Champions of Europe 2012/13 Thread

Philip Rolfe

You personally watched how Chelsea won that tournament, so it really does amaze me how you can be proud about it. You should be embarrassed, really. It was a disgrace to the entire game. Next time, come out and play and we'll see who wins. ;)

Funniest thing I have read in AGES - thanks for making my weekend!!!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really disappointed with the friendly today. I know it's just a friendly but after watching the goals, our defending was pretty awful. I think we need to sort it out at the back and create a bit more up front. Next Sunday against Man City will be a better indication as they will actually take that game seriously (although I would expect us to beat Brighton even if not). Saying that I have a lot of confidence in these players and with Mata, Oscar and Sturridge (plus potentially two signings to come), we have the squad to challenge for multiple trophies this year.

You personally watched how Chelsea won that tournament, so it really does amaze me how you can be proud about it. You should be embarrassed, really. It was a disgrace to the entire game. Next time, come out and play and we'll see who wins. ;)

Muller, you are overreacting to a joke :herman: we must remember our team was depleted with injuries and suspensions that game and it was at your own backyard against an attacking threat of Kroos-Schwe-Robben-Muller-Ribery and Gomez. Imagine we just said play all out attack, we could of easily get destroyed on the counter attack. In a few years time people will forget how the game was played, they will only remember the winners name mate ;)

On the other hand of things, wasnt impressed at all with the performance today. The last time we lost 3 consecutive friendlies in the 10/11 season we went on to lost the Community Shield and finish trophyless :eek:

Rafa in disguise eh?

:D

Seriously though, I just think RDM really benefited from coming in at the time he did. The exact same thing happened when Avram and Guus took over. The thing for RDM now is that, he has one of the best teams we've had in years and the pressure really is on for him to succeed. It's harsh to judge him on pre-season friendlies, I understand that, but I really can't see him lasting the entire season here. When he was at WBA, he didn't have the slighest idea of how to turn it around when things were going badly (granted, they had a much worse team than we have), but still, he showed signs of being tactically inept when it came down to it.

Plus, he won't get away with playing as negatively as he did last year this time round. I'm not sure Hazard, Oscar and Mata are going to appreciate being told to play as 3 extra CB's against decent opposition. Honestly, I hope he proves me wrong because he seems like a really nice guy and his heart's in the right place, but I have my doubts about him in the long run. Let's just wait and see. :thup:

:D

Seriously though, I just think RDM really benefited from coming in at the time he did. The exact same thing happened when Avram and Guus took over. The thing for RDM now is that, he has one of the best teams we've had in years and the pressure really is on for him to succeed. It's harsh to judge him on pre-season friendlies, I understand that, but I really can't see him lasting the entire season here. When he was at WBA, he didn't have the slighest idea of how to turn it around when things were going badly (granted, they had a much worse team than we have), but still, he showed signs of being tactically inept when it came down to it.

Plus, he won't get away with playing as negatively as he did last year this time round. I'm not sure Hazard, Oscar and Mata are going to appreciate being told to play as 3 extra CB's against decent opposition. Honestly, I hope he proves me wrong because he seems like a really nice guy and his heart's in the right place, but I have my doubts about him in the long run. Let's just wait and see. :thup:

I don't think he'd play negatively this year, would be surprised if he did tbh. But I agree the pressure is on him due to the amount of money spent on the squad, Roman doesn't generally wait long and if this team doesn't blend well quickly and get the results we could see him getting sacked. I felt sorry for RDM at West Brom because I thought he was doing quite well when he did get the sack, obviously he had the team playing a lot better earlier in the season.

So looks like Victor Moses is coming to us. Would welcome here, even though as a Chelsea fan I think he would be wise to stay another season at Wigan but obviously the lure is too hard to resist. Bit off a steal considering we have virtually taken their most dangerous player off them. Less time for them to find a replacement as well :D

Bit off a steal considering we have virtually taken their most dangerous player off them. Less time for them to find a replacement as well :D

It's not as if we've stolen a player from a team who is competing around us at the top. They're a bottom 5 team so it doesnt really matter if we've taken their best player tbh.

Don't see how Moses could get anywhere near the first XI, to be honest. Mata, Hazard and Oscar are surely going to be nailed-in first team players, and even if Oscar moves further back into Lampard's role (unlikely), there'll be Marin waiting to take him place among the AMs, only then giving Moses a shot at the bench. The only possibility is if Sturridge leaves, making Moses our backup striker to Torres, and every part of that sentence is a disaster.

Incidentally I'm not as enamoured with Marin in pre-season as many are. I can see why they are though.

There have been a few causes for concern, but it's been nice to see someone running at defenders, and it's pre-season so not making any assumptions one way or another.

To be fair, considering skill level of the two players, Sturridge is nowhere near Marin. He does at times try fancy moves but is technically significantly below Marin's level. So if I had to choose, I'd bet my money on Marin actually making his selfishness pay off.

Nice. :cool:

We'll beat the hell out of Tunisia, can tell you that.

Watch Ivano Balić. Among 2-3 best players in history (got a bit older though). Basically Michael Jordan of handball and sort of a rock star in Croatia. And the first one to take basketball moves to handball.

Well apparently Zenit are bidding £38million for Hulk. Good player but I think that is a very inflated price. I am happy with Azpilcueta and Moses though (if we get them). I know there are better players than Moses but he is young, homegrown and it will be interesting to see what playing in a team with better players does for him.

I'd love us to complete our Brazilian revolution with Damiao, he's a physical presence and he seems to know how to finish in almost every situation (as shown by his 2nd goal yesterday where he managed to squeeze it into the corner). He'd be expensive but he's still young, plus he's a ******* for a rainbow flick :cool:

I would love Higuain. I think he's a great player. I doubt Real would sell him though would they? I think a player like Higuain would complete our team if we signed Moses and Azpilcueta as well.

I've always been under the impression that Real would at least be willing to listen to offers because he seems to constantly be linked with other clubs every other summer. Can't say for sure though and they'd be stupid to get rid of him anyway. You never know though.

I don't get the negativity about Moses. Sure, he's not going as exciting as Hazard or Oscar, but he's a versatile, young, home grown player. He's like Kalou, but on lower wages.

We've wasted money on worst in the past.

I agree with what you say but £8.5m seems too much for someone who will be a rotation option for the foreseeable future (I can't see him breaking into the first team unless one of the new signings doesn't do well) so I'd rather we tried someone who was more of a risk but also cheaper, maybe someone like Zaha if the homegrown aspect is important. Will come round to the Moses signing if Malouda is gone by the end of the window though, but that doesn't seem likely.

• Administrators
Nice. :cool:

We'll beat the hell out of Tunisia, can tell you that.

Watch Ivano Balić. Among 2-3 best players in history (got a bit older though). Basically Michael Jordan of handball and sort of a rock star in Croatia. And the first one to take basketball moves to handball.

Ivan Čupić bossed it :cool:

Ivan Čupić bossed it :cool:

They really kicked the hell out of our players :D

They've been fuming after the game and questioning what kind of sport is Tunisia playing. I don't blame them. They are nowhere near as good so it was the only option they had left.

We got good wingers yeah. Čupić is good (he's no

though) but Štrlek on the other side equally so, only he was crap yesterday.

• Administrators

Yeah I tweeted last night just after the red card, though they were proper thuggish and I'm not even remotely knowledgable on the sport. Seemed solely intent on fouling with aggression.

Kopljar caught my eye as well, not flashy but seemed effective anyway.

Archived