Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the likes of Ramsey, Podolski, and Gervinho are suited for the slow buildup at all. We can't change our players right now, so we need to change our approach. It's in our interest to make the game open, because right now, we're the only one open, and we can't break down a closed opponent.

We need to up the tempo, and be more direct. Slow buildup doesn't look like it'll work with less technical, if not occasionally clumsy players that we have.

I am not going to be getting upset if Wenger leaves at the end of this or next season tbh. However I have been like that for the last few years

Utter crap. I've been calling him out for 2 years now and you have always defended him.

I don't think the likes of Ramsey, Podolski, and Gervinho are suited for the slow buildup at all. We can't change our players right now, so we need to change our approach. It's in our interest to make the game open, because right now, we're the only one open, and we can't break down a closed opponent.

We need to up the tempo, and be more direct. Slow buildup doesn't look like it'll work with less technical, if not occasionally clumsy players that we have.

I think we try to play with pace as that is what we do when we play well. However there is literally no cohesion in the team. Santos cuts in which means we have no width on the left which Gibbs provides so Podolski and Santos run into each other which in turn hinders Cazorla.

A few things. Coquelin is a much much better player than Aaron Ramsey. Aaron Ramsey is not and never will be good enough for Arsenal. Gervinho is a disgrace to Arsenal football club. That dive :D I actually despise him as a footballer.

The last point is that Santos is so unfit that he shouldn't be paid money by us. Joke of a professional.

Wenger = dead man walking.

He needs to go. Now.

Would rather Bould took over til the summer than let this spineless, lying, greedy, manipulative, embarrassing surrender monkey ruin it further.

you get more pathetic with every post. "embarrassing surrender monkey" - really, making stupid anti-french remarks is your response to a defeat.

Replacing Wenger now with Bould really wont help the cause at all.

you get more pathetic with every post. "embarrassing surrender monkey" - really, making stupid anti-french remarks is your response to a defeat.

Replacing Wenger now with Bould really wont help the cause at all.

Lend me your crystal ball...

I'm half French so get over it.

He's done. Wenger cannot hide behind anymore excuses. The list of lies and embarrassments is simply too long.

I've asked this before but everyone tried to find excuses as usual, so I'll ask again: how much longer of no silverware, crap football, money-making, probable non-qualification for CL this season or next, and utter failure will you lot accept before you understand that Wenger is finished at Arsenal???

I don’t share your hate for Gervinho, I think he has done reasonable having been forced into a position for which he is completely unsuited. Wenger is the only man to blame.

[but the dive was bad]

Nah, even when he ran down the left hand side he was wasteful. Just not good enough at all. Bit like Ramsey. Just not and never will be Arsenal standard.

Nah, even when he ran down the left hand side he was wasteful. Just not good enough at all. Bit like Ramsey. Just not and never will be Arsenal standard.

That's the problem though, these days he IS Arsenal standard. Apart from a couple of names, we are full of crap players. You can thank Le Prof for that. He has turned us into the new Aston Villa.

Gives away the ball a lot but creates goals and has been scoring. He is the only forward that takes people on and takes risks. I’m not a massive fan but to single him out for criticism is frankly bizarre.

I’d rather have a go at the other 10 players doing nothing or their so called manager.

Lend me your crystal ball...

I'm half French so get over it.

He's done. Wenger cannot hide behind anymore excuses. The list of lies and embarrassments is simply too long.

I've asked this before but everyone tried to find excuses as usual, so I'll ask again: how much longer of no silverware, crap football, money-making, probable non-qualification for CL this season or next, and utter failure will you lot accept before you understand that Wenger is finished at Arsenal???

A lot longer than this to be honest. As for crap football this is nothing compared with the dross of the mid nineties so i could easily watch us play like we have been this season (in general, not tonight specifically of course), the money making lets see where financial fair play goes before we decide wether being shrewd with the cash in the last few years was worth it, non qualification would be a failure yes but we havnt failed to qualify yeta dn we are only 8 games into the league season.

