FMTN Grid Tactic

Well my season is almost at an end only cup final and CL final remain.

What can I say man congratulations you have broken the game.

gridendseasontable.jpg

gridendseasonscorer.jpg

Well and I didn't even use your tactic for the entire season. The first 10 games or so were all played with my old tactic oh yeah and Bader was injured for a bit more then a month so he probably has only played around 26 matches in the league, so he could probably have scored even more.

Bayern btw was the only team I couldn't totally play out of the park, they were the closest games in terms of result with 3-2 and 2-1 win even though I had far more chances then they had in both matches.

I mean I even won my semi-final against Barca with 4-1 and 5-0 only Bayern seem to get always lucky against me and keep the end result pretty tight.

Could you please give me your match prep?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, i'm testing this tactic with my Juventus save. Must say it wors good even if i loose some games. Just wanna ask a thing: is it normal that 90% of my team goals are scored by the central forward? i eman, the other 2 strikers are not scoring a lot nor midfielders. Sorry for my english, long time since i wrote something in this language

Hello, i'm testing this tactic with my Juventus save. Must say it wors good even if i loose some games. Just wanna ask a thing: is it normal that 90% of my team goals are scored by the central forward? i eman, the other 2 strikers are not scoring a lot nor midfielders. Sorry for my english, long time since i wrote something in this language

Yes mate that is normal :)

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice for my team. I am really enjoying the tactic so far, however I am shipping goals like it is going out of fashion! My last two home games have been a 3-4 loss against Spurs and a 4-5 loss against Athletic Bilbao (I'm playing kenco's world league). Now it's only my first season and both those teams are slightly better than mine so losing is understandable even with a great tactic, however conceding 9 goals in two home games has me a bit worried.

Stingy Chairman Lerner only gave me a transfer budget of about 10 million so I had to prioritise and bolstered mainly attack and midfield. My defence is more or less the default with Given, Dunne, Clark, Hutton, Warnock. I also brought in a few cheap fellas for rotation who are both solid players, Manga who is very similar to Clark and Espen Ruud who is a good all round fullback. Is my problem simply that this tactic requires a very strong defence and mine is simply average?

One other thing I have noticed is that I constantly concede goals within 5 minutes of me scoring. It happens all the time, to the point where when I score I am in expectation that the other side are going to equalise straight away, is this just something that is common in fm12, or maybe there is some mental issue with my players?

This is the first FM game I have had since 08 so I am a bit of a novice I'm afraid. Any help would be appreciated even if it is just advice on a good, fast defender I can buy for less than 5 or so million. Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice for my team. I am really enjoying the tactic so far, however I am shipping goals like it is going out of fashion! My last two home games have been a 3-4 loss against Spurs and a 4-5 loss against Athletic Bilbao (I'm playing kenco's world league). Now it's only my first season and both those teams are slightly better than mine so losing is understandable even with a great tactic, however conceding 9 goals in two home games has me a bit worried.

Stingy Chairman Lerner only gave me a transfer budget of about 10 million so I had to prioritise and bolstered mainly attack and midfield. My defence is more or less the default with Given, Dunne, Clark, Hutton, Warnock. I also brought in a few cheap fellas for rotation who are both solid players, Manga who is very similar to Clark and Espen Ruud who is a good all round fullback. Is my problem simply that this tactic requires a very strong defence and mine is simply average?

One other thing I have noticed is that I constantly concede goals within 5 minutes of me scoring. It happens all the time, to the point where when I score I am in expectation that the other side are going to equalise straight away, is this just something that is common in fm12, or maybe there is some mental issue with my players?

This is the first FM game I have had since 08 so I am a bit of a novice I'm afraid. Any help would be appreciated even if it is just advice on a good, fast defender I can buy for less than 5 or so million. Thanks.

Only thing I coulsd suggest is putting Match prep on Defensive, Untill you can buy players with pace as you need pace at the back with tactics on fm

Thanks but still not having any luck. my 3 main centre backs all have at least 14 pace (Kara in particular is a really good centre back). A solid defensive midfielder in front of them, decent fullbacks, Given in goal. Last 2 away games lost 4-3 to Bordeaux who were bottom of the league and 3-2 to Cruz Azul who were just above the relagation zone. I've also conceded the 3rd most goals in the league despite being in 4th place.

I like the tactic as I score so many, however I just don't see how it is possible for example the posts in the OP, Swansea with no defensive purchases ,conceding only 44 goals in the prem, yet here I am conceding on average 2 goals a game against sides like Monterrey, Palmeiras and Braga. Has no one else come across such defensive issues with this tactic? It would seem like the FM gods still have it in for me after all these years..

