FMTN Grid Tactic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently so...

It's been doing alright for me without it so far, so i'll give it a go with, and if its rubbish ill just change back.

Let me know how it goes for you!

will do mate, just took over IFK Göteborg first season

will do mate, just took over IFK Göteborg first season

hey crags mate, I was about to PM you my defensive corner routine but it said your message inbox is full.

I just changed the defending corner routine to:

DR: Mark Far post

DCs: Mark Tall

DL: Mark Near Post

Everyone else: Mark Small Player

Havent conceded from a corner since. And the team still counter-attacks after defending a corner successfully

Hey Zico10, please make another 343 I loved your formation on Fm11 :-)

Hi madmike, I'm extremely disappointed with SI mate, I haven't been able to motivate myself with this Match Engine. I've got quite a few tactics on the back burner, but just testing out of curiosity. Year in, year out and no progress with the ME even though the tools are available to develop it much further from this pre-historic phase.

As you know, I'm a fan of back 3 tactics and imo this FM version went backwards compared to FM2011 and FM2010 when it comes to back 3 with wing backs.

A massive let down.

Take care

Went unbeaten in all competitions with my United save in 2016/2017. Just drew 4 games in the league.

Used mostly the press but the stand off for some of the away games against bigger teams although usually found myself switching back to press before the game was over.

I've won everything in a season a few times my first I won all 4 trophies last season I won all 6 aswell and the season before i won all 4 but this is my first season going unbeaten.

I was afraid I might mess up my run changing tactics but this has made my team even better.

Great tactic. I'll stick to this one instead of the various edit ones.

Hi madmike, I'm extremely disappointed with SI mate, I haven't been able to motivate myself with this Match Engine. I've got quite a few tactics on the back burner, but just testing out of curiosity. Year in, year out and no progress with the ME even though the tools are available to develop it much further from this pre-historic phase.

As you know, I'm a fan of back 3 tactics and imo this FM version went backwards compared to FM2011 and FM2010 when it comes to back 3 with wing backs.

A massive let down.

Take care

That's a shame mate your 343 with the DM was immense last year and i had alot of fun using that tactic :)

Hopefully FM2013 will be different

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while, been taking a break haha. Just started as my hometown, Brighton, and doing brilliant. Top of the table so far including a 2-1 win over Wolves (LFC Marshalls update)

This tactic has been brilliant for me at all levels with all clubs, signed Mpeza to rotate with Mackail-Smith and they've both been scoring for fun. I'll update in January to show any more progress that's been made but at the moment it's still the best tactic on this forum, it's even made Brightons very shaky defence reasonably solid!

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while, been taking a break haha. Just started as my hometown, Brighton, and doing brilliant. Top of the table so far including a 2-1 win over Wolves (LFC Marshalls update)

This tactic has been brilliant for me at all levels with all clubs, signed Mpeza to rotate with Mackail-Smith and they've both been scoring for fun. I'll update in January to show any more progress that's been made but at the moment it's still the best tactic on this forum, it's even made Brightons very shaky defence reasonably solid!

Hey Collzy

Well done with Brighton :)

Are you using the tactic from the opening post or the tweaked version (Harrys edit) ?

Anyone got a link to Harry' tweaks?

Download is post 387

Its a tweaked version from a guy over on FM Base called (4-1-2-3 Unbeatable Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299)

I dont know if its any better or worse than the original but he claims to exploit the match engine with it, it also has 29 pages of feedback in 1 week :)

Just finished my first season with Chelsea.........only signings were Hulk and Cavani........had a great season using the Stand Off tactic.........

chelseahistorylandmarks.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We won the Community Shield beating Man City 4-1

Lost in the 3rd round of the League Cup to Wolves 2-2 (4-3 on pens......used Youth team)

Won the Super Cup

Club World Challenge

FA Cup

Premier League.......

barclayspremierleagueovh.png

and the Champions League.......beating Barcelona 1-1 (4-2 on pens)

Top Goalscorer:

fernandotorreshistoryca.png

Am about to start 2nd season with the Press tactic and compare the two

Really enoying this tactic

clearly this is a tactic which requires your team to be 'fluid' in all areas...but it seems to be taking an age for my players to get used to it in match preparation despite the very high workload. anything that can be done to speed up the process?

clearly this is a tactic which requires your team to be 'fluid' in all areas...but it seems to be taking an age for my players to get used to it in match preparation despite the very high workload. anything that can be done to speed up the process?

In pre-season I generally create an away friendly, a tour, a cup, and then a home friendly, this is 7 friendlies + 1 against the reserves. That on very high + no specific focus has generally got it up quite far before the season starts. I also start the game a month before, for example, England start in July, so I'll start in June. Gives an extra month to learn it in training or more friendlies etc.

I'm still using this tactic with Aldershot. As mentioned in my last post, I have removed the corner exploit, but otherwise it's the same. Following promotion last season from league 2, I have just won league 1 at the first attempt (prediction would have been to be relegated I'm sure) with 2 games to spare.

