Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@unisurreyfc - but it's probably going to change soon as i've now graduated and not it charge any more

Who scored and caught your eye bridgekings? Boga is going to be an exceptional player as he devlops

Gosh, first half team was - Killip, Dabo, Bangura, Gordon, Wright, Houghton, Starkey, Seremba, Boga, Rodriguez, Figueira.

Scorers - Houghton, Seremba, Figueira (2), Boga, Joao Rodriguez.

Second half team was - Beeney, Nortey, Muleba, Conroy, Gnahore, Ssewankambo, Cole, Howard, Musonda, Mitchell, Kandi.

Scorers - Kandi (3), Cole, Musonda, Ssewankambo.

It's really hard to pick stand-outs as the game was so comfortable. What most impressed me was how clinical and incisive the team(s) were, which I guess is a given when you score 12!

Some general notes though:

- Houghton shows great awareness in both defence and in distribution.

- Boga has a fantastic understanding of how important body position can be for someone so young. More robust than I had initially thought.

- Charly Musonda is really small and slight, but thus very agile and has tidy feet.

- On the flipside Ssewankambo is a unit but can definitely play. Thought he was excellent.

- It was the first time I had seen Gnahore and he has wheels. Absolutely rapid, direct but with a trick. Initially very impressed.

I could write about each player really. It was very impressive and they played with a fantastic intensity.

• Administrators
Also, Dion Conroy has a certain aura about him. Technically impressive too, can strike the ball a variety of ways.

There's really something there isn't there? I can't remember where I've mentioned it before but I think he's fantastic and one under the radar to watch.

21s at Northwood was forgettable. Two Cliffords, two Angbans, two Musondas.

I certainly think so, as much as I can from a half anyway. I get the impression the coaching staff, well Viveash, see it too.

It's not going to make much (or any) sense in writing but there was an occasion where Viveash said "weeeeell dooooone Dion" after a good interception. The way he said it sounded like he had just seen him do it time and time again and was so assured of it happening.

Pre-season is my favourite part of the season. So exciting, so much hope.

Nice to see the unders doing well as well, let's hope the first team have a good pre-season as well. All seems to have gone quiet at the moment on any transfers to with us. Haven't heard much on Oscar for a few days anyway.

Problem with the Hulk deal is that 10% of his rights are owned by some muppet who won't sell them back to Chelsea/Porto unless he gets well beyond their value, and Chelsea can't sign him unless all of his rights belong to one party (FA rules). Chelsea have run out of patience which is why you've seen interest in Schurrle, Jovetic and Oscar, and why De Bruyne is probably staying and not going out on loan (got the number 14 shirt and has had a lot of positive press).

The sooner UEFA sort of this ownership rubbish that goes on with '3rd parties' the better. Do they even care?

Currently got 3 internet browsers open waiting to get logged in to buy tickets for the Newcastle and Reading games. Might try sit somewhere different for one of them though as I pretty much always sit in MHL Lower.

Phil is the entire MHL been taken up by season ticket holders? I couldn't get a seat there for either of the games? Bit strange as I wouldn't have thought the whole thing could have been taken up? I was on dead on 7am as well.

No it's not, but the majority of it is and they're the cheapest adult tickets with the 'best atmosphere' (it's full of *****) so they're popular, even the letterbox views at the back.

Yeah there are some colourful characters that I have sat next to. Sitting in MHL Upper for one game and then the Shed Upper for the other so hopefully I can see what it's like up there.

I think we're all glad that finally our squad building seems to be taking a more medium/long-term view, but am a bit worried that we may not have signed enough players that will have an immediate impact (given how far we were off the pace last season).

I think we're all glad that finally our squad building seems to be taking a more medium/long-term view, but am a bit worried that we may not have signed enough players that will have an immediate impact (given how far we were off the pace last season).

I'm not sure about that. I think this Chelsea team is one of the strongest teams they've ever had in terms of quality and depth. The only team who I think can match them in terms of quality is Man City. I still think they could do with another RB though seeing as Bosingwa's left and it leaves them a bit short in that department.

I'm not sure about that. I think this Chelsea team is one of the strongest teams they've ever had in terms of quality and depth. The only team who I think can match them in terms of quality is Man City. I still think they could do with another RB though seeing as Bosingwa's left and it leaves them a bit short in that department.

I swear you used to talk about Chelsea as 'us' and 'we', not 'them' and 'you'. Don't be sad Muller, Bayern could win it this year!

I swear you used to talk about Chelsea as 'us' and 'we', not 'them' and 'you'. Don't be sad Muller, Bayern could win it this year!

Nah, but I don't feel like a proper "fan" in the company of you lot. I have Chelsea key rings and posters and all sorts of strips and polo shirts, but still, I don't really feel as if I belong here. :thup:

Nah, but I don't feel like a proper "fan" in the company of you lot. I have Chelsea key rings and posters and all sorts of strips and polo shirts, but still, I don't really feel as if I belong here. :thup:

You're my favourite German Chelsea fan :thup:

How good is Todd Kane (or any other young RB) Phil? Is he actually a genuine contender for the job in the future?

If so with Ivanovic in his prime do we sign a young potential right back that will probably block a youngster or just sign a decent squad backup.

Apparently the Oscar signing has been confirmed according to Sky Sports. I don't know what to expect from him. Scared by the £25M fee.
This is another long term transfer for a young player who will start for us (like Mata and Hazard) so the price tag was what it is. I think it'll be irrelevant, to an extent, as there is more excitement around the transfer as opposed to immediate expecation. The most important thing is for him just to fulfill his potential and if he does, he'll be well worth the money paid

Agree with this being our strongest squad. The great thing is it's a very young one too, we just need a striker to make it amazing.

I'd say give Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku until January, with all these players behind them they should be scoring goals. If they're not doing the business then, then we go and bring in Cavani or the like if we need to. Cannot wait for the season to start now, our midfield now looks fb

L'Equipe is reporting that Thorgan Hazard (Lens) could follow his brother to Chelsea.

Just seen that :D

Hazard said that he has more talent than him. If that is true then if we can develop him, he could be a great player.

Archived