Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched some very short highlights (just the goals this morning) so I didn't get to see many of the players just playing. Couple of well taken one's by Lukaku in there which is good to see and a couple of good assists by McEachran despite his awful pass. I would be happy seeing how he plays during these next few friendlies and try and give him some time in one of the 2 positions in the 4-2-3-1. Despite his small stature he looks like he can handle more than he looks like he could, if you get what I mean.

Didn't get to see any extended highlights of any other players but it seems Hazard and Marin did well, so that is positive as well.

i thought kakuta did alright. worked his nuts off.

and saville i got so so wrong :D. remember seeing him as a 16 or so year old (when he was about 4ft in fairness) and not really understanding his place within the academy. last few years he has made leaps and bounds so fair play to him.

RDM admits we are in negotations with Moses. If he does arrive surely that spells the end of Kakuta, Malouda and maybe Sturridge but doubt it. Malouda says he wants to see out his contract though, so a stumbling block there. If we get Moses I hope that spells an end to the search for more attacking wingers

Yeah think I remember that, was that the game he scored in? Could be talking bollocks, but I think other players look at him and don't necessarily feel the need to brace themselves as much, perhaps they're underestimating his core strength for now.

I just think he looked as though he was running with more power than he has before, looked fitter/stronger, which I suppose is perfectly natural given his age.

Nah it was away at Villa in the league, match finished 0-0, Anelka missed a coupla sitters.

Is that the one around October/November last year when Reo-Coker went through on goal with about 5 mins ago and buckled hilariously?

Cannot believe Brighton are charging £30 for the match in August. It's a pre-season friendly!

I paid around that for the carling cup game last year. I advise people to use the park and ride busses if you go as it's a nightmare getting to the ground.

Looks like we're getting Thorgan Hazard as well

I wonder if we said we'd try and sign him during negotiations.

Genuinely excited to see what our team will be like and how they'll play. Hopefully there's a similar buzz for the players and they can feed off of it.

They're basically trying to bend us over and pump us

Sounds like Brighton ;) I think most premiership clubs will put the prices up when your club visit although your club is just as bad charging us near £60. I know your point is £30 is too much for a friendly but £60 for a premiership game is also too much but unless people stop going the prices won't get any cheaper.

Luckily for me I am still a student and have my summer job to save towards Chelsea games. Still I have to then pay for return travel for London from Plymouth but luckily can get return buses for around £25-30 quid but that plus a ticket and then travel/food round London will be around £100 a game which is quite a lot. It's worth it though for me, even when we have lost/not done very well. Really excited about this season and my Reading/Newcastle tickets have already come through and getting sent from my home address to Uni address so I can't wait.

Sounds like Brighton ;) I think most premiership clubs will put the prices up when your club visit although your club is just as bad charging us near £60. I know your point is £30 is too much for a friendly but £60 for a premiership game is also too much but unless people stop going the prices won't get any cheaper.

Pretty much this, I used to go to matches at Stamford Bridge relatively frequently, but refuse to pay the prices charged now. Was hoping a pre-season friendly would give me the chance to see the team at a more reasonable price (was expecting around £15, £20 at most), but evidently no such luck.

How much are Chelsea charging for season tickets this season and match tickets? I presume prices will go up after the transfer spree. Liverpool are freezing their prices this season. I paid £802 for mine while the cheapest is £740 I think in the kop. Arsenal are supposed to be the most expensive tickets, their match tickets supposed to be up to £100 but they only charged us £52 last season might even have been £48 can't remember now but we don't have the money as you guys in London do ;)

Pretty much this, I used to go to matches at Stamford Bridge relatively frequently, but refuse to pay the prices charged now. Was hoping a pre-season friendly would give me the chance to see the team at a more reasonable price (was expecting around £15, £20 at most), but evidently no such luck.

Do you have to play a qualifier in the champions league or straight through to the group stages? Qualifying game might be around £25. Work mate is a chelsea fan and sounds hard to get tickets as it is done on a points basis although he accumulated around 60 points last season so was able to go to the big games even got offered ticket for Barcelona but no luck for the cup finals.

