Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had an injury but couldn't get back into the Sunderland side. When he put him back him for Mignolet he proceeded to be not all that good and promptly reinstalled Mignolet IIRC

Money well spent for Roy Keane (?) there, 9m? Surprised maybe a Championship side isn't in for him but depends on his wages, you'd think he'd be realistic in his situation

He's had some very annoying lapses which shouldn't be happening to a keeper of his level, but unfortunately it does happen. I'm undecided on Reina but I don't think he can afford many more mistakes like the one on Thursday. He is the best we could possibly get at the moment though, would be virtually irreplaceable in the squad.

Pepe haters can gtf :mad:

Supposed team today from numerous Twitterati members:

Reina: Johnson, Enrique, Skrtel, Agger: Allen, Gerrard, Sahin: Borini, Sterling, Suarez.

If so, I am happy with that. Hope Assaidi is on the bench too.

Hodgson ruined him.

He was a little below par in Rafa's last season.

He was told to play an entirely different way under Hodgson and it didn't work, but he recovered a bit when Dalglish took charge, for the rest of that campaign.

Last season he was poor for long periods, seemed to be nutmegged almost every week for goals and barely made a save that was anything other than totally regulation.

This season he's started just as badly, maybe even worse. Two cockups in consecutive games.

He seriously needs to get his act together.

I am in the Pepe is world class but currently coasting camp

The constant coasting though is endangering his world class status

Players get stale at clubs, expect to hear the " need a new challenge " quote before the end of the season.

Would be a kick in the teeth to see him go elsewhere and rediscover his form but as it stands, he is a liability.

Cant be nice playing as well as he did a few years ago, only to see Casillas keep the No.1 shirt, no matter how badly he played.

Confirmed LFC team: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

subs: Jones, Carragher, Shelvey, Downing, Henderson, Kelly, Coates.

Biggest problem I can see is there is nothing to change the game from the bench if we need a goal.

Archived