Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frimpong just tweeted this, maybe going back to Wolves?

Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC

Might be coming back....Ill keep you lot posted only one place I could come back to

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back there on loan or even sign for them proper in January, unless Coquelin gets crocked he's not really going to get much of a look in at all imo.

One of the Arsenal tweeters who seems to always get the lineup correct the night before says there may be a surprise inclusion in the squad. Combine that with Frimpongs tweet and it seems obvious who it is.

Ramsey replaced as Wales captain!
Just seen this, I find it weird as he's much more confident and in better form right now than when he was appointed skipper in the first place and since. He's been captain for 18 months, and that's experience. Then again, I thought it was a strange choice in the first place, considering it was one of his first few games back... I don't know what he was like as a skipper anyway, he doesn't seem overly vocal for us and I guess Ashley Williams having club captain experience played a big part. Although his individual mistakes have cost Swansea goals on at least three occasions so he can't be that confident.

Walcott does what he does best. Not beating defenders. Not passing. Not crossing. Just using his pace to get in behind the defense, and a good finish!

Good pass from Giroud as well.

On another note, rules against celebration is stupid. Neither Walcott not Diame deserve to be booked for celebrating their goals. Regulating unharmful passion is a ridiculous notion.

Happy with that. Regardless of maybe a few nervous moments at the back, Carrol causes most defences problems in that respect, but we dealt with it and took our chances. Great for Giroud, although he probably should of had 2 more. That Cazorla is a pretty good player isn't he?

Giroud has had a good game here I think. Set-up two goals, and scored one. Hope it does his confidence some good :thup:

He's always looked bright, imo. Making good runs, and linking play well. It just hasn't come off for him. Hopefully, this will be the spark he needs.

Wenger did something extraordinary today. For the first time in years he actually reacted to what was happening on the pitch!

Nothing ground breaking but he brought on an extra defender and switched to 5 at the back to close out the game.

First tactical substitution, other than the usual throw on more forwards when it is too late for ages.

Wenger did something extraordinary today. For the first time in years he actually reacted to what was happening on the pitch!

Nothing ground breaking but he brought on an extra defender and switched to 5 at the back to close out the game.

First tactical substitution, other than the usual throw on more forwards when it is too late for ages.

And I thought he just replaced AML with a DC, told the player who was playing so far as the DL to move to the AML position, moved one of the DCs to the DL position and told the newly brought DC to just play as DC (replace the DC who went to the left side of the defence). Santos from left back to left wing, TV from centre back to left back and Kos to centre back.

Archived