How much are Chelsea charging for season tickets this season and match tickets? I presume prices will go up after the transfer spree. Liverpool are freezing their prices this season. I paid £802 for mine while the cheapest is £740 I think in the kop. Arsenal are supposed to be the most expensive tickets, their match tickets supposed to be up to £100 but they only charged us £52 last season might even have been £48 can't remember now but we don't have the money as you guys in London do ;)

Between £750 and £1250.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/SeasonTicketsDetail

I've decided i'm most certainly not attending games that are on TV this year. Will probably decide on a game to game basis.

Don't think I've ever been so apathetic towards attending football matches.*

*youth games excluded

What's the best way to keep track or when/where youth games are going on, and to get tickets? Got a little more expendable money this year and would like to make some more effort to go to some games.

As the thread says, Champions of Europe :cool:

We were champions and still had to play qualifiers ;) I wasn't sure you took place of Spurs but had to play qualifiers or go straight to group stages.

Between £750 and £1250.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/SeasonTicketsDetail

I've decided i'm most certainly not attending games that are on TV this year. Will probably decide on a game to game basis.

Cheaper than Spurs and Arsenal prices not too bad to be fair for a london club. I feel sorry for the youngsters than want to go to the games as their fathers won't be able to afford to go to the games let alone take their kids with them.

• Administrators
What's the best way to keep track or when/where youth games are going on, and to get tickets? Got a little more expendable money this year and would like to make some more effort to go to some games.

Probably by following me on Twitter tbh.

U18 games are typically Saturday mornings, free entry (although Chelsea won't actively advertise that you can attend). U19s have NextGen games at Staines midweeks until Christmas, U21 games will be at Brentford for a fiver mainly Friday nights.

Probably by following me on Twitter tbh.

U18 games are typically Saturday mornings, free entry (although Chelsea won't actively advertise that you can attend). U19s have NextGen games at Staines midweeks until Christmas, U21 games will be at Brentford for a fiver mainly Friday nights.

Hmm, don't tend to look at Twitter. Is this your Chelsea Youth thingy?

Do you know how much NextGen games will be? Tickets on the door for that and U21, or do you book beforehand?

I think if we just sign a RB we'll be fine. Moses would be a bonus for backup, but we already have 6 players for those 3 positions (I think Kakuta should stay).

So is Oscar really going to come? Seems like this is at the same stage as Hulk was, at least according to, you know, the "media sources".

Pretty sure announcement will be made after Olympics

So is Oscar really going to come? Seems like this is at the same stage as Hulk was, at least according to, you know, the "media sources".

It seems a little more concrete than Hulk, although I don't think we have actually heard anything from the player have we? We have been told that a fee has been agreed and he has had a medical. Surely there would be no point in having a medical somewhere if he didn't want to move to us? Saying that though I won't be happy until we see that confirmation on the official website :D

There is quite a good article on him here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/19/london-2012-chelsea-oscar-brazil

Really don't know why we haven't/didn't look at Hoilett. He was clearly one off Blackburn's best players last season and was available for free right? Maybe it's because Moses is young and English which will help towards homegrown rules etc. Obviously he is still good but being English will no doubt have helped a bit too.

Also it's nice to see Bertrand and Sturridge playing tonight. Was interested in seeing this GB team but also tuned in to see Oscar (and Neymar who I just love).

Better than Moses imo, and I think potential to be a useful squad player.

Hoilett is better than Moses, although we don't need either of them IMO. Moses is possibly being pursued as a backup striker rather than AM, but I'd rather RDM gave Lukaku a chance.

• Administrators

Only think Hoilett has over Moses is goals/the ability to score from further out. Equally effective dribblers but Moses a more robust presence, which is the difference I guess Chelsea are looking for with our other collection of waif-like attacking mids. Moses more tactically disciplined too.

Archived