I'm not against the corner exploit per se, but I have enjoyed seeing how my mixed delivery settings have worked. I tend to have more success with my defenders at the far post, but still get the odd near post goal and some from a good old fashioned scramble. Setting it on mixed does give a bit of variety and allows me not to inflate one players goals too much - for me this offsets the fact that I know I've lost out on some goals scored.

The strikers all scored well, with midfield chipping in now and then. The one element I would point out is that it is worth checking the strikers marking instructions now and then. The tactic is set up so that the wide strikers man mark the fullbacks - however at some point in the season (perhaps when I tweaked the corner setting again) this seems to have been lost and instead when I pause in match and check, the strikers are just on default man mark but with no player/position selected. If anything, this may push them more into marking the centre backs. I've tried to re-save to keep the instructions in, but can't seem to get it to work. So now I just start the match, pause and re-add the instructions at the start. Cumbersome, but it does the job. I'm still not sure how they got lost - but it did coincide with a small drop in form, so always worth a check.

I have kept a flat 4-3-3 to change the formation now and then, but have rarely used it.

I've also run this in the lower Brazil leagues with less success. I'm still doing ok, but miss out on promotion and the tactic struggles a little against the heavy defensive formations used there. I suspect I'm still batting above my average - but with a club in debt, no real income to help and no possibility to improve facilities, it is a struggle. But I'll persevere - although may need to mix a winger tactic into the mix when faced with a box formation.

Well, although I hate myself for downloading it (I've never used someone else's tactic since my days as a naive teenager playing Championship Manager) I have to say it's exactly what I was after for this save. Just wanted a nice, easy going 'fun' save as the end of fm2012 draws nigh and fm 2013 gets ever closer...so far in 4 games with Peterboro-

P'boro 4 - 0 Watford

P'boro 6 - 1 Morecambe

Ipswich 0 - 2 P'boro

P'boro 3 - 0 Leeds

I signed Amara Diané on a free as the central striker, and he's amazing. Scored 5 goals in 3 league games and only 1 from a corner.

I'm not sure what is going on, started a new game with Crawley - been using the Stand off version and everything going great guns won my first 15 games at a canter, but suddenly out of nowhere my recent form is thus:

P8 W2 D3 L3

I have no idea what is happening, this is mid way through my first season, havent changed anything setup exactly like the OP, is it just a blip or a more general malaise? Great work by the way!

I'm not sure what is going on, started a new game with Crawley - been using the Stand off version and everything going great guns won my first 15 games at a canter, but suddenly out of nowhere my recent form is thus:

P8 W2 D3 L3

I have no idea what is happening, this is mid way through my first season, havent changed anything setup exactly like the OP, is it just a blip or a more general malaise? Great work by the way!

*Team meetings as soon as you lose a game or draw having played badly in order to stop a negative run of results.

Makes sense, I'll give it a shot, keep morale high as possible then?
yes but this what i use
My team talks i use aggressive. I want win HT same aggressive not happy FT if lost aggressive top option. if won Pass well done top one. i do that if i was rotherham v chelsea. + i always start sundy rep
I do think to get the best out of any tactic is have a very good captain and always call a team meeting when you loose
Say if your winning 2-0 / 3-0 at HT will you still go aggressive?
yes only time i dont if 5+ up i ask ass man

sheffwedvdortmundsheffw.png

As you can see bule not happy so on him i press passionate happy with him

Nah, the arse has fallen out of my game with Crawley now trying all the shouts just lost to kettering in the first round of the FA CUP, getting murdered now home and away, tried switching to press and back again, nothin working!

I have the players for the 3 positions up front: van persie, walcott, podolski, gervinho, giroud, chamakh, bendtner. What would be my SCR, SC, SCL?????

I personally have STL: Podolski STC: Giroud STR: van Persie, but as a really p*ssed off Arsenal fan I'm considering selling VP meaning Walcott will play STR.

Man I have to say this tactic is unreal.

I wanted to try something new for my 11 season Dortmund save game and gave your tactic a try here is how it went so far.

gridleaguetable.jpg

Here is my record game with the tactic and no it's not a pre-season game it was my 15th league game.

gridrecrodgame.jpg

And here is the little beast who scored 12 goals in one game.

gridbader.jpg

He has always been my main guy in attack and scored around 60 goals the last two seasons but he is out of this world this season with this tactic.

Again congrats on creating such an amazing tactic. That being said I probably wouldn't have used it early in the game because it destroys a lot of the realism of the game but still it's a lot of fun to watch.

I wanted to try something new for my 11 season Dortmund save game and gave your tactic a try here is how it went so far.

gridleaguetable.jpg

Here is my record game with the tactic and no it's not a pre-season game it was my 15th league game.

gridrecrodgame.jpg

gridbader.jpg

He has always been my main guy in attack and scored around 60 goals the last two seasons but he is out of this world this season with this tactic.

