Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win's a win, nobody will be asking how we got these 3 points in May. IIRC Man City had some real problems with QPR at home as well.

We can only get better unless some more injuries happen. With Sagna and Wilshere back and hopefully at least one of Rosicky, Diaby and Szczesny we have a good chance of making this latest run of form look like just a temporary thing.

Of course another fruitless performances of Podolski and Cazorla are worrying.

Capital One Cup on Tuesday.

I'd reckon something like this will line up:

Martinez, Jenks, Koscielny, Djourou, Miquel, Coquelin, Yennaris, Gnabry, Theo, Arshavin, Chamakh.

Think frimpong will be available by then? can also see Sagna starting, gets him more game time with Wilshere starting or on the bench.

Podolski really suffer from our slow buildup. He's best in a fast counter-attacking them. This is true when he plays for Germany as well.

Our buildup play, especially in transition, is way too slow. Having Wilshere helps in this regard I think. However, it was Diaby, when he was playing well, that really helped up our tempo.

We're too slow down the middle, but our flanks were pretty toothless as well. Podolski can't do the slow buildup. Ramsey slows it down too much. The injection of people who could get us playing faster football, like Walcott, and even Arshavin really helped imo.

Some of the people in this thread are hilarious. We won a game ffs, why all the minor meltdowns? We've long had a reputation of being moaners and over-reacting to everything but bloody hell I didn't think it was this bad.

Meltdowns? What are you going on about? I can't see a single post that can be regarded as anything approaching a meltdown. Some people commenting on a less than convincing performance... Armageddon!!!

Just got back from the game. The ref was awful, one of the worst I've seen.

They were time wasting after about 20mins aswell, it was embarrassing.

Arteta was great today. Good to have Sagna back. Felt bad for Jenkinson. Shame he can't learn to use his left foot and we don't have to play Santos, who was poor again.

To be fair to Santos, in the last two games most opposition attacking was going at our left hand side, and he was facing were good quick players. Also Podolski seems to be less and less willing to help. Obviously, he is not 100% reliable but there certainly was an improvement over Norwich and Schalke.

Just got back from the game. The ref was awful, one of the worst I've seen.

They were time wasting after about 20mins aswell, it was embarrassing.

Arteta was great today. Good to have Sagna back. Felt bad for Jenkinson. Shame he can't learn to use his left foot and we don't have to play Santos, who was poor again.

The linesman was worse, fortunately for you.

Meltdowns? What are you going on about? I can't see a single post that can be regarded as anything approaching a meltdown. Some people commenting on a less than convincing performance... Armageddon!!!

Well, yeah, meltdown is certainly too strong a word but I couldn't think of anything else.

I like Santos, good footballer, lovable fella as well, but as a left-back, he's poor. He makes basic mistakes all the time. Turns his back on players that are running at him, dives into silly challenges etc. We need Gibbs if we are to have any chance against United.

Thank god for Stephane Mbia. That moronic red card saved us from the consequences of another act of Wenger sabotage.

I was absolutely disgusted to see us yet again line up in a home match against **** with four central midfielders. It’s beyond ridiculous!

When will he get it through his thick head that his ****** 4-5-1 simply doesn’t work with midfielders in the wide positions? How many more ****ing times?

Enough! I’m sick of it, kindest thing would be to put the old fool in a home.

The 4-5-1 system with Rambo on the right-flank works really well in games where we may need the extra man in the middle (Man City away, for example. He was superb), but for home games or other games we should be winning, I think we should start with more direct wingers.

I think in the last few games we've actually seen too much of the ball, making our attacks more telegraphed and easier to defend. We're at our best when moving it around with pace and precision, and getting the little genius that is Santi Cazorla on the ball in advanced areas where he can take it into his stride/turn and slip a pass into an onrushing forward.

More like the fact that you've come up mainly against bottom half sides thus far (bar Chelsea and City, and in those games you conceded)

Suppose the same applies to Chelsea then. Most teams have conceded significantly more than both of us including Man U it's just strange tbh.

Let's hope the team's confidence is better after that and hopefully we can do okay at OT

Wilshere obviously just coming back so will need a bit of time but already you could see how much his drive and quality should up our game. Front 3 poor again today, not encouraging. Giroud is a strange one, not sure whats happening with him at the moment? He seems to look all off balance and unorthodox.

But Yes we did win. :thup:

Suppose the same applies to Chelsea then. Most teams have conceded significantly more than both of us including Man U it's just strange tbh.

Let's hope the team's confidence is better after that and hopefully we can do okay at OT

Agreed, but we've not looked great at the back this season. My initial point was that, imo, Bould's impact was getting overplayed by the papers/media early on in the season.

We don't have to be the best defence in the league to have improved. We are definitely more organised at the back than we have been for a while and I'm pretty sure Bould has had an impact.

Last season we were leaking goals even against bottom half teams.

Thank god for Stephane Mbia. That moronic red card saved us from the consequences of another act of Wenger sabotage.

I was absolutely disgusted to see us yet again line up in a home match against **** with four central midfielders. It’s beyond ridiculous!

When will he get it through his thick head that his ****** 4-5-1 simply doesn’t work with midfielders in the wide positions? How many more ****ing times?

Enough! I’m sick of it, kindest thing would be to put the old fool in a home.

Meltdown anyone?

Archived