A lot longer than this to be honest. As for crap football this is nothing compared with the dross of the mid nineties so i could easily watch us play like we have been this season (in general, not tonight specifically of course), the money making lets see where financial fair play goes before we decide wether being shrewd with the cash in the last few years was worth it, non qualification would be a failure yes but we havnt failed to qualify yeta dn we are only 8 games into the league season.

Only one word I can use for this post : deluded.

Wonder if they flew from Luton to Stanstead for the game too!

Anyone going into that AGM tomorrow had better stand up for the fans of the club and demand answers and action to avoid another season like the last 5. It cannot go on. If Wenger insists on pushing on with the same project for next season then someone needs to put him down. He has already destroyed his own reputation, I can't watch whilst he destroys the club too.

Arsenal did not have a single shot between the 27th and 93rd minutes.

Amazing.

Our team has had the least amount of shots on target of all the teams in the champions league at present.

dont think we can use martinez till next season i think? which is why we had shea on the bench.

Which part is deluded?

The FFP.

Was it FFP that sold Vieira, Fabregas, Henry, Nasri, Cole, Diarra, RvP and all the rest dating back 6 years?

Was it FFP that forced Wenger to panic buy a useless Korean forward who then got written off for tax reasons?

Was it FFP that humiliated us 8-2 at Old Trafford last year?

Was it FFP that convinced Wenger to tell us that finishing 4th is like winning a trophy?

Was it FFP that played Bendtner wide left for a spell hoping it would work?

Was it FFP that meant we couldn't beat a later relegated Birmingham in the League Cup final??

Was it FFP that meant we couldn't manage one single shot at goal against Barca at the Nou Camp?

Was it FFP that promised us fans that AFc would compete with the biggest names in world football when we built the stadium?

Was it FFP that pays Wenger over £6m per year, more than any other manager in this country?

Was it FFP that forced Wenger to offer Djourou a new contract recently?

Was it FFP that convinced Wenger we shouldn't sign a quality midfielder like Dembele and stick with Diaby?

That's just a taster.

Stop hiding behind FFP, that's what Wenger does. This crap has been getting worse many, many years before FFP was even dreamt up. By the time it has any effect (even if it gets that far) we will be out of the CL for good and praying for Liverpool fans to comfort us.

Still in a good position to qualify, Chelsea lost last night, Real Madrid lost today, it does happen BUT...

Yeah poor performance again. The most discouraging thing is our lack of ideas going forward, same as Norwich. Its hard to see on TV but when the midfield receive the ball there is nothing available. No movement, No space and no quality on the ball to create.

Still in a good position to qualify, Chelsea lost last night, Real Madrid lost today, it does happen BUT...

Yeah poor performance again. The most discouraging thing is our lack of ideas going forward, same as Norwich. Its hard to see on TV but when the midfield receive the ball there is nothing available. No movement, No space and no quality on the ball to create.

That's because besides Cazorla, we don't have any good attacking midfielders at the club at all, unless Jack gets match fit and finds form.

This is what Bould just said in the presser....

Bould: 'At West Ham I thought we looked really sharp. Since the internationals we have looked jaded. We have to pick it up again'

If we are jaded by mid October then we really are fecked.

That's because besides Cazorla, we don't have any good attacking midfielders at the club at all, unless Jack gets match fit and finds form.

I think Coquelin has to start holding next match with Arteta and Cazorla. Ramsay dropped definitely. There was a moment when Gnarby actually received the ball, turned sharp, passed forward and looked for the one-two. Its that sort of thing thats been missing and sometimes its as simple as, without that initiative, you don't create anything. BTW, I'm not jumping on the 'Gnarby is suddenly the answer and should be starting bandwagon.

We lack leaders, apart from TV and he isn't the most vocal of captains

TV5 is the worst captain Arsenal have had for years. Compare him to Adams and you can't stop yourself cringing. Even Gallas had something about him and I was one of the few that supported his hissy fit at the end of the Stoke game when Ramsey got snapped in half.

We always needed the tempo to be high especially at home, we just couldn't do it in the last two games. But I agree slow build up is not working with this team at all.

