Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't recall them playing like a bunch of hopeless *******.

No they're only cut £450k per week off the wage budget and left us with 2 recognised strikers until January. The only thing theyve done well is increase revenues. Why not reinvest it?

It's basic football coaching, or knowledge, to know that when you're not playing well, and nothing is coming off, then you put your foot on the ball and start doing the simple things well. So why, for the love of ****ing god, was Suarez trying to dink the ****ing keeper when he should have just put his ****ing boot through it.

Suarez is a **** footballer with no brain whatsoever. He is a one dimensional, headless ****ing chicken and quite possibly one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen.

average? he's been fantastic, gone on some great runs and won back balls he had no right to do so

His runs have largely been down a blind alley ending with Jenkinson blocking or tackling. He did well when he hit the post and the burst into the box and yes he made a good tackle.

That does not add up to a fantastic performance, he is a young kid and his performance was okay but Arsenal for the most part coped with him comfortably.

In the context of him being 17 and the future promise then yes it was a positive performance but in terms of what the team need right this second he is not quite there and to be honest at his age has no right to be.

Sending Carroll off on loan made sense then.

there are two seperate issues here:

- one we are short of options upfront

- carroll clearly not thought of highly by the manager in being able to play his system

if the manager believes the 2nd part, then we would effectively have the same position as the 1st part. after all why will he use an option he doesn't rate?

So let me make all of everyone's comments for the rest of the next two pages:

Reina is ****

FSG are crap

Transfer dealine day fail

Rodgers partly to blame

Pretty sure I've nailed all the idiotic comments there, so can we discuss something else?

No you need to add one:

People making lists of topics that people want to discuss whilst refusing to see what is under their noses

there are two seperate issues here:

- one we are short of options upfront

- carroll clearly not thought of highly by the manager in being able to play his system

if the manager believes the 2nd part, then we would effectively have the same position as the 1st part. after all why will he use an option he doesn't rate?

Well it's on his head then. Regardless.

So let me make all your comments for the rest of the next two pages:

Reina is ****

FSG are crap

Rodgers partly to blame

Pretty sure I've nailed all the idiotic comments there, so can we discuss something else?

I'm still very positive regarding Rodgers honestly. I think it will all come good but it's going to take at least 2/3 seasons to get the right players in and move on people who don't want to be at the club.

As good as Allen was today, he's not the same type of player as Lucas and we need a Lucas type player playing in the middle. The fans need to stick together, yes it sucks right now but nothing is going to change overnight. My concern apart from the lack of goals is Gerrard and how he fits into the Rodgers system. For me he doesn't seem to work in the middle, he's way better further up the pitch, it's just a question if he has the legs for it.

im with kopite here, theyve done very well running it as a business but thats cost us massively on the actual pitch. are we now gonna work under the assumption that FSG would rather keep the wage bill like it is now or maybe 1 player in on £40k a week and thats yer lot?!

records sponsorship deals, massive increases in revenue and £25m+ slashed off the wage bill and rodgers gets a ****** transfer budget and had to look for loan signings and even letting carroll go because of his wages and we couldnt even find £2m to buy dempsey when it was obvious we were in desperate need of him.

like i said yesterday, FSG can just **** off unless they start putting their hands in their pockets. this season could easily see us finish bottom half and its all because FSG wanted to save money.

tbf i am sure they didn't force br to buy borini

He's one of the two strikers. Im just saying I came on here at the start of summer and said I didnt like the look of them, pretty much nobody agreed and were happy to laugh off the questions being asked by the SOS. Now the transfer deadline has passed and once again their decision making is awful. They got rid of Kenny, I disagreed with doing that but fair enough they wanted their own man. They now have "the only person" the offered the job to. So why have they decided to give him such a small squad? Why not trust the only man you wanted to have the job and back him? They haven't got a clue what they're doing. Only way to capitalise on the better commercial sponsorships and increase in corporates at Anfield is to get back in the top 4. The only way to do that is to spend big and spend well.