Again congrats on creating such an amazing tactic. That being said I probably wouldn't have used it early in the game because it destroys a lot of the realism of the game but still it's a lot of fun to watch.

What tactic stand off are Press??

Hello what changes have you done?

Like I said only tweak is setting my central and my right striker to swap positions. Both have perfect stats to play on both positions, might not even make a real difference tbh I just wanted my STCR to get some more goals and not let the STC collect all of them.

gridleaguetable.jpg

gridrecrodgame.jpg

gridbader.jpg

what is your skin please

what is your skin please

It's called "Fahrenheit" but I'm not sure where I downloaded it so you will have to google for it. I also chose a bold font to replace the regular font unfortunately I have no idea what the font is called and I haven't saved it separately.

It's called "Fahrenheit" but I'm not sure where I downloaded it so you will have to google for it. I also chose a bold font to replace the regular font unfortunately I have no idea what the font is called and I haven't saved it separately.
Could you raw it up and send it us please

Could you raw it up and send it us please

Can't upload the entire skin because redistribution isn't allowed without the authors permission. But I found where you can download it.

You can download it here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/skins-all-other-graphics/86739-fahrenheit-skin-fm12.html

I also uploaded the font I used here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ljsexz

Just copy it over the original font that comes with the original skin.

Note: the font name has been changed to overwrite the original font of the skin so it's not the real name of the font I used.

Have fun.

How do you get a position to man mark specific players in player instructions like the wide strikers have? I can only do it in opposition instructions.. cheers

Have the same question ! Thanks ;)

This coming from a heavily tweaked version of the Press tactic;

2012/13 Season - Edinson Cavani - 101 Goals - Used less than 50% of the season, whole season I'd suggest Cavani would have scored even more.

----------------------------------------------

7637163636_2b307b4058_b.jpg

League Table - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7637163110_47fa11d517_b.jpg

Fixtures - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7637161904_7fef813434_b.jpg

Team Stats - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8282/7637162546_6bcbc5d7db_b.jpg

Quite a bit; enough for it to be noticeably different, but not enough that I would take credit for it becoming a new tactic.

The main difference would be for it to incorporate three attacking midfielders in my side - with Ramsey, Wilshere and Thiago being my first choice midfield three. Therefore have made it a flat midfield three, with the central cm having his forward runs restricted. All of these three have been encouraged to run with the ball, and play as many through balls as possible.

Have done similar tweaks to the full backs, they've been aloud to go forward - so the side will now often attack as an eight, with only the two center backs left back - so very attacking. Despite this, as you can see, haven't conceded too many goals this season. Often the team will hoof the ball clear for either center back to head away, very rarely are a side able to construct a move that really exposes me on the break due to the pressing action.

I've increased the tempo as well, to play as quick. It doesn't make for the best style of football, and when played with two center backs such as Alex Song and Varane, both of whom are allowed through balls, it can lead to somewhat route one style of football - but invariably it'l see something like three passes to the forwards from which an attack will be constructed. Something that I've also made for, is that the three central midfielders are set to 'move-into-channels' - this discourages the full backs just hoofing it forward with such a quick tempo, meaning that a center mid will come wide for a simple forward ball when the ball is played out to the full backs from the forwards - from which they are in perfect place to slip a through ball into the channels of the forwards - so really simple football.

Like I say, I haven't overhauled the tactic so much that it's totally different that it could be deemed 'mine' so to speak, just added a changed a few things that have worked for me.

gridleaguetable.jpg

gridrecrodgame.jpg

gridbader.jpg

I like the look of your little beast. He's got an awesome scoring record and a good face. Do you use an alternative regen facepack or is he an original FM regen?

Could you post "your" tactic to see if it works with other teams? thanks

:brock:

Agreed. You should upload it!

Surely the OP won't mind you tweaking a tactic to make it better (in your own opinion) and releasing it so that the community may enjoy it too.....?

Could you post "your" tactic to see if it works with other teams? thanks

:brock:

Agreed. You should upload it!

Surely the OP won't mind you tweaking a tactic to make it better (in your own opinion) and releasing it so that the community may enjoy it too.....?

Here we are; http://www.mediafire.com/?2k6nqtp65mnzz9o

Like I said in the post earlier, I played with three rather attacking central midfielders, so as an example, if playing with Barca a midfield of Iniesta-Xavi-Fabregas may be prefreable, and two ball playing center backs such as Pique-Masch./Busquets.

Anyway, it worked for me for a season, although that season was rather boring and uninspiring.

Good luck!

Here we are; http://www.mediafire.com/?2k6nqtp65mnzz9o

Like I said in the post earlier, I played with three rather attacking central midfielders, so as an example, if playing with Barca a midfield of Iniesta-Xavi-Fabregas may be prefreable, and two ball playing center backs such as Pique-Masch./Busquets.

Anyway, it worked for me for a season, although that season was rather boring and uninspiring.

Good luck!

Archived