Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed, but we've not looked great at the back this season. My initial point was that, imo, Bould's impact was getting overplayed by the papers/media early on in the season.

I agree completely. We had spells of looking as solid as we did then last season. The organisation has left our game a bit. Defensively we are mixture of excellent and awful.

The praise of Bould was over the top no way he could have had that much of an impact so quickly.

Less than convincing performance? Yeah, but after losing to Norwich and Schalke in such awful fashion this week you don't go out and smash 6 past QPR. Keep calm and carry on.

My thoughts exactly. Someone above us even said 'not impressed with that win'. What? You aren't impressed with a win? As Arseblog tweeted, sometimes there's no winning even when you win.

almost throwing away 3 points at home to a side in the relegation zone with 10 men and no wins this year is nothing to be positive about. i just don't see how you can be all happy about that result.

Nobody's praising the performance, it pretty much epitomised average and nobody has said otherwise. But why the hell wouldn't you happy with the result? We won. I'm beginning to think deluded "supporters" saying things like this are far bigger a threat to Arsenal than a couple of miserable defeats.

almost throwing away 3 points at home to a side in the relegation zone with 10 men and no wins this year is nothing to be positive about. i just don't see how you can be all happy about that result.

Yes, we played poor for most of the game but we don't win enough games when we play poor. You can't expect the team to play brilliantly in every game ffs. But you can hope that they can grind out wins when they do play poorly.

It's always good to win. I'm glad we got a win yesterday because going into the Man Utd match with no goals in three games would have been very worrying.

The concern though is that the win wasn't a result of an improvement in performance, we just managed to get an offside goal and then cling on to the lead against ten men. It isn't hugely encouraging but at least it's a win and maybe it'll act as a small springboard.

QPR are very fragile defensively :D

I don't really expect anything out of the United game, would be chuffed with a point especially after the 8-2 last year.

I wasn't being serious. I would happily take a point. I am more confident than I was last season about this fixture :D

I still remember where I was last season, stuck in work, checked my phone at half time and see we are only 3-1 down and thought we had a chance to come back, then after work my phone updates and I think its a bbc error :[

Had we won that Cup we wouldn't have been able to make fun of Liverpool fans about how significant it is anyway.

It was annoying the way we lost but it's not a competition I care for in the slightest, I do look forward to seeing the youngsters though.

Gnabry :cool:

Quite looking forward to seeing our youngsters play tonight, according to the official website -

"In the next week, Arsenal have massive - and by that I mean season-shaping - games at Manchester United and Schalke but the Frenchman will field pretty much everyone who did not start against QPR at the weekend (plus Olivier Giroud who did). Messers Walcott, Arshavin, Koscielny, Djourou, Coquelin, Frimpong and Jenkinson are expected to begin the game. But for injury, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain would have done too. As for the youngsters, Masters Gnabry, Eisfield, Miquel, Yennaris and Bellerin will be involved."

Martinez, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Djourou, Miquel, Coquelin, Frimpong, Walcott, Arshavin, Gnabry, Chamakh.

Federici; Gunter, Shorey, Gorkss ©, Morrison; Leigertwood, Tabb, McCleary, Robson-Kanu; Hunt, Roberts

Teams apparently, haven't seen the subs. Under-estimating Reading imo we're playing a Premier League side not a L1/L2 team, on our current form we'd be lucky to beat them comfortably with our first choice XI, let alone the second string including Chamakh as the main attacking threat.

Subs - Substitutes: Shea, Meade, Squillaci, Bellerin, Yennaris, Eisfeld, Giroud. Hopefully Eisfeld gets at least half an hour.

Archived