I don't agree with criticism of Gervinho. That's who he is, that's what he is supposed to do and he has been doing it well recently. His role is to find space, run at defenders, try to go past them (doesn't matter if with luck or skill) and shoot or pass. He's made some very good runs and dribbles in both previous games which resulted in some good cut back passes or crosses but there was nobody to finish them. It is really not his fault.

I agree that he is not a player we should be building our offensive play around, as it is more a gamble than a plan. You can never know if he goes past 3 players and makes a decent cross or just breaks a promising counter attack by running into an opponent. The real problem, however, is that recently these are our only really threatening moves, apart maybe from some work Podolski has done in the first half today.

I am surprised noone really mentions how little do we gain from Cazorla's exceptional skills in this tactical system, how pointless it is to play Coquelin or Ramsey just next to Arteta or how poor Ramsey has been generally. We have two players who are amazing at keeping and passing the ball, possibly only matched by the likes of Xavi and Iniesta and you really can't see it while watching us play. My guess it is not Cazorla's and Arteta's fault, but more of a tactical issue.

The FFP.

Was it FFP that sold Vieira, Fabregas, Henry, Nasri, Cole, Diarra, RvP and all the rest dating back 6 years?

Was it FFP that forced Wenger to panic buy a useless Korean forward who then got written off for tax reasons?

Was it FFP that humiliated us 8-2 at Old Trafford last year?

Was it FFP that convinced Wenger to tell us that finishing 4th is like winning a trophy?

Was it FFP that played Bendtner wide left for a spell hoping it would work?

Was it FFP that meant we couldn't beat a later relegated Birmingham in the League Cup final??

Was it FFP that meant we couldn't manage one single shot at goal against Barca at the Nou Camp?

Was it FFP that promised us fans that AFc would compete with the biggest names in world football when we built the stadium?

Was it FFP that pays Wenger over £6m per year, more than any other manager in this country?

Was it FFP that forced Wenger to offer Djourou a new contract recently?

Was it FFP that convinced Wenger we shouldn't sign a quality midfielder like Dembele and stick with Diaby?

That's just a taster.

Stop hiding behind FFP, that's what Wenger does. This crap has been getting worse many, many years before FFP was even dreamt up. By the time it has any effect (even if it gets that far) we will be out of the CL for good and praying for Liverpool fans to comfort us.

I was talking about FFP and the spending. How can you mention that in relation to the league cup final? I just said that perhaps the shrewd spending in the last few years might not be such a bad thing in the long run.

CBA to argue all those points but the one about the Stadium i will. Wehn the stadium project was started not even Chelseas money existed. Nobody would have predicted the ridiculous money thrown at City and Chelsea. We got caught out because the situation in the premier league evolved very quickly. There is no way of competing financially unless we have our own oil tycoon.

I don't agree with criticism of Gervinho. That's who he is, that's what he is supposed to do and he has been doing it well recently. His role is to find space, run at defenders, try to go past them (doesn't matter if with luck or skill) and shoot or pass. He's made some very good runs and dribbles in both previous games which resulted in some good cut back passes or crosses but there was nobody to finish them. It is really not his fault.

Well, today he got in those positions down the wings and either passed it straight to a Schalke player or he dived. He does the former all the time, hence the criticism. He needs to leave the club.

And all I ever do is moan about Ramsey. Think it's being widely accepted that he's complete **** now?

I was talking about FFP and the spending. How can you mention that in relation to the league cup final? I just said that perhaps the shrewd spending in the last few years might not be such a bad thing in the long run.

CBA to argue all those points but the one about the Stadium i will. Wehn the stadium project was started not even Chelseas money existed. Nobody would have predicted the ridiculous money thrown at City and Chelsea. We got caught out because the situation in the premier league evolved very quickly. There is no way of competing financially unless we have our own oil tycoon.

2 things: first, no one insists we compete financially with City, we just want to spend more than £15m on one player. Even Spurs make us look like a joke. Secondly, we have a man in Usmanov who is richer than Roman who wants to spend money on players but the board won't allow it because they're getting richer by what's happening now.