Thanks but still not having any luck. my 3 main centre backs all have at least 14 pace (Kara in particular is a really good centre back). A solid defensive midfielder in front of them, decent fullbacks, Given in goal. Last 2 away games lost 4-3 to Bordeaux who were bottom of the league and 3-2 to Cruz Azul who were just above the relagation zone. I've also conceded the 3rd most goals in the league despite being in 4th place.

I like the tactic as I score so many, however I just don't see how it is possible for example the posts in the OP, Swansea with no defensive purchases ,conceding only 44 goals in the prem, yet here I am conceding on average 2 goals a game against sides like Monterrey, Palmeiras and Braga. Has no one else come across such defensive issues with this tactic? It would seem like the FM gods still have it in for me after all these years..

Try this to this is perfect for players http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6827

for tactic claiming huge scoring, both original and much? improved version, have very lackluster attacking capabilities , every comment about tactics by ai managers , is about same indecisive and bad style, it isnt nice to watch either, defence is quite horrible too, while I managed to win ch league with brighton in first season, stay 11th in prm second season , i am still trying to find that flowing gameplay and huge scoring i was promised , even with world class strikers its still the same, i started to get those 20+ attempt on goal ( which any decent tactic provides within first 5 games, not third season ) yet i cant score much, and i always let goals in, i can do 25 v 8 and end up having 1 : 1 or even losing ...

i cant be the one can i

Still going very very strong in my West Ham save.

I`m currently in mid December 2017 and have totally dominated England and europe for the past 4 years thanks to my purchasing of good regens back in 2011 and this AWESOME tactic :).

I picked up a load of very good regens back when West ham were in the championship and the regens were 'leading league one' or 'decent championship' talent with 'leading premier league' for the potential.This tactic seems to work very well even if you have mediocre-good players, given the correct teamtalks etc.

When i gained promotion back to the EPL i picked up Babacar on a freebie from Fiorentina, and he has gone on to win the Fifa Ballon for the last 3 years and World player of the year, last two years. He has also gone on to score 352 goals in 206 games and he is still only 24.

Still going very very strong in my West Ham save.

I`m currently in mid December 2017 and have totally dominated England and europe for the past 4 years thanks to my purchasing of good regens back in 2011 and this AWESOME tactic :).

I picked up a load of very good regens back when West ham were in the championship and the regens were 'leading league one' or 'decent championship' talent with 'leading premier league' for the potential.This tactic seems to work very well even if you have mediocre-good players, given the correct teamtalks etc.

When i gained promotion back to the EPL i picked up Babacar on a freebie from Fiorentina, and he has gone on to win the Fifa Ballon for the last 3 years and World player of the year, last two years. He has also gone on to score 352 goals in 206 games and he is still only 24.

You still using stand off? and have you done any tweaks to it? Also what team talks you using and what match preparation do you use?

Hey,

Try this version and see magic happen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gp0va78uz8chew

Also do the following settings:

- Add the default Press Tactic as a 2nd one even if you are not going to use it (I haven't). This helps reach a fluid system faster.

- Team Policy: Assistant handle teamtalk (really, try it!) and attend all press conferences.

- Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions.

- Set the same and best corner taker to Left side and Right side spot

- Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid Average Defensive Positioning

- Rest player 2 days after game finishes

- If draw or lose go to a immediately Team Meeting and choose first option (1st line) and usual get captain opinion

Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions. Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid change it to Average Defensive Positioning.

- Training Furious

- Player Filter use Hazza22299 ones. If you cant seem to find a player for your team, reduce a value by 1 to each skill load in the same proportion. Eventually it will bring someone up.

- Try to keep the player moral above good (very good or superb are the one you should seek) by private talk to them, like saying how he performed last game or/and on the development area how hes going in the training level and perhaps threaten him with placing him in the reserves. This you should do a try and error method do see what do they react the best

I have no credits neither the tactic settings nor the previous advices. These are tips that I got from reading elsewhere. If you follow these steps you will get the next results (friendly game done by assistant):

21097896.png

Hi again,

After several tests with different teams, some big others small, I have reach to a 'state of grace' tactic:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y2ib41t9wcc76c9/FMTN_Grid_System__-_Stand_Off_Fearless.tac

- All the above, except teamtalk that I have swap to an agressive ones, already known by you on the Hazza22299 post (inspired I suppose in Fuss).

- In these new tweaked version drag the center striker to the target man on the set pieces screen.

- If someone got sent off sacrifice the dmc player.

The following screens talk for them self:

rmvsbarcelona.jpg

feirense.jpg

telford.jpg

WOW! Had to post this screenshot. Prob my best result in FM ever. First season as BSP team Gateshead, and expected a drubbing from Man City in the FA Cup. It is not a weak Man City team either!

This is with the Press tactic.

Fantastic result there Rich. May I just ask you what team-talks did you give in this specific match?

