FMTN Grid Tactic

I've just started using this tatic in the FM13 beta after much success in FM12. Been playing as Blackburn & my wingers/inside forwards are scoring well. Corner exploit seems to have been fixed so no goals from corners anymore. Still winning games but conceeding alot. I'm using the pressing version by the way.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing around with the tactic a bit, and found out it works making it into a 4-1-1-1-3, or basically a 4-2-3-1. I made the left midfielder into an attacking midfielder and gave him more creative freedom. I also had him make some deep runs. Then I changed the position of the defensive midfielder slightly to the left, so that I had the defensive midfielder to the left and the midfielder to the right.

Anyway, the tactic has rather similar results to the normal tactic, and it's solid defensively. However, I find it a lot more enjoyable to watch. The midfielders are generally not very effective in the 433 version, and I find that changing the formation made the play a lot more varied and enjoyable to watch. The attacking midfielder performs a lot better than normal midfielders, and to a similar level as the wide strikers. You will see a lot of clever moves, and the attacking midfielder will get quite a few assists and goals.

• 4 months later...

I'm still playing FM12 using this tactic which has brought me league titles and cups in 5 different nations in the same save:

Sampdoria: Serie B, Serie A, Italian cup.

Lyon: League 1, both domestic cups and the champions league

PSV: League and cup

Dortmund: League x3, Cup x2, champions league, club world cup

Chelsea: League, league cup, champions league

Tactic is fantastic. Hats off to the creator.

• 2 weeks later...
That's what the Maya's said, and look where we are.. :D

He might release some tactics for 13 but they won't be grid type ones.

The Grid tactic was so good because it basically exploited everything you could possibly exploit in 12 and the ME just couldn't handle it.

There's nothing really to exploit in 13.

Just have a look at the download tactics section now. The final patch is out and it's more or less dead. It was usally full of new super tactics around this time with loads of people posting.

Alot of those tactic makers don't even post anymore.

Super tactics are dead.

Just have a look at the download tactics section now. The final patch is out and it's more or less dead. It was usally full of new super tactics around this time with loads of people posting.

Alot of those tactic makers don't even post anymore.

Super tactics are dead.

Completly agree with this, never seen the tactic sharing forum so dead. Shame really

I was playing around with the tactic a bit, and found out it works making it into a 4-1-1-1-3, or basically a 4-2-3-1. I made the left midfielder into an attacking midfielder and gave him more creative freedom. I also had him make some deep runs. Then I changed the position of the defensive midfielder slightly to the left, so that I had the defensive midfielder to the left and the midfielder to the right.

Anyway, the tactic has rather similar results to the normal tactic, and it's solid defensively. However, I find it a lot more enjoyable to watch. The midfielders are generally not very effective in the 433 version, and I find that changing the formation made the play a lot more varied and enjoyable to watch. The attacking midfielder performs a lot better than normal midfielders, and to a similar level as the wide strikers. You will see a lot of clever moves, and the attacking midfielder will get quite a few assists and goals.

Has anyone tried this with good success?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys.

First thanks Tactikzz for this wonderlful tactic.

I use the press version for about 10 seasons with Barcelona. And for about 3 seasons with Barcelona B with a second manager.

I'm also using the tweak for the central striker since I read this topic (so for about 1 day or two).

I love this tactic, no mather if it use exploit or anything else.

But I've many questions regarding different things. Many of these are based on the work of Raikan on fm base.

First, regarding PPM. What PPM do you use for each position?

My base idea, which is maybe a contradiction, is to gain more possession and get my players get more passes.

I've tried to set "Hold up ball" to the MDC and my main MC (the one with the most important Decision). It seems to work well for possession. But not for passes.

The max passes I see where 50-60 for MC's or wingbacks.

Is it a bad idea trying to mix grid system with a more possession based?

Then what about "Team work" attribute for fullbacks? I've read in this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/259744-Which-are-the-more-important-Central-Defender-attribute"]thread

that it was very useful when playing offside trap.

I'm sorry for this bad english. But being french make it not easier writing a good english :)

Archived