We have decreased our wage bill, we let got a striker and didn't replace him and are now relying on young lads to get us out of the mess. How many teams have broken the top four by decreasing their wage bill by £24m pa? It doesn't happen. They are expecting Rodgers to be a miracle worker here and it wont happen. If only more people had actually looked at their actions earlier and not just blamed Dalglish.

What a shower of *****.

Utter joke, one of the worst performances I can ever remember at Anfield. At least under Kenny we actually played with some passion and tempo. Totally unacceptable.

Ok, so it's time to write off Borini, abysmal player. Reina can just **** off, we should have been the ones signing Lloris, he was one of the two keepers I wanted, can't believe 3 successive managers cannot see how **** Reina is these days. At least Allen looks great, and Shelvey and Sterling are both good prospects.

And as for Rodgers and his mooted style of play and tactical ability. Ha. What a joke. He's got til January since there's absolutely no point in even considering his position before. Whether it's him or the owners or Ayre or whoever else has screwed up, I don't know. I can't see him achieving anything though. Rafa was always the man and that shadow is going to loom larger if these kinds of performances continue over the next few months.

So depressing, it's as dark right now as under Hodgson, like I always knew deep down it was going to be.

im with kopite here, theyve done very well running it as a business but thats cost us massively on the actual pitch. are we now gonna work under the assumption that FSG would rather keep the wage bill like it is now or maybe 1 player in on £40k a week and thats yer lot?!

records sponsorship deals, massive increases in revenue and £25m+ slashed off the wage bill and rodgers gets a ****** transfer budget and had to look for loan signings and even letting carroll go because of his wages and we couldnt even find £2m to buy dempsey when it was obvious we were in desperate need of him.

like i said yesterday, FSG can just **** off unless they start putting their hands in their pockets. this season could easily see us finish bottom half and its all because FSG wanted to save money.

The club needs to be run properly, you cannot simply carry on spending money that we dont have and getting rubbish results. There has to be a fricking plan, we wasted a ton of money last season and now we are paying for it. Daglish as much as I hate to say it bought complete crap and it's his fault that Rodgers has to now cut the wages and trim the squad. Suck it up and start getting real, we don't have anywhere near the money of someone like Man City/Chelsea/Man United. We need to build everything up again, it's NOT going to happen overnight especially with limited funds. Blaming FSG for Daglishes shocking spending is insane.

What a shower of *****.

Utter joke, one of the worst performances I can ever remember at Anfield. At least under Kenny we actually played with some passion and tempo. Totally unacceptable.

Total crap. Under Daglish we were clueless, nobody knew what the plan was, we just used to stroll out there and try and play football regardless of the opposition/tactics.

yeah lets write off the 21yr old after 3 league games where he's not played in his normal position.

the odd thing is is that BR used him as an out and out striker when he was banging them in for Swansea. really dont get why he's been pushed out wide where he offers nothing

Total crap. Under Daglish we were clueless, nobody knew what the plan was, we just used to stroll out there and try and play football regardless of the opposition/tactics.

Right. Just compare the performances vs Arsenal at home last season (which we also lost) to this one. Night and day. We hammered them and were unlucky to lose.

The club needs to be run properly, you cannot simply carry on spending money that we dont have and getting rubbish results. There has to be a fricking plan, we wasted a ton of money last season and now we are paying for it. Daglish as much as I hate to say it bought complete crap and it's his fault that Rodgers has to now cut the wages and trim the squad. Suck it up and start getting real, we don't have anywhere near the money of someone like Man City/Chelsea/Man United. We need to build everything up again, it's NOT going to happen overnight especially with limited funds. Blaming FSG for Daglishes shocking spending is insane.

Hang on Dalglish may have picked those players but you can't assert any of th blame for their cost or wages on him. That was comolli/ Ayre. Both working directly for FSG. They over paid not Dalglish. Look at our net spend. It is virtually nothing compared to all these great sponsorhip deals they're telling us about. Werner said "we have the finances to compete with anyone in football" now either he is lying or thinks we're all thick because we clearly don't or theyre refusing to spend.

oh i understand that but theyve gone way too far the other way. and like i say net spend wasnt that massive we just did buy ***** with the money we were given. im not blinded by the fact a lot has to be put at daglish's shoes. but theyve gone too far. kuyt and maxi were on big wages and had nothing to do with kenny yet they werent replaced either.