Went unbeaten in the prem with Bournemouth using the Stand off tactic. I do have a good squad but its a squad built on limited budgets as ive scrimped and saved to persuade my board to get a new stadium. My friend with Liverpool has an amazing no expenses paid team and apart from a loss in the FA Cup, dominated him that season.

i1jmaf.png

xbzqz7.png

Hi again,

After several tests with different teams, some big others small, I have reach to a 'state of grace' tactic:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y2ib41t9wcc76c9/FMTN_Grid_System__-_Stand_Off_Fearless.tac

- All the above, except teamtalk that I have swap to an agressive ones, already known by you on the Hazza22299 post (inspired I suppose in Fuss).

- In these new tweaked version drag the center striker to the target man on the set pieces screen.

rmvsbarcelona.jpg

feirense.jpg

telford.jpg

What postion is the play-maker?

Fantastic result there Rich. May I just ask you what team-talks did you give in this specific match?

Team, Assertive, No pressure

No individual talks. In pre match interview I backed my boys to do well even though we were big underdogs, and that we could upset the odds.

Oh and after the match the stats also showed us as the best team. I think we had 12 shots to their 8 or something. Possession was about 57-43 to them.

Why do tactics like this you can not make a solid defense? Awful lot of goals I lose :/

I have won CL two times in a row with Lech Poznan and EURO 2016 with Poland using this tactic so tell me more about leaky defence...

As with most effective tactical creations for FM, the use of players classed as AMC's appears to be redundant. When playing as Verona, one of the best players is a loaned AMC and it doesn't seem realistic to cancel the loan, yet it's ridiculous to keep him but leave him out of the side.

There are plenty of top quality players in FM that just have a classification of AMC, so am I missing something here, and if so, can somebody enlighten me as to how they employ this type of player? Please....

As with most effective tactical creations for FM, the use of players classed as AMC's appears to be redundant. When playing as Verona, one of the best players is a loaned AMC and it doesn't seem realistic to cancel the loan, yet it's ridiculous to keep him but leave him out of the side.

There are plenty of top quality players in FM that just have a classification of AMC, so am I missing something here, and if so, can somebody enlighten me as to how they employ this type of player? Please....

I have an AMC and just retrained him to be a CM, but I have M'Vila and a DM to support him so his lack of defensive qualities is easily made up for. Alternatively you could use him as one of the outside strikers.

Thanks for the reply. So, retraining of the players position is the best answer, or I suppose, try to create a tactic to employ that type of player. Using the player as an outside striker would also require position retraining for best results I presume? I must admit that I'm surprised that so many players of this type are so rigidly classed in the game, as I'm sure in reality they are able to perform at least reasonably in more than just the one position?!

Thanks for the reply. So, retraining of the players position is the best answer, or I suppose, try to create a tactic to employ that type of player. Using the player as an outside striker would also require position retraining for best results I presume? I must admit that I'm surprised that so many players of this type are so rigidly classed in the game, as I'm sure in reality they are able to perform at least reasonably in more than just the one position?!

Yeah retraining is always a good bet, as long as your midfield is balanced it isn't an issue, my midfield trio is an attacking playmaker, a box-to-box/ball winner type, and an out and out anchor man, meaning you have a bit of everything in there.

Yeah I agree on the rigidness of players positions, you'd presume an attacking midfielder will be able to play just that little bit deeper in CM.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again,

rmvsbarcelona.jpg

feirense.jpg

telford.jpg

I'm assuming it is on 12.2.2 ? Am i right?

Yes mate i use them

Thanks... I'm glad these filters work cus i'm finding new players to use, rather than the usual players i sign... It makes my new save a bit more interesting :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have a lot of problems with it on FM13, very inconsistent

Well the whole concept of the striker scoring a stupid amount of goals was a bug and its been fixed for FM13, so it wont be anywhere near as good.

If you're trying to play FM Classic then this wont work as only tactics created in the tactics creator will work. Try it in the full blown version and it will work fine.

Are you sure?

Well the whole concept of the striker scoring a stupid amount of goals was a bug and its been fixed for FM13, so it wont be anywhere near as good.

This any good with the 13 Beta or has the match engine rendered it crap?

This tactic mainly worked cause it used two well known exploits that seem (didn't play the new game so much to be sure) fixed now, hopefully FM13 ME could cope better with these kind of tactics.

Its still decent at scoring for the strikers, the problem now is that it can't defend anymore and I don't know if it's a tactic problem or a Match Engine problem. My defenders keep looking like total imbeciles, can't mark their strikers right, don't clear crosses that are right in front of them and let wingers behind them shoot it in, etc.

Yep unfortunatley with me, it contradicts itself... as soon as the tactic becomes fluid it just starts going rubbish, was going along nicely won 9 out 10 with tottenham and then suddenly couldn't buy a point, lost 7 on the bounce... its screwed up.. :s

Plus the defence is awful, the amounts 3-0's that have been thrown away in the last 20 mins is rediculous

Archived