Well, today he got in those positions down the wings and either passed it straight to a Schalke player or he dived. He does the former all the time, hence the criticism. He needs to leave the club.

And all I ever do is moan about Ramsey. Think it's being widely accepted that he's complete **** now?

Ramsey obviously isnt the player he was before the injury, I think its all about confidence with him and with it being so low at the moment why on earth do we play him out of position. I've been a fan of his and still think he can be a solid top half Prem player im starting to think it just wont be with us. Which is a shame really.

2 things: first, no one insists we compete financially with City, we just want to spend more than £15m on one player. Even Spurs make us look like a joke. Secondly, we have a man in Usmanov who is richer than Roman who wants to spend money on players but the board won't allow it because they're getting richer by what's happening now.

So if we dont compete with City and Chelsea financially how are we supposed to sign all these players you want us to sign in order to win major trophies?

Again with Usmanov - if the board are building a self reliant future, that cant happen with a sugar daddy. If the FFP works then we could be in a stronger position, if it doesnt then we will fall further behind. What we do then, who knows but it will have a massive impac ton the future of the club

So if we dont compete with City and Chelsea financially how are we supposed to sign all these players you want us to sign in order to win major trophies?

You're telling me we couldn't have had players like Mata, Huntelaar, Llorente, Vertonghen, Cahill recently? When are you going to learn that Wenger will not spend £20m on a Llorente when he can have Giroud for half that. Ask yourself, how's that working out so far??

Ramsey obviously isnt the player he was before the injury, I think its all about confidence with him and with it being so low at the moment why on earth do we play him out of position. I've been a fan of his and still think he can be a solid top half Prem player im starting to think it just wont be with us. Which is a shame really.

Well, we played him last season in his preferred position and I can count on one hand the amount of good games he had? Also, our best period in form came when he was out of the team. Our best period of form this season came without Ramsey, we're currently in our worst part and Ramsey has started every game.

I don't care how good he was pre injury, look at Eduardo. Look what he become. Ramsey is the same.

Again with Usmanov - if the board are building a self reliant future, that cant happen with a sugar daddy. If the FFP works then we could be in a stronger position, if it doesnt then we will fall further behind. What we do then, who knows but it will have a massive impac ton the future of the club

FFP won't work because if it did, Chelsea and City wouldn't still be spending millions they don't have on new players. Not to mention that City's sponsorship deal worth £200m conveniently skirts around the regulations.

FFP doing Arsenal a favour is a complete myth.

Well I think everyone agrees the dive was awful. And I hope most will agree that Ramsey is just not good enough.

I don't think he was passing it to Schalke player every time. Firstly, he is in a situation that he went past 2-3 people so it is admirable he can still really direct a pass. In first half, he made one cut back pass from inside the area to an empty space around 11 meters from goal that nobody picked up (well, eventually it was picked up by a defender) - it is not his fault none of our midfielders bothered to get into this position. He has every right to expect someone to get there. And I may be eaten alive for saying this, but the likes of Arshavin, Fabregas or [forgot his name, fella that used to play for us in attack last season] would have probably been there.

Then he made a run down the left, made a cross but the only player in the area was Ramsey, who decided to try to got to the near post which was a good decision generally, the problem was noone else bother to show up in the area.

As I said, as an emergency option or just a way to make the attack less predictable, Gervinho is perfect, so it is worth having him at the club. But others have to follow. Also, there needs to be a plan "A" ahead of this.

Well, we played him last season in his preferred position and I can count on one hand the amount of good games he had? Also, our best period in form came when he was out of the team. Our best period of form this season came without Ramsey, we're currently in our worst part and Ramsey has started every game.

I don't care how good he was pre injury, look at Eduardo. Look what he become. Ramsey is the same.

Having mannone and santos in the team doesnt help to be honest, plus Coquelin and and jenkis are still learning, so hes having to play in a weak team

I agree, what im saying is that if we are going to play him at least play him in the middle where he will be less useless

Ramsay's still young and I believe could make it. But he should be dropped for a while, no question. He isn't offering anything at the moment in an important position. Drop him, give him a good talking too and slowly work him back in, that's what he needs.

Archived