FA are charging Terry reluctantly but don't want to lose face if they did not charge him and to avoid angry back clashers and for numerous reasons questions will be raised and compared to Suarez if he was not charged. Disappointed but expected it tbh

Also saw a article on goal.com this morning that says he would be happy to play wherever RDM wants him to (within reason I presume). That will be good then as I can see him being used in a couple of places until we decide where he works best for us.

That was a pretty average Milan side that started the game. Saying that though it is still only pre-season and we are still playing without 2 or 3 first team players. I think the Brighton friendly and the City game will be more telling of where the team is at. Saying that though I would have thought we would have had slightly better results so far.

With the amount of new transfers brought in, i expected much better results too.

I find Hazard quite disappointing so far though :/

First off, pre-season doesn't mean a thing, everyone will be playing conservatively to not get injured, hence most games being so boring. (The only people likely to be really trying are the youngsters out to make an impression). It's only natural to be a little concerned to see some bad decision making leading to our losses, but it really doesn't mean anything. As for Hazard, he's getting used to playing with a new set of players, and it's a group constantly being rotated around him: not exactly the ideal circumstances for anyone to shine. Same can be said for Marin.

Archived