So let me make all of everyone's comments for the rest of the next two pages:

Reina is ****

FSG are crap

Rodgers partly to blame

You missed one;

Brukner would have miraculously solved all these problems.

Sterling and allen were superb Shelvey done well when coming on the rest were dire. Enrique awful Suarez touch poor Gerrard woeful. Arsenal second goal did it go through reina? I wrote off first five games of season.

Right. Just compare the performances vs Arsenal at home last season (which we also lost) to this one. Night and day. We hammered them and were unlucky to lose.

Ohh please get a grip, Daglish spent money like a drunken sailor and what do we have to show for it: Carroll, Henderson, Adams, Downing. How many of those signings are you happy with now? The odd good performance does not make up for the tactical ineptitude and lack of any real plan.

Sterling and allen were superb Shelvey done well when coming on the rest were dire. Enrique awful Suarez touch poor Gerrard woeful. Arsenal second goal did it go through reina? I wrote off first five games of season.

pretty poor state of affairs if you are willing to write off a home game against arsenal

i find it hard to believe that Dalglish didn't have some say in ok-ing the £35m for Carroll

I highly doubt he had anything to do with it. Football managers don't get involved in that. Listen to redknapp hanging out of his car window any transfer window always says Levy sorts it and he picked the players.

I highly doubt he had anything to do with it. Football managers don't get involved in that. Listen to redknapp hanging out of his car window any transfer window always says Levy sorts it and he picked the players.

It varies from club to club. Rodgers refuses to have anything less than full control over transfers.

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Southampton = Bolton
Reading = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Last season	This season 	Pts	Goals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	-5
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	-5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0             
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1             
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3             
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0             
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          D 1-1             
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2             
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1             
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2             
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2             
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1             
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0             
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      W 3-1             
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3             
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1             
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1             
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0             
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2             
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1             
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1             
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1             
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2             
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0             
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1             
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0             
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0             
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0             
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      L 3-1             
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2             
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1             
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          W 2-3             
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1             
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2             
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0             
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0             
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0             

Ohh please get a grip, Daglish spent money like a drunken sailor and what do we have to show for it: Carroll, Henderson, Adams, Downing. How many of those signings are you happy with now? The odd good performance does not make up for the tactical ineptitude and lack of any real plan.

Yeah Dalglish's (or Commolli's, whatever) signings were crap, I didn't want any of Henderson, Downing or Carroll, and he had to go, no-one's arguing with that. I'm not talking about signings, I'm talking about the style of play.

pretty poor state of affairs if you are willing to write off a home game against arsenal

Have to accept wears miles from 4th and we should aim top 6.Arsenal,man city, man united and sunderland aways tough games. Do well to get 7 out of 12 points from them.

Out: Konchesky, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Insua, Poulsen, N'Gog, Meireles.

In: Henderson, Downing, Adam, Coates, Enrique

Pretty massive spending.

pretty sure it was worked out as £23m net spend under daglish. with tv revenue and match day ticket sales its nothing really.

edit: ok i may be wrong i just checked and apparently it was £38m but we also trimmed £30m off the wage bill in that time and £25m trimmed this summer. how are we supposed to compete given those figures?!

How can you say that, surely at some point Daglish must have asked how much money do we have and then how much is Carroll going to cost us. That conversation MUST have happened. I can understand the chairman sorting out the actual details but who in the right mind would have said yes when told Carroll was going to cost over 30 million! Even if you REALLY rated him, he is/was a fifteen million pound player max. If I was FSG I would have been ****ing livid, i'd be asking why we are spending that type of money on a player who isn't even established. It's madness, then when you look at the cost of Downing/Henderson it's crazy.

I always got the impression that football management passed Daglish by and he was still living in the eighties when it came to players and tactics.

Archived